Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages123>»
divi's prop maps for free use
divingA_WnC
#1 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 3:37:33 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

in this new thread I'll present prop maps I've developed for one or another of my projects.

You can assume that each prop map has been carefully tested and checked and can therefore be used immediately.

If you download the prop maps I provide for free and upload them to a picture host of your choice is up to you.

I'll start with a self-developed prop map of a prop that I unfortunately didn't pay enough attention to so far. In my current prop, however, it was of great help to me.

I was faced with the question of how to represent a pallet with make-up or a bar of chocolate in a reasonably pretty and authentic-looking way. There are a number of props available, ranging from the Wall to the Pedestal to the Generic Box or Primitive Cube.

I tried them all, I wasn't really happy with any of the props, either they meant a lot of work like the Generic Box or the Primitive Cube or the performance was bad like the Wall or the Pedestal. And then I stumbled again on the "Sign 3d". The prop map shown by Wraith on his site is not usable for meaningful work, due to its size of 16 x 16 pixels.

So I took the time to enlarge it to 512 x 512 pixel and to create my own map based on the colors distributed on this map. With several attempts I managed to isolate the areas that appear light yellow in the prop map, they represent the narrow sides of the prop.

The red area is assigned to the surface. The image of a make-up pallet or a bar of chocolate simply has to be fitted into this area, with the specified dimensions of 459 x 457 pixels.

If you now carefully place the layer in the red area and give the yellow edges the color that your placed layer has at the edges, usually it is one and the same color on all four sides, then you have it,

the desired bar of chocolate or a box of chocolates,

the desired make-up box

or even a three-dimensional sign.

This approach also has the advantage that you can work with the low-memory JPG format. Here comes the self developed prop map for the "Sign 3d":

And now I wish you all continued fun, pleasure and success, but above all always stable health,

divingA

Subsequent EDIT: I forgot to mention that, for example, carpets with straight edges can also be easily and authentically represented in this way. If I then just scale the sign 3d down to 0.03 to 0.05 in the Z axis, you have fantastically good looking carpets that rarely require more memory than if you apply the carpet to a paper thin sign_01. The performance of the Sign 3d is then unsurpassably better, because now your feet sink very minimally into the carpet, as they would in real life.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
7 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Mr_NYDon on 9/23/2022(UTC), caring_D on 9/23/2022(UTC), Architype0 on 10/8/2022(UTC), Siren on 2/27/2023(UTC), B4BILLY on 3/11/2023(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/26/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#2 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 8:24:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
great job divi this is one that i think a lot of folks will find very useful so much so that im going to do something here; im going to ask you to submit this one to wraith for inclusion in his custom prop map section. this is too valuable to people to just keep it here in the forum. he may put it somewhere else but i havent truly explored his rebuilt site yet.

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
2 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 9/23/2022(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#3 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 8:41:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: elmerfudddaffy Go to Quoted Post
great job divi this is one that i think a lot of folks will find very useful so much so that im going to do something here; im going to ask you to submit this one to wraith for inclusion in his custom prop map section. this is too valuable to people to just keep it here in the forum. he may put it somewhere else but i havent truly explored his rebuilt site yet.

Hello elmer,

Wraith is allowed to use my prop maps as well as anyone else. It has always been this way and will never be any different, if I can be a helping hand to users of this community, I'm happy to do it. Whether users accept the help or not is then their decision.

And at this point another word to the above mentioned map. One or the other may need it in such a way that the outer edge, shown in light yellow in the map, protrudes into the surface. In this case there is nothing more to do than to keep the layer for the surface a little smaller than the dimensions given in the map, and to enlarge the yellow border a little to the same extent instead.

Stay safe and be well everyone, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Mr_NYDon on 9/23/2022(UTC), caring_D on 9/23/2022(UTC), missyfungirl on 7/13/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#4 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 9:02:33 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

You have seen how a sign, a box of chocolates or a bar of chocolate can be designed in an authentic and as realistic way as possible with the start posting.

Here now something completely different, a little joke that I, inspired by one of the profile pictures of another user could not resist.

Create a Wall Clock in your Zaby. Give the clock as usual the script: Cached Web Image, always remember to set the file caching to Forever. It is still a mystery to me why this has never been changed by RLC, but we just have to live with it.

Use the following shared prop map as image URL, or download the map and upload it to an image host you trust.

