Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123>
Holiday Traditions 2023
divingA_WnC
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 3:26:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello Sweetpea,

ya, I just received a response from Anhton on my mail. So everything should soon be fixed. As I hoped it was all a matter of work and RL, for which everyone should have some understanding.

As for the gifts in the Market, this is what I planned by creating the first market stall ever :-) I just didn't tell everyone :-)

See you all soon again in Holiday Traditions, be safe and well you all, divi

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 12/7/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/7/2023(UTC)
missyfungirl
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 6:44:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Ok Diving hun I won't tell anybody you did an Amazing
job thank you so much
big huggssssssss Missy
1 user thanked missyfungirl for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/8/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#23 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2023 5:47:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Today I would like to get a little more personal, and a little more detailed. Because what I want to give you today comes in three parts, which I can hardly make clickable on the respective Christmas market stand. However, the whole ensemble can be clicked on the stand in question. If you click on it, you will get a recipe on how to prepare this dish yourself at home.

And now let me get personal and talk about "candied apples", without which no Christmas market in Germany would be complete without. In a nutshell: I love them and for me, enjoying at least one of these apples is as essential as a cup (boot) of mulled wine when I visit a Christmas market.

In general, you should know the following:

Candying (also known as confit) is a method of preserving fresh, edible plant parts (usually fruit) in which the sugar content of the fruit is increased to at least 70 percent and the water content is reduced.

By pouring a boiled lukewarm sugar solution of initially 500 grams per liter of water over the fruit, the fruit is sweetened considerably and the water is removed by osmotic processes. After a day, the solution is boiled again with additional sugar and poured lukewarm over the drained fruit. This is repeated several times so that a sugar crust forms. The fruit is then allowed to dry thoroughly and the candied fruit is stored with a sugar coating.

To make it easier to remove the water, prick the fruit several times with a needle or cut into slices.

Cherries, pineapples, plums, strawberries, tangerines, kumquats, slices of lemons, oranges and kiwis, chili peppers, cedrat and pomelo peel, pieces of melon, pears, pumpkin, papaya, coconut slices, but also lotus seeds or roots, ginger, angelica (angelica root) or violets and some types of flowers are suitable for candying.

The best-known candied products are candied lemon peel and candied orange peel (Austrian aranzini) as well as cocktail cherries.

Nowadays, candying is often used to improve the color or taste of food without the intention of preserving it. This applies, for example, to candied fruit, such as that available at (Christmas) markets.

And this is what they look like on a Christmas market stall and how I once photographed them:

Once again, I'm taking a methodical approach. First you have the baking tray that you need as a bed for the apples.

For this, I used the "Pill Serving Tray" prop at the stand in question and gave it the size of 1.0 x 0.5 x 1.8 in the X, Y and Z axes. Then please give it this texture:

Tomorrow I'll add the apples for you, the day after tomorrow the wooden sticks and your apples are ready.

Have fun, enjoy the Christmas season,

your divi

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
5 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/10/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/12/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/14/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#24 Posted : Saturday, December 09, 2023 6:40:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I still owe you my gift for today. And as promised yesterday, today I'm giving you the candied, shiny red apple.

How many you put on your baking tray is up to you. The prop map was made for the "Pumpkin 01" prop, a sensible size is 0.25 per axis. It doesn't matter if you only have one of these apples, but if you want to place several of them on a tray/baking sheet, then I recommend that you always rotate the apples or Pumpkins slightly differently in the Y axis.

Here is the prop map, first the picture to download, below the hotlink for immediate use.

Stay healthy everyone, have a great weekend in peace and with lots of fun,

divingA

5 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
AutumnRoseRed on 12/9/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 12/10/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/10/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/12/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/14/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 11:05:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I still owe you the wooden skewers today, so that the arrangement of your apples will look something like the Christmas market at Holiday Traditions.

You'll need the "Pole Dance Pole" prop, which you should first scale down to 0.1 x 0.05 x 0.1. Then just give it this wood texture:

Stay healthy, have a nice Sunday and remember to show your gratitude and appreciation every now and then, because there are many other donors in the forum besides me who do a lot for you,

divingA

4 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 12/10/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/13/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/14/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#26 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2023 6:38:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

another gift was made available to you all at the Christmas market today, i.e. two more props have been made clickable and will reveal their prop maps when you click on them. But today you have to search again.

All I'm saying is: look for props that were obviously made on the basis of a "Blue Candle".

