Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Advent Calendar 2023
divingA_WnC
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 5:09:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

after this amount of fruit yesterday, there's something sweet in today's advent calendar. After all, the Christmas season can also be seen as a time when, unless there are good health reasons not to, you can go a little overboard when it comes to food.

What would Christmas be without gingerbread? Gingerbread (also known regionally and/or historically as honey cake, gingerbread, ginger nuts, spice cake, Printen) is a sweet, strongly flavored, long-life pastry that comes in many different shapes and varieties. In many cultures, it is an integral part of Christmas cookies; only a few varieties are offered all year round, especially at fairs and folk festivals. Bakers classify gingerbread as a long-life baked good.

Gingerbread production has a long tradition and is part of the local baking culture in many places. This is evidenced by various protected designations of origin for regional gingerbread specialties, such as Aachener Printen, Nürnberger Lebkuchen or Pulsnitzer Pfefferkuchen.

In the past, gingerbread makers often belonged to a different trade to other bakers, calling themselves Lebküchler, Pfefferküchler, Lebzelter or Lebküchner. Such terms are still used today by bakers who specialize in gingerbread and are sometimes still in official use; in the GDR, for example, the Pfefferküchler was a skilled trade. Eight years after reunification, training as a baker specializing in gingerbread was officially recognized again.

So much for the German Wikipedia article on gingerbread translated into English. If you want, you can access the German article here or the English article here. It is quite interesting to read about the long traditions and uses of gingerbread throughout its history.

And now to what I have brought for you from Lebkuchen. Once again, I recommend a Giant Plate as a base, choose a pattern from the corresponding entry above. Then place a "Snow 1" prop on it, scaled down to around 0.15 per axis. Then apply one of the two following textures, as always use the preview image for download or the link below directly as image URL.

But be careful, these are once again PNG files, which means you have to check Texture Translucent in the State tab again and enter a value of around 10 in the box behind it, depending on the background.

And now have fun, good luck in your own Christmas bakery,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
5 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
ByPerseus_Design on 11/30/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 11/30/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 11/30/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/3/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 7:13:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

now that we're on the subject of gingerbread, I'd like to share something else with you, the result of a true story that happened 3 days ago in my/our real family life.

As many of you know from other posts in the forum, I am married and have four daughters, each a pair of identical twins.
The two older ones were born in 2008, the two younger ones in 2013, so they are 15 and 10 years old respectively.

For my two younger ones, I treated them and myself to some fun and bought each of them a ready-made kit for a gingerbread house, plus a pack of "Smarties" and a bag of "Christmas gummy bears". Two days ago, the younger two had a shortened school day and I took the opportunity to start making the gingerbread houses with them. Clever mothers never leave the children unattended, otherwise the kitchen has to be completely renovated afterwards.Wink

We were almost finished with the two houses when the two older ones came home from school, both 15 years old, as mentioned above, so pubescent young froleins ;-), sometimes more, sometimes less complicated and sometimes hard to bear. Rolleyes And what happened after they both saw the finished houses of the younger ones?Confused

Heaven help me, I had to look into very long and disappointed faces, disappointment and sadness personified. Crying The younger ones had gotten gingerbread houses and the two didn't???? Shocked How dare I do that. OhMyGod The two young Froleins, usually eager to be treated like young adults and taken seriously, almost burst into tears.Scared

To cut a long story short, I took them both, quickly went to the supermarket with them and now we have four gingerbread houses here.LOL

I took a few photos of all of them and put one together for you as a result. Is there a young at heart Frolein among you who needs a gingerbread house in his Zaby? Then make yourself a "Primitive Pentagonal Prism", check Texture Translucent, because the file, which is now available for download as well as with a hotlink below, is once again a PNG file, optimised as always. And don't forget to enter a value in the box behind Texture Translucent, I have set it to 50.

And now have fun, good luck in your own Christmas bakery,

divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
ByPerseus_Design on 11/30/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 11/30/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 11/30/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/3/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC)
missyfungirl
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 8:02:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I say is about 200
Merry Christmas diving hun
and Thank you huggssssss Missy
1 user thanked missyfungirl for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 11/30/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 9:54:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: missyfungirl Go to Quoted Post
I say is about 200
Merry Christmas diving hun
and Thank you huggssssss Missy

Hello missy,

your estimate has also been registered.

Hello everyone,

just to be still clear: every user is free to try, one try per User i allowed.