If someone asks you in your Zaby what time it is, you can say: 10 minutes before Dolphin or 50 minutes after Doggy. Both answers are correct. Grin

Stay healthy all and don't let others annoy you, divi

5 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
caring_D on 9/23/2022(UTC), Architype0 on 10/8/2022(UTC), SugarPie22 on 11/27/2022(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC), C_A_R_O on 10/29/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#5 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2022 12:35:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

for me a holiday is coming to an end, because today was a holiday in Germany, which I actually celebrate, can and want to celebrate, after all we (East Germans, citizens of the former GDR) were given back freedom and an actual democracy on that day.

In addition to a feast and the visit of some sights reminiscent of this dark GDR time with the family, especially our children, I also had time to once again a little tinker in my graphics program and to handle with pixels.

Some of the results will be given to you later this year, around the 1st of December, that's all I have to say.

But I like to share one of my results with you today. It is a plant that is occasionally cultivated as an ornamental flower in gardens, but is actually a wild plant, the dotted loosestrife (Lysimachia punctata).

Based on the simple prop map of the Alpha Flower (it doesn't matter which one you take), the map shared below can be decorated with the script Cached Web Image.

Since this plant likes to stand in somewhat larger colonies, gladly at brook or forest edges, but also as an ornamental plant in gardens gladly in larger groups, I recommend you the following procedure:

- Create an Alpha Flower Prop
- give it the size of 2,0 x 1,3 x 1,0 for a most realistic and natural appearance
- Script as said above "Cached Web Image", set File Caching to forever and use the Prop Map shown here as Image URL or download the Prop Map and upload it again in the Picture Host of your choice.

- But it is important that you check Texture Translucent, enter a value of 111 and check Texture Double Sidet.

- Finally, place the prop in the garden as desired, then clone it a few times, place the clones paralell next to each other, a few of them rotated 180° each, then you get a nice and realistic looking colony of: Lysimachia punctata, the dotted loosestrife.

Have fun, stay healthy everyone, don't get sidetracked on your paths, don't let others discourage you from going your way,

divingA

4 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
elmerfudddaffy on 10/3/2022(UTC), Architype0 on 10/8/2022(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), Lily_Anne_Rose on 12/9/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2022 3:11:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

in view of the yesterday in this thread announced

yesterday, as already written there, I again kept myself busy with the theme Christmas, listened peacefully and relaxed to Bach's Christmas Oratorio

have perceived again, although heard many times, new text details, intelligent texts that can also be applied to today's times, such as the beginning of the sixth part of the oratorio, but overall enjoyed this wonderful game by doing deco works.

A tiny bit of the work done yesterday I would like to share now, the bulk of the work may be shared later in due course elsewhere in the game.

For today, it's enough to share five gift boxes. All are appliqueable to the "Blue Present" prop but will fit equally well on the Red, Pink and Yellow Present props as the propmaps for all four props are identical except for the colors.

Download the propmaps I developed and upload them to the Picture Host you trust or use the hotlink shared below each image.

All 5 maps are optimized jpg files and can be used immediately.

Have fun, stay healthy and if necessary just remember meaningful texts that were already written almost 300 years ago,

divingA

6 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Dernhelm on 11/2/2022(UTC), DareDevil345 on 11/3/2022(UTC), SugarPie22 on 11/27/2022(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC), Lily_Anne_Rose on 12/9/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2022 10:26:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

it's autumn, the nights are already cold, the days sometimes still with friendly sunshine, but often with a fresh cold wind, nice for autumn walks, but in the evening you are home early after a long autumn walk through colored forests.

Is there then a nicer idea than a pot, a casserole filled with hot, steaming and hearty smelling Irish Stew?

Here now comes a building instruction for it, made from three props.

You have to start with the prop:

Cast Iron Frying Pan

Give the pan the size of 0.8 x 3.0 x 0.8 in the x, y and z axes.

Now place it on the stove and rotate it as desired.

For the illusion of the Irish Stew you need the Prop Sign_01.

Rotate it to 270° in the x axis, y and z axis stay at 0

Now give the sign the size of 0.19 x 0.19 x 1.0 in the x, y and z axes.

Here is the texture for it, apply it with the script Cached Web Image, because you can never say it enough: remember to set the file caching to Forever.

Now lower it down into the pot until it fits and doesn't stick out anywhere at the edge of the pot, unfortunately this requires some dexterity, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

And now the most complicated prop: Dummy Model.

