Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
How to fix our layouts after the Big One
marta
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:51:18 PM(UTC)

For those approaching layout arrangements after the last patch, here are some tips for getting the job right.

The props to be fixed are all the ones with the lighting scripts, emitters, sprites, play music, move within bound box, rotation and doors.

For Rotate Object and RotateDoor the old script must be replaced with the new ones, for all the others it is necessary to activate them by selecting Activate on Load "in the state tab.

Considering that many of these scripts are inserted in invisible objects, I recommend looking "very carefully" in the props list for the following scripts:
Audio Play Music
Emitter
Light Area
Light Area (Extended)
Light Source
Light Strobe
Light Strobe
Move within Bound Box
Sprite Animate

After opening the props just enable "Activate on Load" in the state tab.

I recommend also checking the list of scrips 2 and 3 because often these scripts are added to others. For example the flame of a candle is added as Sprite Animate as well as a textur loaded with Cached Web Imagine.

Particular precautions must be followed for objects with Move within Bound Box movement.
If you notice that your prop has pauses in its movement, it is necessary to type the value 0 in the Turn Delay and obviously, as you well know, the initial position of the object must be checked to avoid that the fish in an aquarium do not swim in the living room.

Rotating objects.
The old Rotate Object CCW and Rotate Object CW scripts must be replaced with the new Rotate Object.
Again if you don't remember what the rotating objects were, I advise you to look very carefully in the props list. Here you can also check which rotation was previously set.
The new script has the advantage of movement in the three axes and must be enabled with "Activate on Load" in the state tab.
The previous script rotated the objects on the Y axis, so to restore the old movement a number between 0.01÷6.28 must be set in Velociy Yaw (Y-Axys), 0.00 in Velociy Picth (X-Axis) and 0.00 in Velociy Roll (Z-Axis).
I recommend setting the script first and then enabling Activate on Load.

Doors.
The old RotateDoorOpen script now malfunctions and needs to be replaced with the new Door Object.
The basic script settings are quite intuitive but you need to remember to enable "Clickable Trigger" in the State tab.
The standard parameters of the script are correct to restore the old openings, just check the Direction in Left or Right.
If you want to correct the opening angle, Rotation 1.57 corresponds to 90°, for Rotation of 180° it is 3.14

I hope this help.
35 users thanked marta for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 9/23/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), Zaya_Designs on 9/23/2020(UTC), Celendra_S1 on 9/23/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 9/23/2020(UTC), divingA_WnC on 9/23/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/23/2020(UTC), MAJI_DHS on 9/23/2020(UTC), Bad_Timmy on 9/24/2020(UTC), Christine_x on 9/24/2020(UTC), Siren on 9/24/2020(UTC), THORIUMTWO on 9/24/2020(UTC), DJ_Morgan_RRR on 9/24/2020(UTC), Cassey on 9/24/2020(UTC), P_Dee on 9/24/2020(UTC), Azure_Waters on 9/25/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/25/2020(UTC), Pinks_Liplock on 9/26/2020(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 9/26/2020(UTC), Penycat_FTMC on 9/27/2020(UTC), mikeme69MDM_DECO on 9/28/2020(UTC), Peaches_TPF on 9/29/2020(UTC), Libby_Kendall on 10/10/2020(UTC), NUSKA on 10/10/2020(UTC), BB_Licious on 10/10/2020(UTC), MrsPurrs_Suns_56 on 10/10/2020(UTC), ELDR_MOJO_CDA_DA on 10/11/2020(UTC), Jocasta_delite on 10/12/2020(UTC), Sunrider56 on 10/19/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 12/14/2020(UTC), Stonedwookie on 7/7/2021(UTC), Jocelyn on 12/20/2022(UTC), xXx_SassyAss_xXx on 1/1/2024(UTC), Sheila_R on 4/15/2024(UTC)
Chantal
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1:25:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have been going over my own places and so far it didn't really seem that much of a difficulty. In fact everything martha said will simple repair the places.

