Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages123>»
Sharing what we learn about New Deco Changes
Sunrider56
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:33:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Okay All. I don't have much to post here yet. I'm still muddling through the Deco changes that came out with this latest Mega Update. But if you have questions or success with some of the new stuff and want to post it here for others then maybe everyone can get up to speed faster and save some time and frustration.

Example: I don't know why all the emissives got reset to zero, it's a pain. but an easy fix to restore.

If anyone has had success with the new rotation script, like on a ceiling fan, that's what I'm onto next.

Feel free to ask or post an answer here.
11 users thanked Sunrider56 for this useful post.
Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/23/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/23/2020(UTC), Water_Dragoness on 9/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), Katrin_Vesuvino on 9/23/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/23/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC), Clickonme on 4/13/2021(UTC), Prez_Kitti_SDMC on 7/30/2022(UTC)
Dr_Sean_Davis
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:46:19 AM(UTC)

this a great idea Sunrider maybe can get this sticky so be a good go to for ones needing some help with new ways of doing this.
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
3 users thanked Dr_Sean_Davis for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/30/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:51:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Sharing is always a good thing and the purpose of the forum

TY Sun for the topic on the fly discoveries and methods being shared here will help

But be sure also to contribute/visit the efforts Chantal shares at the info below
much like Dusty's big list once methods are confirmed and refined Chantal does
great work presenting that information concisely and well-illustrated.

That is a great deal of work people like Chantal and Dusty have brought to share with others.

In the mean time YEPPERS SUN the more the better and more Chantal can sort out and share from post made here.

Peace

Chantal siggy:

I setup a Discord for everyone!

Feel free to join at: https://discord.gg/4CgshQF

Need some help, visit: https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Utherverse_Wiki
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
3 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Water_Dragoness on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
LadyDark_hC
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:25:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
it would be more nice if the DEVS would UPDATE the UTHERVERSE/RLC WIKI because the things that there are explained about using props and the prop editor are not more up to date and now totally wrong now.
Quote:
"Take people as they are, others do not exist." Konrad Adenauer (1st chancellor of germany)

Quote:
"Make yourself unpopular once then you will be taken seriously."Konrad Adenauer (1st chancellor of germany)

2 users thanked LadyDark_hC for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Dr_Sean_Davis
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:25:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sunrider56 Go to Quoted Post
Okay All. I don't have much to post here yet. I'm still muddling through the Deco changes that came out with this latest Mega Update. But if you have questions or success with some of the new stuff and want to post it here for others then maybe everyone can get up to speed faster and save some time and frustration.

Example: I don't know why all the emissives got reset to zero, it's a pain. but an easy fix to restore.

If anyone has had success with the new rotation script, like on a ceiling fan, that's what I'm onto next.

Feel free to ask or post an answer here.

according to the how to on the news page on rotating this is what it says to do

Rotating
Rotate and scale dialog
As we already have mentioned earlier we are introducing a new rotation script, this will replace the previous rotating scripts rotate object CW and rotate object CCW, this means these scripts will stop working in your current properties, as these no longer exist. Instead we combined these functions in a brand new script. Not only did we combine these two we also expanded this script with 4 brand new rotational directions, on two different axes.

Velocity X/Y/Z-Axis will determine the speed the object will rotate at.

CCW X/Y/Z-Axis will determine the direction the prop is rotating, clockwise or counter-clockwise.

LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
Katrin_Vesuvino on 9/23/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Water_Dragoness
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:27:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Although I still believe that rlc has to post a new deco manual, I really thank you Sunrider for this post.

I have many questions but one at the time.

I like rotating dance floors. All my rotating dance floors are not working now. I use often Night Candy Stage Floor prop. So far I tried Rotate Object on Script, but I had nothing, I mean no rotation. Then I enabled the Activate on Load on State and I had this: [img]https://www.utherverse.com/bucket/94126152-7ef1-49f3-935a-960f644714be[/img].
But obviously this is not what I want! I have the same problem with the spotlights. Any idea of how to do it work?
3 users thanked Water_Dragoness for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:29:33 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Rotate Object:

This script is meant to overcome the limitations of the old script, which only allowed rotating on a single access, regardless of how the prop was oriented.

The script allows you to rotate a prop on any or all of 3 axes in the form of Roll, Yaw and Pitch (X, Y, Z)

It also allows for either clockwise or counter-clockwise rotate of each axis.

