Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Curio/Flash - Important Information for all WEB3000/Q users/licensees
WEB3000
#1 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 10:14:45 AM(UTC)

Dear WEB3000 and Q system users and licensees,

we have got informed that the forthcoming transition from the existing Utherverse platform to the Curio platform will probably do not have any longer Flash support, or will not have Flash support from its beginning - which is or will be a decision by Utherverse.

If that would be the case, it would result into, that all your current interactive/multimedia systems and/or modules and/or flash based animations, which uses the prop editor script "Add Flash Control", which needs the Adobe Flash plug-in, will probably stop working when your old virtual estates will be taken over to an Curio Legacy platform or made in any other way available by use of the Curio Browser.

Because of this forthcoming circumstances, we stop - starting today - selling all of our current systems and products and offer our systems and products on a monthly rental basis until the current Utherverse Client software will become "deprecated" status.

These monthly rental fee's for a product/a systems will not be necessary to be paid longer than a maximum of 3 months. After 3 months the product/system is just provided as is as long the technical Utherverse environment let it stay functional.

It will be not possible to rent a system/product licensee for longer than 1 month in a row, since it is unclear how long the existing Utherverse client will stay as system-wide default and functional. This basically means, you cannot pay for additional 1 or 2 months in advance for our products except you really want to do so.

Furthermore for all new licensees that will rent our systems and products, we will erase the restriction on a "1 license per VWW basis", Follow-Up licenses for additional VWW's will be lowered to a one time fee of 50 rays.

For all existing licensees (mostly for Radios and All In One Multimedia Systems), who bought our systems and products in the past, we will also erase the restriction on a "1 license per VWW basis", Follow-Up licenses for additional VWW's will be lowered to a one time fee of 40 rays.

When the transition from the existing Utherverse platform to the new Curio platform has taken place (somewhere in future, probably in 2014), we will furthermore offer the possibility to license holders and license renters to transform their licensed products and systems, no matter how old the initiate product license is, to a Windows Desktop software application, so that they will be able to use their Radio, All In One system on their Windows desktop, independently from their virtual world client software usage.

This option will be available for a small one time fee to cover the code-signing certificate and system compiling.

Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP
Windows Vista,
Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 8.1

The following products and systems will be available to be transformed into an independent Windows Software Application which will be code-signed and certificated:

All WEB3000 Radios (incl. Bunny Radio, Red Berry 3000, Christmas Radio, MKII Turntable Radio)
All Q Systems
All DJ Stream Player Systems

By assumption, if Curio might offer somewhere in future any Flash Support that could be make available for example by Awesomium
(http://labs.awesomium.com/unity3d-integration-tutorial-part-1/),
we sure would be able to provide the option to transform most of the existing licensed Web3000 and Q products to useable web modules.

But at current time we have no official Curio documentation and we are not aware of any API's that might be given and/or provided.

Because of thi, we cannot foresee, if there will be specific programming of our products for the Curio (Unity) platform by now or soon.

We also will offer to all licensees that do have licensed animations, CRM systems, text scrolling systems, or similar systems from us - systems that are not mentioned above -, to convert their license at least into one of the above mentioned products, until products and systems can be taken in a functional way to the Curio platform.

It is with very deep regret that the support for Flash products, especially since it provides platform-independently the usage of multimedia products to Windows, Mac and Linux Users without the need to program certain specific OS oriented products, will be probably taken away.

On a side note: all our systems are database and XML driven, therefore we might be able to provide at a later date XML-API documentations to 3rd party unity-script product providers and/or developers and/or HTML5 based web view system providers and/or developers and/or provide ourselves current systems by using HTML5 or UnityScript solutions.

Once the platform transition from Utherverse to Curio will take place, which at current time we DO NOT KNOW when this will be, and in case the amount of requests to take your current Audio/Video systems to the Windows Desktop Software platform are overwhelming, we ask you to please be patient with us, since each individual system will get individually compiled to guarantee your personal and individual WEB3000/Q product/system setup.

For questions and inquiries about the stated information you can contact the user WEB3000 via Email through the Social Center.

Once we have information when the transition from Utherverse to a public Curio Beta Release will take place, we will take requests to transform your WEB3000/Q systems to the Windows Desktop platform. By that we think we have a very good (hopefully temporary) solution for those that have and keep their trust in our services and products.

We apologize for any inconvenience the future transition will or might cause and ask for your patience. The non-existing support of Flash based services and products for the forthcoming Curio platform, at the beginning or permanent, is unfortunately beyond our control. In today's hardware and software business we face changing environments every now and then and to get things back working is just a matter of having the right "roadmap".

