Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123>
Confused ... How many Utherverse Awards are there ?
Pluush_Puussy
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:02:44 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MidnightFairy Go to Quoted Post
Personally I don't follow the awards thing ... if I come across something about it, I might read it but I certaintly don't take the whole thing seriously.
Like other people have said it is just for fun but then it's always pretty strange how seriously some people take the competition to become the best *****

Originally Posted by: _Cara_ Go to Quoted Post
We could have awards given out every month of the yr if someone else wanted to hold them with their own categories and rules.

Like most have said they are purely for fun, nothing to be taken seriously and hold no "official" capacity in UV.

Anyone here can hold "Utherverse Awards" with simply a profile and a graphics program to do the "awards poster".

See you say that now but I can just imagine the drama that would start with people referring to others as "copy cats" etc.
Though you're right, other people can just make up their own awards but I'm sure it'd cause more grief than it's worth! As some other members do actually take the competition seriously.

We need 'whiniest bitch award' and such, too. Maybe we should make them here, all of us, together, in the forums, and pass them out on their comments. I'll post them for us! Grin
24-Hours Merengue, Reggaetón, and Latin Pop
Karol G, Plan B, Natti Natasha, Daddy Yankee, Wisin Y Yandel

http://stream.zeno.fm/rce1tqt68f8uv
http://stream.zeno.fm/uz78uguksp8uv
With no commercials, no fee, no sign-up, and no rules!
3 users thanked Pluush_Puussy for this useful post.
Jieling on 4/4/2012(UTC), MidnightFairy on 4/4/2012(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Enigmaofhate
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:07:09 PM(UTC)

Who needs an award to validate their existence or who and what they are or what they do especially on a virtual world? A real head scratcher there. Anxious Think
2 users thanked Enigmaofhate for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 4/4/2012(UTC), Michele_Diamond on 4/7/2012(UTC)
LittleJenn
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:41:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
They should call them what they are: "Award for the person that spammed the most to get votes for (enter category here)"
2 users thanked LittleJenn for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 4/5/2012(UTC), Michele_Diamond on 4/7/2012(UTC)
Pluush_Puussy
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 1:48:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Loveheart_WGAF Go to Quoted Post
Who needs an award to validate their existence or who and what they are or what they do especially on a virtual world? A real head scratcher there. Anxious Think

I never asked for one in any way but I took every one I was given Cheesy

1 user thanked Pluush_Puussy for this useful post.
SaphyreRose on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Jieling
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 2:06:44 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: CherrieBlue Go to Quoted Post
Personally I don't follow the awards thing ... if I come across something about it, I might read it but I certaintly don't take the whole thing seriously.
Like other people have said it is just for fun but then it's always pretty strange how seriously some people take the competition to become the best *****

Originally Posted by: _Cara_ Go to Quoted Post
We could have awards given out every month of the yr if someone else wanted to hold them with their own categories and rules.

Like most have said they are purely for fun, nothing to be taken seriously and hold no "official" capacity in UV.

Anyone here can hold "Utherverse Awards" with simply a profile and a graphics program to do the "awards poster".

See you say that now but I can just imagine the drama that would start with people referring to others as "copy cats" etc.
Though you're right, other people can just make up their own awards but I'm sure it'd cause more grief than it's worth! As some other members do actually take the competition seriously.

We need 'whiniest bitch award' and such, too. Maybe we should make them here, all of us, together, in the forums, and pass them out on their comments. I'll post them for us! Grin

Forum Awards would be fun ... Wink

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

2 users thanked Jieling for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 4/4/2012(UTC), SaphyreRose on 4/4/2012(UTC)
MidnightFairy
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 2:10:26 PM(UTC)

Tongue now that award will have some serious competition Whistle
Originally Posted by: RedBaby_ Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me...

That you get back from this forum (and from most forms of communication) exactly what you put it into it...
...In other words if you TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for how you post and present yourself in a way that respects others, then you will get that back, respect from others.

4 users thanked MidnightFairy for this useful post.
robin_MLs_pet on 4/4/2012(UTC), Pluush_Puussy on 4/4/2012(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 4/5/2012(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 4/6/2012(UTC)
Jieling
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 2:12:47 PM(UTC)

Most Useful Thread Of The Year

Troll Of The Year

Funniest Thread Of The Year

Best Signature

Worst Thread Of The Year

Drama Of The Year

.... etc. etc.

