Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Login Patcher
Debbie_Tan
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 8:28:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Is there a way to bypass the Patcher when I login ??

If there is a way, how do I do it.

For years I had an icon on my desktop that landed me in my showroom, which is built on a Basic Vacant Park. When I used this icon the Patcher was a mere flash and it went straight to the sign in page. Since the update that icon doesn't work anymore. I would love to have that ability again, so if anyone knows how to make that work, please share.

It's getting very old sitting and watching the patcher go thru all those file bars, before loading the sign in page, and it's time consuming. It takes so long to log back in after a boot, and then compound that with three or four boots in a row.
"Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

Honorable General Colin Powell
Born: April 5, 1937, Harlem, New York, NY
Died: October 18, 2021, Walter Reed, Bethesda, MD

T2T, St. Jude, Back the Blue, The Dream Foundation, Make-A-Wish
Cala_ULIKHYI
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 9:07:13 AM(UTC)

I want to understand (or the translator so reflects it) that you use your personal viewer (Property> manage world> promote your VWW ...)

And I have to tell you that I use it too, and I had to delete it and download it again 2 times:
  • With, disappearance and new, scripts.
  • After the recent DDoS attack.

So I can only recommend you, uninstall your viewer (Including access icon), and install it again.

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
    The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
  • Debbie_Tan
    #3 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 9:14:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
    Cala_ULIKHYI;1661695 wrote:
    I want to understand (or the translator so reflects it) that you use your personal viewer (Property> manage world> promote your VWW ...)

And I have to tell you that I use it too, and I had to delete it and download it again 2 times:
  • With, disappearance and new, scripts.
  • After the recent DDoS attack.

So I can only recommend you, uninstall your viewer (Including access icon), and install it again.

• I created an icon on my desktop with a shortcut. I then placed the URL Link address to my showroom in the shortcut box. Then for over four years I used this to login to rlc and go directly to my showroom, which bypassed the world and my personal transports.

This hasn't worked for months. It was the update that changed to colors on the chat and toolbars that stopped it from working.
    "Built into each of us is a little calculator that can make judgments that will never appear on a piece of paper. And sometimes you know something's right, you can't prove it to anybody, or you know something's wrong. Little ethical circuit breakers you carry around inside...so I go with my instinct."

A_Seddy
    #4 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 10:06:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
    The shortcuts are still working. If yours do not, just create new ones.
    1 user thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
    Debbie_Tan on 11/29/2020(UTC)
    LazTopCat
    #5 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 10:53:39 AM(UTC)

You can also go to your property manager on your profile. Then click on the property to login that way.

1 user thanked LazTopCat for this useful post.
    Debbie_Tan on 11/29/2020(UTC)
    Debbie_Tan
    #6 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 11:20:48 AM(UTC)

Medals:
    A_Seddy;1661698 wrote:

I've made new shortcuts several times, and I've tried everything else, just short of buying a new computer and starting over.

My main concern is bypassing the patcher if I can, then worry about shortcuts later on.

Debbie_Tan
    #7 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2020 4:25:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    Debbie_Tan;1661704 wrote:
    A_Seddy;1661698 wrote:

I've made new shortcuts several times, and I've tried everything else, just short of buying a new computer and starting over.

My main concern is bypassing the patcher if I can, then worry about shortcuts later on.

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
    A_Seddy on 11/29/2020(UTC)
    The_Black_Rieder
    #8 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 4:48:20 AM(UTC)

You can make a Teleporter button bar. Quite simply a web page with buttons on. Each button tells you where it leads to. Very simple to make and edit too.

https://forums.uthervers...eleporter-Web-Page.aspx

I can help anyone who wants to make and/or edit one. I find this is much easier and more convenient than the in-world Property lists and/or Landmarks.
    NOTE: My nick and image are from a company. That company allows people to use them both as long as they get permission and a licence. I have that and a certificate to prove it.

"These are not the Druids you are looking for..."
    6 users thanked The_Black_Rieder for this useful post.
    Sandra_SD_SoF on 11/30/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 11/30/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 11/30/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 12/2/2020(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 12/2/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 12/3/2020(UTC)
    Debbie_Tan
    #9 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 8:22:12 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    This is what solved my problem.

