Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
User-made clothes (how-to save)
morninghoneybee
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:37:18 AM(UTC)

Ok I know this is covered here and there throughout the forums, but I have been searching pretty much all day and am tired.

How do you take clothes/textures/jewelry etc that other members have made and how do you save them in the redlightcenter program file?

I can not wait until RLC opens up the 'clothes shops'! lol

x MHB
jonpussylover
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:13:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
To just see what other people are wearing go to a designers thread or blog (RudyVasalina as an ex)
1 right click the piece you want to save and save as my documents My Pictures.

2 go to your Windows start tab (lower left on your screen) then my computer, then local disc (usually Disc C) �then Program Files then open the red light file then the resource file.

�3 depending on if it's male or female clothes open the appropriate file

a) if it's shirts, tops or underware open the texture file
     b) if it's a skirt, dress or gown open the attachments file then the texture file that you see.

�4 with one of those files open you then open my pic file in you document file where you saved them

�5 reduce the size of each window so they are side by side. Scroll down my pics until you see the piece then drag it to the �RLC texture file you have open

�6 you are done.

�7 now go back to RLC and either log off, or change dimensions and then come back you should see that persons designer clothes.

with a little practice it goes quickly and smoothly. belive me it's fun to see the clothes no one else is wearing and with my gf being a clothes nut i do it almost daily.

To wear designer clothes you must go into the my info in the RLC files �and change the code for either Clothingtorsomap or clothinglegmap after the = sign but that is more complicated and takes more time, so start witht the basics above before trying to change or modify codes

morninghoneybee
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:46:39 AM(UTC)

Thank you!  Smile I think I got the hang of it. Now I have another question! If we can add clothes to the texture files can we also delete them? Like for example, there are some wings that I cant stand! Can I delete them from the file and will they stay deleted?  I know these are prolly basic questions, but they are questions that I do not know the answer to! lol

x MHB
jonpussylover
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:05:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Yes you can right click  then click delete
jonpussylover
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:08:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
i meant right click on the one you want to delete then click delete then yes
morninghoneybee
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:22:53 AM(UTC)

Thanks once again! One of the designers here gave me a step by step guide on making my own designs. Im going to try my hand at it one day soon!
jonpussylover
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:10:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
good luck with it and let sweetlikechoc and i know when you do make them. And please don't forget us guys need some decent clothes wew get tired of tees shorts and dungarees ;-))
morninghoneybee
#8 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 5:11:50 AM(UTC)

lol ok I made my 1st outfit. Its not very good, but hey, it IS my 1st attempt.

The thing is, I saved them properly (i think) and put them in the proper folders (female, attach, textures for the skirt; female, textures or the shirt). I wanted to do a screen shot to see exactly what they look like on the avatar. But I cant find my outfit in the customize option in RLC. Can you help me out?

Here's the outfit anyway. Like I said, not very good and prolly need alot of tweaking. Undecided

morninghoneybee
#9 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 5:13:03 AM(UTC)

and the skirt
morninghoneybee
#10 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 5:14:14 AM(UTC)

The top looks better than the skirt i think.  I did the skirt last night and the top this morning.
morninghoneybee
#11 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 8:52:22 AM(UTC)

ok here is a pic of me wearing my new top! It doesnt look too bad, actually!  Now for a 'how-to question'  How do I get the skirt to show up?  This is myinfo pad with my outfit highlighted.  Is it correct?  If it isnt, how do I fix it? If it is, why wont it show up?

[Model]
WUserName=New_User
mesh=HF.msh
1stPerson=FALSE
Scale=1
SkinHeadMap=HFOH001_03.jpg
SkinEyeMap=HFUE_brown.jpg
SkinTorsoMap=HFOT001_Ruby.jpg
SkinLegMap=HFOL001_Ruby.jpg
ClothingHeadMap=
ClothingEyeMap=
[highlight]ClothingTorsoMap=HFUT_burgundysparkletop.png
ClothingLegMap=HF_skirt_mini_burgundysparkle.png[/highlight]
SexClothingHeadMap=
SexClothingEyeMap=
SexClothingTorsoMap=
SexClothingLegMap=
morninghoneybee
#12 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 9:18:11 AM(UTC)

Ok i figured it out....for some reason it would only show up if I put the skirt in female > textures  instead of female > attachments > textures.  They look like really weird shorts...but kinda cool!

front
morninghoneybee
#13 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2007 9:20:37 AM(UTC)

and back.   I put the black stockings on as my underwear. They are not part of my original outfit.
no_leaf
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:29:13 AM(UTC)

hey to everyone,

i made lots of outfits (including superman outfit too lol) but i guess noone can see my outfit.. is this becouse of that they didn't add my outfits to their local folder in textures  or is there any other reason?

have fun you all
'¯`°²¤ArieL¤²°`¯' EvErY bODy nEeDs A "Lois Lane"...
cOz SoMeTimeS HeRoEs NeeD tO bE SAVED!! '¯`°²¤AraNeL ALdaRioN¤²°`¯'
morninghoneybee
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:42:42 AM(UTC)

Did you make them with the old uvs or the new ones?

Also, people can only see your textures if they have them in their texture folders, yes.
Make sure you upload them to your textures section in your profile. (That way RLC can add them in the next patch/update)
no_leaf
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:50:03 PM(UTC)

thanks for reply,

i made new ones ,  but i uploaded only one suit   and i guess game moderators didnt like it lol anyway  thats ok, maybe in future they make something like you can use it directly when you upload it to server Smile
'¯`°²¤ArieL¤²°`¯' EvErY bODy nEeDs A "Lois Lane"...
cOz SoMeTimeS HeRoEs NeeD tO bE SAVED!! '¯`°²¤AraNeL ALdaRioN¤²°`¯'
Imagin
#17 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2007 2:59:59 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=morninghoneybee link=1190212638/0#5 date=1190290973]Thanks once again! One of the designers here gave me a step by step guide on making my own designs. Im going to try my hand at it one day soon! [/quote]

Could you please post  those step by step directions so I can learn to do this? �Its fascinatiing to me!!! :D[size=18][/size]
Its not what you gather in life,
Its what you scatter that leaves
your mark....
morninghoneybee
#18 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2007 3:27:54 PM(UTC)

ok majorly simplified easy version.  ;D  Step 1: download Gimp (google it)  Step 2:  Go to male and female UV threads and copy the UVs and paste in your picture folder on your pc.  Step 3:  Find a picture of an outfit you want to make (keep it simple until you learn your way around Gimp).  Step 4: Open Gimp and open the UV (either male or fem) as a layer.  Step 5: Create a new layer on top of the UV.  Step 6:  Mess around with all the functions until you figure it out and end up (miraculously) with a close aproxamation of the picture.  Step 7:  Delete the uv layer, while keeping your actual work.  Step 8:  Save your work as .png  (ex a fem top would be saved as HFUT_shirt.png)

Have a play with all the tools esp dodge and burn and the different textures and brushes.  Alot of it, believe it or not is trial and error.  PRACTICE!!! If you take a look at my thread 'MHB's Clothing Beetique' you can see my latest outfits.  I have decided to be adventurous on my next female outfit and have a go at MAJOR pleats!  Shocked  But that's AFTER I buy my new laptop (tomorrow) and redownload gimp and RLC and several other progs (including my broadband)!  :D

x MHB