Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
How to fix our layouts after the Big One
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#21 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 2:06:45 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Does anyone know how to get props with triggers from disapearing when you click the trigger??
Cala_ULIKHYI
#22 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 6:10:31 PM(UTC)

You mean the icons as triggers?

Only in that case should you take into account the scale of the object and if it is collided or not.
(this figure is autoscaled and crashes when you add a script)
The RED lines are well away from the object, and if you place the mouse within that area, the icon will always be activated, Because it is their function)

Then, you go to the SCALE tab, and modify the scales so that the RED lines are not so thick (remember that below 0.20 it is possible that they will cross the object if you want to keep it colliding)

If your object is not or you do not want it to be collided, remember to deactivate it in STATE (the icon will only be activated within the GREEN lines)

El mundo se muere, el culpable es un parasito... EL SER HUMANO.
The world is dying, the culprit is a parasite ... THE HUMAN.
Red_Queen
#23 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 6:15:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Cala_ULIKHYI Go to Quoted Post
You mean the icons as triggers?
If your object is not or you do not want it to be collided, remember to deactivate it in STATE (the icon will only be activated within the GREEN lines)

That's not entirely correct. The mouse cursors display always within the boundaries of the red collidable, simply, setting colldible off, means the object wont collide and the red lines are "invisible" however the icon still triggers on the red outline that is hidden. This is obviously more noticable on bigger scaled objects.
4 users thanked Red_Queen for this useful post.
Cala_ULIKHYI on 10/16/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 10/17/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 10/17/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#24 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 6:32:28 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the clarification redqueen.

DJ_REBELCOWGIRL

After posting my previous message, I realized that maybe you wanted to say something as seen in the following GIF? (Open a new tab or window, so as not to lose the forum)
If so, I can only provide you with the URL of Marta's TEST workshop
vww://utherverse.vww/@1645154#enter

(The editor is open to any user who wants to experiment with the scripts, don't be afraid of getting confused or creating a fire, Marta has already warned that she periodically reactivates the layout from the web, without having to enter the game)

marta
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 1:49:45 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: DJ_REBELCOWGIRL Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how to get props with triggers from disapearing when you click the trigger??

To hide the objects you must select the "Enable Visibility Toggle" option in the Animated Texture or Cached Web Image scripts of your prop.
Then you can control the object directly by clicking on it enabling "Clickable Trigger", or connecting it to another prop (switch) or to a trigger with the "Trigger Linked Script" script.
In the switch or trigger you will need to enter the Target Prop Id (PID) of your prop. For the switch enable "Clickable Trigger" while for the trigger it must be enabled "Trigger" in the State Tab and don't enable "Activate on Load".

For further information about the Trigger Linked Script you can consult the Utherverse Wiki Utherverse Wiki or Viegoth post or visit my place vww://utherverse.vww/@1645154

5 users thanked marta for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 10/17/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC), P_Dee on 10/17/2020(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 10/17/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 10/17/2020(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 11:08:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: marta Go to Quoted Post

To hide the objects you must select the "Enable Visibility Toggle" option in the Animated Texture or Cached Web Image scripts of your prop.
Then you can control the object directly by clicking on it enabling "Clickable Trigger", or connecting it to another prop (switch) or to a trigger with the "Trigger Linked Script" script.
In the switch or trigger you will need to enter the Target Prop Id (PID) of your prop. For the switch enable "Clickable Trigger" while for the trigger it must be enabled "Trigger" in the State Tab and don't enable "Activate on Load".

For further information about the Trigger Linked Script you can consult the Utherverse Wiki Utherverse Wiki or Viegoth post or visit my place vww://utherverse.vww/@1645154

NO WHEN I CLICK THE DAMN THING IT GOES INVISI AND ACTS LIKE IT IS NOT THERE!!! NEVER HAD THIS DAMN ISSUE BEFORE THIS NEW TRIGGER BULLSHIT THEY DID WITH THIS LAST BIG FUCKED UP PATCH. When i set ANY object that has a trigger it goes invisi and then you cant reclck it again as if it is not there anymore till you f5. then it will come back and do it again till you f5 again. when all we had to do is set the prop to have a trigger to move or move around in world and the prop would stay were you can see it and you can click it on over and over and the next person can to WITHOUT having to f5 to make it come back. im asking what are the damn rules for triggers now.

marta
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 12:08:52 PM(UTC)

NO WHEN I CLICK THE DAMN THING IT GOES INVISI AND ACTS LIKE IT IS NOT THERE!!! NEVER HAD THIS DAMN ISSUE BEFORE THIS NEW TRIGGER BULLSHIT THEY DID WITH THIS LAST BIG FUCKED UP PATCH. When i set ANY object that has a trigger it goes invisi and then you cant reclck it again as if it is not there anymore till you f5. then it will come back and do it again till you f5 again. when all we had to do is set the prop to have a trigger to move or move around in world and the prop would stay were you can see it and you can click it on over and over and the next person can to WITHOUT having to f5 to make it come back. im asking what are the damn rules for triggers now.

What are you talking about?

If you don't check the "Enable Visibity Toggle" option everything is as before the patch and nothing becomes invisible.

These options and scripts are additional things we can do interesting things with, but if you don't want to use them, you don't have to do anything different than before and everything remains unchanged
2 users thanked marta for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 10/17/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 10/17/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 1:38:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sorry for coming in only at this stage. From your first post onward something was suggesting to me that you might be using the trigger setting shown here below. Should that really be the case, I can tell you that any object will turn invisible when you tick it. It is not meant to be used with objects, but only with trigger boxes as far as my humble knowledge goes.
Just tell us what precisely you want to do, and I am sure that many here will be happy to explain how to achieve it.

