Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Is the Madness in the Music
bandia
#1 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 7:41:59 PM(UTC)

Now that I've leveled a Horde toon to lvl 60 (my first real Horde) I have come to some better conclusions about the differences between Horde and Alliance. First off when it comes to doing battle grounds the prime times for both sides have remained consistent.

The following primary battle ground times are for eastern standard time and although they aren't 100% they are very consistent. Best times to BG are as follows.

1am - 6am: Alliance

6am - 10am: Horde

10am - 2pm: Alliance

2pm - 7pm: Horde

7pm - 1am: Horde

If you follow those time frames you will generally win more BG's than you lose.

One big difference I have noticed is the different atmosphere between the 2 factions. At first I thought it had to do with the core population of each faction. It does seem that the Alliance attracts more younger children than the Horde does. It really does seem that way but I really don't believe that is true. What I do think is true is that adults who play on the Alliance side tend to act immature in game.

So why do the factions behave differently? Well I honestly think it has something to do with the ambient music being played. On the Alliance side it is hero/Disney music. On the other hand much of the Horde ambient music always seems to have a hint of the drums of war and I believe these subtle differences in sounds have a subtle psychological effect on the people who play.
MrsTLdarkechylde
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:21:51 AM(UTC)

You brought up some good points on the music. I do prefer the music used for the horde side more. My favorite though has to be the music played at the end of a horde questline that takes place in Tirisfal (sp?), anyhoo down the coast from the Undercity. Its basically running concurrent with the worgen opening quest and brings you up to where Lady Sylvannas meets with them. During the final run down to the gates there is a beautiful song that plays, someone on WoW forums said its called Lament of the Highborne. I have to say it was a great choice as far as suiting that part of the questline.
Perve Me! I dare ya!

Love your haters...their your biggest fans!

They are scarred for the simple fact that no one explained to them that they were supposed to burn their bras AFTER they took them off....~Fuck Wad Tongue

bandia
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:42:05 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MrsTLdarkechylde Go to Quoted Post
You brought up some good points on the music. I do prefer the music used for the horde side more. My favorite though has to be the music played at the end of a horde questline that takes place in Tirisfal (sp?), anyhoo down the coast from the Undercity. Its basically running concurrent with the worgen opening quest and brings you up to where Lady Sylvannas meets with them. During the final run down to the gates there is a beautiful song that plays, someone on WoW forums said its called Lament of the Highborne. I have to say it was a great choice as far as suiting that part of the questline.

http://www.youtube.com/w...;feature=player_embedded

I think this is it. It does show a picture of a Bloodelf place. Yes is is very beautiful.
bandia
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:44:43 AM(UTC)

I often hear hints of Rick Wakeman from Yes too. I used to listen to Journey to The Center of the Earth when I was a kid. My dad loved Yes. If it isn't Rick Wakeman it is a total ripoff of his style.
Absinthia_PCD
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:57:31 AM(UTC)

I don't suppose this is where I should say that I always have the sound turned off and play my own music?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

I Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Quote:
Exercise is a dirty word - Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.-Lucy Van Pelt

Horrorfiend
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:10:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I don't suppose this is where I should say that I always have the sound turned off and play my own music? ~ Absinthia_RMG

Im the same way, I have one of those music players in my RLC profile. The first thing I do is log on to my RLC profile, then WOW. Then I get to kill things to the music of Rahmstein, Alice Cooper, Blackmores Night etc....
"The best customer of American industry is the well paid worker" ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”~ Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

Advice from your friendly neighborhood bat~ Trust in your senses....Get a grip...Enjoy the nightlife....Guano happens

The Little Toe~Designed specifically to geo-locate furniture in low light conditions....