Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
13 Pages«<111213
New Welcome Center Policy
_Eilistrae_
#241 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:01:47 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: LadyEilowny_MM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kiowa_Warrior Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Amaziga Go to Quoted Post
As I view things, the problem is not as much as possible lack of coverage by vols, as much as it is problem of people who keep silent when abuse is happening, only to speak up here in the forums, pointing fingers and screaming "see, I told you!"

That's because traditionally it has been frowned upon by UV for people to 'speak out' when they see abuse is happening. Too often those who stood up in defense would end up being reprimanded along with the original perpetrator, rather than UV taking the time to 'sort things out'.

That's why peeps disturbed by what they saw resorted to sounding off in the forums about it as their only recourse.

There's a very fine line between someone standing up towards someone else being abusive & becoming an abuser too.

Anytime I see anything untoward I do like people are supposed to do, SS, report & send via email to the requested person or the person I PMd regarding the matter.

No matter if you are a friend or are an unknown to me, if I see something or someone doing wrong I will report it, maybe it's because I am a Guide, or maybe it's being responsible & taking responsibility for the community to help it grow, to help those that need it & protect those that need protecting.

As to the SS with Madam Silence, I agree, she is one of the loveliest folk in ther WC, she goes out of her way to help new & old people..so I really can't understand why that happened.

Also Vols & Staff can't always be around 24/7, we have lives too.

For anyone needing to report anything when a staff or Vol is not online to report a problem go to the person's profile page, go to the bottom of the page to the report abuse link, there you can give a outline of what happened & also upload any SS that may be pertinent.

That's what she said! Cheesy

As had been said somewhere either in this thread or the other one about changes in UWC policy; I found it curious way how to show helpfulness: "If they dumb I tell them to fuck off". No wonder that reactions like that can get you in trouble Rolleyes

I think that the best way to cure abusive behaviour is not to participate in it - but reporting it to the people who can deal with that. You already have the tools. Why not to use them? Wink
Yup, Imma one of the BAMF guides. We speak in yellow, have a cool badge and are just like yo mama - always right.
Jocelyn
#242 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 1:54:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
How could "just boot out people who are not being polite" ever be a simple solution as mentioned? Who is to decide what is impolite? I've been around people who were caustic and swore every other word and were the best people at heart, and others whose speech was kind and manners, refined, and yet expressed the most vicious, inconsiderate thoughts.

I think that the fact it is SO difficult to discern impoliteness and it takes SO much effort to determine right and wrong is a good thing, and always will be. Human beings are emotional and complex, exactly the way I love it Smile If singling out "bad" people was so easy, life would be as vibrant and exciting as a game of tic tac toe Smile

When protectors and guides have difficulty identifying wrongdoing and the wrongdoer, this is an unpleasant experience, but also the essence of what makes the Utherverse and Life, worth experiencing, how can one rise above the obvious? its not possible, we can only excel when there is challenge and the decisions require quality of character and hardship...

I think many believe this also, but get distracted by frustration and anger.

Here is where I live Smile vww://utherverse.vww/@18784/@207272#enter

Fun with HAL and Claude!: The Misadventures of Jocelyn, Claude and HAL

I refer to myself as 'rotic', which is romantic without a man" - JocelynMarie
Storm_FS
#243 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:45:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
So basically, because of a group of members who have behaved like real jerks, the entire rest of the RLC Population gets to be punished and ousted from the Welcome Center. Interesting turn of events while I took a few months off. Maybe the time it takes to deal with this would be better suited simply blocking problem members as problems arise, rather than blocking the entire RLC population of users that aren't causing trouble? It's not like it takes much work to block someone from a region, much less work than dealing with volumes of emails from users requesting to be able to spend time with their Volunteer friends, or learning to see if they want to be a volunteer ...

But, there again, I could be wrong.
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#244 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:21:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Lorakahn_MM Go to Quoted Post
So basically, because of a group of members who have behaved like real jerks, the entire rest of the RLC Population gets to be punished and ousted from the Welcome Center. Interesting turn of events while I took a few months off. Maybe the time it takes to deal with this would be better suited simply blocking problem members as problems arise, rather than blocking the entire RLC population of users that aren't causing trouble? It's not like it takes much work to block someone from a region, much less work than dealing with volumes of emails from users requesting to be able to spend time with their Volunteer friends, or learning to see if they want to be a volunteer ...

If you want access you can mail : worldops@utherverse.com
They ask you to accept some special behaviour guidelines. Once they got your replay, you gain access to the welcome center agin.

It is not that complicated as it seems.