I have also tried to make things a little easier for you. You have to count the prepared gifts that are inside the freely drawn red frame.

The Christmas tree on the left-hand side of the picture, together with its Christmas tree decorations and its iridescent red carpet pad, are NOT !!!! included.

The cupboard on the wall behind the tree, partially concealed by the tree, with its eye-catching and bluish oxidized fittings, on the other hand, is already part of the prepared gifts.

And now good luck to you all, here is the revised screenshot.

On December 24th, I will reveal the winner who came closest to the actual number.

The winner will be able to order 100 rays worth of clothing from my assortment for whomever they like, which will then be sent to the person named by the winner or the winner themselves in a timely manner.

Have fun, good luck with everything you do today,

divingA

1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 11/30/2023(UTC)
Dernhelm
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 10:59:44 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I am guessing 56.

Thank you so much for the gifts and Merry Christmas x
1 user thanked Dernhelm for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 11/30/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2023 1:03:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Dernhelm Go to Quoted Post
I am guessing 56.

Thank you so much for the gifts and Merry Christmas x

Hello Dernhelm,

you're welcome and your estimate has been registered.

It was and still is a constant pleasure for me to design things, whether I can use them or not. I have already explained why this is the case at the beginning of this thread, I could just repeat myself now.

And it's also always a pleasure to share beautiful things with other community members. In any case, I see more sense in it and feel more joy than constantly talking negatively about RLC in general and ominous Gold Groups and their lack of access in particular.

divingA_WnC
#27 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2023 5:40:18 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

here we are, today is the official start of the advent calendar. The time for little presents is over, now it's time to get down to preserves, as they say in Germany.

I'll say it again, although I already mentioned it at the beginning of this topic. This year's gifts are all more or less dedicated to one template, the Zen Garden. Thanks again to RLC for this really great and inspiring template.

So this year, in contrast to the contents of my previous calendars, there are fewer gifts related to Christmas, but rather things that can be used all year round.

I'm telling you this to avoid disappointed faces. If you're expecting glittery things in the style of some Blingee pictures or HoHoHo yodeling Santas, you won't be able to take anything home with you from the calendar this year. Before I started developing my items, I had a long conversation with my husband about this very point.

Can I put things in an advent calendar that have nothing to do with Christmas? My husband thought quite pragmatically and said yes. After all, in his childhood he sometimes had Lego cars in his Advent calendar or Santa's stocking that had no connection to Christmas whatsoever. As a teenager, it was no longer Lego cars, but rather small things for his model railroad or small fishing utensils.

Unfortunately, I don't have any such experiences myself, because in the economy of scarcity in which I grew up in the GDR, Advent calendars were a rarity. But now to today's present.

It's funny, I've now developed a lot of things for this template, I'm standing here in front of a pile of gifts in the corner and I really don't know where to start. I think I'll start small to give the calendar a certain boost.

One of the simplest and smallest things I have in my corner is a mirror, a wall mirror, in the traditional Far Eastern style of countries like Japan or China.

The texture is mounted on a "Sign_01" prop. The texture is a PNG file, so you have to check "Texture Translucent" in the state tab and enter a value of around 100 in the box behind it, depending on the background, more for dark backgrounds and less for light backgrounds. Here comes the texture:

Have a good time everyone, look forward to the first Advent weekend,

divingA

6 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Dernhelm on 12/1/2023(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 12/1/2023(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 12/1/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/3/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#28 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2023 9:41:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone, good morning,

The next door in the Advent calendar has to be opened. For today I've picked something different from my stash, something for outside, in the garden, Asian, or to be more precise, very Japanese in design, but it can also be used in other gardens.

Let me first say a few words about this special object, about Japanese stone lanterns. Stone lanterns have a long tradition in Japan. The oldest ones date back to the seventh century. Japanese lanterns are an indispensable element in Japanese garden design. They light the way through the garden to the temple or teahouse.

With a Japanese stone garden lantern, you can add an Asian accent to your garden. Made of natural stone, the garden lamps go very well with Asian water features and Asian sculptures and are suitable as decorative path lights and for illuminating the garden pond.

The stone lantern you get here today has been designed on the basis of the "Generic Box" prop. Made of a granite texture, with a shoji window that lets the light through and a Japanese symbol, this garden lamp is a great eye-catcher for the water ditches in your Zen garden. It makes sense to download all four propmaps today, as the different symbols on the lanterns represent the four seasons of spring, summer, fall and winter.

