Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
13 Pages<1234>»
New Welcome Center Policy
SweetGuy
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:43:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: The_Wraith Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing doing a repair replaces this file with the default and changes the FirstUse setting back to True[/size]

Yup, exactly right.
3 users thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
TheFennecFox on 10/27/2012(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 10/27/2012(UTC), __Autumn__ on 10/27/2012(UTC)
___Incubus___
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:50:49 PM(UTC)

Location: .... School Of Hard Knocks and Big Cocks ....Dear neighbors The bible says, "thou shall love thy neighbor" which means, take the password off your WiFi !!! .... God Almighty, please forgive me because I'm going to sin, as a son of a bitch this weekend.
I find it interesting that a couple weeks back UV gave basics the ability to have sex in a room off the welcome center, for the most part the UV community raised a ruckus over the fact and UV shut the marketing project down. Now they are kicking any non new member out of the WC.

Question: For how long would a "New member" be considered a new member, one, two, three logons, a week, a week? When is UV going to decide the person has had enough time in the WC and they won't be able to gain access again?

May Sex Bless You.
FA_Shannoy_FSW
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:00:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: ___Incubus___ Go to Quoted Post
I find it interesting that a couple weeks back UV gave basics the ability to have sex in a room off the welcome center, for the most part the UV community raised a ruckus over the fact and UV shut the marketing project down. Now they are kicking any non new member out of the WC.

Question: For how long would a "New member" be considered a new member, one, two, three logons, a week, a week? When is UV going to decide the person has had enough time in the WC and they won't be able to gain access again?

That's a good question... what about the ones who stay green because they see no benefit in upgrading for what reasons however?

I tend to stand in the WC also and use it as my personal radiostation at my early morning hours and to chat a bit but soon I need to go to my zaby because ghosting in some clubs can lead to getting kicked? My god, that's all soooooo amazing here Cheesy
"I agree with no one's opinion. I have some of my own."
SweetGuy
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:07:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Honestly, I think that is part of the discussion Brian is asking for.
Kris_157
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:15:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SweetGuy Go to Quoted Post

Well in that case, I'd say no less than a month.

Yeah, I know we are all kinda heavy users here on the forums, and that seems like a really long time, but lets remember there are some who only come in for a few hours a week if at all.

I'm sure my total in world time could be measured at under 20 hours a month, and I'm addicted, how much time do you think someone who comes in less would need to think up questions to ask let alone find answers for them?
EDITED BY MODERATOR wrote:
Finally, thank you ALL for all of your support. I mean that. *hands the torch to Kris*

We never believed in the same endpoint, but I think our vision of the forums is similar enough.
Anna7
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:17:03 PM(UTC)

*raises hand*

Ah Brian if you have VIP/Longterm Members behaving poorly,why dont you get your Protectors and Staff to police the situation and ban offenders

I personally rarely go to welcome centre but on occasion i venture there just for old times sake (once a month sometimes)

So now your saying im banned from visiting the welcome centre once in a blue moon unless i get a travel pass from WOs are there any other areas innocent VIPs and Longterm memebers will be banned from with out a travel pass

Are you familiar with the saying "Tarring all with the same Brush"

on other hand the learning centre Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg overdue well done on that

Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:17:10 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: The_Wraith Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Brian Go to Quoted Post

Other answers: I do not know why you end up in WC after patch or repair. I will look into getting that fixed, but I'm glad it was pointed out before we changed permissions;
Cheers,
--Brian

In the Utherverse Cache files is a config file which reads

<config>
<system>
<property name="FirstUse" value="False" />
<property name="patchRevision" value="3557" />
<property name="tosRevision" value="42" />
</system>
<settings>
<property name="Language" value="English" />
<property name="Orientation" value="Standard" />
<property name="ShowStartup" value="False" />
<property name="TipCount" value="35" />
<property name="UserName" value="***Name Removed***" />
</settings>
</config>

I'm guessing doing a repair replaces this file with the default and changes the FirstUse setting back to True

**Its not a repair that I am running however! This is after ANY patch that is issued by RLC. My transport does all the motions of the patch but when I actually log into and land I arrive at the WC. I don't know if anyone is receiving the same problem when a repair is run or not just that on patch Monday through Friday it happens that I land in the WC**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
1 user thanked Deacon_Bloodwyn for this useful post.
SEC_ANGIE_SHNMC on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:19:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Godric_Vampir Go to Quoted Post
**I do have a question Brian. After a patch is done I often end up in the Welcome Center, I have heard this is so the patch goes into effect even though I have my own transport it automatically defaults to the Welcome Center after any patch is issued. Is this now going to change due to this new policy. I only spend a minute in there then zip off to my own transport as soon as I make landing in the WC. Any info you have on this will be greatly helpful. Thanks!**

Dam good question also after running a repair we are sent to Welcome centre

*btw centre is the correct english spelling lol*

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
Anna7
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:23:26 PM(UTC)

what are you suggesting some type of if they cant see whats going on in WC they cant kick up a ruckus in the forums

wouldnt work some one would go in in a sock account take pics and release on TMZ lol

FA_Shannoy_FSW
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:26:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The mentioned members will wear a badge from now on maybe like...