But instead of just replacing I gone a few steps further and improved alot of the things in my places.

My doors now automatically open for people who approach them. I basically added a trigger box around the door and added the trigger linked prop script, then added the PID from the door to this script and now the doors open on approach, no more clicking no more nada of that. I also been adding sliding doors where I think they should be instead of rotating doors.

As for the rotating scripts I have also gone through some of my places and updated props that weren't rotating cause they were not rotating on right axis to rotate on the new axis. For those who want the old rotating pick Velocity Y, this does what what the old rotate CW and CWW scripts did.

Knowing how to work the prop list in the prop editor saves a bunch of time! Make sure to toggle to see which script is on a prop instead of the ID.
I setup a Discord for everyone!

Feel free to join at: https://discord.gg/4CgshQF

Need some help, visit: https://utherverse.fandom.com/wiki/Utherverse_Wiki
8 users thanked Chantal for this useful post.
marta on 9/23/2020(UTC), A_Seddy on 9/24/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/24/2020(UTC), P_Dee on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/25/2020(UTC), Peaches_TPF on 9/29/2020(UTC), Pryss on 10/16/2020(UTC), xXx_SassyAss_xXx on 1/1/2024(UTC)
marta
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:03:55 PM(UTC)

hi Chantal,

I know very well that we can do new things, but now I think it is important to go back to normal and reassure those who know little about the prop editor by guiding them in the essential steps.

Regarding the news, we will have all the time to know and learn them, but of course, if you've had time to try something, you're welcome to show us some tricks.
6 users thanked marta for this useful post.
LazTopCat on 9/23/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/23/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/25/2020(UTC), Mrs_Xhris_SD_1 on 9/26/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC), Sheila_R on 4/28/2024(UTC)
LadyDark_hC
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:43:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
which props of the editor are using the old rotation script? well the fan prop and all doors props (not the rotation door prop) and Signs with attached web image to show doors together with the old rotation script to make it open, which was more and close to real instead of now with the new script.

so how the fan prop should work and rotate again like it was before, because now it is not possible to make it rotate like it was before with the new scripts and this has also confirmed by the techs.

Signs that have been use the catch web image with a door pic file together with the old rotation script are now also not more realistic open doors under the new script.
same is with all other door props that have been used the old rotation props to open doors.

i talked to one of the techs in world and it was said that the NEW ROTATION SCRIPT is ONLY to use on the Rotation door prop and nowhere else to make the rotation door rotate, because for this prop was the new script only developed. They are also activ talking to try and bring back the old more realitic rotation scripts again because to reduce the laggs and bugs of the new script and changes that have been made and will be made to the prop editor.

fixing the music script prop is easy for evryone but rest is a mess to all basic members because they cant fix it.
Quote:
"Take people as they are, others do not exist." Konrad Adenauer (1st chancellor of germany)

Quote:
"Make yourself unpopular once then you will be taken seriously."Konrad Adenauer (1st chancellor of germany)

marta
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:20:46 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: LadyDark_hC Go to Quoted Post
which props of the editor are using the old rotation script? well the fan prop and all doors props (not the rotation door prop) and Signs with attached web image to show doors together with the old rotation script to make it open, which was more and close to real instead of now with the new script.

so how the fan prop should work and rotate again like it was before, because now it is not possible to make it rotate like it was before with the new scripts and this has also confirmed by the techs.

Signs that have been use the catch web image with a door pic file together with the old rotation script are now also not more realistic open doors under the new script.
same is with all other door props that have been used the old rotation props to open doors.

i talked to one of the techs in world and it was said that the NEW ROTATION SCRIPT is ONLY to use on the Rotation door prop and nowhere else to make the rotation door rotate, because for this prop was the new script only developed. They are also activ talking to try and bring back the old more realitic rotation scripts again because to reduce the laggs and bugs of the new script and changes that have been made and will be made to the prop editor.

fixing the music script prop is easy for evryone but rest is a mess to all basic members because they cant fix it.