The above is an example of a ceiling fan prop, using the Rotate Object script with the Yaw (Y) parameter set to 6.

Then we have the same prop, manually rotated 90 degrees on the X axis, with the Rotate script set to rotate on Roll (Z axis)

Keep in mind that some props have their point of origin offset from center, and will rotate differently (ex. Sign_01 which rotates on a corner). You'll have to play with various props to find one that works for your needs.

Also, once you have the parameters set, you will need to enable the "Activate on Load" state for the rotation to begin, or use a Trigger to activate the script remotely (most scripts can now be linked with the 'Trigger Linked Script' script to start/stop them remotely).

More to come later...

-Vie

P.S. I forgot to mention that if you won't want this to automatically start rotating, you can check the 'Clickable Trigger' state instead of 'Activate on Load', then click the prop to start/stop it rotating.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
18 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Water_Dragoness on 9/23/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/23/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/23/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/23/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/23/2020(UTC), Atomic_CG on 9/23/2020(UTC), Katrin_Vesuvino on 9/23/2020(UTC), Jazzbabe on 9/23/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/23/2020(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 9/23/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), MR_LIX on 9/24/2020(UTC), BB_Licious on 9/25/2020(UTC), DonNY55 on 9/25/2020(UTC), Clickonme on 4/13/2021(UTC)
Water_Dragoness
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:33:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Viegoth Go to Quoted Post
Rotate Object:

This script is meant to overcome the limitations of the old script, which only allowed rotating on a single access, regardless of how the prop was oriented.

The script allows you to rotate a prop on any or all of 3 axes in the form of Roll, Yaw and Pitch (X, Y, Z)

The above is an example of a ceiling fan prop, using the Rotate Object script with the Yaw (Y) parameter set to 6.

Then we have the same prop, manually rotated 90 degrees on the X axis, with the Rotate script set to rotate on Roll (Z axis)

Keep in mind that some props have their point of origin offset from center, and will rotate differently (ex. Sign_01 which rotates on a corner). You'll have to play with various props to find one that works for your needs.

Also, once you have the parameters set, you will need to enable the "Activate on Load" state for the rotation to begin, or use a Trigger to activate the script remotely (most scripts can now be linked with the 'Trigger Linked Script' script to start/stop them remotely).

More to come later...

-Vie

I'm going to try it now. Thank you Viegoth.Smile
3 users thanked Water_Dragoness for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:46:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Scale Object:

This script is something of a niche item that most people likely won't have a use for. But if you want to make something really unique (Alice in Wonderland comes to mind), it could be neat.

The way this one is set up is really simple.

Enter the size you want to scale the prop to, and then choose what speed you want it to scale at (in seconds).

Then either click on the prop (make sure you set the Clickable Trigger state), set it to "Activate on Load", or set up a remote trigger for it.

Then sit back and watch it grow (or shrink).

-Vie

Want to see more? Animated Textures is next...

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Profile Message

-
18 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/23/2020(UTC), Water_Dragoness on 9/23/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/23/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/23/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/23/2020(UTC), Katrin_Vesuvino on 9/23/2020(UTC), Jazzbabe on 9/23/2020(UTC), Precious_L on 9/23/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Bad_Timmy on 9/24/2020(UTC), MR_LIX on 9/24/2020(UTC), BB_Licious on 9/25/2020(UTC), Brianna on 12/23/2020(UTC), Clickonme on 4/13/2021(UTC)
Dr_Sean_Davis
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:06:49 AM(UTC)

Rotate Object:

More to come later...

-Vie

P.S. I forgot to mention that if you won't want this to automatically start rotating, you can check the 'Clickable Trigger' state instead of 'Activate on Load', then click the prop to start/stop it rotating.

Hey Viegoth is it possible to say add like a light switch to click to turn things on and off
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
1 user thanked Dr_Sean_Davis for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC)
Sunrider56
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:09:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks for the input on the Rotation. It was that blasted "Activate on Load" Setting that I forgot!
3 users thanked Sunrider56 for this useful post.
Viegoth
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:09:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Animated Textures:

I know... just the sound of this one makes you cringe after the recent patching fiasco, right? Well, luckily a patch fixed that.

