Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Sound Prop(s) vs Sign_01 prop
Dial_Tone
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2023 6:13:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Just a little inside information here to chew on...

The sound props only load the sound element when the sound is played. If the sound doesn't play when the prop loads, there is no sound element applied.

Also, simple sounds such as chimes are loaded into a single 16 channel sound object. Only 16 sounds will ever be loaded at one time. New sounds that are played, are added to the last channel, and the first sound gets bumped off.

"The cavalry ain't comin' until the man with the radio tells 'em to." - Dial Tone

Send Profile Message

5 users thanked Dial_Tone for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 2/18/2023(UTC), divingA_WnC on 2/19/2023(UTC), Pytch on 2/19/2023(UTC), Tergiet on 2/19/2023(UTC), Bad_Timmy on 2/19/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#22 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2023 5:30:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Bad_Timmy;1696826 wrote:
So... this whole hoopla is over 20 extra seconds loading time the first time you visit a property? One extra 30 second commercial during your Law & Order re-run? Okie dokie pokie. Enjoy your marvelousness. I'll enjoy my properties full of chime props.

Point 1: I don't see a big hoopla, apart from your sometimes aggressive postings.

Point2: I asked a question because I remembered an earlier thread on this topic in this forum but couldn't find the results, nor could I find the thread anymore. Given a job to overhaul a club and make it more user friendly and finding a large three figure amount of sound props, I wanted to know now again exactly if there is any advantage in using them and if so what it is.

Point3: Yes, you guessed that quite correctly, answer D is the solution, for me with my constellation consisting of relatively modern and powerful computer + very fast fibre connection to the internet, the difference was 20 seconds. For someone with a less powerful internet connection and/or less powerful computers, that can be considerably more.

I also wanted to give such players the opportunity to visit said club. What for you means the time span of a commercial clip can be a time span for other players in which they get a cup of coffee, water the flowers, feed the cat and then sit down at the computer again in the hope that it has finally loaded everything.

Have fun, good luck, much success, divingA

who also thanks all the other users for their helpful and instructive answers.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)