The Generic Box should be scaled to the dimensions 1.00 x 1.5 - 2.0 x 2.0. As always, these are optimized PNG files, so you certainly know what else to do, the value in the box for Texture Translucent should be good enough somewhere around 50. But as always, this depends on your backgrounds, whether they are light or dark. Here are the propmaps, as always first the images for download, below the hotlinks for direct use.

Have a nice weekend everyone, I'm going to bed soon to be well rested enough for the next night shift,

divingA

missyfungirl on 12/2/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/2/2023(UTC), Sweet_Simona_7 on 12/2/2023(UTC), Manequin on 12/2/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC)
Sweet_Simona_7
#29 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 12:29:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
*yeeaahhh ThumpUp , was a long time to wait but now the dayly surprises are back for the Advent time, the time we wait for Christmas.
Danke sehr, thank you very much Diving Applause !!!

Im wishing all a great time and enjoy these nice "presents" Smile

*huggssss
Simona
1 user thanked Sweet_Simona_7 for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/4/2023(UTC)
Manequin
#30 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 2:47:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Diving your Advent Calendars are brilliant!

The time and work you put into them is much appreciated Smile
1 user thanked Manequin for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/2/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#31 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2023 12:27:24 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello Mane, thank you very much for your words, it shows the appreciation that even I need from time to time, despite all the goodwill towards the community.

It's now 07:50 CET here, I've arrived home, the first of three night shifts is over and I'm now relaxing here a little with the Advent calendar for you.

As you know, today is the first Sunday in Advent, so it's okay to dig a little deeper into my pocket. Most of my items for this year's Advent calendar are suitable for everyday use and good enough to be given as gifts on ordinary Advent days. For Sundays or public holidays, however, there are items that were a little more elaborate in their design and required a little more work. I think I'm allowed to say that.

I have picked out one of these items today, a cupboard. But not just any old cupboard. In Japan, but also in the rest of South-East Asia, furniture is generally made from largely natural wood and very often fitted with elaborate furniture fittings if it is kept in the old style.

And what else is this part of Asia known for? That's right, for its diverse natural remedies. Some of it is more or less superstition and occasionally has one or two psychosomatic effects, but many natural remedies in Asia actually have a clinically and medically proven effect.

And where does all this lead us now? To an antique Asian pharmacy cabinet. What do you need for this? The prop "Black Tall Dresser", which you give a size of your choice, I have scaled it down to 0.80 per axis for the best performance.

Both files are optimized JPG files and only differ in one thing.

This file was saved using the overlay.

This file was saved without using the overlay.

Take whichever you want, or both if you like.

And now I wish you a nice Sunday, have fun, have a good time, take care of yourselves, I'm going to bed now and say: see you tomorrow, your

divingA

4 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 12/3/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/3/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#32 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2023 12:55:47 AM(UTC)

Medals:

As you rightly noticed, I'm home again. However, I should be brief today, because after I was relieved late from the early shift, which meant my shift lasted 30 minutes longer, I want to go to bed soon.

That's why I'll be brief now, what I have for you today are paving slabs for the garden, matching the first set of stone lanterns from the day before yesterday, because a) they're made of the same granite and b) they have the same Japanese symbols for the four seasons.

All four are more or less round, as round as the "Primitive Cylinder" prop allows. Because they were developed for this prop. All four are optimized JPG files, so all four can be used immediately and without much work. As always, here are the original prop maps, with the hotlink for direct use below each one.

The size you want to scale them to depends primarily on your use, but it's also a matter of your own taste.

Have a good start into a new week, stay healthy,

divingA

Sweet_Simona_7 on 12/5/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/8/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#33 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2023 12:31:58 AM(UTC)

Medals:

after I've already taken care of the Christmas market and added more clickable offers to the range of goods there, it's time for the Advent calendar, then I can finally go to bed and it's high time to do so again.

Today we're looking at lighting, or to be more precise, wall lamps. I have six different ones on offer, each with two different motifs on the lampshades.

However, I won't be giving away all 12 at once, but only six. The other six, each with a different motif, will be added to the calendar at .... at some point, but I won't say when just yet.

All 12 are made for the prop "Chinatown Street Light", all 6 are made of different materials, sometimes brushed brass, sometimes hammered sheet steel, sometimes weathered copper, choose the one you like according to your taste. Three come with tiger motif 1, three with the second tiger motif.