LOL LOL Wink

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

3 users thanked Jieling for this useful post.
robin_MLs_pet on 4/4/2012(UTC), Deacon_Bloodwyn on 4/4/2012(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 4/5/2012(UTC)
MarcusK
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:43:18 PM(UTC)

The awards are fun. I take pride in the award that Cowboys got - Friendliest Country Club. Stop in and see why. The way I think of it is, someone felt you should be nominated (unless you nominated yourself, which I did not). Enough people agreed that you should get an award to make it worthwhile for one to be had.

I think they are fun and I see no problem with the amount of awards.
1 user thanked MarcusK for this useful post.
Laura_uk on 4/6/2012(UTC)
Goddess_Sent
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:26:49 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jieling Go to Quoted Post

Troll Of The Year

Best Signature

Worst Thread Of The Year

Drama Of The Year

.... etc. etc.

LOL LOL Wink

Mine!
a question is a question is a question and nothing else
Don't confuse giving useful suggestions as bitching! This is the general discussion and suggestion section; it's not the "agree with everything that's currently going on" section!
1 user thanked Goddess_Sent for this useful post.
mysterylilac on 4/4/2012(UTC)
Candy4love_C2
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:59:30 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Someone should give Kthy an award for all the hard work she puts into this. If it made someone happy it was all worth it Smile

1 user thanked Candy4love_C2 for this useful post.
Laura_uk on 4/6/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:51:06 PM(UTC)

yep that what the forum needs more drama

Bet that gets me a nomination

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Photobucket can go and get F#$%#D i dont deal with extortionists

1 user thanked Anna7 for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 4/5/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:52:10 PM(UTC)

Hi Kathy lol

it was a joke ok you didnt print too many certificates

Sheeeesh

Pluush_Puussy
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:15:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post

Grin Grin Grin Grin

No one wants your tiara. Tongue

2 users thanked Pluush_Puussy for this useful post.
MidnightFairy on 4/5/2012(UTC), Enigmaofhate on 4/5/2012(UTC)
Solaris_SakraPes
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:57:19 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Goddess_Sent Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jieling Go to Quoted Post

Troll Of The Year

Best Signature

Worst Thread Of The Year

Drama Of The Year

.... etc. etc.

LOL LOL Wink

Mine!

Nope - most of them, as such Troll of the Year, Drama of the Year, Worts Thread of the Year, Funniest thread of the Year etc. would fall to Dawn/Cher/whatever Tongue
Slap_Chop_MAJ
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:38:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Jessi_ Go to Quoted Post
Well, when i read my first post, i dont see that i speak against Kathy or the winner of the awards. As well that wasnt my intention.
I know that Kathy spend many hours in that, and i personal appreciate that, as its a good thing to have a yearly award.
In the last weeks i spoke with Kathy a few times and she is really nice, so no intention to talk her bad here.
But i think, that creating random subcategories takes away the importance of the award, there are just to many.
If you want to give more awards out than one per category, maybe a bronce and silver award, that would make three awards per category.
Everybody knows that a big part of the regular forum users are just here to post personal attacks and start "forum wars" but this here is only constructive critic.

Thats your problem, right there.. You are attributing a level of importance to the awards that just isnt there. The awards are purely for fun.. nothing more, nothing less.

So with that in mind, why not have a bunch of awards.. that just means more people will smile.and so what.. once a year we have to put up with a bunch of bulletins and messages asking "will you vote for me?". then its over, and you see people proudly displaying their award on their profile.

1 user thanked Slap_Chop_MAJ for this useful post.
Enigmaofhate on 4/7/2012(UTC)
MidnightFairy
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:22:52 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Slap_Chop_ Go to Quoted Post
Well, when i read my first post, i dont see that i speak against Kathy or the winner of the awards. As well that wasnt my intention.
I know that Kathy spend many hours in that, and i personal appreciate that, as its a good thing to have a yearly award.
In the last weeks i spoke with Kathy a few times and she is really nice, so no intention to talk her bad here.
But i think, that creating random subcategories takes away the importance of the award, there are just to many.
If you want to give more awards out than one per category, maybe a bronce and silver award, that would make three awards per category.
Everybody knows that a big part of the regular forum users are just here to post personal attacks and start "forum wars" but this here is only constructive critic.

Thats your problem, right there.. You are attributing a level of importance to the awards that just isnt there. The awards are purely for fun.. nothing more, nothing less.

So with that in mind, why not have a bunch of awards.. that just means more people will smile.and so what.. once a year we have to put up with a bunch of bulletins and messages asking "will you vote for me?". then its over, and you see people proudly displaying their award on their profile.