So this one isn't really a new script. For those who don't already know how to use it or what it does... an animated texture is just a series of images packed into a single sprite file (think GIF) so they can be animated. Really basic stuff.

The difference now, is that a prop with this script attached can be made invisible or collidable, and these can be toggled on or off.

Remember that little (big) bunny from before?

Wet Bunny!

Bye Bye Bunny!

This one does NOT need the 'Activate on Load' state to be set to work. However, if you choose either the Toggle Visibility or Toggle Collision parameters of this script, setting it to 'Activate on Load' will toggle these states when the prop loads.

And again, if you set it to Clickable on the state tab, you can click it to toggle Visibility/Collision.

Also, as with previous scripts, you can combine this with a Trigger Linked Script to trigger it remotely.

Profile Message

-
6 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/23/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/23/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/23/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:11:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SEAN_DAVIS Go to Quoted Post

Hey Viegoth is it possible to say add like a light switch to click to turn things on and off

I haven't gotten to that chapter yet! Flapper

Yes, it is possible... using the Trigger Linked Script and the Clickable Trigger state.

Since you asked, let's cover that one next.

Trigger Linked Script:

This is actually an old script 'PasstoLinkedProp' that was given new life.

For those who don't know what 'PasToLinkedProp' did, it allowed you to use a Trigger Box prop, link it to a VIP Rope or Gender Block script, and detect when someone tried to cross the rope. Non-VIP members weren't allowed to pass a VIP rope, and if your gender didn't match the setting on Gender Block, you couldn't pass.

The new version of this script 'Trigger Linked Script' is now usable across a multitude of different scripts. Nearly every script that does something can be 'linked' to a trigger.

You can use this script in the normal fashion, by adding it to a Trigger Box prop, and use it to trigger when someone enters or exits the area defined by the trigger box.

But, you can also use it by adding it to just about any prop, and setting the 'Clickable Trigger' state on the State tab, to use that prop as the trigger to activate another script on a different prop.

I know... your head just exploded, right? "Is he talking light switches to turn things on and off?"

Yes, you can even use it to turn lights (Light Source, Light Area) on and off.

There are 4 parameters on the Trigger Linked Script...

• Target Prop ID
  • Reversed Trigger
  • Trigger on Enter
  • Trigger on Exit

The Target Prop ID is the ID of the prop you want to trigger the script on.

There is a neat little button on the Prop Editor which makes it really easy to get this. Edit the prop you intend to trigger, then click the PID button to copy that prop's ID to your clipboard.

Once you have this PID, just paste it into the parameter box of the Trigger Linked Script.

You can simultaneously link up to 4 props using 1 script, by adding all 4 PIDs in the Trigger Prop ID parameter, each separated by a semicolon( ; ).

The Reversed Trigger option does exactly what it sounds like... instead of starting on Enter and stopping on Exit, it causes the triggered script to do just the opposite. Lights go off when someone enters, and on when someone leaves.

The last 2 parameters are self-explanatory. If you want to trigger the script when someone enters the trigger box, you check the 'On Enter' parameter. If you want to trigger when someone leaves the trigger box, you would check the 'On Exit' parameter. You can choose one or the other, or both, depending on your situation and how you want it to work.

You do not need to set any special states for this script if you are using it on a Trigger Box prop. The Trigger state is set automatically for you when you choose the script.

However, if you want to use this script as a switch on a prop, you do need to uncheck the 'Trigger' state and check the 'Clickable Trigger' state.

When using this script as a clickable trigger, the 'Trigger on Enter' and 'Trigger on Exit' options do not apply.

-Vie

Profile Message

-
10 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sunrider56 on 9/23/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/23/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/23/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 9/23/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Niki_Deus_PCD on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Mountain
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:46:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Rotate Object:

More to come later...

-Vie

Still dont work
1 user thanked Mountain for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC)
Sunrider56
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1:41:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Mountain, if you are doing a fan for example. Click the script, select the Rotate Script. Make SURE nothing is checked or entered in any other Axis but Y. Put in your values... like a rotation speed of .5, select CCW or not, toggle over to the State tab, check Activate on Load. The fan should start spinning when you release the prop.
3 users thanked Sunrider56 for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Dr_Sean_Davis
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1:43:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: SEAN_DAVIS Go to Quoted Post

I haven't gotten to that chapter yet! Flapper

Yes, it is possible... using the Trigger Linked Script and the Clickable Trigger state.