Give it the size of 10.0 per axis and place it in the middle of the casserole, about 8 to 10 units higher than the sign.

The needed script is "Emitter", the needed texture file is smoke3a.png.

And now follows the list of values to be entered to make the dummy model make realistic looking steam at the end:

• Particle Life 2
  • Emitter Life 150
  • Particles per second 10
  • Speed 20
  • Start Scale 0,1
  • End Scale 0,5
  • % Life Fading In 50
  • % Life Fading Out 100
  • Check Enable Fade
  • Alpha Scale 0,5
  • Spawn Cube X 10
  • Spawn Cube Y 0
  • Spawn Cube Z 50
  • Normal X 0
  • Normal Y 1,0
  • Normal Z 0

Good luck, have fun, stay healthy,

divingA

7 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 11/3/2022(UTC), DareDevil345 on 11/3/2022(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 11/3/2022(UTC), Dernhelm on 11/3/2022(UTC), SugarPie22 on 11/27/2022(UTC), Mane on 2/28/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#8 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2023 7:00:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

of course, not a single person is physically harmed by having their avatar in RLC take a pill to get a glowie. I have to admit, it's a little weird of me to still dislike having to perceive the gimmick of drug use or even medication abuse in a game as trivialising it. For a few months now, due to a new position in a new ward, I have seen every working day the terrible consequences that drug use brings for a person. People who have shot their brains into nirvana with drugs have not only lost their independence, they have also lost their dignity.

That's why in RLC I always prefer to work with food to replace the pilltray. Today I had to create a source of glowies again, in one of my brand new locations. Since I'm fictitiously setting this location on the coast of Brazil, there's nothing more obvious than to place a plate on the Zaby bar with a heap of Brazil nuts on it - after all, they're grown in Brazil.

Next to it, a small bag, a transparent cellophane bag with Brazil nuts for refilling, and I had what I thought was a pretty substitute for the pill tray.

If you also want to have this, then proceed as follows:

Create the prop "Empty Plate", place it as desired, I found a reasonable size with 2.0 x 2.5 x 2.0 in the axes X x Y x Z .
Now create the Prop "Primitive Halfsphere", give it the size 0.17 x 0.1 x 0.17 in the axes X x Y x Z and place it on the plate. Use the script "Cached Web Image", use the following URL as image URL:

https://i.imgur.com/r0D7Q0r.jpg

set the file caching to Forever and now have fun with a sensible replacement for the Pilltray.

And the bag? For that you need the prop "Cushion". Scale the cushion to 0.3 x 0.5 x 0.55 in the axes X x Y x Z. Place it wherever you think it looks good or makes sense. With the script "Cached Web Image" you get a bag of Brazil nuts if you use the following shared URL as image URL:

https://i.imgur.com/ZlphZrr.jpg

Do I really need to say here that it makes sense to set the file caching to Forever? I'll just say it again. This will significantly shorten the loading time for subsequent visits.

Have fun and success, everyone,

divingA

BB_Licious on 2/27/2023(UTC), Hot_Roxy on 2/27/2023(UTC), Mane on 2/28/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 2/28/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2023 9:26:24 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

just in time for St. Patrick's Day, first of all I would like to wish you all a happy and beautiful St. Patrick's Day.

And now for my free gifts for you all on the occasion of St. Patrick's Day.

For my project "Molly Malone's Hotel Cockles and Mussels" (presented here) I developed a market stall at the time, where Irish Coffee is offered as well as - fittingly - delicious Irish apple pie. Because if there's one thing I've learned to appreciate more than anything else in Ireland, it's a delicious Irish coffee, accompanied by a slice of apple pie, which, when enjoyed, makes you forget all about the rain in no time.

On the occasion of the above mentioned St. Patricks Day, I take the liberty to give you the entire booth along with all the equipment.

Let's start with the prop "Vendor Cart". You can find the required prop map here, but like many others it is a PNG file, which means you have to check Texture Translucent in the State tab and enter a value in the corresponding box, I used the value 25.

On top of the market stall there is a prop "Primitive Cube" for the coffee machine, here the prop map for it saved as a jpg file. For the cube I recommend to work with the size relations 1.5 x 1.0 x 1.0.