1 user thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 10/19/2020(UTC)
EM_Lockiel
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:07:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
How do you fix spotlights? that script is now all screwed up I want the spotlight to stay horizontal and not go all over the damn place also the rotate door script is all screwed up as well to. I know we needed updates but trying to work the kinks out is going to be a pain in the ass though.
So far all i can do with the spot is make it go vertical or in circles which it is not supposed to be doing and now rotate door script opens but it doesn't close at all.
1 user thanked EM_Lockiel for this useful post.
HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 12/14/2020(UTC)
marta
#30 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 4:05:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: EM_Lockiel Go to Quoted Post
How do you fix spotlights? that script is now all screwed up I want the spotlight to stay horizontal and not go all over the damn place also the rotate door script is all screwed up as well to. I know we needed updates but trying to work the kinks out is going to be a pain in the ass though.
So far all i can do with the spot is make it go vertical or in circles which it is not supposed to be doing and now rotate door script opens but it doesn't close at all.

The answers to your questions are in the first post of this thread, which was written to be read Wink

Spotlight:
Rotating objects.
The old Rotate Object CCW and Rotate Object CW scripts must be replaced with the new Rotate Object.
Again if you don't remember what the rotating objects were, I advise you to look very carefully in the props list. Here you can also check which rotation was previously set.
The new script has the advantage of movement in the three axes and must be enabled with "Activate on Load" in the state tab.
The previous script rotated the objects on the Y axis, so to restore the old movement a number between 0.01÷6.28 must be set in Velociy Yaw (Y-Axys), 0.00 in Velociy Picth (X-Axis) and 0.00 in Velociy Roll (Z-Axis).
I recommend setting the script first and then enabling Activate on Load.

Doors:
The old RotateDoorOpen script now malfunctions and needs to be replaced with the new Door Object.
The basic script settings are quite intuitive but you need to remember to enable "Clickable Trigger" in the State tab.
The standard parameters of the script are correct to restore the old openings, just check the Direction in Left or Right.
If you want to correct the opening angle, Rotation 1.57 corresponds to 90°, for Rotation of 180° it is 3.14

Originally Posted by: EM_Lockiel Go to Quoted Post
...now rotate door script opens but it doesn't close at all.

to close the door... by ticking "Auto-Close" in the script you can choose whether to close it automatically and you can also set the closing time, or manually by clicking on it
3 users thanked marta for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 10/19/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 12/14/2020(UTC), Pryss_2 on 7/7/2021(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#31 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:46:08 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I followed all the instructions for rotate object and clicked the activate on load. Welllllll all hell broke loose I now have lasers shooting through the floor through the ceiling right up to the sky. What the Sam hill happen they look like sending out batman signal not to mention hitting you dead on in face blinding you. Ugh I need some food and think about how to fix this a minute.
1 user thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Cala_ULIKHYI on 10/19/2020(UTC)
marta
#32 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 11:42:55 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ASultryWmn Go to Quoted Post
I followed all the instructions for rotate object and clicked the activate on load. Welllllll all hell broke loose I now have lasers shooting through the floor through the ceiling right up to the sky. What the Sam hill happen they look like sending out batman signal not to mention hitting you dead on in face blinding you. Ugh I need some food and think about how to fix this a minute.

following the instructions means reading everything to the end, including the last line especially when it starts with "I recommend..." Wink
3 users thanked marta for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 10/19/2020(UTC), Cala_ULIKHYI on 10/19/2020(UTC), Pryss_2 on 7/7/2021(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#33 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 1:29:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
roflmao yeah get a pro to fix the mess. My eyes going funny now looking at all the glitz and glitter even when i shut it down.
2 users thanked ASultryWmn for this useful post.
Cala_ULIKHYI on 10/19/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 12/14/2020(UTC)
Cala_ULIKHYI
#34 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 1:55:42 PM(UTC)

ASultryWmn Don't take me wrong ... just my head says .....

LOL LOL LOL Oh, little bird, accustomed to the darkness of the caves, lit by the force of 300,000millions of lumens Cool Cool Cool .. Time to go out into the daylight and put the chicken body in the sun Rolleyes Rolleyes

Paul_FW
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2021 12:32:46 AM(UTC)

Just a quick Question as i have been away, after all the additions, is their a summary of whats new, from the point of activate on load onwards.

Like linking light controls etc and other prop and prop edit additions. what is removed or moved and replaced, I know the naming of props has had a re-work. And that flash is pretty much dead as the DODO.
Just wondering, or should I say hoping if there is a rolling list of additions or alterations.

Any Info appreciated Smile
1 user thanked Paul_FW for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 7/7/2021(UTC)
Sandra_SD_SoF
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2021 1:23:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Paul_FW Go to Quoted Post
Just a quick Question as i have been away, after all the additions, is their a summary of whats new, from the point of activate on load onwards.

Like linking light controls etc and other prop and prop edit additions. what is removed or moved and replaced, I know the naming of props has had a re-work. And that flash is pretty much dead as the DODO.
Just wondering, or should I say hoping if there is a rolling list of additions or alterations.

Take a look here Paul:

https://www.redlightcenter.com/news/
2 users thanked Sandra_SD_SoF for this useful post.
Paul_FW on 7/7/2021(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 7/7/2021(UTC)
Anhton_Novo
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2021 8:54:44 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sandra_SD_dO Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paul_FW Go to Quoted Post

Take a look here Paul:

https://www.redlightcenter.com/news/

You can also click on News at the top of your main social page and it should bring up the latest information. I notice right now there's a red NEW beside it to draw your attention to it.
2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 7/7/2021(UTC), Pryss_2 on 7/7/2021(UTC)