As these propmaps are 1024 x 1024 pixels, there are no preview images this time, just the hotlinks. Of course you can also use them for download or alternatively directly for installation.

Since they are all PNG files, you have to work in the State tab again, check Texture Translucent and enter a value of around 100 in the box behind it, depending on the background. Here are the links:

Have a good time, stay healthy, see you tomorrow,

divingA

Sweet_Simona_7 on 12/5/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/6/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/8/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2023 12:53:20 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello, good morning everyone,

Today I finally have some real time again and can take the time to entertain you while I send you a few more little presents.

But today I'd like to start with the Advent calendar again. For one simple reason, today is St. Nicholas Day in Germany. On this day, it is customary in Germany for children, but also adults who are young at heart, to clean their shoes on the evening before December 6th and put them in front of the door and then find presents inside in the morning.

December 6, the saint's memorial day, is associated with many customs. Some were originally connected with the church's pericope order. The pericope of the parable of the entrusted talents Mt 25:14-30 EU was scheduled for December 6. The well-known custom of St. Nicholas asking the children whether they had been good and pious goes back to this parable.

The custom of filling shoes on the night of December 5-6 or similar is based on the legend of the three virgins who were given presents by St. Nicholas at night. Originally, St. Nicholas Day was also the day on which Christmas presents were given. In some countries, such as the Netherlands, it still is today. It was only as a result of the Reformation's rejection of the veneration of saints that the gift-giving was moved to Christmas in many countries, as Protestant theologians saw the gift-giving of St. Nicholas as an expression of the veneration of St. Nicholas. As a result, St. Nicholas was replaced by the Christ Child as the bringer of gifts in many places. This reciprocal relationship led to the development of the American custom of Santa Claus in the 19th century, which is now the dominant, mercantile reception of St. Nicholas worldwide.

So much in a nutshell, if you want to know much more about it, take a look here Nikolaus von Myra or here Saint Nicholas.

And what have I got for you in my sack today? First of all, two bags of jelly babies for St. Nicholas, because I can't let you go without something sweet to snack on.

The prop you need for this is the "Cushion" prop, which you scale down to about 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.6. The two propmaps for this are JPG files, so you don't need to do much else. Here are the propmaps, first the pictures as usual, below the hotlinks for direct use.

But that's not all. The actual theme of this year's Advent calendar is actually the Zen garden, so somewhere along the line Japan is also the theme.

Children's festival, Japan, the combination gave me a wild thought. Wild because it doesn't necessarily do justice to adults enjoying themselves in a game that is more or less based on sex and/or pornographic content. But since I'm not the only one for whom this basis has been replaced by completely different qualities, such as good conversations with nice friends, and for many others the topic of sex has faded into the background, I developed something that can justifiably be considered childish, but could certainly also be fun for one or two adults who are young at heart.

So here are five Koinoboris. If you don't know what that might be, click on the word itself and you'll get a pretty good explanation from Wikipedia.

To install the Koinoboris, you need the prop "Flag Waving", which you can leave as is or resize to your liking. Then position the flag where you want it. Be careful, the prop flag waving is a bit stubborn when decorating.

In the State tab, the word flag is used at the top of the tab in the box called "State", write it in the box.

Since all 5 files are PNG files, you have to check Texture Translucent again and write a value of around 80 depending on your backgrounds in the box behind it.

Here are the pictures for download, below the hotlinks:

Keep having fun, don't let anyone take it away from you, stay healthy,

divingA

4 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 12/6/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/8/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#35 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 7:18:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

two days ago I already posted the Chinese Street Lamps, which I converted into wall lamps, at least the first six of them, today I want to complete the dozen and post the missing 6 counterparts. Then I can also complete this chapter in my Gift Corner.

I can save myself the installation instructions on "how to decorate" today, as I gave them in post No. 33.

Here are the hotlinks, as in Posting 33 only the hotlinks, as thumbnails would go beyond the scope of the forum due to the size of the prop maps.

Have a good time everyone, try to think Christmassy at least in your own environment and at least spread some peace and harmony during this time, then it will quickly reflect on yourselves,

divingA

3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 12/7/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/8/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#36 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2023 5:14:39 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

even on the west coast, the new day is already almost 4 hours old, so it's high time to open another door in the advent calendar.