Then two "Blender" props should be lowered into the cube, one of which should be set to 90° in Y rotation, the other to 270°. The prop maps are again PNG files, I recommend the value 50 for Texture Translucent.

Next we need the prop "Primitive Cylinder", first in the size of 0.30 x 0.16 x 0.30 for authentic cans with spray cream. For this I have two prop maps, one representing full cream, the other what my husband calls unleaded cream, i.e. calorie reduced diet cream.

But we need more "primitive cylinders" now in the size of 1.50 x 0.06 x 1.50, for the apple pies, which are best presented on "Empty Plate" prop. The empty plates then need the size 1.50 x 0.06 x 1.50. Again, there are two different prop maps, one for shortcrust pastry covered apple pie, the other for apple pie covered with sprinkles.

Next, we need the prop "cushion", which should be scaled down to 0.35 x 0.40 x 0.45. With the prop map saved as jpg file, this becomes a bag with the irresistible Irish Coffee Fudge.

Now we slowly come to different whiskies, first some for the prop "Whisky Bottle 4". But please be careful, all prop maps for the various whisky bottles are all PNG files, so that they appear authentically translucent in real life. I recommend working with a value of 10.

For the prop "Whisky Bottle 2" there are two more prop maps, scale the bottles to 0.8 x 0.8 x 0.5 for maximum authenticity.

The best whisky in my eyes, favorite of my husband and also of me Cardhu is available as a prop map for the prop "Whisky Bottle 1", whose size ratio is sensibly worked out with 0.8 x 0.9 x 0.8.

But I have invested most of my personal heart and soul in the upcoming prop, in the "Wine Glas 2". It does not need to be edited in size, but the prop map is also a PNG file again, as value for Texture Translucent I also recommend the value 10.

And with that I say goodbye to you for today, wish you all a above all healthy, but also charming and enjoyable St. Patrick's Day,

divingA

Anhton_Novo on 3/11/2023(UTC), Hot_Roxy on 3/12/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 3/13/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 7/3/2023(UTC), Lily_Anne_Rose on 12/9/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2023 7:04:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

it's that time again, I'm currently busy with decoration work in RLC, of course some textures will fall off for you, means I'm willing to share some of my work with you.

My topic this morning were planter pots for houseplants. As we all know, RLC offers two propmaps for this, of course, I tried myself on them, with respectable results, but I want to leave them for now.

The much simpler planter pot is easily created from the prop "Primitive Cylinder". That's the prop you need now, I'll share the textures below at the end of the post.

Since there are always newcomers here, it should be repeated: it makes a lot of sense to set the File Caching box in the Script tab to Forever when using the "Cached Web Image" script needed for these flowerpots. Whether you check Unlit or not is up to your taste.

Of course all textures are properly optimized and they are all JPG files without exception. For each texture used, there are two propmaps, one for a flowerpot covered with white quartz gravel on top, the other showing quite ordinary potting soil on top.

Have fun all of you decorating, tonight maybe already, tomorrow night at the latest there will be more maps with houseplants here,

until then stay healthy, divi

3 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Dernhelm on 4/5/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2023 8:05:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello all again,

And here I have a little fun, just out of pleasure. Don't we all know him, the knickknack, who can hardly be slowed down in his enthusiasm for our bookshelves, cupboards and bookshelves? The longer we live, the more we gain!

Yes, I am a German, and so long ago I had the pleasure of photographing a knickknack figure in a shop and then converted it into a texture, that is, the photo freed from all background around the figure.

Now King Frederick the Great, standing with his favorite dog "Biche", but maybe it is also the other favorite dog "Alcméne" can also decorate your bookshelf or living room cupboard, if you want.

All you need is a sign, but the texture is a PNG file, so you have to check "Texture Translucent" in the state tab for the activated script "Cached Web Image" and enter a value in the box, otherwise the "Sign_01" prop gives a bad performance.

Here comes the prop map:

Have fun, stay all healthy, see you again soon, divi

2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Dernhelm on 4/5/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2023 1:44:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

it's time to keep the promise I made here yesterday, so today I share with you the houseplants, as already announced above.

Four come without planter pot, you have to take care of it yourself. But you can also wait a little longer, because I will share more planter pots here later, maybe tonight, but tomorrow night at the latest, as already done above on the basis of the props "Primitive Cylinder", but also created from the props "Planter Pot 01 and 02". Two more plants comes in two versions, one with, one without planter pot. And a sixth plant is hardly found in a pot anywhere in the world, it is an outdoor plant that most of us know well, at least those who live in the northern hemisphere, in the southern hemisphere this plant is rather rare.