Originally Posted by: MarcusK Go to Quoted Post
The awards are fun. I take pride in the award that Cowboys got - Friendliest Country Club. Stop in and see why. The way I think of it is, someone felt you should be nominated (unless you nominated yourself, which I did not). Enough people agreed that you should get an award to make it worthwhile for one to be had.

Actually I don't think that’s a problem that Jessi has pointed out ... I think she's making a good point as Marcus says there’s some pride in the award that they achieved and I know a lot of other people have had similar things; however the awards are done by the plenty so that basically nearly everyone can win ... I don't see where the fun is in winning an award that's been set out just for you to win. I feel there are so many awards and this lowers the possibility of their being any competition at all, which takes away the aspect of them being there for fun.

For example I'm pretty sure if they did some forum awards and one of the awards goes to the:
"Friendlist Fairy in the Forums"
Then by default it looks pretty good that it'll go to me just because I have the word Fairy in my name. However if there was an award for:
"Friendlist Poster in the Forums"
Then there is a lot of competition in that which makes it all that bit more fun Cheesy

Originally Posted by: RedBaby_ Go to Quoted Post
It seems to me...

That you get back from this forum (and from most forms of communication) exactly what you put it into it...
...In other words if you TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for how you post and present yourself in a way that respects others, then you will get that back, respect from others.

1 user thanked MidnightFairy for this useful post.
Goddess_Sent on 4/5/2012(UTC)
Anna7
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:35:28 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Anna7 Go to Quoted Post

Grin Grin Grin Grin

No one wants your tiara. Tongue

Tiaras are for inbred Royals and blue bloods i come from Irish peasant stock

Todd73NJ
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:53:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Slap_Chop_ Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: MarcusK Go to Quoted Post

Actually I don't think that’s a problem that Jessi has pointed out ... I think she's making a good point as Marcus says there’s some pride in the award that they achieved and I know a lot of other people have had similar things; however the awards are done by the plenty so that basically nearly everyone can win ... I don't see where the fun is in winning an award that's been set out just for you to win. I feel there are so many awards and this lowers the possibility of their being any competition at all, which takes away the aspect of them being there for fun.

For example I'm pretty sure if they did some forum awards and one of the awards goes to the:
"Friendlist Fairy in the Forums"
Then by default it looks pretty good that it'll go to me just because I have the word Fairy in my name. However if there was an award for:
"Friendlist Poster in the Forums"
Then there is a lot of competition in that which makes it all that bit more fun Cheesy

I think thats very well said. And exactly the point Jessi was making. Yes they are in fun. But it does also seem to me that the people that get them take pride in them and in some cases take them very seriously. Now when people advertise their clubs/services etc, they make sure to add their recognition to their postings. If it didnt mean something to them - and was soley fun - it would just be a poster on the wall of profile somewhere.

Not taking anything away from you Marcus, bec maybe your club would have won the award anyway, but Friendliest Club would have been fine. Not sure a genre of music would effect overall friendliness. Just like not sure how being a fairy would effect forum friendliness.

And as said above.. where is the fun in winning an award that was set out for one person? I would have voted for my favorite club in the friendliness category - but didnt even know the category existed Smile

Oh well.. it is what it is.
2 users thanked Todd73NJ for this useful post.
Goddess_Sent on 4/5/2012(UTC), MidnightFairy on 4/5/2012(UTC)
_Jessi_
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:40:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hmmm, you are probably right. I took the awards to serious as i thought they would be more meanfull.
Anyway, congratulations to all 200 to 500 winners Grin

But one thing is for sure, if there would be an award for writing normal and dramafree in the forum,
you would all get a price Smile it actually makes fun reading your opinions, without ignoring bitchy comments.

Maybe once we will get a serious yearly award in world ( and one for the forum lol )
Sigmilla
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:45:24 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I dont see anyone else stepping up to the plate and volunteering to do these awards. Kathy does an awesome job and not only does she distribute these awards, she also has to take the time to cound each and every vote.

so those that are bitching.....give it a rest already.
Boredom, fights, backstabbing, jealousy, cheatin, breakups, family feuds & new relationships. Not a soap or reality show.. just a normal week in RLC/Utherverse. lol
4 users thanked Sigmilla for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 4/5/2012(UTC), Tyrael_ on 4/5/2012(UTC), Todd73NJ on 4/5/2012(UTC), Laura_uk on 4/6/2012(UTC)