What I have for you today is also of Japanese origin, but you can't really tell because today I've brought you plates. And plates and other tableware are rarely country-specific in terms of design. Some of the plates I have designed could easily have been produced in other countries.

The fact that the plates I have designed for you are actually of Japanese origin can only be recognized from time to time by this or that motif, such as dragons, the leaves of the gingko tree or stylized flowering cherry branches.

So let's start with the first series of 7 plates, I have designed 14 in total, you will receive the other 7 tomorrow. All 14 are designed on the basis of the "Giant Plate" prop. What size you give your plates is ultimately up to you. As a small guideline, I'll just give you the size that I used to test my plates myself, which is 0.07 x 0.04 x 0.07. However, these are actually larger plates that are more suitable as place plates or as plates, almost serving plates for serving food.

Here are the first 7, as always first a preview image, then the hotlink for direct installation. All files are PNG files optimized to 512 x 512 pixels, but you don't need to check Texture Translucent. They are only PNG files in order to deliver good visual performance. If you want, you can also convert the images to JPGs to minimize the storage capacity, but the quality of the result will be reduced.

Stay healthy, everyone, and don't let anyone annoy you,

divingA

Sweetpea on 12/8/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/10/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#37 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2023 5:14:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

let's continue with the advent calendar, part 2 of the plate series, as already announced in post no. 36.

You can also read the installation instructions in the aforementioned post, so I don't need to repeat myself.

Here come the prop maps, as always first the picture for download and below the hotlink.

And here's a little tip that may be of interest to some. For example, if you take the plate with the dragon motif and scale it down to the size 0.03 x 0.10 x 0.03, you have a Japanese rice bowl. With the size 0.01 x 0.10 x 0.01, it then becomes a sake cup with the same unchanged design. What I'm trying to say is simple:

Play with the design of your choice. Not every design is suitable for extreme differences in size between horizontal and vertical axes, but some, such as the plate with the dragon motif or the very dark blue plate with white climbing plants, to name just two, allow you to build a whole tableware set with them.

Have a great weekend you all, stay in solid health,

divingA

Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/10/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#38 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 10:49:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Today we already have the second Advent, according to the lithurgical calendar of Johann S. Bach the 26th Sunday after Trinitatis. Reason enough for me to listen to the cantata dedicated to this Sunday while I write to you. And this is exactly the music I need to slowly calm down and find my way back to a peaceful Christmas mood.

As Advent Sundays are something special, there should also be something special in the Advent calendar. Today I have two wardrobes for you again, made for the prop "Black Low Dresser". They are also in the classic Asian style, with dark burl wood and elaborately designed furniture fittings.

Here are both propmaps, both JPG files, optimized, as always first the pictures for download, then the hotlink.

Stay healthy, have a nice Sunday and remember to show your gratitude and appreciation every now and then, because there are many other donors in the forum besides me who do a lot for you,

divingA

Sweetpea on 12/10/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/17/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#39 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2023 6:18:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

hope you all have had a good start to a new week, I certainly wish you all the best.

The next door in the advent calendar has to be opened, today we have behind it:

Three room dividers, in different wood tones and covered with Far Eastern fabrics, one of which is also somewhat transparent, so it's meant for more erotic purposes.

The prop you need for this is, how could it be otherwise: "Bamboo Room Devider".

Apart from the transparent, lace-covered room divider, you can use the other two straight away. For the lace-covered one, you also need to check "Texture Translucent" in state tab and enter a value in the box behind it. Depending on the background, I recommend starting at 50 and then experimenting, ideally in intervals of 5 or even 10 until the performance is right.

Here are the maps, this time again without thumbnails, as all three files are 1024 x 1024 pixels in size, which would go beyond the scope of the forum:

Stay healthy everyone, have a good new week in peace and with lots of fun,

divingA

missyfungirl on 12/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#40 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 3:43:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Another day of Advent has dawned, for me about 11 hours ago, so I have to open the next door here too. Before I present you your gifts today, however, I would like to thank a dear friend for his support - I have him to thank for the very unusual frame for the two wall pictures. On the other hand, I would like to take a little time to explain the deep connection between these two gifts and Japanese culture.

The motif of one picture is the Tanchozuru - the Japanese crane - symbol of luck, love and longevity.