All plants are PNG files, which means that you have to check Texture Translucent in the State tab for each plant and enter a value in the box behind it. My recommendation would be to work with either the value 88 or 111, which gives the better performance in your object, you have to find out yourself.

I will not give size values, you are all old enough to give the plants a realistic size value.

And now for the plants, I start with the first houseplant that comes in two versions, with the Spathiphyllum. Here are the prop maps, both plants are conceptualized for the Prop Alpha Pine Tree.

Next is Clivia miniata, again it comes in two versions, one with and one without a planter pot, they should also be applied to the Prop Alpha Pine Tree.

To keep some variety, now comes the announced outdoor plant, it is none other than Taraxacum officinale, the dandelion or common dandelion. This was created based on Prop Grass 3.

Continuing with the indoor plants, the next candidate is Calathea Setosa from the Marantaceae family of plants. It comes without pot like all the others now following and belongs like the others again on the Prop Alpha Pine Tree.

The next plant is as a houseplant newer, the older generation still largely unknown, they know Ficus lyrata, commonly known as the fiddle-leaf fig mainly as a bush outside in the garden. The version I realized was always carefully pruned by an experienced gardener, hence the tall trunk.

The next plant is again a classic among houseplants, with proper care it lives up to its name, because it is then almost unstoppable in its enthusiasm and soon you have to create opportunities to tie it: Monstera. She really can become a monster and easily reach room height.

Despite my announcement, I do here a size indication. Of course, you can have this plant individually in a pot. But if you want to have them as a floor-high plant in realistic relation in your zaby, then you should give the individual plant, applied to an Alpha Pine Tree prop, a size of about 0. 50 x 0. 30 x 0. 50 and then stack four of them neatly on top of each other, so that they merge into each other.And please do not miss to turn each tree prop above the next for 90°. This way you geht a realistic performance of a room filling Monstera.

The final plant is also a classic, Anthurium, commonly known as tailflower, flamingo flower, and laceleaf, bright red flowering.

I wish you lots of fun decorating, stay healthy, divi

BB_Licious on 4/5/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 4/5/2023(UTC), Plixton_UA on 4/5/2023(UTC), Precious_L on 4/6/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/27/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2023 6:46:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

almost all of us have a living room or dining room cabinet not only at home, usually with glass doors, where the dishes and glasses for holidays are stored, but also here in RLC.

A prop best suited for these purposes is the Breakfront Bookcase. But beware, so that books, knickknacks or bottles like here:

Or dishes, glasses, vases like here:

are visible behind the glass doors, the Breakfront Bookcase must first be assigned Texture Translucent in the State Tab, with a value entered in the box behind it, starting at 10 when working with the original image from RLC (see the upper screen shot) up to 150 if you have created your own prop map for this purpose, as can be seen in the two screen shots below.

To ensure that PNG files used to display stacked dishes or empty glasses deliver a proper performance, it is necessary to change another value in the State tab, namely "Render Priority". You can find this value at the very bottom of the State tab if you scroll down to the bottom of the list.

In the case of my two dining room cabinets in the two screen shots below, I have given the glasses and the tableware representing Sign_01 props a render priority of 12 to 20. Theoretically, the value doesn't really have to be that high, a simple 1 will suffice in most cases, but if you have for example, glass shelves built into the cabinets like I did, or other sheer items, you'll have to dig a little deeper.

So much for the introduction for the two prop maps I want to share with you today. I'm just putting the links below and not showing the picture because ... well, ... what would you see here if I show a prop map here that represents a glass? Right!!! Nothing! At best a few gray streaks on the white background of the forum "paper".

The first prop map is developed for the prop "Wine Glass 1". As you know, in RLC the glass is filled with red wine. But now you want to have empty glasses hanging in the cupboard or on the glass shelf above the bar, don't you?

Then please use this prop map, which turns the full glass into an empty glass.

The second prop map was developed for the prop "Cocktail Glass". It also turns the full cocktail glass into an empty one.

And now a little tip on how you can bring some variety to the displayed glasses, this is especially interesting for bars, but also for well-stocked dining room cabinets. Take a close look at the following screenshot.

