Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Advent Calendar 2023
divingA_WnC
#41 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 10:12:21 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I slept late today, in an hour or so I'll be leaving the house for the first of three night shifts, hence the late opening of the door on your Advent calendar today.

Today we have something completely different, an "Auction Double Door". You can also use the same texture on a pair of props "Door" and then use the "Door Object" script to build them into functional doors. In this case, I recommend that you create the script "Cached Web Image" as script 1 and "Door Object" as script 2, but ultimately it's up to you.

Here is the texture, first as a preview image for download, below the hotlink for direct use.

Have fun, have a good time, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 12/16/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/17/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 3:47:26 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

and the advent calendar continues, here is what you can find behind the door.

Three chests, and that brings us to the prop you need, the "Chest" prop. Chest No.1 is obviously very old, the paint is peeling, the metal bands are oxidizing.

Chest no. 2 is much younger, but here too the wood is already brittle, and it too seems to have been used by many generations of Samurei as storage when traveling.

And finally the third chest, brand new, a real showpiece, richly decorated with golden fittings, it can only belong to a very wealthy samurai.

Have fun, have a good time, stay healthy, see you tomorrow, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
4 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 12/16/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/17/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/17/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#43 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2023 12:46:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Today is already the 15th of December, the next door of the advent calendar has to be opened. And behind it is ...

an old antique closet with matching fittings and hinges. Attach the prop map below to the "Black Tall Dresser" prop and it will be in your Zaby in no time.

Have fun, have a good time, stay healthy, see you tomorrow, divingA

Dernhelm on 12/17/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/17/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#44 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 8:14:26 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

yes yes, that's how it goes sometimes, admittedly it rarely happens, but today it happened, I had to add half an early shift to my night shift and then arrived home this morning after a total of 14 hours work and 16 hours absence including travel time. And no, I don't want to whine your ears off here, I just want to explain why I'm opening the Advent calendar door so late today.

Today I've brought something completely different, and once again today's gift is about light and light sources, but also about the peculiarities and customs of Japanese architecture and home decor.

When the artistry and tradition of a "shoji" is combined with the same artistry and tradition of Japanese carpentry, the result can be lamps like the four that follow. If you want to know exactly what is meant by the term "shoji", click here.

You will need the "Lounge Light" prop for the lamps I have made. As always, the following four prop maps are optimized JPG files, so they can be used immediately and without much editing in the Prop Editor.

And now I wish you all a nice weekend, stay healthy, divingA

missyfungirl on 12/16/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/17/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/17/2023(UTC)
missyfungirl
#45 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 3:27:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
THANK YOU SO MUCH DIVING HUN
AND MERRY CHRISTMAS Smile
1 user thanked missyfungirl for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/16/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2023 3:00:18 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

and once again we have an Advent Sunday, the last one, because the fourth is already what we call "Christmas Eve", in Germany the beginning of all Christmas celebrations, also the day on which traditionally in Germany the Bescherung, i.e. the giving of all your gifts, takes place.

But we're not there yet, today you have the last Sunday gift, which is a bit more unusual. Do you remember the medicine cabinets from a Japanese pharmacy that were available on the first Sunday? Today we have another one with a slightly different design, slightly different stuctured and lots of little drawers.

It also needs a "Black Tall Dresser" as a basic prop. How you set up the wardrobe and in what size is up to you. The prop map you have made can be used immediately, apart from "Unlit" no editing is necessary in the State Tab.

And with that, I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, have fun, stay healthy, divingA

MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/17/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/17/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/22/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#47 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2023 2:04:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

three prop maps are behind today's door in your advent calendar. And with an easy and small but nice trick, these three prop maps become six different Japanese wall pictures, the classic Japanese roll pictures.

Each of the prop maps can be used either on the "Japanese Wall Hanging 1" or "Japanese Wall Hanging 2" prop. Nothing needs to be done in the tate tab, except maybe check "Unlit" depending on your taste, that's up to you. All three maps are optimized PNG files in the size of 512 x 512 pixels. Here they are, as usual first the image, useful if you want to download them and uload them in your preferred picture host od the Hotlink below the image for direct use.