Quote:
As a symbol of loyalty, happiness, love and long life, the Japanese crane or 'tancho' inhabits the eastern regions of Japan's northern island of Hokkaido. In Japan's nature-loving Shinto religion, the crane is traditionally a sacred bird. Although the red-crowned crane is a symbol of immortality, it is endangered due to the loss of its habitat in Japanese wetlands. Tanchozuru is the second rarest crane species in the world.

These large, graceful birds represent loyalty, fidelity, luck and are said to live for 1000 years. They are lifelong companions and are known for their expressive dance rituals. There are two main populations of the Japanese crane in Japan.

The elegant, graceful Japanese crane is one of the largest birds in the world: the animals grow to about 1.6 meters tall with a wingspan of up to 2.5 meters. A tancho can weigh between 7 and 10.5 kg, but in exceptional cases it can weigh up to 15 kg. The birds can live up to 70 years in captivity or about 20 to 40 years in the wild. When Japanese cranes mate, they stay together for life. The mating of the cranes is accompanied by one of nature's most astonishing and elaborate dance and call rituals.

They have been featured on samurai coats of arms and also on the 1000 yen bill in the past, and are the official logo of Japan's national airline, JAL. The crane is a popular subject of haiku poetry and the tradition of origami or paper folding.

Here is the texture of the crane picture, which you can mount on the prop "Sign_01". It is a PNG file, so it has to be checked in the state tab "Texture Translucense", in the box behind it a value of around 100 makes sense. A reasonably sensible size for the sign prop would be 1.0 x 1,2 x 1,0 .

The image has a width of 1024 pixels, so there is also only the hotlink for direct installation for this image, or you can use the link to open the image in a new browser tab and then download it.

The motif of the other picture is the Japanese Koi Carp.

Quote:
Known least here in Germany as a holiday classic for Christmas and New Year's Eve, carp has a very special meaning in everyday Japanese life. Not only as a food fish, but as a sought-after collector's item and mythical creature that has been stimulating the imagination for quite some time. The traditional "Koi", derived from the Japanese "Nishikigoi", is now associated with colourful colours. In fact, "Nishikigoi" roughly translates to "brocade carp." Very few rice farmers in Japan could afford brocade, the silk-like, noble fabric. But for many Japanese, the koi carp was first food "magoi" – farmers kept it in the ponds around their rice fields.

It was not until the 19th century that the color mutations were discovered and the breeding of the "Nishikogoi" became more popular. In 1914, when the 27 most beautiful Japanese carp were presented at the prestigious Taisho Exhibition in Tokyo and seven koi were presented as a gift to the then Crown Prince of Japan, the fish gained the attention of the general public.

Since then, targeted breeding has become a market that has taken hold throughout Asia. Although the Second World War limited the efforts, since the end of the war the colorful koi, its keeping and breeding have enjoyed increasing popularity not only in Japan, but also in Singapore, Korea and the wider Asian region. And the koi can now also be found in European ponds – its colours, size and strength inspire people all over the world.

Through breeding, a dozen main species and hundreds of subspecies of koi are now known. The best known are probably the Kohaku, the white carp with a red pattern, the Taisho-Sanke, white with red and black spots, the Ogon in golden yellow or white, the white Tancho with a red head patch and the Asagi with a blue-green back, red belly and fin base. But even before it was bred, the koi carp fascinated Japanese farmers: A powerful fish that can overcome long distances and even height differences; a strong swimmer who takes on waterfalls and rapids. Perhaps this is how the legends were established, according to which koi carp turn into a dragon after overcoming the mythical "yellow river", the Huang Ho. Of the many carp that were traveling upstream, a small koi managed to conquer the river, according to the legend. The dragon gods were so impressed by this feat that they turned the little fish into a powerful dragon.

With its strength, its endurance and its stature of up to one meter in length, you can take this from the koi - climb the way to the legendary Dragon Gate, become an imposing dragon, a timeless symbol of determination and ambition. In fact, owning a koi carp is still a status symbol today.

And here is the texture for the koi carp image, which was also made for the prop "Sign_01" and is also a PNG file. So "Texture Translucense" must be checked in the state tab, in the box behind it a value of around 100 makes sense. A reasonably sensible size for the sign prop would be 1.00 per each axis. This image also has a width of 1024 pixels, so there is also only the hotlink for direct installation for this image, or you can use the link to open the image in a new browser tab and then download it.

Stay healthy everyone, have a good time in peace and with lots of fun,

divingA

missyfungirl on 12/16/2023(UTC)