Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Room mate access to Zaby's
Smoken_Hot4U
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:46:21 AM(UTC)

Medals:
How can a room mate gain access to the Zaby's apt when the owner isn't in? Is there a way to give someone a Key to your apt?
_Trixie_
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:48:41 AM(UTC)

Not at this time, no.
Smoken_Hot4U
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:56:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
will they be making key you can give to room mates or friends later?
_Trixie_
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:58:56 AM(UTC)

it's a great idea and i'm sure they're at least thinking about it, but to be honest i think they're more focused on getting the prop editing back up and running. hopefully they'll release more info today.
Murasaki
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:18:34 PM(UTC)

Thats sucks! So how can an interior designer work while the owner or the zaby isn't there? This better get sorted out if there will be interior designer career. There will be too much trouble if the designers only can work when the owner is there!
New Style is AVAILABLE now in UVD!!

I am proud of my achievements. Born as human, woman, or Asian, is not achievement.
I use my heart to find what I want, and I use my logic to find my way to get what I want.
Knowledge is when you learn something new everyday. Wisdom is when you let something go everyday. ~Emerson
Katie_Sky_GTG
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:08:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Yes, this is a very big deal. I would imagine that many many couples are getting apartments and both will need access.
_Trixie_
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:26:00 PM(UTC)

brian posted something last night that said you can put a door going from one zaby to another...so if your partner puts a door in his/her zaby and gives you access, it sounded like you can go there even if he/she is not there.
The_Black_Rieder
#8 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 9:24:51 PM(UTC)

.....but the Goto script is not there to use.

Sam
NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
mickdawg18
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:15:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
you could also go to house rules and it gives you a list... you can create a new list and have what friend, roomate, or etc go in... now of course they cant get in when your offline cause its just set that way for anyone... and of course you can do what Dj_ trixie said.. about putting a portal in
Johnboy67
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 5:09:06 AM(UTC)

bump
* chants "We want spare key, we want spare key" *
Tongue
_LytningStryk_
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 4:09:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Yes I would also like to see an allow key on here. if it has options where you can turn it on or off as the owner it shouldnt be hard for anyone and no one will loose control of there Zabys
Johnboy67
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:07:10 AM(UTC)

bump
Draco_Leathr
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:29:37 AM(UTC)

Medals:
There should be a "Co-owner" permisisions added so you can select who you want on your co owner list, then thay can go when needed and not to mention you can set a seperat set of permissions just for them that way. I know easier said than done.
_Trixie_
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:54:11 AM(UTC)

Leathrnck_TC_TSR wrote:
There should be a "Co-owner" permisisions added so you can select who you want on your co owner list, then thay can go when needed and not to mention you can set a seperat set of permissions just for them that way. I know easier said than done.

they're working on it. brian said it'll eventually be like that. in the meantime, though, i know you can put a door in your co-owner's zaby and script it so they click on it and go to your zaby when you're not home Smile
wikdwildcat_JSC
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:15:52 AM(UTC)

DJ_Trixie_ISNR wrote:

they're working on it. brian said it'll eventually be like that. in the meantime, though, i know you can put a door in your co-owner's zaby and script it so they click on it and go to your zaby when you're not home Smile

Okay...

HOW the hell do we do THAT??

There's no MoveToRegion script in the list, even when you click for 'advanced'.

No script=No portal

AND

How do you differentiate, between say, your Zaby, and your friend's Zaby, and your worst enemy's Zaby? (In other words, how do you isolate an individual's Zaby to rig the portal up from your end, to theirs... and then if they want to port to you, having them rig it up so they can?)

The most dangerous animal on earth, is an intelligent, angry woman."
Ohio_Rider
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:57:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
Okay...

No script=No portal

AND

How do you differentiate, between say, your Zaby, and your friend's Zaby, and your worst enemy's Zaby? (In other words, how do you isolate an individual's Zaby to rig the portal up from your end, to theirs... and then if they want to port to you, having them rig it up so they can?)

The way you differentiate (if you read the HowTo for making a portal) is in the parameters you enter for the script. The Dim# of the destination Zaby specifies the exact region, the X,Y, and Z coordinates specify WHERE in that region you'll warp in at, and the Yaw indicates which direction you will be facing.

Of course, that information is useless until they get the MoveToRegion script added.
wikdwildcat_JSC
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 12:48:07 PM(UTC)

Ohio_Rider_FU2 wrote:
Quote:
Okay...

No script=No portal

AND

The way you differentiate (if you read the HowTo for making a portal) is in the parameters you enter for the script. The Dim# of the destination Zaby specifies the exact region, the X,Y, and Z coordinates specify WHERE in that region you'll warp in at, and the Yaw indicates which direction you will be facing.

Of course, that information is useless until they get the MoveToRegion script added.

AHHH... GREAT...

See, that's what I wasn't getting here.

You've got people saying, "Oh hey!!!! You CAN do THIS!!!"

I go to the editor to TRY to do it... and it doesn't match up at ALL with the instructions... So lacking the proper named script, I look and figure, "Maybe they renamed it?".

And I look again and it's like, "Okayyyyy... what I'm seeing here's not gonna get this done..."

THIS was actually my first project to tackle, because my Domme and I, got apartments... she got the ritzy job and told me to grab a basic number, and then we'd rig them together... AND my task then, would be, to be her interior decorator.*lol*

SO...

IN a NUTSHELL...

NO we CANNOT add portals at this time, to link our Zaby's together, or to transport over to our favorite little spot in RLC...

This feature is NOT yet active in the production client...

The issue of warping between roomies apartments, is 'on hold', but not forgotten at this time.

Thanks Ohio_Rider... that's a help.*s*
The most dangerous animal on earth, is an intelligent, angry woman."