On the subject of Server Critical Errors, and Crashes. I'm probably the only one in RLC that didn't know this, but I'm going to share it anyway thinking there might be one more that didn't know it.

I have Windows Defender, and I broke down and finally got CC Cleaner, because everyone I know in RLC recommends it, and says it gets everything. Nope

I was sick and tired of everything not working right, so I went on a search and destroy mission and found a file that was almost 20GB attached to my C drive. This file was years of Critical Error, and Crash Reports from RLC stored on my hard drive. I had to manually remove these files, and it took a while, because most of them didn't want to go.

After I was finished removing these files I ran CC Cleaner in every form including registry repair, and it was busy.

I deleted everything Utherverse, and after clearing all Utherverse files I loaded a new one.

The long and the short is, it fixed everything that was wrong with running RLC, and tripled the FPS and improved my Latency while in RLC. The game went from loading the start page from 5 minutes to 15 seconds.

I have no idea why the Crash and Critical Error files are stored on my machine, and I don't really care, but I'm going to be going after them once a month from now on

3 users thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
    Sandra_SD_SoF on 12/1/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 12/2/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 12/3/2020(UTC)
    Cala_ULIKHYI
    #10 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 9:20:30 AM(UTC)

If you can't find the folders:
    Press the 'VIEW' button and activate the 'hidden items' box.

You may be able to delete the entire folder, at your discretion.

The folder should be 'auto created' if when you open the game, it detects that it does not exist (because you deleted it), for the local storage of 'temp files.' Or as I mention Debbie_Tan , for storing 'critical error reports'

Remember that one thing is to delete the folder or files from it, and quite another to manipulate it ...
    don't! Violates the T.O.S
    I. RESPECT AND SAFETY

II

• If you do not know how to proceed ... DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING.

• Debbie_Tan
    #11 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2020 4:55:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    Cala_ULIKHYI;1661801 wrote:

If you can't find the folders:
    Press the 'VIEW' button and activate the 'hidden items' box.

You may be able to delete the entire folder, at your discretion.

The folder should be 'auto created' if when you open the game, it detects that it does not exist (because you deleted it), for the local storage of 'temp files.' Or as I mention Debbie_Tan , for storing 'critical error reports'

Remember that one thing is to delete the folder or files from it, and quite another to manipulate it ...
    I. RESPECT AND SAFETY

II

• If you do not know how to proceed ... DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING.

• My first question is why the fuck would you insinuate that I would manipulate Utherverse files. I simply posted something I found that might be useful to someone else.

Then you think you have to leave a comment like this.

I. RESPECT AND SAFETY

II

I don't see that any thing I did would even come close to manipulating Utherverse files, especially when my post is focused on ( DELETEING ) 20GB of files cluttering my computer. On top of that it's totally up to me what I want on my computer, and what I don't.

It slays me when someone post something that might be useful to others and some self appointed forum cop drops in and post something that insinuates something else totally out of context.

What I know is I got my computer properly cleaned, so it works much better. My login to Utherverse is 20 times faster. My FPS and Latency are much better, and the game runs much smother without all those Crash files cluttering my machine.

1 user thanked Debbie_Tan for this useful post.
    LazTopCat on 12/2/2020(UTC)
    Cala_ULIKHYI
    #12 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2020 8:42:38 AM(UTC)

Well, I'm sorry you think I was referring exclusively to you.

You should see that my answer is complementary to yours, that is, I validate your answer, and I add the way to find the folder without using cleanner (that's why I included your Nick)

The text in color, highlight it for new users who have the same question, or do not know the T.O.S, and read the thread.
    I was MOD. And ADMIN. On other websites and forums ... and I get used to very global responses, maybe that made you feel attacked, and again, my apologies.

And please put 'self proclaimed cop' out of your mind
    I really appreciate the work that STAFS does. MODS. VOLUNTERS.
    Yes, sorry, you sounded the same or more offensive than me.
    (because in addition to referring to users who want to help in their answers, it sounds like it was the obligation of STAFS, MODS, VOLUNTERS, to review and give precise answers, remember that for that you must only go to https://supportclassic.redlightcenter.com/support/home ... not the FORUM.)