Have fun, have a good week, don't get stressed, divingA

2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Dernhelm on 12/22/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#48 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 4:24:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

yes, I admit it, it took me a while to find out what texture the gate in the Zen Garden was covered with. But finally I found out. I found this texture from the really great and always helpful site of "Wraith" and then made it into today's gift for you. So that the gift really fits into your Zen garden.

Two different props are needed for this, let me start with the "Primitive Cube" prop. With the help of the texture mentioned above, I transformed the cube into a plant pot with a matching color and texture. Here comes the prop map, an optimized JPG file, so there's no need to check anything in State Tab. The size? That's up to you and your taste. However, you will need the planter twice, so first make one to your liking, position it on the inside of the gate, then clone it and move the clone to the other side inside the gate.

The second prop you need is "Picket Fence". The prop map for this is a PNG file, so "Texture Translucent" must be checked here, a value of 10 should be sufficient. Mount two of these vertically on the insides of the gate (alternatively 90° or 270° in the Z axis) on the planter box to create a climbing frame for climbing roses, for example. To get higher up, you can also saddle a second "Picket Fence" upon the first on each side, provided you have scaled them to the same size as I, namely 1.0 in each axis.

And two more "Picket Fence" props are needed, this time rotated to 90° in the X and Y axes, of course still with the second prop map specified above. This is now placed on top of the vertically positioned fences ... and you have ... a rose arch for climbing roses in the aforementioned gate of the Zen garden.

The roses for this??? Hahaha, oh dear, they won't be available until tomorrow, until then it's here Rolleyes :

Lipsrsealed Lipsrsealed Lipsrsealed

Flapper Flapper Flapper

Have a good time, have fun and above all good health, divingA

divingA_WnC
#49 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 10:22:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

yesterday I gave you the required textures and propmaps to build a rose arch in the Zen Garden and promised to give you the roses today. I intend to keep my word.

But first, take a look at two screenshots of another location of mine to see how such a rose arch or the climbing roses in general can look. Of course, in this location the framework of the rose arch is made of a different material, dark wood, you've got it color-coordinated with the gate of the Zen garden.

Since all three of the following prop maps have an edge length of 1024 pixels on one if not both sides for the sake of good performance, today there are once again only the hotlinks, no pictures. Do I really have to tell you again that all three images are PNG files? Actually, you can already see that from the links. I have now said often enough what to do in the State tab. Here are the links:

The texture of the first two links is unfortunately only suitable for the prop "Sign_01". However, the texture of the last link can also be used on the "Alpha Tree 01" or "Alpha Pine Tree" props. The latter option in particular gives your climbing rose bushes a more beautiful fullness and true opulence.

If you also want to do the rest to give your rose bushes the appearance of greater realism, then add a few props "Thorny Bushes" with the following texture:

With the help of these textures, not only can your gate in the Zen Garden look like the one shown here:

No, you can of course also just take the roses and embellish the entrance to your house with them.

So much on the subject of roses and rose arches that I can end here.

Have a nice evening, stay healthy,

divingA

divingA_WnC
#50 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 4:37:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

a new day, a new door. I have already reported in detail on the subject of Japanese stone lanterns. What could I possibly have to surprise you with now?

The answer is simple, four more Japanese stone lanterns, but now on an even different prop than the ones I have published so far. They are all made of the same granite texture again, with a transparent shoji window and also with the already known Japanese symbols for the four seasons.

Actually I have 8 props, because I made these four stone lanterns with two different roofing materials each. This means that today there are the first four, the ones with the roof made of slightly weathered copper. If these lanterns now have a transparent shoji window, they must be PNG files. Do I need to say more? Certainly not, I've mentioned it here often enough.

Here they come, sorted like the others before, starting with spring, summer, fall and winter.

I wish I could see you sitting in front of your screens in amazement right now. Because you're reading and re-reading a second time and wondering: blimey, she forgot to tell us for which prop these prop maps are.

Hihihi, yes, I didn't say that on purpose. I'll leave that for you to guess. Let's have a second competition in addition to the first one in the Advent calendar. The first person to post the correct answer here in this topic will win 100 rays worth of clothing from my assortment, just like in the first game.

