Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages«<234
Sharing what we learn about New Deco Changes
Sunrider56
#61 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 9:58:20 AM(UTC)

Medals:
How is everyone doing with the SWF replacements? Since RLC seems to have little interest at this point in giving the community a hand other than going "hey we told you this was coming". I just wondered what people have found that works. I've been trying out the Chromium related scripts in the client. Had already begun and saved a bunch of SWF files that I converted to MP4. Imgur seems stable for storage of the simple ones even if I'm still struggling to get it to default to full screen (yeah that would be way too easy). Anyway, anyone who has found some working parts to the solution feel free to post them here and I'll do likewise.
The_Black_Rieder
#62 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 12:59:24 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sunrider56 Go to Quoted Post
How is everyone doing with the SWF replacements? Since RLC seems to have little interest at this point in giving the community a hand other than going "hey we told you this was coming". I just wondered what people have found that works. I've been trying out the Chromium related scripts in the client. Had already begun and saved a bunch of SWF files that I converted to MP4. Imgur seems stable for storage of the simple ones even if I'm still struggling to get it to default to full screen (yeah that would be way too easy). Anyway, anyone who has found some working parts to the solution feel free to post them here and I'll do likewise.

UV/RLC fixed the Explore/Directory/Calendar and more. All programs and add ons they introduced themselves. It is not up to them to go fixing 3rd party .swf files that fail to work because Adobe stops supporting them. Microsoft are blocking and Browsers are stopping support too. It is up to us, the Community to put our collective heads together and fix them. Time to smell the coffee and realize the buck ends with us. No amount of blaming others because we didn't prepare is going to bring them back. Everyone had enough notice it was going to happen. So yes, they did all they could to fix what belonged to them. The Community posted links to alternatives but it's easier to fix after it all breaks and you know when it works because the apps show again. No amount of testing would show work arounds do the biz until Flash went altogether. The reason, because so many companies had their hands in the pot stopping them working in so many different ways. Even Silesa thought she found a way to fix the TV but even she did not know for sure until Flash went for good.

This post is not meant to offend anyone, it's a wake up call. We just have to suck it up and get on with it.
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
7 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 12/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 12/23/2020(UTC), Katrin_Vesuvino on 12/30/2020(UTC), PZWUMP_GJMC_Temp on 12/31/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/3/2021(UTC), ClubDrakon on 5/27/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/2/2022(UTC)
Sunrider56
#63 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 2:45:45 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Okay, and by now people should know that I'm an ardent supporter of RLC and have been for well over a decade. So, no, I'm not trying to offend anyone either but just like any other site, game or not, the paying subscriber base deserves to have a site that works, not full of holes. Demise of Flash or not it would be naive and short sighted to think Utherverse was the only MMPORG that had to grapple with this issue. So all I'm seeking is cooperative communication. The user base has just gotten used to having to fix what's not working so often that we've become complacent and just expect we are forever on our own. In my opinion that is not how any business should be run. That is my opinion, granted. All I would like to see is a proactive effort on their part to share what they have figured out. And the spirit of my comments here were far more in keeping with the community working together to see what we had figured out than any expectations of RLC just putting their two cents in, in a meaningful way. Now, if anyone has found or tested something that works, feel free to share it here and I'll do the same. I'm not looking to make a profit, I'm looking for ways to help others and solve the problem.
5 users thanked Sunrider56 for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 12/23/2020(UTC), ASultryWmn on 12/23/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 12/23/2020(UTC), CCD_Rum on 12/27/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/3/2021(UTC)
Sunrider56
#64 Posted : Sunday, January 03, 2021 9:44:31 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Here's a question for Any/Everyone. Converting the SWF files to HTML is really a cake walk. I've helped a hand full of folks out with that. The big challenge seems to be that when you use the Chromium Browser script, with a link from most of the common image servers like Imjur or PostImage that the images default to the Web page instead of Full Screen. I know the work around seems to be to just use your own server, but really, not many regular folks have the resources for that.

Anyone have a work-around or suggestions?
A_Seddy
#65 Posted : Sunday, January 03, 2021 9:49:48 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sunrider56 Go to Quoted Post
Here's a question for Any/Everyone. Converting the SWF files to HTML is really a cake walk. I've helped a hand full of folks out with that. The big challenge seems to be that when you use the Chromium Browser script, with a link from most of the common image servers like Imjur or PostImage that the images default to the Web page instead of Full Screen. I know the work around seems to be to just use your own server, but really, not many regular folks have the resources for that.
Anyone have a work-around or suggestions?

You can make it full screen by adjusting the scale/height/width values in the browser script.
4 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 1/3/2021(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 1/3/2021(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 1/3/2021(UTC), Sunrider56 on 1/22/2021(UTC)
Cassey
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 10:14:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I visited the RLC Street this morning/tonight depending on how I look at it my awake time, and found the Learning Center has useful tutorials again for new or newer users. WoOoTs RLC/UV!

vww://utherverse.vww/@33462/@1590226#entrance

Miss you Rand.

4 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 5/27/2022(UTC), Sweetpea on 5/27/2022(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/27/2022(UTC), BB_Licious on 5/28/2022(UTC)
BB_Licious
#67 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2022 11:15:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Cassey Go to Quoted Post
I visited the RLC Street this morning/tonight depending on how I look at it my awake time, and found the Learning Center has useful tutorials again for new or newer users. WoOoTs RLC/UV!

Miss you Rand.

I don't know if you realize it, but RLC/UV doesn't own The Learning Center. By your post, it seems you think they opened it or maybe it's related to Rand.. I don't know.