Disclaimer: This release contains forward-looking statements, which address a variety of subjects including expectations. All statements other than statements of historical fact, including without limitation, those with respect to plans, expectations and strategies set forth herein are forward-looking statements. Several factors and uncertainties, among others, could cause actual results to differ from those described in the above forward-looking statements.
We do not undertake any obligation to update forward-looking statements made by us.

8 users thanked WEB3000 for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 12/20/2013(UTC), EleanorSCT on 12/20/2013(UTC), lottapussygalore on 12/20/2013(UTC), EniaX on 12/20/2013(UTC), amandalynRose_SC on 12/20/2013(UTC), Troublemacker on 12/20/2013(UTC), Michele_Diamond on 12/25/2013(UTC), CassieYummy_RHL on 5/4/2014(UTC)
WildPlay_WPT
#2 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 10:29:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It is my understanding.. your old properties will not change. If you have flash on your scripts, it will stay there. When you move from legacy side to curio side, then you will not have flash. Even you AVI will be different as you move to and from the "legacy" side to the "curio" side. Your properties will remain just as they are now.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president and to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public."
- Teddy Roosevelt, in 1918 during the First World War.
PixelJim
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 11:21:56 AM(UTC)

we'll need an official ruling on this, but i believe if the client isn't supporting, it, it wouldn't matter what side it's on.
I dress like a woman because I like to stare at a woman’s ass for hours when I’m on here.
Why do you stare at a man’s cartoon ass when you claim to be straight and have a choice?
lottapussygalore
#4 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 11:39:50 AM(UTC)

yes thats a question for Aron for sure ,,lolol
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Czarcasm
#5 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 11:44:39 AM(UTC)

As far as i remember from the town hall meeting, one of the devs stated that flash will not be supported.
So even if you have properties using the "add flash", when they are transfered over any flash will stop working.

They did say however, that there will be some "cool" plugins for audio and video.

Signature Rotation Powered By rotasig
Want a cool forum sig? Contact me for details.
1 user thanked Czarcasm for this useful post.
lottapussygalore on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Anna7
#6 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:34:11 PM(UTC)

will users be compensated for all the time and effort of their builds which will be wasted ?

no

Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

WildPlay_WPT
#7 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:41:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I really think we need to wait on official word on this.. because they said over and over again, our current properties will work the way they do.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president and to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public."
1 user thanked WildPlay_WPT for this useful post.
lottapussygalore on 12/20/2013(UTC)
Czarcasm
#8 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:43:53 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post
will users be compensated for all the time and effort of their builds which will be wasted ?

no

I'm sure microsoft gave every user of windows 95 some of its stock when they stopped support for it.

Everything has a lifespan. Get used to it.

Lucky_Strke
#9 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:45:56 PM(UTC)

way I understand this is right now everything that is uv side will work on the uv side of curio. Now as for the new improved things on curio side where can do and see better looking things understand flash will not be part of it.

vww://utherverse.vww/@86540/@558478
Czarcasm
#10 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 1:46:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _WildPlay_WPT Go to Quoted Post
I really think we need to wait on official word on this.. because they said over and over again, our current properties will work the way they do.

Watch the video from the town hall. Its stated that flash will not be supported. You cant get any clearer than that.

2 users thanked Czarcasm for this useful post.
Candy4love_C2 on 12/24/2013(UTC), EleanorSCT on 12/28/2013(UTC)
WildPlay_WPT
#11 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:16:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Czarcasm Go to Quoted Post

Watch the video from the town hall. Its stated that flash will not be supported. You cant get any clearer than that.

Listen to the full video, he was referring to the curio side. Again, they said over and over that your properties will work as they always have. All I'm saying is, don't panic yet, at least until we have clarification.. then we may need to panic Brick wall
amandalynRose_SC
#12 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:22:16 PM(UTC)

That seems pretty clear to me Sad

So...to sum it up, here is what my properties will lose if flash isn't supported:

1. No TV
2. No Radio players
3. Custom aquariums/fish - gone.
4. No more Widgets/Contact Us forms/Guest Books/Revolving Signs/Dance Floors, etc.
5. No audio background (i.e. rain sounds on a flash prop)
6. No animated fireplace on flash prop
7. Ditto any textures on flash.

I am sure there is more, but that's just off the top of my head. Boy, my properties just lost a lot of their appeal. Not to mention the real money I spent making them special.

I sure hope this news is wrong. Or there is some alternative to restore these things.