I don't know who is the technician who gave you this information, but I have now tried a door made with the sign and one with the wall and they work fine if the script is set as I said before and the Clickable Trigger is enabled in the state tab.

I also tried a Ceilin Fan with Oval Leaft and it rotates perfectly as before by setting the value 5.00 in Velociy Yaw (Y-Axys) and Activate on Load enabled.

As for the Basic members, I have already written my opinion here https://forums.utherverse.com/ya...roperty-Prop-Editor.aspx
3 users thanked marta for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/24/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC)
Viegoth
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:31:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: LadyDark_hC Go to Quoted Post

This sounds like a complete farce to me.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
5 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 9/23/2020(UTC), Playmaur on 9/23/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC), Pryss_2 on 7/7/2021(UTC)
EMP_Contessa_Mel
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:55:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I am using uploadhouse.com for a lot of the graphics in my properties and they are not coming in now on those props but when I copy and paste the graphic location in a url window it shows. Have you banned uploadhouse.com graphics now?
A_Seddy
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 1:25:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: EMP_Contessa_Mel Go to Quoted Post
I am using uploadhouse.com for a lot of the graphics in my properties and they are not coming in now on those props but when I copy and paste the graphic location in a url window it shows. Have you banned uploadhouse.com graphics now?

Could you please post a sample for which kind of link this hosting is providing you? No hosting site could or would be banned. But if the link type they are providing is not in the format that the Prop Editor requires, it simply cannot work.
3 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 9/24/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 6:53:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Apologies if the spotlight prop was already mentioned in this or another thread.

So I was having trouble getting my Spotlight 3 to rotate from a fixed point at the prop fixture end.

Last night my friend Play stopped by and said, only use the Y-Axis. Check nothing else and everything else to 0. I had tried that already, and it didn’t work.

In the end, and in the case of “Rotate Object” settings for “Spotlight 3” anyway, what Marta said about setting “Script” first before checking the “Activate on Load” box on the “State” tab is absolutely necessary. If you don’t it will rotate the colored texture (light) .png on all Axis’s, not the Y-Axis.
Cassey attached the following image(s):
4Capture.jpg (33kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try and register.
2 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Pryss on 9/26/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 10/10/2020(UTC)
Empar17
#10 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 5:15:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If all this must be changed, WHY IT IS NOT CHANGED AUTOMATICALLY by the responsibles of the game?.

All peolpe thata have not knowledges about decoration will lose the interest for broken decoration.

I would suggest:

1) Offer an automatic change.
2) Offer 1?, 2?, 3? free VIP days to be able to change all scripts in their zabys.

Keep in mind, because if not, people will forget directly to order decorations to the Decorator if they have the risk that was broken.
Cassey
#11 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 7:06:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Empar17 Go to Quoted Post
If all this must be changed, WHY IT IS NOT CHANGED AUTOMATICALLY by the responsibles of the game?.

All peolpe thata have not knowledges about decoration will lose the interest for broken decoration.

I would suggest:

2) Offer 1?, 2?, 3? free VIP days to be able to change all scripts in their zabys.

Keep in mind, because if not, people will forget directly to order decorations to the Decorator if they have the risk that was broken.

I read somewhere here in the forums after the update that they were told “Activate on Load” could not be set by default because of how our layouts are saved for each of us individually. It would be nice if a Dev or someone from staff would confirm that here in the forums though. Unless they did and I missed it.
1 user thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/26/2020(UTC)
Bad_Timmy
#12 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 7:46:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Cassey Go to Quoted Post

I would suggest:

I read somewhere here in the forums after the update that they were told “Activate on Load” could not be set by default because of how our layouts are saved for each of us individually. It would be nice if a Dev or someone from staff would confirm that here in the forums though. Unless they did and I missed it.