And now I wish you lots of fun and good luck, the deadline for answers to the competition is 22.12.2023 12:00 CET! Each user may answer as often as he wants, I will observe the topic and always give an answer promptly.

Stay safe and be well you all, have fun, divingA

divingA_WnC
#51 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 12:05:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Just a reminder!

Apart from today's competition, the competition started on page 1 of this thread is still running,

which asked for the number of items in my gift corner of my workshop. There are still three days left to submit your answers.

Due to the night shift on 24.12., this competition will only be closed and resolved on 25.12. approx. 09:00 am my time (CET).

Here are the answers already received:

Originally Posted by: Darrogant Go to Quoted Post
and my answer is... 16! Smile

Originally Posted by: missyfungirl Go to Quoted Post
I say is about 200
Merry Christmas diving hun
and Thank you huggssssss Missy

Originally Posted by: Dernhelm Go to Quoted Post
I am guessing 56.

Thank you so much for the gifts and Merry Christmas x

Only one answer per user is allowed, in contrast to today's competition, which will also end in 13 hours.

In today's competition, several answers per user are allowed, just as many answers as necessary to guess the prop in question. The user with the first correct answer is the winner!

Keep at it if you don't want to miss your chance!

Xo_Mj_oX on 12/21/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
Xo_Mj_oX
#52 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 12:27:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Happy Christmas Diving sweetie Smile

Ok my guess for the original competition is 107

The prop has me puzzled at the moment though
1 user thanked Xo_Mj_oX for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/21/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#53 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 12:31:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Xo_Mj_oX Go to Quoted Post

Hello Xo_Mj_oX,

your estimation has be registered.

On 25.12. at around 09:00 CET you will know whether you are the winner with this estimate or not.

Merry Christmas, divingA

1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
Sweetpea
#54 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 2:53:27 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: divingA_WnC Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

a new day, a new door. I have already reported in detail on the subject of Japanese stone lanterns. What could I possibly have to surprise you with now?

The answer is simple, four more Japanese stone lanterns, but now on an even different prop than the ones I have published so far. They are all made of the same granite texture again, with a transparent shoji window and also with the already known Japanese symbols for the four seasons.

Actually I have 8 props, because I made these four stone lanterns with two different roofing materials each. This means that today there are the first four, the ones with the roof made of slightly weathered copper. If these lanterns now have a transparent shoji window, they must be PNG files. Do I need to say more? Certainly not, I've mentioned it here often enough.

Here they come, sorted like the others before, starting with spring, summer, fall and winter.

I wish I could see you sitting in front of your screens in amazement right now. Because you're reading and re-reading a second time and wondering: blimey, she forgot to tell us for which prop these prop maps are.

Hihihi, yes, I didn't say that on purpose. I'll leave that for you to guess. Let's have a second competition in addition to the first one in the Advent calendar. The first person to post the correct answer here in this topic will win 100 rays worth of clothing from my assortment, just like in the first game.

And now I wish you lots of fun and good luck, the deadline for answers to the competition is 22.12.2023 12:00 CET! Each user may answer as often as he wants, I will observe the topic and always give an answer promptly.

Stay safe and be well you all, have fun, divingA

I believe it is the VV Gastown Steamclock.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
3 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/21/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/22/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#55 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 3:33:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post

Which is absolutely correct, we have a winner, competition of this day is closed.

Congratulations Sweetpea!

Sweetpea on 12/21/2023(UTC)
Sweetpea
#56 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 3:40:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: divingA_WnC Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post

Which is absolutely correct, we have a winner, competition of this day is closed.

Congratulations Sweetpea!

YAY! Thank you so much!
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/21/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#57 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 7:24:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

today we are going to start the last part of the topic Japanese stone lanterns. Like yesterday there are four "VV Gastown Steamclock" prop maps, reworked to look like Japanese stone lanterns with a golden roof and golden symbols for the four seasons.