~rose

2 users thanked amandalynRose_SC for this useful post.
DJ_Deverial_SC on 12/20/2013(UTC), Candy4love_C2 on 12/24/2013(UTC)
Viegoth
#13 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:23:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Listen to the full video, he was referring to the curio side. Again, they said over and over that your properties will work as they always have. All I'm saying is, don't panic yet, at least until we have clarification.. then we may need to panic Brick wall

If Flash was going to work in the Legacy side, it would work in the Curio side as well. They are the same program. It's not like it's a choice to allow it for one and not the other. They just don't want to program Flash into the Curio client due to compatibility issues with other platforms. Simply put, Flash won't be available in the Curio client, regardless of what properties or 'side' you are visiting. The client just won't have support for it.

Also keep in mind that Aaron said it won't be available now. That's not to say that it won't be available ever.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
3 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
lottapussygalore on 12/20/2013(UTC), Candy4love_C2 on 12/24/2013(UTC), EleanorSCT on 12/28/2013(UTC)
WildPlay_WPT
#14 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 3:04:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Viegoth Go to Quoted Post

If Flash was going to work in the Legacy side, it would work in the Curio side as well. They are the same program. It's not like it's a choice to allow it for one and not the other. They just don't want to program Flash into the Curio client due to compatibility issues with other platforms. Simply put, Flash won't be available in the Curio client, regardless of what properties or 'side' you are visiting. The client just won't have support for it.

Also keep in mind that Aaron said it won't be available now. That's not to say that it won't be available ever.

No one said flash won't work in Curio, they said they will not enable flash so that utherverse will be cross platform friendly. I may be wrong.. won't be the first time, won't be the last. I also might be right.
SamWise_Draugr
#15 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:31:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Good evening everyone,

Regarding Naken's Widgets, we are aware of the potential Flash removal in Curio. Naken is a professional programmer skilled in many languages. Since scripting is said to be available, any functionality which may be replicated will be replicated at no additional charge. Please watch Naken's profile for updates as more information becomes available.

Happy Holidays!

Sam
1 user thanked SamWise_Draugr for this useful post.
Naken_Draugr on 12/21/2013(UTC)
Manequin
#16 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 6:37:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I love my radio's in all my properties...devastated that they won't work once in Curio Angry
PixelJim
#17 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 7:05:58 PM(UTC)

I'm already dinking with a media player in html5, but i'm far from a code monkey. hope it works!
I dress like a woman because I like to stare at a woman’s ass for hours when I’m on here.
Why do you stare at a man’s cartoon ass when you claim to be straight and have a choice?
1 user thanked PixelJim for this useful post.
lottapussygalore on 12/22/2013(UTC)
DJ_Hyporis_EXC
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:43:02 AM(UTC)

Well the laser enviroment in my club will be affected as well.
But here some facts :

With opening the sandbox, it does not mean that UV / RLC server will close on 2. january.
So your panic is groundless Wink

UV will be available for quite some time and the people will use it until curio becomes actually "usefull".
This process will take several months, if not a full year do provide the current clients funcionality.

Until the basics, scripts, deco, clothing and so on have been developed and integrated by the community, curio won't be used as "replacement"
And until then, it's just a playground for the developing community and have almost no practical use for "customers" aside of looking pretty.

Im sure there will be something better than flash, or they find a way to get it integrated - who knows.
Just have the faith and patience Wink

Listen to my DJ sets on SOUNDCLOUD
2 users thanked DJ_Hyporis_EXC for this useful post.
Charli_ on 12/21/2013(UTC), Naken_Draugr on 12/21/2013(UTC)
WildPlay_WPT
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:06:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I just listened to the Video of the town hall, and the talk about flash did in fact sound ominous. Yet, they still reasserted that our old properties will still work as they have. I do see the point though, if they do not have flash enabled in Curio, then I don't see how you can have in one place and not another. Unless, flash is turned off in unity only.. then maybe. In other words, I think we still need a definitive answer. I know that in order to prevent texture thefts, some decorators have resorted to making zabies in ALL flash, so URL to image is not obtainable. So this could be a big ouch, and a huge sacrifice in the name of progress, but, may be a necessary one.
Naken_Draugr
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:03:14 PM(UTC)

I agree with DJ_Hyporis_EXC. The current beta, from the reviews on the forum, is no where near ready -- where's the scripting, for example (no one I've seen has mentioned it). Also, there is a web plugin that runs as a texture for Unity 3D, though that will not work on a web-compiled version (and compiling for desktop vs web in Unity is rather easy). Such a plugin may facilitate Flash to continue working, but most likely with a less-optimal FPS factor.

Until Curio is ready for primetime testing, I'm not stressing on it at all as I'm sure that once it enters into more than invite-only testing and includes most of the initial features, that testing will expose many things which need to be adjusted (this is not a slight at UV as for any large project this statement is generally true).