Sweetpea is the owner of The Learning Center.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

4 users thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
ASultryWmn on 5/28/2022(UTC), Sweetpea on 5/28/2022(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/28/2022(UTC), Cassey on 5/30/2022(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#68 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2022 5:12:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Something is going on with the street. I went the other night and could not stay connected. Maybe that is why was not a soul on it but me at the time. I gotta tell whoever put those vines in the sitting area they look spooky, like something out of a horror movie especially the way they creeping up on that statue. Maybe flowers would convey the idea of spring and summer better. The vines creeping look like abandonment and unkept.
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 5/28/2022(UTC)
Cassey
#69 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 8:34:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: BB_Licious Go to Quoted Post

Miss you Rand.

I don't know if you realize it, but RLC/UV doesn't own The Learning Center. By your post, it seems you think they opened it or maybe it's related to Rand.. I don't know.

Thank you BB.

What was once called the Learning Center was all Rand PS video tutorials in the past, but were slowly replaced with image place holders after he passed away.

Whether something that has nothing to do with RLC/UV...

Thank you Sweetpea for your Learning Center! Many will learn from it, and I hope UV is not charging RAYs to have access off the RLC Street.

2 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 5/30/2022(UTC), BB_Licious on 5/30/2022(UTC)
BB_Licious
#70 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 10:16:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I knew Rand had a place and I visited it once, but..I couldn't really learn anything there. Some things were missing and it was a bit confusing for me. Of course, I was a total newb at the time, so....lol. I just couldn't remember the name of Rand's place.

It's good to know he is still thought of fondly.
Damn you, Addamant, for turning me into a forum whore! *shakes fist*

_Monk_: What does BB stand for?
_Monk_: Ball busting? hehehehe

1 user thanked BB_Licious for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 5/31/2022(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#71 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 2:08:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
has anybody messed with the cup prop? what i have found so far is that if you erase the texture u have no cup if u color the map EVERYTHING including the coffee goes to that color. if there is no viable solution then the prop is useless because i sure dont want to drink from a stone cup because thats what the texture looks like

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
Sweetpea
#72 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 2:44:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: elmerfudddaffy Go to Quoted Post
has anybody messed with the cup prop? what i have found so far is that if you erase the texture u have no cup if u color the map EVERYTHING including the coffee goes to that color. if there is no viable solution then the prop is useless because i sure dont want to drink from a stone cup because thats what the texture looks like

Unfortunately, the cup is a 2 map prop.

I generally use the tea cup and then use a night candy stage prop and put the coffee/latte texture on that and put it in the tea cup
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 10/2/2022(UTC)
Sweetpea
#73 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 2:56:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: BB_Licious Go to Quoted Post

Miss you Rand.

Thank you BB.

What was once called the Learning Center was all Rand PS video tutorials in the past, but were slowly replaced with image place holders after he passed away.

Whether something that has nothing to do with RLC/UV...

Thank you Sweetpea for your Learning Center! Many will learn from it, and I hope UV is not charging RAYs to have access off the RLC Street.

Hi Cassey,

I'm glad you find The Learning Center helpful. I did go to Rands place once many years ago, forgot he even had it until I was reminded after The Learning Center was started.

I did just see in the General Forum that Annart has a Learning Academy. I did send Annart a message asking if it would be ok to link her Learning Academy at The Learning Center.

I do pay rent for the street access, I've never asked RLC if this was something that they would cover as I feel RLC has UtherAcademy and The Learning Center is not affiliated with UtherAcademy.

The Learning Center does support UtherAcademy, we have a link to the UtherAcademy Lobby and there class schedule calendar on the wall.

The Learning Center is more for self study vs active classes like UtherAcademy.

Here is the forum thread for The Learning Center

https://forums.utherverse.com/yaf_postst145444_The-Learning-Center.aspx
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
3 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 5/31/2022(UTC), Sunrider56 on 7/28/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/2/2022(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#74 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 3:56:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
ok thanks sweetpea i would have known that but wraiths site only shows the 1 map so i had to go the hard route but now that i know i can move onto plan B

2 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 5/31/2022(UTC), Sunrider56 on 7/28/2022(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#75 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2022 1:54:43 PM(UTC)

Medals:
ok folks with the help of GI_Jane in tech support we have figured out how to have multiple vids able to be played in one venue by different people or even the same person. to do this you have to use the youtube api and a web host. the easiest way that everybody can do this without headache is to take advantage of the following website:

http://www.oakandwillow....k/free/YouTubePlayer.htm

follow the directions and you end up with a code to put into script: web browser(chromium). its that simple. i have not tested it with multiple people yet. i am going to put the word out so that i can have it tested under the conditions that may apply at any given time. i can say it works for me but for multiple people at one time---- eh who knows but i will find out and post the results here

3 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
Sunrider56 on 7/28/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 7/28/2022(UTC), Never_Lost on 7/29/2022(UTC)
Penycat_FTMC
#76 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2022 12:23:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
So the answer might be here, but I've not found it yet with searching. I've been gone a bit, but coming back again (missed you all). A ways back I use to have interactive dance floors, they were swf files where when you moved your mouse over them (while we danced) colors would spread all over the floor and it was quite mesmerizing. Of course swf doesn't work anymore so I've been searching for things I might be able to use to have these floors again. Any ideas? I'm not finding a converter that works or anything I can use. Help would be most appreciatedSmile
Thank you!
Penycat (aka Tigs)
[img]https://www.utherverse.com/bucket/e204da0c-4141-49b4-b309-401e2879258f[/img]
Best Custom Aquariums and more in RLC!
ASultryWmn
#77 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2022 2:48:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Aww so sorry, I don't know of a substitute that would help. When flash was discontinued somethings just can't be restored. Like the realistic water file. grrr
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 10/2/2022(UTC)