Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Holiday Traditions 2023
Mr_Traditions
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2023 10:08:10 AM(UTC)

We are now accepting donations for the Holiday Traditions event which opens on December 3, 2023.

If you have a unique prop texture you wish to donate you may click here to donate the texture(s).

If you wish to donate clothing please contact Mr_Traditions.
6 users thanked Mr_Traditions for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 7/11/2023(UTC), divingA_WnC on 7/12/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 8/28/2023(UTC), Oak_DeMod on 8/29/2023(UTC), Jukelis on 8/29/2023(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/1/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#2 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2023 2:09:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

even if it is still summer for all those living in the northern hemisphere, autumn is approaching inexorably and relentlessly, followed by winter and with it Christmas.

At the latest with this knowledge the realization asserts itself with me (I must confess, I had it already earlier) that I must deal with Christmas. In the past few days, I finally had the good fortune to meet Anhton online and was able to talk to him about Holiday Traditions for at least a few minutes.

Now I finally have the opportunity to be an active member of the Holiday Traditions team again. In the past years, when Anhton, Sweetpea and Jonash did the lion's share of the work, I could only be a passive member due to my job and countless overtime hours thanks to the pandemic.

Those days are over now, no one is more grateful about that than I am. Because now I can finally give again, continue again in the place where I had to declare my withdrawal from my Advent calendar in 2020 with the beginning of the pandemic in spring.

So at this point I would like to start by thanking Anhton, Sweetpea and Jonash for all the good you have done for the community. I'd also like to thank you for continuing my tradition of an advent calendar, in a far better way than I could have ever dreamed of, as an interactive place in the game where users can meet, communicate with each other, and not just about gifts they've just received.

And I owe a third thanks to the three of you, for patiently carrying me along as an inactive member of the team, for always taking me along in the Holiday Traditions boat. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

But now, as mentioned above, I am finally back, back in the activity, able to contribute, to give my thoughts and to participate in enriching your wonderful place this year.

In the past two days off, I have already had the opportunity to decorate there in unison with you. And I can only say it is and remains a real pleasure for me. Unbelievable how much fun I had in the two days alone, how often I could laugh about this or that discovery or this and that find during my research.

To the other members of the RLC community who are not involved in the creation of Holiday Traditions 2023, I can only say this:

Look forward .... to a fantastic place, where there is a lot to discover, a real playground for adventurers, look forward to a place that is nothing but a huge bag of wonders, filled to the brim.

Please stay well everyone, I'm really looking forward to seeing you all again this holiday season at Holiday Traditions 2023,

your divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
6 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 8/28/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 8/28/2023(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 8/28/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 8/28/2023(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 8/29/2023(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/1/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2023 6:26:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello and good day to all,

I apologize if I now trample on the nerves of one or the other, but I would like to speak here again.

10 days ago I had, as already mentioned in the posting before, the said conversation with Anhton. Quintessence of the conversation was that Anhton and I could agree that I was allowed to set up the replica of a small and modest but equally traditional German Christmas market on the generously laid out space of Holiday Traditions.

So just one day later I started the first construction work. First it was a matter of designing the market stalls, the booths. That went amazingly fast, I was actually amazed. Nevertheless, the promise I had made the day before seemed like a Herculean task. Heavens, was I scared shitless.

I had a talk with my husband about the promise I had made. Because I was really afraid of having promised too much. The time until the opening of Holiday Traditions seemed incredibly short for my task, since I had worked all year for my Advent calendars here in the forum in the years before.

What should I talk about: thanks to the energetic help of my husband, the Christmas market is complete and ready since yesterday noon, all market stalls are stocked with goods. Many gifts were scattered and hidden, but also many worth knowing articles about this or that custom in Germany, recipes and much more.

All you have to do now is to inspect not only the market, no, the whole area of Holiday Traditions, with all its attractions. All you have to do is use your eyes as diligently as your mouse/cursor, because I can promise you one thing:

If you don't find any fun or inspiration in Holiday Traditions this year, even Santa won't be able to help you.

I look forward to seeing you all again in due course and meeting you in HT, whether it's for ice skating, taking pictures, finding your happiness, finding gifts, or strolling around the market and enjoying a cup of mulled wine,

Your divingA, who today for once may sign also as caringD on behalf of her husband.

On his behalf I have also been asked to say great praise and appreciation to the great creators of this layout, Anhton and Jonash Novo and Sweetpea for your work and dedication, but also great thanks for the fun we, he and I had building the market.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
BB_Licious on 9/7/2023(UTC), Mr_Traditions on 9/7/2023(UTC)
Mr_Traditions
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2023 9:52:07 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all of your hard work diving! The market looks awesome!

Holiday Traditions will open to the public on December 3, 2023. We hope you stop in to check out the market as well as the advent calendar, the holiday maze and much much more! Free prize giveaways daily through January 6, 2024!

See you in December!

Mr_Traditions
2 users thanked Mr_Traditions for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 9/7/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 11/28/2023(UTC)
Sweetpea
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 09, 2023 9:24:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Holiday Traditions opens December 3rd. We are still accepting gift donations for Advent, Hanukkah, Yule, 12 days of Christmas and Kwanzaa.

