Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Texture Help!! I Have No Idea How To Use Them
BrightRedScream
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2008 5:21:37 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I've just found the texture option, and the people who generously allow us to use their textures if we would like to...However, I have NO idea how or where to install them? I've been trying to figure this out and I feel really silly!! It's probably a lot easier than I think...Help? Please? Embarassed
Kris_157
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2008 6:03:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
cut and paste the name to your avi section of your profile.

link

http://www.utherverse.com/net/profile/edit_avatar.aspx
EDITED BY MODERATOR wrote:
Finally, thank you ALL for all of your support. I mean that. *hands the torch to Kris*

We never believed in the same endpoint, but I think our vision of the forums is similar enough.
s0phie_Rocker
#3 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 11:36:26 PM(UTC)

BrightRedScream wrote:
I've just found the texture option, and the people who generously allow us to use their textures if we would like to...However, I have NO idea how or where to install them? I've been trying to figure this out and I feel really silly!! It's probably a lot easier than I think...Help? Please? Embarassed

It's a much more complicated thing than Kris's reply Tongue ....leave this to the women, Kris, lol.

The best way to get your feet wet with textures is finding a really good explanation somewhere, most often in a blog. _Angel_HunteR_ has a blog that explains how to "wear" special textures. In a nutshell:

1. The texture must be in YOUR program files as well as anyone's you interact with so that you and they can see them.
2. The texture needs to be loaded to the proper program file
3. The texture needs to be entered into the correct body map area as it was designed for (direct avatar editing)
4. Use the correct process for creating and saving a look/outfit

I've tried to explain exactly how to do this in one of my recent blogs. I just threw a luau at Temptations and had Hawaiian apparel Wink
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
"The Waste Land" T. S. Eliot