"Thanks to Brian I am here, 4 weeks gone and still no beer?"
or
"I've been a VIP but now I'm green just only for this room to see"
or
"I sent a mail to be allowed now I'm stuck and can't get out"
or
"I am new and who are you?"
or
"This room is large this room is wide, I am looking for a guide"
or
ah, whatever Wink

Me thinks I better leave this discussion Whistle
"I agree with no one's opinion. I have some of my own."
SweetGuy
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:26:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Kris_157 Go to Quoted Post

Well in that case, I'd say no less than a month.

Yeah, I know we are all kinda heavy users here on the forums, and that seems like a really long time, but lets remember there are some who only come in for a few hours a week if at all.

I'm sure my total in world time could be measured at under 20 hours a month, and I'm addicted, how much time do you think someone who comes in less would need to think up questions to ask let alone find answers for them?

What about in hours? What would you think would be a fair time? For instance: 20 in world hours (if that sort of timer is possible with this client) or should it be higher?
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:26:29 PM(UTC)

**I think its a great idea really to have a learning center, but, I am concerned that by limiting or making the WC off limits to VIP members does kind of shelter the new user. How are they going to make friends? Who is going to direct them to say gay alley or to RLC Street? Seems a little forced to say "OH you have to have a WO's pass to get into the WC". Its also insinuating that VIP members are abusive towards newer people when that is not always the case. Now you can always say you have the transport to gather in but do you not realize that even there new member abuse is high also? Again, I'm not arguing the idea as it does have a lot of positives in assisting new members but it seems apparent that much like the green sex debacle of a couple of weeks ago no clear thought was given to this, especially since 99% of us are transported to the WC AFTER a patch/repair. Were any existing VIP members (longtime) asked about this type of thing or is this just another bend over and enjoy the ride type of thing?**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
Anna7
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:27:41 PM(UTC)

How will you police Sock accounts will you IP scan every new member that logs in or enters the WC and when you say not allowed you mean a program ban or verbal ban by staff present in the WC when you enter

If we talking about a Region Ban on you for doing nothing but being a long term member

"Thin edge of the wedge comes to mind"

Sorry trying not to be cynical but RLC history of discriminatory (furrys micros) rules has me asking for answers

SweetGuy
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:30:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:

**Its not a repair that I am running however! This is after ANY patch that is issued by RLC. My transport does all the motions of the patch but when I actually log into and land I arrive at the WC. I don't know if anyone is receiving the same problem when a repair is run or not just that on patch Monday through Friday it happens that I land in the WC**

Is it only the first time after a patch or multiple? Sounds like something the techs need to look into.
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:34:31 PM(UTC)

Is it only the first time after a patch or multiple? Sounds like something the techs need to look into.

**Only the first time after a patch. Once the patch is installed and on subsequent log ins, I go direct to my transport. I heard it is to actually pick up the patch you have to go to a WC first, I don't know how true that is though.**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
SweetGuy
#36 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:36:15 PM(UTC)

Medals:
...Were any existing VIP members (longtime) asked about this type of thing or is this just another bend over and enjoy the ride type of thing?**

That's actually what this thread is for.

As for the part about restrictions, it wont just be VIP members, but any members that are no longer considered new (the manner of determining this is still up for discussion as far as I know).
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
SweetGuy
#37 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:37:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:

**Only the first time after a patch. Once the patch is installed and on subsequent log ins, I go direct to my transport. I heard it is to actually pick up the patch you have to go to a WC first, I don't know how true that is though.**

I'd file a support ticket on it. It is only supposed to do that on the first install, or a repair which sets it back to default. Individual patches shouldn't do this.
1 user thanked SweetGuy for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#38 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:38:36 PM(UTC)

...Were any existing VIP members (longtime) asked about this type of thing or is this just another bend over and enjoy the ride type of thing?**

That's actually what this thread is for.

As for the part about restrictions, it wont just be VIP members, but any members that are no longer considered new (the manner of determining this is still up for discussion as far as I know).

**That is a tough call to make most definitely. Well off to bed! Night, night all you forum whores!!! HUGZZZZ!**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#39 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:41:12 PM(UTC)

I'd file a support ticket on it. It is only supposed to do that on the first install, or a repair which sets it back to default. Individual patches shouldn't do this.

**Tech support will be getting a lot of tickets on this as by reading the thread I am not the only one that this is happening to. It is most definitely on any patch that is handed down by the techs. A repair I can understand why as it clears the cache but a patch I just don't have enough technical knowledge about how UV patches do what they do (or don't in some cases). If a tech support person could give some insight as to why people default to the WC it would be a great help about this problem!**
JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
mysterylilac
#40 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:42:02 PM(UTC)

They can not police and control and who wants to be in welcome center will create a new account and will be in the welcome center.Cause I already know people who got permanent ban but still in RLC.

I can hardly understand why some people waste their time in welcome center months and years long in RLC? I never returned to welcome center again once after left it when I was a newbie.All these precautions will be for 3- 5 people who made welcome center their home in virtual world.Probably these people have some obsessions about WC and I am not a psychologist who will be able to find the reason.

For the majority of members ,I don't think there is a problem about welcome center cause whenever I have to do a repair and landed at welcome center ,I see WC is almost totally empty.
1 user thanked mysterylilac for this useful post.