Stay healthy everyone, have a good new week in peace and with lots of fun,

divingA

missyfungirl on 12/13/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 4:25:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I've already opened the door for today in the Advent calendar, now I have to work off my debts here. Looking through what I've already posted here, I noticed that I've already made at least one gift clickable at all the stalls, just not at the snack booth.

That has to be changed, you are surely hungry after all the searching and wandering through the market alleys.

If you stroll through a Christmas market in Germany, especially in the East German states, you will not be able to avoid one specialty, the Thuringian Rostbratwurst (grilled sausage). Now you might be wondering: what the hell is a Thuringian Rostbratwurst?

Quote:
Thüringer Rostbratwurst (also known as Thüringer Roster) is a medium-fine grilled sausage made in the Free State of Thuringia from coarsely fat-removed pork, pork cheek without rind, possibly with boneless veal or beef, raw or scalded and with a spicy flavor. Typical spices are salt, pepper and, depending on the region, especially caraway, marjoram and/or garlic. The paste has a fine structure with a maximum grain size of 3 mm. It is made in tight natural pork or sheep casings, each piece is at least 15 cm long and weighs between 100 g and 150 g with a fat content of 20 ± 5 %. The name Thüringer Rostbratwurst with these characteristics has been registered as a protected geographical indication (PGI) since January 6, 2004.

The Thuringian Rostbratwurst has a centuries-old tradition. The oldest known documentary mention of a bratwurst in the region can be found in the Thuringian State Archives in Rudolstadt in a copy of the provost's account of the Arnstadt convent of virgins from 1404, which literally states: "1 gr vor darme czu brotwurstin" (1 penny for bratwurst casings). The oldest known recipe can be found in the Weimar State Archives. It comes from the order for the butcher's trade in Weimar, Jena and Buttstädt from July 2, 1613. Another recipe can be found in the Thuringian-Erfurt cookbook from 1797, which also mentions a smoked version.

In most cases, you will be served this bratwurst at almost all stalls in a roll, a light-colored wheat roll that has been slit open lengthwise plus some mustard added.

And so you can now find it lying on a prop "Empty Plate" at the Holiday Traditions Christmas market. For the sausage you need the prop "Velvet Rope" in a size of 0.11 x 0.25 x 0.25.

For the bread roll you need the prop "Primitive Sphere" in the size of 0.09 x 0.18 x 0.13.

Bon appétit, enjoy your meal, stay healthy everyone, have a good time in peace and with lots of fun,

divingA

1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 12/12/2023(UTC)
Sweetpea
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 4:37:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi everyone,

Mr_Traditions is on vacation in real life until 12/14 so I get the pleasure of activating the Advent Calendar and Hanukkah gift links.

I will try to do it before I leave for work in the morning so around 5:00 AM CST, but if I forget I will do it when I get home about 5:00 PM CST.

If you are still having problems getting into the property, please continue to send an email to Mr_Traditions profile and he will respond when he is back.

Hope to see you all at Holiday Traditions

hugs
pea
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
2 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/12/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/14/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2023 10:21:20 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

at the Holiday Traditions Christmas Market, today's clickable little gift is made for prop "Sign_01". The best way to use it is as follows:

Install a "Hanging Chain" in the center of a window, scale it down to 0.2 per axis and then hang the Sign from it.

Have fun, have a good time, see you tomorrow, divingA

missyfungirl on 12/13/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#30 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 3:54:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

three more props can be clicked on the Christmas market since a few minutes. If you click on them, you will see their prop map, so you can download it and use it for your own purposes. All three prop maps were made for the "Travel Coffee Mug" prop. After this hint, the search should not be difficult.

Have fun, have a good time, stay healthy, see you tomorrow, divingA

AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/19/2023(UTC)
EdwardWheeler
#31 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 9:00:22 AM(UTC)

cool, any more additions in the near future?
divingA_WnC
#32 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 10:13:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: EdwardWheeler Go to Quoted Post
cool, any more additions in the near future?

Of course, on a daily base until 6th of January.

missyfungirl on 12/20/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#33 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2023 12:56:31 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

Do you sometimes think: "Whoa, I'm so hungry I could steal a dog's bone?" And just then you pass a stall selling all kinds of delicious pancakes, both sweet and savory.

Now it's easy for you to find what you need, either a "Cast Iron Frying Pan", in which a golden yellow pancake steams, or a "Cast Iron Frying Pan", in which 4 crispy slices of bacon sweat merrily away.