On the glass shelf above the bar counter you can see various glasses, liqueur bowls, red wine glasses, white wine glasses, champagne flutes etc. They were all made from one prop, the "Wine Glass 1", which was just given different size values again and again.

For example, if you give this prop the size 0.60 x 1.8 x 0.60, you have a champagne flute. The size 1.0 x 0.50 x 1.0 makes a liqueur bowl out of the glass, the size values 1.4 x 1.8 x 1.4 make the Wine Glass 1 prop be a fancy Burdeaux goblet. And so on and so on and so on, just keep experimenting yourself, I'll leave that up to you. And yes, of course, you can do the same with the Cocktail Glass prop.

Have fun, good luck, stay healthy, divingA

caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC)
aangel_l
#14 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 2:43:58 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I usually make my glass black from a png from paint.net. but I tried putting a reflection of the room on the glass.

It was a onetime experiment that I never repeated. I took a screenshot of the room from the perspective of the window and added it to the black glass png. it is just too much trouble to do in windows but I don't know.. in a brightly lit area and on glass furniture it might give it that extra something
2 users thanked aangel_l for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 4/14/2023(UTC), Cinque_Terre on 4/14/2023(UTC)
Bad_Timmy
#15 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 9:10:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: aangel_l Go to Quoted Post
I usually make my glass black from a png from paint.net. but I tried putting a reflection of the room on the glass.

It was a onetime experiment that I never repeated. I took a screenshot of the room from the perspective of the window and added it to the black glass png. it is just too much trouble to do in windows but I don't know.. in a brightly lit area and on glass furniture it might give it that extra something

You can visit this Las Vegas hotel room property for a good example of reflective glass.

vww://utherverse.vww/@128091
1 user thanked Bad_Timmy for this useful post.
missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#16 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2023 5:51:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

as you know I am working on a new project for which I am developing many different props, some of which I am always happy to share.

Today you get from me once again a few plants, but this time plants that are found exclusively outdoors. Wikipedia as well as some other specialized sites concerning forest and wild plants say that:

Quote:
Fragaria vesca, commonly called the wild strawberry, woodland strawberry, Alpine strawberry, Carpathian strawberry or European strawberry, is a perennial herbaceous plant in the rose family that grows naturally throughout much of the Northern Hemisphere.

Friends of mine from the USA assured me that they have seen this plant in the USA as well.

I have had the plant in various stages of growth as photos and have allowed myself the luxury of extracting them and processing them into a total of 6 textures. Are you ready? The first four textures are all made for the prop "Grass 3". Needless to say, all the textures are optimized PNG files, which means for you, when you install the plants, you need to check the "Texture Translucent" in the state tab and best put the value 111 in the box behind it.

For the use of this prop I recommend the realistic size of 0.50 per axis.

I start with the plant in the month of April, many flowers adorn it, from which later the delicious fruits will develop, first small and still green fruits can already be guessed.

A month later, the temperatures are already warmer on average, there is more sun, already more of the flowers have turned into still green fruits. New flowers still appear, and the first few fruits get a red glow.

Another month later, that is, in June, it really starts, now can be nibbled at every walk, if someone is lucky enough to be able to inspire this plant for their own home garden, otherwise the only option is to go to the nearest light-filled forest.

The last texture shows a heavy-bearing Fragaria vesca, as is not uncommon in July. Fruit hangs next to fruit, just waiting to be picked off or nibbled by birds like blackbirds and starlings.

In the last two textures, I once mounted April and May plants on the prop "Tall Grass", the other time June and July plants, also on the prop Tall Grass.

For the use of this prop I recommend the realistic appearing size of around 0.70 least in the Y axis, so that it harmonizes with filling Grass 3 props.

Now I also leave it to you to grab the plants and place them in your garden or at the nearest forest edge, the Prop Tall Grass can be compacted very well with the appropriate Grass 3 props, so that an area overgrown with wild strawberries can be designed realistically.

Have fun and success, stay healthy, divingA

5 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
tor_Wraith_BRnD on 4/15/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 4/19/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 7/3/2023(UTC), Lily_Anne_Rose on 12/10/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2023 8:22:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

the new project I've been working on for quite a while, which I actually started as my contribution to the ZHS, I'll never get it done on time until the ZHS. I'm missing the hours of work that I have to put into my real work additionally as overtime, but I was probably also a bit too ambitious.