Have a good time everyone, stay healthy, have a nice weekend, divingA

divingA_WnC
#58 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 11:52:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Today is the first of 8 working days, so I have to go to bed quite soon. In less than 12 hours I'll be on my way to the first shift of this mammoth block.

Today there are three more "Bamboo Room Devider" maps, the first one a PNG file, it is recommended to set the value for Texture Translucent to around 50.

All three files are 1024 x 1024 pixel, so again without pictures, just the hotlinks.

I wish you all a healthy and peaceful Christmas, divingA

divingA_WnC
#59 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2023 1:07:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Take care of yourselves, celebrate with your loved ones in peace and harmony.

Today is the fourth Sunday in Advent. At the same time, however, it is also what is known in Germany as Christmas Eve, the day on which presents are given.

That's why today's gift in the Advent calendar is a little more opulent.

The basis of the gift is the stone lantern that I gave you 22 days ago, in post No.28. Follow the installation instructions in this post. The size should then be 1.00 x 2.00 x 2.00.

Place it in the corner of your moat in the Zen garden, as shown in the screenshot.

Place the Prop "Lantern" in its center, Unlit checked, otherwise as it is set by default.

Then place a "Primitive Halfcylinder" with a size of 0.50 per axis on the stone lantern. Please give it the texture that now follows here, the texture of a spring stone, like the stone lantern, also made of granite. Make sure that the spring stone protrudes evenly beyond the stone lantern on all sides.

Now clone the primitive halfsphere twice, the first clone gets the size of 0.51 per axis, the second 0.52 per axis.

Both clones must be placed precisely over the Spring Stone.

Now give these two halfspheres the "Animated Texture" script and select from the Drop-Down-List the "waterfall1.spr." animation in the "Sprite" box. In the State tab, please check "Unlit" and "Texture Translucent" with the value 100. Finally, rotate one of the two clones with the animated texture by 90°, regardless of whether one sphere is at 0° and the other at 90° or 270° and which is the upper and which is the lower sphere. However, they must not both be at 0° and 180° or 90° and 270°.

Next you need two "Primitive Cylinders", one in the size of 2.83 x 1.00 x 2.83, the other in the size of 2.84 x 1.00 x 2.84[/b][/color]. Script is like the Spring Stones above, i.e. "Animated Texture" with waterfall1.spr as sprite, in the State tab also check Unlit and Texture Translucent with the value 100.

Finally, make a "Sign_01 Animated" prop and give it the size 1.0 per axis. Script must be "Animated Texture" again, this time as a sprite waterfall1 ripple.spr. In the State tab, follow the same procedure as above, i.e. Unlit and Texture Translucent with the value 100.

And there you have your fountain, which you can now place with the other stone lanterns in every corner of the Zen Garden using clones of the first fountain.

I'm off to the Christmas market at Holiday Traditions and then straight to bed, have a good day everyone,

divingA

Dernhelm on 12/24/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#60 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2023 12:21:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

the first thing I have to do here today is to announce the winner of the first competition. For comparison's sake, here are all the submitted guesses again, quoted in chronological order:

Originally Posted by: Darrogant Go to Quoted Post
and my answer is... 16! Smile

Originally Posted by: missyfungirl Go to Quoted Post
I say is about 200
Merry Christmas diving hun
and Thank you huggssssss Missy

Originally Posted by: Dernhelm Go to Quoted Post
I am guessing 56.

Thank you so much for the gifts and Merry Christmas x

Originally Posted by: Xo_Mj_oX Go to Quoted Post

And here is a screenshot showing the resolution of the prize draw.

So the winner is clear, Dernhelm, user Dernhelm was closest to the actual number of items with his guess.

My congratulations on this clear victory.

@Dernhelm: I will send you an email to your profile in the next few days, telling you clearly how you can enjoy your prize. I just ask for your understanding that it won't be today or tomorrow, the current night shifts during the holidays are very demanding.

And now for your gift for today, because today is Christmas Day.

A cushions, and that brings us to the prop you need: "Cushion"

The textures can be used immediately, in the state tab you only have to do what concerns your personal taste, such as Unlit and the like.

Have a peaceful and blessed holiday season,

divingA