If you are interested in donating a daily gift, please contact Mr_Traditions
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
It's true, It's true, It's all about me!
3 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
ByPerseus_Design on 11/9/2023(UTC), divingA_WnC on 11/28/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 11/28/2023(UTC)
Mr_Traditions
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 12:59:22 PM(UTC)

Hey folks!

It's almost time for Traditions to open for the season. Be prepared for lots of fun times and several free daily gifts. This year we have the maze scavenger hunt again. Find all 8 stockings and you could win 2000 Rays. We will be giving away several layouts this year. We worked with some of the top designers to get some great giveaways. This year we also have a weekly giveaway of 50 Rays to anyone who submits a photo of themself with Santa flying by in the background. Don't worry this can be easily done but you just have to be patient since he only flys by at certain times. Also something new we are doing this year is an account we set up for donations to the account. Each time you donate 10 or more rays your name will be entered in a contest and at the end of the event a random name will be chosen to win all of the Rays that have been donated during the event. So remember this one is like the lottery, you gotta play to win! :-) (For the donation you may only enter once a day. Multiple donations on the same day would count as only 1 donation)

We look forward to seeing each and everyone of you at Traditions 2023!

Best,

Mr_Traditions
3 users thanked Mr_Traditions for this useful post.
ByPerseus_Design on 11/28/2023(UTC), divingA_WnC on 11/28/2023(UTC), BB_Licious on 11/28/2023(UTC)
Mr_Traditions
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 9:16:38 PM(UTC)

Stop by today!!!

The url is...

vww://utherverse.vww/@168119/@1774938#main%20entry

We hope to see you there soon!
4 users thanked Mr_Traditions for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/2/2023(UTC), Never_Lost on 12/3/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/3/2023(UTC), Pytch on 12/3/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2023 4:27:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone, good morning,

just as a hint: in Holiday Traditions there is a small remake of a traditional Christmas market in Germany. Starting today, you will be able to find a small gift from us/myself (my husband was on board as a designer and was just as involved in the market as I was) every day.

All you have to do is stroll through the market stalls and search with your mouse. If a magnifying glass appears when you hover your mouse over the items on offer at the market stalls, it might make sense to click on the item today, or tomorrow, or any other day.

The first two textures that appear today are made for the Prop Candle 3.

divingA

Sweetpea on 12/3/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/5/2023(UTC)
Sedna_SD1_RAW
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2023 12:08:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have a question. The instructions say send "us" the picture with Santa. Who is "we"? Is it a profile...or here?
"Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you." - Rumi

Sweetpea
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2023 12:57:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sedna_SD1 Go to Quoted Post
I have a question. The instructions say send "us" the picture with Santa. Who is "we"? Is it a profile...or here?

I'm thinking it is Mr_Traditions profile but I will send him a Skype message to double check.
Great Minds Discuss Ideas, Average Minds Discuss Events, Simple Minds Discuss People...Eleanor Roosevelt
1 user thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
Sedna_SD1_RAW on 12/3/2023(UTC)
Sedna_SD1_RAW
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2023 1:24:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sweetpea Go to Quoted Post

I'm thinking it is Mr_Traditions profile but I will send him a Skype message to double check.

Thank you Smile
"Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah…it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you." - Rumi

Mr_Traditions
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2023 9:29:42 PM(UTC)

The instructions for Spot Santa are as follows. Go to the property. Find Santa flying in the night sky and make a screen shot of you standing there and the Santa image behind you. Upload this picture to your utherbucket or preferred image hosting site. Get the URL for the image you uploaded. Click on the sign at Holiday Traditions 2023. It will open a page with a form for you to complete. First give your avatar name then give the url for your image with Santa. Submit the form. That's all there is to it.

I hope this information helps.

Best,

Mr_Traditions
divingA_WnC
#13 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2023 1:03:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:

I've just opened a new door in the Advent calendar, but I'm still missing the clue to the gift just added to the Holiday Traditions Christmas market.

This is made today for the prop "Sign_01", it is a PNG file, depending on the background I recommend you, after you have checked "Texture Translucent" in the state tab, to enter a value of around 50 in the box behind it.

Have a good start into a new week, stay healthy,

divingA

Mr_Traditions on 12/4/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/12/2023(UTC)
Mr_Traditions
#14 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2023 3:20:47 PM(UTC)

If anyone is having an issue with landing at Holiday Traditions please add me as a friend and send me a message to let me know that you're having problems.

Thank you!

Mr_Traditions
2 users thanked Mr_Traditions for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/4/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/4/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#15 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2023 11:59:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:

today I'm going to start by explaining the gift at the little Christmas market with clues. The gift published there today, i.e. made clickable, is dedicated to dear and loyal friends. You'll get the best performance for three of the four gifts if you use the "Whisky Bottle 2" prop as a basis; for the fourth, you'll have to work with the "Whisky Bottle 1" prop.

Watch out! The propmaps are PNG files, so you have to check "Texture Translucent" in the state tab, a good value for this file is 50, depending on the background also a little less or a little more.

And now have fun enriching your ... oh, just take a look for yourself.