As disappointing as my realistic assessment was for me yesterday, the fact as such also brings undeniable benefits. Namely, I can now continue to decorate with appropriate thoroughness, I no longer need to rush, I can rearrange my agenda and no longer need to systematically finish room by room, but can decorate what comes to mind.

And that brings us to my topic for today. Because I needed to check if I might have poked through the ceiling in the attic with some props on the second floor, I stopped in the attic for a bit. And there I got the desire to design some very special things.

Call me quirky, or weird, I can live with that. I wanted to design some first discarded furniture for the attic. Two old desks, their paint splintering and cracking, the handles on the drawers oxidizing and rusting peacefully away.

An old chest, the paint is peeling, as is the case with two old closets, where the paint is also already peeling more.

If you think, like I do, that in RLC, as nice as it can be sometimes, we don't just need to surround ourselves with brand-new objects, but rather devote ourselves a bit more to the reality in which not only we ourselves, but also the objects around us age, feel free to help yourself with the following propmaps.

Give your attic or basement some reality with items that you have discarded, but for whatever reason have not yet entrusted to the bulky waste.

Here come the propmaps, the first two for the Prop Black Tall Dresser:

followed by two propmaps for the Prop Executive Desk Medium:

And finally a propmap for the Prop Chest:

Anyone may grab these propmaps as any others previously posted, buuuuut !!!! ... the propmaps posted in this post are for once dedicated to a person to whom I myself owe many 1000 inspirations. Thanks for that @ Siren says divingA,

with the reality always preserved by you in your layouts, your reaslism, you will always be a shining model for me.

Have fun all, stay healthy, divingA

Siren on 4/24/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 10:41:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello everyone,

before I share with you today again completely different props, I invite you all to laugh at me. Imagine the following situation:

I came home from a tiring night shift and just want to relax a bit with some little deco work + a mug filled with freshly brewed coffee in RLC before I go to bed. I'm currently working on a one-family house that I set on the west coast of Ireland, and I'm currently working on the kitchen there. So I thought I would just fill the kitchen shelves a little more with supplies.

To do this, I first searched the Internet for appropriate pictures of canned Irish Stew. Relatively quickly I found a great series, cans of a company, the contents of the various cans read according to the labels, for example, "Irish Lamb Stew, Country Chicken Stew, Tasty Turkey Stew, Hunters Stew and Hearty Beef Stew". Awww fine, I thought so with me, how great is that, just what I need now!

Quickly I had downloaded the said images and using prepared Prop Map processed them into cans, applicable to the Candle Prop and had great fun doing it. I then finally placed them on my kitchen shelf, had everything almost ready and began to clean up my workspace in the computer, that is, put the prop maps in the appropriate folder and delete the original images.

And only then I noticed what I had overlooked the whole time before because of lack of concentration after a night shift. The cans in question were not food for humans, no, all these cans were cans from a company that ... well? guess it? right, which produces dog food. Grin

So now I had a shelf of a kitchen shelf supposedly filled with delicious varieties of stew, but it was all just dog food. Grin

I then made the best of the situation after laughing heartily at myself, as you can see with the following screen shot:

And now you know why there is dog food here today. If you can use it, take whatever you want from it.

Made for any reasonable scaled "Candle" prop:

Made for any reasonable scaled "Cushion" prop:

Keep having fun with everything you do in this wonderful game, divingA

Architype0 on 4/21/2023(UTC), Dernhelm on 4/23/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 7/3/2023(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 11:08:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello all,

it's been a while since I posted flowerpot propmaps here. At that time I promised to share 5 more designs with you. Now I would like to finally put this promise into action.

As always, there are optimized JPG files from me, for each decor there are two propmaps for you. One shows the flowerpot filled with soil, the other shows the surface covered with fine quartz gravel.

All 10 propmaps have been developed exclusively for the prop "Primitive Cylinder".

I wish you all now a lot of fun and success, here in the game as well as in real life, divingA

Dernhelm on 4/23/2023(UTC), caring_D on 6/2/2023(UTC), missyfungirl on 6/28/2023(UTC), Architype0 on 10/12/2023(UTC)
aangel_l
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2023 9:03:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
the difference between a wild strawberry and one of those big waterfilled grown ones is like grape koolade and grape juice. it's really a shame that some people in this world will never know the taste of a tree ripened pear or a tree ripened peach.