It's been said several times in several posts. Now I know I don't have the most extensive collection of properties around here, but I have to say.. getting them all back up and running was easy peasy. Takes about 5 minutes a property. Plus the time expended to play with the new actions and finding out how cool they are. If nothing else, properties seem to load much faster and the graphics are better - sharper images and contrast.
6 users thanked Bad_Timmy for this useful post.
Cassey on 9/25/2020(UTC), Nefarious_Needs on 9/25/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/25/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC), HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 12/14/2020(UTC), Pryss_2 on 7/7/2021(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#13 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 9:52:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Bad_Timmy Go to Quoted Post

I would suggest:

It's been said several times in several posts. Now I know I don't have the most extensive collection of properties around here, but I have to say.. getting them all back up and running was easy peasy. Takes about 5 minutes a property. Plus the time expended to play with the new actions and finding out how cool they are. If nothing else, properties seem to load much faster and the graphics are better - sharper images and contrast.

Yes your right tim, but don't tell some that they are still trying to figure out how to screw in a light bulb.Brick wall Brick wall
1 user thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
HONEY_ALWYS_RnS on 12/14/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#14 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:10:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Nef_The_Evolved Go to Quoted Post

I would suggest:

Yes your right tim, but don't tell some that they are still trying to figure out how to screw in a light bulb.Brick wall Brick wall

Seriously? That is your contribution to this Nef?
2 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Nefarious_Needs on 9/25/2020(UTC), AGds_Wolfie_ESLD on 10/9/2020(UTC)
Nefarious_Needs
#15 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 10:42:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Nef_The_Evolved Go to Quoted Post

I would suggest:

Seriously? That is your contribution to this Nef?

Yes, it is, How many people does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Let me answer that the ones who complained for years and years for change, and when it finally comes, they complain about the change, fix that if you can.
1 user thanked Nefarious_Needs for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC)
MrsJesse_Jade
#16 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2020 1:41:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
How does the Activate on Load work..i have restored all my properties from PB now when enter them see the PB logo again and all were saved and fine before last Big change ty
marta
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:31:07 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jade_7 Go to Quoted Post
How does the Activate on Load work..i have restored all my properties from PB now when enter them see the PB logo again and all were saved and fine before last Big change ty

I doubt that "Activate on Load" has anything to do with the PB logo. It's a new option that allows us to interact with the scripts listed in my first post and doesn't affect the images.
To remove the PB logo you have to replace all the textures by hosting them in a different site or pay the subscription to PB.
Easy repair systems like to put "~" before the link hasn't been working for a long time.
7 users thanked marta for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 10/10/2020(UTC), BB_Licious on 10/10/2020(UTC), The_Black_Rieder on 10/10/2020(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 10/10/2020(UTC), Pryss on 10/10/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 10/11/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC)
Jennie_K_RSC_FAC
#18 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:01:04 AM(UTC)

Hi! How can i fix the ambient sounds that i cannot hear anymore since the Big script updates? These are sounds of waves and birds and monks singing etc.. that was put by the designer when i bought the zaby.. these ambient sounds never fail before..
Anhton_Novo
#19 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 9:39:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Jennie_K Go to Quoted Post
Hi! How can i fix the ambient sounds that i cannot hear anymore since the Big script updates? These are sounds of waves and birds and monks singing etc.. that was put by the designer when i bought the zaby.. these ambient sounds never fail before..

The original Sound Props should not need Activate on Load like some of the new sound scripts do. Check the STATE tab and see if there's anything in the State: box at the top. If it's empty put the word fakesound in it.

I'm hoping this will work for you. Please let us know.

Best,

Anhton
2 users thanked Anhton_Novo for this useful post.
A_Seddy on 10/16/2020(UTC), Never_Lost on 10/17/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#20 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 12:03:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Jennie_K Go to Quoted Post

Hi, the ambient sounds were not affected by the recent update. To find the sounds in your property use the prop list in Prop Editor and then check like Anhton_Novo has explained here above.
[/url][/img]
1 user thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 10/16/2020(UTC)