Kellie? Missy? PG? Mane? Thank you for your friendship, which still means a lot to me.

Have a good time, stay healthy,

divingA

3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Sweetpea on 12/6/2023(UTC), Manequin on 12/7/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/7/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2023 5:43:57 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

This morning I still owed you the explanation about the gifts in the Christmas market at Holiday Traditions. After a few hours of restful sleep after the last shift of my four night shifts, I would like to finally finish this point.

Logically, it's still December 6th, St. Nicholas Day, so today I'm presenting the official Holiday Traditions glasses, which I created for the first time this year. You can find them at the " Beer Fountain" stand.

They can be installed on the following props:
- Empty Beer Glass
- Glass Of Coke
- Full Beer Glass

For technical reasons, which are unimaginable for me at the moment, I can no longer make the props clickable in the Christmas market. So I'll do it like I always do in the Advent Calendar, today I'll show you the textures here. Unfortunately, this loses a little bit of the fun effect of searching for treasures on the stalls of the Christmas market, but at least I have to live with that today.

As you can see with the hotlinks, all textures are PNG files, which means, you do better to check in state tab Texture Translucent, the two filled glasses work with just 1 in the box behind, for the empty glass i recommend a value of about 50 depending on the background.

Stay safe and be well you all, divingA

MAJI_DHS on 12/6/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/6/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/13/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 7:32:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone here too,

I've just filled the Advent calendar for today, now I just have to get the presents to you at the Christmas market. I can decorate again as usual, which means I can now go back to the market to find where I have added something today.

The prop I made into a clickable prop for you today is a "Primitive Cone". Have fun looking for a Christmas decoration for your Christmas tree at home. Wink

Have a good time everyone, try to think Christmassy at least in your own environment and at least spread some peace and harmony during this time, then it will quickly reflect on yourselves,

divingA

missyfungirl on 12/7/2023(UTC), Frizz_Moontribe on 12/14/2023(UTC)
Sweet_Simona_7
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 12:37:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Ho-Ho-Hoooo, good evening Speak to the hand

as first: I want to say: Than You very much for this nice place. I loved it already last few years and its great again. Applause
second: I want also say Thank You to all the sponsors for the gifts we can find there. ThumpUp
third: maybe the Elf (Santas helper) is sleeping since 2 days Glare the doors at the Advent Calender (number 4 and 5) arent open. its just a reminder and I will be back there to see what is behind these doors ThumpUp

Have a great time
*hugsssss
Simona
3 users thanked Sweet_Simona_7 for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/7/2023(UTC), Sweetpea on 12/7/2023(UTC), Mr_Traditions on 12/22/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 2:10:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sweet_Simona_7 Go to Quoted Post

as first: I want to say: Than You very much for this nice place. I loved it already last few years and its great again. Applause
second: I want also say Thank You to all the sponsors for the gifts we can find there. ThumpUp
third: maybe the Elf (Santas helper) is sleeping since 2 days Glare the doors at the Advent Calender (number 4 and 5) arent open. its just a reminder and I will be back there to see what is behind these doors ThumpUp

Have a great time
*hugsssss
Simona

Hello everyone,

it got already brought to my attention yesterday, i also realized today that there have been no change. So I wrote now an e-mail to Anhton and Mr. Traditions. Unfortunately this is all I can do. Of course, I could unlit the doors of the advent calendars, that would bright the calendar up but that's it then, since I dont have the list of links that have to be attached to the gift packages.

At this very moment this is not the point I am worrying about. What I am worrying about is the person "Anhton" himself. I really do hope he's okay and just obstructed by some of the usual RL events, that may happen.

But the rest of the team will certainly try everything to get things back to the usual work, so please stay tuned here,

kind regards, divingA

Sweetpea on 12/7/2023(UTC), Sweet_Simona_7 on 12/9/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 12/19/2023(UTC)
Sweetpea
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2023 3:20:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: divingA_WnC Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sweet_Simona_7 Go to Quoted Post

Have a great time
*hugsssss
Simona

Hello everyone,

it got already brought to my attention yesterday, i also realized today that there have been no change. So I wrote now an e-mail to Anhton and Mr. Traditions. Unfortunately this is all I can do. Of course, I could unlit the doors of the advent calendars, that would bright the calendar up but that's it then, since I dont have the list of links that have to be attached to the gift packages.

At this very moment this is not the point I am worrying about. What I am worrying about is the person "Anhton" himself. I really do hope he's okay and just obstructed by some of the usual RL events, that may happen.

But the rest of the team will certainly try everything to get things back to the usual work, so please stay tuned here,

kind regards, divingA

Hi Simona,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention, not sure what happened but we are working on linking yesterday and todays doors. There is also the St Nicholas Day and first Hanukkah gifts that are also available to be opened.

Hi diving,

I happened to be chatting with Anhton on Skype when you sent the email to him. I know he has been working a lot in real life, so he got a bit behind. Oh and BTW ... I love that you are giving away some of the stuff at the Christmas Market at Holiday Traditions. I've been walking through to see if I can find them.
2 users thanked Sweetpea for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/7/2023(UTC), Sweet_Simona_7 on 12/9/2023(UTC)