Aside of that...
The purpose of the Welcome Center is to guide and introduce our new members. It is not intended as public and permanent "party hangout" for VIP's.

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
1 user thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
MarlaMay on 12/17/2012(UTC)
ThaDogsBollocks
#245 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:33:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Lorakahn_MM Go to Quoted Post

Who's being punished exactly when everyone still has the opportunity to enter the welcome center (albeit provided they follow a simple step)?

You can still be a dick without actually violating any of the rules, and with no rule violation it isnt as simple to just block someones access. Where as making it a controlled environment where patrons have to agree to a set standard of behaviour gives utherverse grounds for blocking the access of those few who do want to be idiots.
1 user thanked ThaDogsBollocks for this useful post.
MarlaMay on 12/17/2012(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#246 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:53:57 AM(UTC)

No one is being punished.

They even let ME in! *laughing here* I'm in the Welcome Center right now Cheesy
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
Deacon_Bloodwyn
#247 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 2:19:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: CherrieBlue Go to Quoted Post
No one is being punished.

They even let ME in! *laughing here* I'm in the Welcome Center right now Cheesy

**RUN!!! RUN FAST AND QUICK!!! LIKE THE WIND!!!!**

JASE_BLOODWYN
Jase's Profile!
1 user thanked Deacon_Bloodwyn for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 12/17/2012(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#248 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 3:00:08 AM(UTC)

♥ Information Society
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
1 user thanked Pluush_Puussy for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 12/17/2012(UTC)
Ms_JJ_x
#249 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 5:38:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Don't get angry folks, fight back! Someone should build a Zaby Welcome Center clone where all the disgruntled folks could congregate and call it the Unwelcome Center. That'll show 'em!!!

I'll make an evil sockpuppet named shamtastic and just sit in there and be rude as hell to anyone coming in. Cheesy

"Welcome to Utherverse, now GET OUT!!! And no, I don't want to dance with you. Pffff..." Speak to the hand

1 user thanked Ms_JJ_x for this useful post.
Deacon_Bloodwyn on 12/17/2012(UTC)
Xaoz
#250 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 6:56:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Something is puzzling me, why is it that the Welcome Center can't be staffed during Guide meetings, after all there is group chat now so all they need to do is have the group chat on and they can still follow the meeting and be in the Welcome center too. I know it's possible since I have participated in group chats where the members are scattered all over both Utherverse and VWW's.

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
SweetGuy
#251 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:06:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Xaoz Go to Quoted Post
Something is puzzling me, why is it that the Welcome Center can't be staffed during Guide meetings, after all there is group chat now so all they need to do is have the group chat on and they can still follow the meeting and be in the Welcome center too. I know it's possible since I have participated in group chats where the members are scattered all over both Utherverse and VWW's.

The guide meetings only happen twice a month, so it's not something that happens weekly. Since the meetings are to not only inform them of anything needing addressed that hasn't already been relayed throughout the course of the month, it is also to allow them to have any questions answered they may have. It's very hard to split your attention to both a full room of members needing help and to a meeting, even more so if you try to give 100% attention to each.

While it does leave things a bit thin during those times, we'd rather them focus on the meeting with minimal distractions so they can benefit more fully and better apply it to the members.
Kris_157
#252 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:26:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SweetGuy Go to Quoted Post

The guide meetings only happen twice a month, so it's not something that happens weekly. Since the meetings are to not only inform them of anything needing addressed that hasn't already been relayed throughout the course of the month, it is also to allow them to have any questions answered they may have. It's very hard to split your attention to both a full room of members needing help and to a meeting, even more so if you try to give 100% attention to each.

While it does leave things a bit thin during those times, we'd rather them focus on the meeting with minimal distractions so they can benefit more fully and better apply it to the members.

At least it's an answer.
EDITED BY MODERATOR wrote:
Finally, thank you ALL for all of your support. I mean that. *hands the torch to Kris*

We never believed in the same endpoint, but I think our vision of the forums is similar enough.
Grey___
#253 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:46:33 AM(UTC)

been to the WC and got to say, much better atmosphere there now then before, not as busy, this a good thing
You ! can help fight childhood cancer and help cure many other diseases

The poor complain;
they always do,
But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all,
At least to all who matter

It is not about left or right, it is about right or wrong.
Xx_1_xX
#254 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:17:47 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SweetGuy Go to Quoted Post

And while those guide meetings are running, there are lots of VIP`s that are there to help out the newcomers. Even when theres no guides inworld we are some who are there to help them out and give them some guidelines ect.