Have fun, have a good time, stay healthy, see you tomorrow, divingA

AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/19/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#34 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2023 8:45:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I've been roaming around Berlin with my camera backpack many a time, I still love to go on such - as I call them - photo safaris, at any time of the year, including Christmas time. And then it also happens that I take a photo like the one shown here.

When I took this photo, I was at a Christmas market in Berlin. It is always partially illuminated with light nets like the part photographed here. These light nets span the aisles between the market stalls in wide hanging arches. Yes, admittedly, these nets are not as bright as they look in the photo; I enhanced the optical impression by screwing a trick lens in front of the camera lens.

As a result, light from strong light sources is refracted in the grooves cut into the trick lens and directed along them. I like this trick lens when photographing strong light sources against a dark night sky. I took this photo back in 2017, and even then I knew: "I want to make something out of this for RLC."

And so I did, I removed the dark background of the night sky and the electric cables, leaving what I call the starlights. You can now find the texture for this at the Christmas market in Holiday Traditions. It is very versatile, just play and experiment with it.

And now I wish you all a nice weekend, stay healthy, divingA

Maxibird on 12/16/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/20/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2023 2:28:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

it never ceases to amaze me, every day I am online in RLC, I can learn something from the conversations that take place. Yesterday I learned something that deeply affected me. There is no such thing as a Christmas market in the USA, it doesn't happen there. At least that's what an American woman who lives in America told me. Is that true? I believe her, of course, but does her statement apply to all states? For me, that is unimaginable, a deeply saddening thought. If this is really true, it gives me all the more incentive to delight you with my little replica.

As of today, the next prop is clickable. It reveals its texture after a click, a texture whose development particularly amused me when I was building it at the Christmas market. Have the same fun:

May bug flying fuel

which is best applied to a Whine Bottle 4 that has been scaled down to the size of 0.80 x 0.50 x 0.80. Texture Translucent should ideally be set to around 50.

Just so you know: "Maikäferflugbenzin" is the most popular herbal liqueur from the Wünnenberger Kräutermanufaktur. It is made from 16 local herbs according to an ancient Benedictine recipe. The name also has to do with an old monastery story that tells how the people of Bad Wünnenberg got their nickname "May beetle".

And with that, I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, have fun, stay healthy, divingA

3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
MAJI_DHS on 12/18/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/19/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#36 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2023 2:16:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

after the advent calendar 2023 has already been filled today, the gifts at the Christmas market are still missing.

This has just been changed, three more props have been made clickable, all for the prop "Sign_01", all three PNG files, means you have to check "Texture Translucent" in the state tab again. A value of around 50, depending on the background also more or less in the box behind it is necessary.

Have fun, have a good week, don't get stressed, divingA

MAJI_DHS on 12/18/2023(UTC), AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/19/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#37 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 4:42:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

the Holiday Traditions Christmas Market is once again a little more generous today. All your gifts clickable there today, four in number, are made for the Prop "Alpha Pine Tree". But beware, two of them will show you an icon with three gears instead of a magnifying glass. This is because the pine trees in question rotate at a speed of 0.30 in the Y axis.

Incidentally, this is a more or less realistic speed for what the tree prop is supposed to represent. The script "Rotate Object" is used for this as second script, there you set the speed to 0,3 in the Y axis, but please delete the value that is always preset in the Z axis, there must be 0. Then check "Activate on load" in the State tab.

Have a good time, have fun and above all good health, divingA

AutumnRoseRed on 12/19/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/19/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/20/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 10:39:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I was already in the advent calendar today, now I have just clicked 8 more gifts in the Christmas market of Holiday Traditions, four of them are for the prop "Glass Bottle", the other four for the prop "Sign_01".

Of course you have to look for them yourself.

Have fun, have a nice evening, stay healthy, divingA

MAJI_DHS on 12/20/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/20/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2023 4:49:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I've already been to the Advent calendar, so that leaves the Christmas market at Holiday Traditions.

Four more props have just been made clickable there.

All four are made for the prop "Whisky Bottle 3".

Have fun searching, stay healthy, divingA

MAJI_DHS on 12/21/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/22/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#40 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2023 7:31:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

I have also finished my day's work for today at the Holiday Traditions Christmas Market. Four more props were made clickable there, all made for the prop "Wine Bottle 4", all are occupied with their PNG files, a value of around 50 in the box behind Texture Translucent is recommended.

Have a good time everyone, stay healthy, have a nice weekend, divingA

Frizz_Moontribe on 12/22/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/22/2023(UTC)