Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Clothing/Tattoos FYI
Tony
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:17:11 PM(UTC)

Hello,

We are still working on the next release with many map additions and the revised avatar texture layout. We used an automated process to reconfigure all of the old textures for skin/tattoos/underwear and clothing to our new layout.

There were 3500+ textures that were reprocessed and the end result worked pretty good but not perfectly. You will see some small visible seams in different areas of the avatars bodies as the conversion process was not perfect and we don't have the time to retouch by hand 3500+ textures.

The game development process is one of trying to make the smartest compromises possible between quality, time and budget. In this case I wanted to preserve all of your hard work and contributions of user made content. Perfection is the enemy of good enough.

Moving forward though we will eventually want to replace all of the existing textures with new ones at a higher resolution. This process is months away at this point and we will be consulting with the RLC user community for your input as the process progresses.

I think you are all going to really enjoy the next release. Our maps artists Mike, Gordon and Chris raised the quality bar to the next level and you will be amazed at the results. I am extremely proud of their accomplishments for this next release.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:17:40 PM(UTC)

#3 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:53:26 AM(UTC)