Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Transfer from bank account to trader account?
roundnbrown
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 02, 2008 10:13:25 AM(UTC)

How do i do this??
Syivie
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 02, 2008 9:12:09 PM(UTC)

Do you have a credit card? You can use cc bill.

When you do not have a credit card, open a Alerpay account.
You can put money from your private bank-account to your Alertpay account, and deposit money into your Trader account when you click the deposit link on the Rays Market.

Note:
When you don't have a billing history (read: haven't pay for VIP using a credit card) momentarily you can not withdraw funds.
jolanta
#3 Posted : Monday, November 03, 2008 3:09:51 AM(UTC)

Sadly AlertPay isnt so much a great option if you live in europe.
To get verified, one need to transfer 1$ to the AlertPay account, but did Brian forget that
it actually cost 20$ to transfer from a normal european bank account to an international
account Sad

Then there is the epassporte which uses VISA, but here you need to transer 25$ to get
verified. Now seriously what kind of bull is that.

Never had so many difficulties to make a simple transfer. CCbill works fine to transfer to
Utherverse but the other way its almost impossible......wauw really customer friendly.

if one member did verify through the ccbill, now why verify again and again and again
through complicated and expensive methods. I'm afraid those options are more or less
ONLY for members living in USA or Canada.
london_lovely
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:08:28 AM(UTC)

AlertPay is the only viable option for me to add funds into your Trader account. I am in Europe (UK) and use AlertPay to add and withdraw funds from my RLC trader account. ePassporte is also an option, but if you don't have a North American bank account or a Visa credit card you can't sign up with them. They do not accept Switch/Maestro or Mastercard issued credit or debit cards to add funds to an account.

To add money to an AlertPay account by bank transfer costs up to £2.25 (UK) or €3 (looking at France's rates for euro costs) depending on how much you transfer in. Amounts over £50/€50 are free. US & Canadian citizens do not get charged for bank transfers in. Depositing by cheque or money order is free. If you chose to pay by bank wire then this does cost $20, and I guess this is what Jolanta is referring to. The $20 bank wire fee seems to apply for every country though, including the USA and Canada.

To send money to Utherverse from your AlertPay is free.

To withdraw money from Utherverse to AlertPay is also free, but there is a daily limit of $120.

Transfering money from your AlertPay account to your bank account or credit card does incur fees - $0.50 (US & Canada), £2.25 (UK) or €3 for each bank transfer, or $20 for a bank wire.

The full fee schedule is here:
https://www.alertpay.com/info/Fees.aspx

Transferring from AlertPay to Utherverse (& back) isn't all that fast (takes about 5 working days each way) but does work. It's easy to set up an account and convert balances from your own currency to US$ (although the conversion rates used for this aren't great). If you are outside North America you are charged fees, so it's worth transfering larger amounts in and out, rather than doing lots of small value little transfers.