Since you asked, let's cover that one next.

Trigger Linked Script:

This is actually an old script 'PasstoLinkedProp' that was given new life.

For those who don't know what 'PasToLinkedProp' did, it allowed you to use a Trigger Box prop, link it to a VIP Rope or Gender Block script, and detect when someone tried to cross the rope. Non-VIP members weren't allowed to pass a VIP rope, and if your gender didn't match the setting on Gender Block, you couldn't pass.

The new version of this script 'Trigger Linked Script' is now usable across a multitude of different scripts. Nearly every script that does something can be 'linked' to a trigger.

You can use this script in the normal fashion, by adding it to a Trigger Box prop, and use it to trigger when someone enters or exits the area defined by the trigger box.

But, you can also use it by adding it to just about any prop, and setting the 'Clickable Trigger' state on the State tab, to use that prop as the trigger to activate another script on a different prop.

I know... your head just exploded, right? "Is he talking light switches to turn things on and off?"

Yes, you can even use it to turn lights (Light Source, Light Area) on and off.

There are 4 parameters on the Trigger Linked Script...

• Target Prop ID
  • Reversed Trigger
  • Trigger on Enter
  • Trigger on Exit

The Target Prop ID is the ID of the prop you want to trigger the script on.

There is a neat little button on the Prop Editor which makes it really easy to get this. Edit the prop you intend to trigger, then click the PID button to copy that prop's ID to your clipboard.

Once you have this PID, just paste it into the parameter box of the Trigger Linked Script.

You can simultaneously link up to 4 props using 1 script, by adding all 4 PIDs in the Trigger Prop ID parameter, each separated by a semicolon( ; ).

The Reversed Trigger option does exactly what it sounds like... instead of starting on Enter and stopping on Exit, it causes the triggered script to do just the opposite. Lights go off when someone enters, and on when someone leaves.

The last 2 parameters are self-explanatory. If you want to trigger the script when someone enters the trigger box, you check the 'On Enter' parameter. If you want to trigger when someone leaves the trigger box, you would check the 'On Exit' parameter. You can choose one or the other, or both, depending on your situation and how you want it to work.

You do not need to set any special states for this script if you are using it on a Trigger Box prop. The Trigger state is set automatically for you when you choose the script.

However, if you want to use this script as a switch on a prop, you do need to uncheck the 'Trigger' state and check the 'Clickable Trigger' state.

When using this script as a clickable trigger, the 'Trigger on Enter' and 'Trigger on Exit' options do not apply.

-Vie

Thank you so much Viegoth Applause Applause
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Atomic_CG on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:03:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Utherverse client (Orange/Pnk) http://download.redlightcenter.com/SetupFiles/Installers/UtherverseSetup.exe
Redlight Center client (Red/Black) http://download.redlightcenter.com/SetupFiles/Installers/RedLightCenterSetup.exe
Virtual Vancouver client (Blue/Silver) http://download.redlightcenter.com/SetupFiles/Installers/VirtualVancouverSetup.exe

Using one of these clients will install the fully updated version without needing to patch.

Once installed, please
DO NOT REPAIR!

Pick from the 3 different clients to find the color scheme that best suits you taste/comfort.

https://www.utherverse.com/news/
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
4 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), Water_Dragoness on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 9/25/2020(UTC)
Mountain
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:10:22 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Mountain, if you are doing a fan for example. Click the script, select the Rotate Script. Make SURE nothing is checked or entered in any other Axis but Y. Put in your values... like a rotation speed of .5, select CCW or not, toggle over to the State tab, check Activate on Load. The fan should start spinning when you release the prop.

Thank you. Now it is going counter-clockwise. How do I get it to turn clockwise?
1 user thanked Mountain for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:32:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mountain Go to Quoted Post

Thank you. Now it is going counter-clockwise. How do I get it to turn clockwise?

There's a checkbox on the script for CCW/CW rotation.

Profile Message

-
3 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Mountain
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:14:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:

There's a checkbox on the script for CCW/CW rotation.

In the script, the only check boxes are for CCW There is no CCW/Cw or anything like that in state ethier

But if you uncheck CCW yaw after setting rotation in that script it will turn clockwise
2 users thanked Mountain for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 9/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC)