Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Sharing what we learn about New Deco Changes
Water_Dragoness
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:42:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mountain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Viegoth Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sunrider56 Go to Quoted Post
Mountain, if you are doing a fan for example. Click the script, select the Rotate Script. Make SURE nothing is checked or entered in any other Axis but Y. Put in your values... like a rotation speed of .5, select CCW or not, toggle over to the State tab, check Activate on Load. The fan should start spinning when you release the prop.

Thank you. Now it is going counter-clockwise. How do I get it to turn clockwise?

There's a checkbox on the script for CCW/CW rotation.

In the script, the only check boxes are for CCW There is no CCW/Cw or anything like that in state ethier

But if you uncheck CCW yaw after setting rotation in that script it will turn clockwise

Good morning people. Smile My problem wasn't the rotation. I had the prop, then I used the Rotate Object, but when I was clicking on Activate on Load, then my prop turned vertical and looked like a chainsaw and not like a dance floor. But I found a way. And this is the way I did it.

1) Pick up a Night Candy Stage Floor Red Cylinder as a prop (if you want a dance floor or anything that rotates like this)

2) Go to Script and choose Rotate Object

3) Put the first option (Velocity Pitch) to 0

4) Increase the second option (Velocity Yaw) to 0.06. This is the speed of the rotation. 0.06 is good for me, but you can increase more if you like. This is up to you. Then click below, on the CCW Yaw - Turn On/Of this feature

5) UNLOCK the prop to avoid to turn it vertical.

6) Pick up the prop again and then go to the State. Then click on Activate on Load.

It worked for me. I hope it will work for you too.

*I just used this way on 2 fans and it works great (Ceiling fan with Oval Leafs and Ceiling Fan Rotating Section). But you have to put Velocity Yaw up to 2, to rotate faster.
3 users thanked Water_Dragoness for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Atomic_CG
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:05:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Silesa Go to Quoted Post

Utherverse client (Orange/Pnk) http://download.redlightcenter.com/SetupFiles/Installers/UtherverseSetup.exe
Redlight Center client (Red/Black) http://download.redlightcenter.com/SetupFiles/Installers/RedLightCenterSetup.exe
Virtual Vancouver client (Blue/Silver) http://download.redlightcenter.com/SetupFiles/Installers/VirtualVancouverSetup.exe

Using one of these clients will install the fully updated version without needing to patch.

Once installed, please
DO NOT REPAIR!

Pick from the 3 different clients to find the color scheme that best suits you taste/comfort.

https://www.utherverse.com/news/

For all who still have Problems: check your windows defender. It took us almost 24 hours to go through all the layers of Security Software to find why we couldnt install or even download. I know we are slow and some of you might shake your head, but for guys like me, this tip might help
5 users thanked Atomic_CG for this useful post.
Water_Dragoness on 9/24/2020(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 3:00:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hy and hello everyone,

well well, there's a lot of excitement about the new changes in the game, I don't think that so much excitement is necessary. Above all, I think we should all try to stay peaceful and take advantage of all the changes. The programmers are only human, it should be clear and certain that these people should be treated with the same decency and respect as we would expect for ourselves.

A German proverb says: What you don't want someone to do to you, don't do to anyone else. That's why I find it absolutely unnecessary to throw around cusses and swearwords, as I saw it in various places in the forum. A little more calmness, this is a game and we all should keep this in mind. Furthermore, the changes also give us a chance to rework our various locations, to make them better here and there.

To speed things up a bit, here is a method I used.

Here I have extremely many fishes, all of them designed by myself according to the real existing models, the real existing fishes that can be observed in the Indian Ocean when you dive there. They all got the "Move within bounded Box" script, always designed to make the fish move like they do in nature.

With emitters it is the same, the parameters had remained exactly the same.

The changes didn't affect this script, the parameters all remained as I had once created them. So there was only one thing I had to do:

1. open the Prop Editor
2. at the position marked with 1 switch to script instead of ID
3. open the proplist and check "Activate on Load" in the state tab whenever the script emitter or move within bounded box appears

When executed this way it took not even 2 hours until my Divebase Rumah Damai was back as I left it before the update.

Good luck you all, stay safe and be well, make the best of it and keep smiling,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
7 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/24/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/24/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/24/2020(UTC), Scr_karenWFF_KMT on 9/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Celendra_S1
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 6:41:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
So far most has been fixable using the Activate on Load button.

Rotation is an issue on several moving props I have - the axis has changed from rotation on X to rotating on Y it looks like.
I'll read through the suggestions here and see what the solution to that is.

Watching the ceiling fan slice through the roof has been oddly amusing, though. Same with the jetliner parked in midair over my beach LOL.

Another thing that has happened was since the patch cleared the cache (it seems) now missing textures who had had the Forever cache option set are missing. They've probably been missing for a very long time but I was loading them locally and didn't know it.
Others may find the same thing.

One question I have - is clicking Activate on Load harmful if done on a prop that doesn't need it? I don't have a lot of time and while speed-fixing a few layouts I know I probably hit that button on props that didn't need it.

Thanks.
Cel
2 users thanked Celendra_S1 for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/30/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 6:48:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Celendra Go to Quoted Post
So far most has been fixable using the Activate on Load button.

Rotation is an issue on several moving props I have - the axis has changed from rotation on X to rotating on Y it looks like.
I'll read through the suggestions here and see what the solution to that is.

Watching the ceiling fan slice through the roof has been oddly amusing, though. Same with the jetliner parked in midair over my beach LOL.

Another thing that has happened was since the patch cleared the cache (it seems) now missing textures who had had the Forever cache option set are missing. They've probably be missing for a very long time but I was loading them locally and didn't know it.
Others may find the same thing.

One question I have - is clicking Activate on Load harmful if done on a prop that doesn't need it? I don't have a lot of time and while speed-fixing a few layouts I know I probably hit that button on props that didn't need it.

Thanks.
Cel

For the most part, no. Activating a prop that doesn't need it won't hurt it... unless that prop has a script on it that you don't want activating. There only a dozen or so scripts that can be activated, and even then, only if that script is configured for it (ex. Cached Web Image can be activated, but only if you change the script. Activating it doesn't harm it by default).

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
8 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/24/2020(UTC), Celendra_S1 on 9/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/30/2020(UTC)
Bad_Timmy
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 8:45:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SEAN_DAVIS Go to Quoted Post

Hey Viegoth is it possible to say add like a light switch to click to turn things on and off

I haven't gotten to that chapter yet! Flapper

Yes, it is possible... using the Trigger Linked Script and the Clickable Trigger state.

Since you asked, let's cover that one next.

Trigger Linked Script:

This is actually an old script 'PasstoLinkedProp' that was given new life.

For those who don't know what 'PasToLinkedProp' did, it allowed you to use a Trigger Box prop, link it to a VIP Rope or Gender Block script, and detect when someone tried to cross the rope. Non-VIP members weren't allowed to pass a VIP rope, and if your gender didn't match the setting on Gender Block, you couldn't pass.

The new version of this script 'Trigger Linked Script' is now usable across a multitude of different scripts. Nearly every script that does something can be 'linked' to a trigger.

You can use this script in the normal fashion, by adding it to a Trigger Box prop, and use it to trigger when someone enters or exits the area defined by the trigger box.

But, you can also use it by adding it to just about any prop, and setting the 'Clickable Trigger' state on the State tab, to use that prop as the trigger to activate another script on a different prop.

I know... your head just exploded, right? "Is he talking light switches to turn things on and off?"

Yes, you can even use it to turn lights (Light Source, Light Area) on and off.

There are 4 parameters on the Trigger Linked Script...

• Target Prop ID
  • Reversed Trigger
  • Trigger on Enter
  • Trigger on Exit

The Target Prop ID is the ID of the prop you want to trigger the script on.

There is a neat little button on the Prop Editor which makes it really easy to get this. Edit the prop you intend to trigger, then click the PID button to copy that prop's ID to your clipboard.

Once you have this PID, just paste it into the parameter box of the Trigger Linked Script.

You can simultaneously link up to 4 props using 1 script, by adding all 4 PIDs in the Trigger Prop ID parameter, each separated by a semicolon( ; ).

The Reversed Trigger option does exactly what it sounds like... instead of starting on Enter and stopping on Exit, it causes the triggered script to do just the opposite. Lights go off when someone enters, and on when someone leaves.

The last 2 parameters are self-explanatory. If you want to trigger the script when someone enters the trigger box, you check the 'On Enter' parameter. If you want to trigger when someone leaves the trigger box, you would check the 'On Exit' parameter. You can choose one or the other, or both, depending on your situation and how you want it to work.

You do not need to set any special states for this script if you are using it on a Trigger Box prop. The Trigger state is set automatically for you when you choose the script.

However, if you want to use this script as a switch on a prop, you do need to uncheck the 'Trigger' state and check the 'Clickable Trigger' state.

When using this script as a clickable trigger, the 'Trigger on Enter' and 'Trigger on Exit' options do not apply.

-Vie

This new action is GREAT! Realistic wall switches that turn the lights on/off in rooms? That's killer. BIG step up in realism when done right with shadowing and the lighting effects.
5 users thanked Bad_Timmy for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/24/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/24/2020(UTC), Katrin_Vesuvino on 9/25/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 9:59:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
RollEyes
uh huh that homegrown devs is some killer and we just getting the first puffs of what they are smoking.

The abilities of the new team is very impressive IMO.

The script i am interested in currently and helping on is the Add sound with the 120 second custom wav files.

Creating & hosting the custom wav files i definitely could help people do their own or provide for them.

This script if done right would open up some wow possibilities if it worked like the old
water sounds on proximity BUT does not trigger the sound globally.

Basically the ability to use custom wav files up to 2 minutes in length would have lots of creative possibilities.

Ride, maze, follow a path type venues, where the user passes through a area of the region could hear custom ambient sounds, info type narration/instructions or clues in a adventure/maze type venue.

Custom sounds in a trigger box working correctly or works the way the old water sound proximity did/does not global to all users hearing it in the region, could be a great addition to the tools deco designers have to create.

So far i have tested the add sound script with proximity checked and linked to a custom wav file, kind of works but think what i am reading @ https://www.utherverse.com/news/#add-sounds

It also has to be linked to a trigger box/prop?? That might have to do with the new PID linking. i'll go back at it later and try again to link triggers, but sorta works? It would continue to play after i left the region Not sure if add sound is same as add music and is global.

AMAZING what our HOMEGROWN DEV team has added to the UV TEAM

KEEP KICKING ASS AND CHEWING BUBBLEGUM UV DEVS Sincere great job!
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
5 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC), SClaude on 11/10/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 12:01:45 PM(UTC)

Medals:
RollEyes
uh huh that homegrown devs is some killer and we just getting the first puffs of what they are smoking.

The script i am interested in currently and helping on is the Add sound with the 120 second custom wav files.

Creating & hosting the custom wav files i definitely could help people do their own or provide for them.

This script if done right would open up some wow possibilities if it worked like the old

Basically the ability to use custom wav files up to 2 minutes in length would have lots of creative possibilities.

Ride, maze, follow a path type venues, where the user passes through a area of the region could hear custom ambient sounds, info type narration/instructions or clues in a adventure/maze type venue.

Custom sounds in a trigger box working correctly or works the way the old water sound proximity did/does not global to all users hearing it in the region, could be a great addition to the tools deco designers have to create.

So far i have tested the add sound script with proximity checked and linked to a custom wav file, kind of works but think what i am reading @ https://www.utherverse.com/news/#add-sounds

It also has to be linked to a trigger box/prop?? That might have to do with the new PID linking. i'll go back at it later and try again to link triggers, but sorta works? It would continue to play after i left the region Not sure if add sound is same as add music and is global.

Silesa, you absolutely grasped the intention and you are the first I guess. All you described here above can be done already now since the proximity toggle is in place too. And yes, trigger box with linked PID does the trick. Applause ThumpUp
5 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Bad_Timmy on 9/24/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:43:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello and good day everyone,

something new, just a little thing, but in my opinion it looks really good and very realistic. How you create it, I will explain in a moment.

Let's say you have a location with a beach or a lake or a pool. It makes sense to have such a fun inflatable beach ball, doesn't it?

Here's a small, simple pattern that you can change to your liking with a reasonably good graphics program.

Feel free to download the pattern and upload it at the picture host of your confidence or use it's hotlink if you like it as it is, which is:

https://s12.directupload...user/200924/fghipkha.jpg

First you have to create now the prop "Multicolored Sphere"

Scale the sphere to some reasonable size, which is about 2,5 in each axis.

Now place the sphere on the water surface, let it a bit sink in the water, as it would do in real too.

But it is important that it is high enough about any collidable ground!

Now check in State Tab "Activate on Load"

Use as first script "Cached Web Image", set "File Caching to Forever", use the hotlink which I shared above or the hotlink from your own picture host as "Image URL".

Now let's work on the 2nd script. It is important that you follow the instructions precisely!

Use as second script "Move within bounded box", then uncheck "Collidable" in state tab.

Now type the value of about 10 in Speed box and about 0.20 to 0.25 in each of the boxes below, which are Turn Delay and Turn Speed

Next are now the borders of the bounded box. Since I have lots space in each of my divebases I worked with the value of 500 in X and Z box, but this depends more or less on teh space you have and your own taste.

Finally we have to work out the 3rd script, which is "Rotate Object"

Give the ball a value of about 0,50 in every box.

Now release your beach ball, it will appear now as blown by the wind over the water.

Good luck, stay safe and be well, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
8 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 9/24/2020(UTC), Dr_Sean_Davis on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/24/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/24/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 9/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Dr_Sean_Davis
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:55:29 PM(UTC)

Thank you DivingA excellent how to Applause
LETS GO BRANDON

LETS GO BRANDON
1 user thanked Dr_Sean_Davis for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:06:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: A_Seddy Go to Quoted Post
RollEyes

Silesa, you absolutely grasped the intention and you are the first I guess. All you described here above can be done already now since the proximity toggle is in place too. And yes, trigger box with linked PID does the trick. Applause ThumpUp

Well what excites me about this is i do have a passion for creating seemless video loops and audio loops. There is a art to it. The 2 minute limit is a little challenging but considering have to watch on file size it is also wise. The art/trick to it on ambient type ones is make the start and end blend seamlessly so the illusion of a longer clip lenght is achieved (looping is not noticeable). i want to do a few street sound ambient generic ones. With the new script deco designers can land on the street go into a building and lose the street ambient sound.

Creating them is like having a pallete of sounds to mix from on different tracks to blend together, car sounds light or heavy traffic, a little wind rustling, murmer of people talking. It is a lot of fun and with the additions to the lighting features, sound can also add subtle very customized details wav loops to exactly fit what the deco designer includes is the scence/layout.

i hope you are right Seddy i will fiddle some more with learning the trigger portion late tonight when RL calms. This is going to be wow to some of the deco people i support by making gizmos for them.

Peace

2 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 5:03:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Here we go with all posts above. This new game client has such a huge potential for creativity, it's a true game changer once users will discover all the improvements and new possibilities! 14 scripts can now be not only set to automatically start when entering a region, but also be triggered via trigger box, clicking on them or with a remote switch, whatever best fits the purpose. Plus many additional options like making them collidable/uncollidable, invisible or grow up/down in size to create special effects at any given trigger users might wish to create. Plus, many of these scripts can be applied to the same prop in parallel to make it even more spectacular. Plus one single trigger box or external switch can control up to 4 props at the same time to make things happen simultaneously. The list is not endless but very very long...
3 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Temptrss_DHCD
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 6:15:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
i have a x_large water foundation and had experenced a problem with my sea turtles on my water foundation since the patch. i have my sea turtles on a bounded box so that they move about the water i also have the anti script on the state tab if i click on them to grab then release them they move a little ways then stop again and don't move until you grab them and release them again. they are activated so i don't see what the problem is with the sea turtles. if someone can get back with me on this problem that would be great.
divingA_WnC
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 11:00:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Temptrss_DHCD Go to Quoted Post
i have a x_large water foundation and had experenced a problem with my sea turtles on my water foundation since the patch. i have my sea turtles on a bounded box so that they move about the water i also have the anti script on the state tab if i click on them to grab then release them they move a little ways then stop again and don't move until you grab them and release them again. they are activated so i don't see what the problem is with the sea turtles. if someone can get back with me on this problem that would be great.

Hello Temptress,

are you sure they are far enough from any collidable props, like ground, any collidable set floors, rocks etc???

Kind regards, divingA

4 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 9/24/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/26/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 11:03:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Temptrss_DHCD Go to Quoted Post

Try setting the Turn Delay to .01 or something really low. The turn delay allows you to create something a little more realistic than the old way of constantly moving without stopping. But if you set it really low, it should continually move like it did before.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 9/24/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/25/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/25/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC)
Temptrss_DHCD
#36 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 12:16:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
i guess my turtles was old i made a fresh new one that is not a clone and kept its original size while is x1.00 y1.00 z1.00 instead of having them at x0.68 y0.78 z0.75 i used same bounded box settings x1000 y600 z800 speed used between 20.00 to 50.00 turn delay 0.00 and turn speed 0.54 now it works also use position y height is 734 so all works now with fresh new turtles.

p.s. i kept the old turtles in the water just in case a support or tech person wants to see them.
5 users thanked Temptrss_DHCD for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 9/25/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Sunrider56
#37 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 9:03:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Has anyone figured out the actual utility of these two script changes in Cached Web? >>> "Cached web image script now has a collidable and visibility trigger, enabling these allows you to toggle if they collide and/or are invisible." So I apply a texture and can make it collidable or invisible? I know I'm missing something.
2 users thanked Sunrider56 for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#38 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 5:22:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Code:
https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/apollo.wav

Code:
https://sitv.us/sharedbySiTV/spacex.wav

i fiddled with it, used those wavs because the counting makes
it easy to tell where the wav is at

Triggers work ok, start over if you go out back in

i hope there is a way to stop them, not figured that out yet

Better than post #27 though

3 users thanked Silesa for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 9/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#39 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 8:22:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Has anyone figured out the actual utility of these two script changes in Cached Web? >>> "Cached web image script now has a collidable and visibility trigger, enabling these allows you to toggle if they collide and/or are invisible." So I apply a texture and can make it collidable or invisible? I know I'm missing something.

Hello,

Here's what I discovered.

1 Place a texture on your prop in Script 1 then chose Enable Visibility Toggle to turn it on.

2 In Script 2 choose ToggledWebImage.

3 In STATE Tab make sure Clickable Trigger is ON

You should now be able to click on the object to make it disappear and appear.

Please note that after you choose ToggledWebImage in script 2 it will disappear from Script 2 for some reason.

This is a whole new learning curve and I hope that eventually folks will get this sorted.

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Anhton

EDIT: As Viegoth mentioned below, you don't need step 2.
5 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Sunrider56 on 9/25/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/26/2020(UTC), Celendra_S1 on 9/26/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 9/29/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#40 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 8:49:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Anhton_Novo Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

Here's what I discovered.

1 Place a texture on your prop in Script 1 then chose Enable Visibility Toggle to turn it on.

2 In Script 2 choose ToggledWebImage.

3 In STATE Tab make sure Clickable Trigger is ON

You should now be able to click on the object to make it disappear and appear.

Please note that after you choose ToggledWebImage in script 2 it will disappear from Script 2 for some reason.

This is a whole new learning curve and I hope that eventually folks will get this sorted.

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Anhton

ToggleWebImage doesn't actually do anything. I think it may be a holdover from some attempt by previous devs to do something interesting. But the reason it disappears after you select it is because it isn't actually a script that currently exists. Same reason that Rotate Object CCW/CW now appears as 'missing' on props that use to have this script.

To use the new features of the Cached Web Image script, you select whichever option you want to toggle (Visibility/Collision), then either make the prop Clickable, as you have done, or use an external Trigger (switch or box) to change the state.

Basically, you can make the prop "disappear" when triggered, or you can make it impassible when triggered. Since Cached Web Image is the mostly commonly used way of putting a texture on a wall or surface, it makes sense that this could also be used to create a sort of "door" or covering.

Without giving away too much... think of say, an evolving maze that changes as people move around it.

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 9/25/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/26/2020(UTC), Celendra_S1 on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/2/2022(UTC)