Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How do I rate another user's content directly?
LizViciousDotCom
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:00:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The rate function is being worked on and it has been disabled. How do I rate the content on another user's profile directly?
Cindy_G
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:41:00 PM(UTC)

u go to random people profile and rate their profile with the pull down menus for rating this page, then u rate their blogs if they have any
then u rate their pics.
CindyG
http://www.utherverse.com/Cindy_G

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm ALbright
Sedna__
#3 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 6:45:46 PM(UTC)

Yes right now you can rate pics and blogs through profiles...and when you click on a pic or blog entry you have to rate it as a page on the scale in the pull down menu
Cindy_G
#4 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 9:24:14 PM(UTC)

I'm beginning to wonder if they are really working on this function or are taking it
down so that people can't earn enough rays to pay for their vip memberships.
Over the last few weeks even when it was working i have noticed that im not getting
credit for everything that i rate even after waiting over the 24 hour period. I think i have
only received credit for posting a blog once in the last 1 to 2 weeks and i seem to only
get credit for rating about 10 profiles a day instead of the 20 u are suppose to get credit
for. Unless they have lowered the numbers allowed. Also today i only got credit for rating
2 blogs instead of the 4 i did
CindyG

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm ALbright
Kris_157
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:15:08 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Now Cindy I doubt its anything as sinister as all of that, I'm sure it is all a simple mistake made when they took the whole of the Utherverse off line to "fix" some issues that they were having. Oh and when I was rating pics a few days ago (when the rate option did work) I kept getting the same image over and over again, usually 3~4 times in a row. I found that if I kept rating for a full 60 pictures, or 240 rates, that I got my 3 rays. I still haven't learned the trick to get more than 10 profiles to earn credit.
EDITED BY MODERATOR wrote:
Finally, thank you ALL for all of your support. I mean that. *hands the torch to Kris*

We never believed in the same endpoint, but I think our vision of the forums is similar enough.
Sedna_SD1
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:36:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Now I checked and I get the rays I should...no problems...so I do hope it was only a mistake Pray
"Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you." - Rumi

Lena_
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:34:55 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Just a little further in what Cindy said
I am surprised they even have such a rating system in order to buy VIP
so many does it this way and does it not take a lot of funds away from RLC
I know they have ads and sponsors etc.
but its like giving away VIP
Cindy brings up a good point Smile

"You cannot dream yourself into a character;
you must hammer and forge yourself one."
RopeTrick
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:29:44 AM(UTC)

cindyG wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if they are really working on this function or are taking it
down so that people can't earn enough rays to pay for their vip memberships.
Over the last few weeks even when it was working i have noticed that im not getting
credit for everything that i rate even after waiting over the 24 hour period. I think i have
only received credit for posting a blog once in the last 1 to 2 weeks and i seem to only
get credit for rating about 10 profiles a day instead of the 20 u are suppose to get credit
for. Unless they have lowered the numbers allowed. Also today i only got credit for rating
2 blogs instead of the 4 i did

To clarify some changes I've noticed and verified with others and some cross checking. This is in addition to the rating system being gutted while it "worked on" and forcing one to go to profiles manually and rating, which takes much longer (and means you fon't find near as many interesting people.)

You used to get credit for up to 100 different views of your profile a day, now it is only 20 views. (loss of upt to 4 Rays a day.)

You used to get credit for up to 50 different times your blog was rated a day, not it is 10 times. (loss of up to 2 Rays a day.)

You used to be able to rate 20 profiles a day, this has been lowered to 10. (loss of up to 1 Ray per day.)

You no longer seem to get the 1 Ray a day for writing a blog. (loss of 1 Ray per day.)

This is a potential loss of 8 Rays per day. None of these changes have been announced. It used to be a person could make 602 Rays a month if they busted their ass at it, never missed a day and the system never went down all month. This has been lowered by 240 Rays a month. It would appear to be a deliberate change to the way Rays are obtained, possibly in an attempt to drive up their value, to lessen the number of people using them to pay for VIP or to be the first step in RLC proper getting into the Ray Market as a direct seller.

Since no one on the Utherverse staff has said anything other than the cheesey announcement when you try to use the rating system, we are left to speculate as to the intentions.
Cindy_G
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:36:48 AM(UTC)

check here

http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=26017
CindyG

Herm ALbright
Kris_157
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 11:19:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Just as a follow up, I noticed I got credit for 4 blog ratings and posting a blog today. :d
EDITED BY MODERATOR wrote:
Finally, thank you ALL for all of your support. I mean that. *hands the torch to Kris*

We never believed in the same endpoint, but I think our vision of the forums is similar enough.
Rock_Star_Devil
#11 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 5:42:30 AM(UTC)

You used to be able to get credit for 40 pix, now you get credit for only 25.