Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Clothing Texture How To
firedraken
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:52:09 AM(UTC)

I am trying to make a female pants texture and when i load it into the game it doesn't show up.  Yes, I have it in the right directory and its a .png file.  What do I need to do?  I have followed this guide to no avail and have searched the forum before asking.

Here is the file its a mod of the xmas_cowgirl pants
Shuqoyqa
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:06:48 PM(UTC)

It works for me.

In C:/Program Files/RedLightCenter/RedlightCenter/ find the file myinfo.ini and open it with Notepad, change the appropriate line to:

ClothingLegMap=UFUL_cowgirl_test.png

... and save it, then in RLC go Customise => Don't Change to see it.
bullet45acp
#43 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2007 12:46:53 PM(UTC)

What happened to the "My Textures" link.  I finally got around to making a T-Shirt, and I can't upload it...

Thanks,
Bullet
adamski
#44 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2007 3:00:23 PM(UTC)

How can I include creases to my textures please?
Shuqoyqa
#45 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2007 1:09:15 AM(UTC)

Your My Textures button is in very small text next do your default userpic on your RLC Social homepage and  this link should go there.

Adamski, I do wrinkles with the Dodge/Burn tool in Gimp, using a small, blurry brush and low exposure. Draw a few lines with Dodge for the upper sides of the wrinkles and then go along under them with Burn for the shaded undersides. Don't forget that the top-lit side of a wrinkle on the arm is below the shaded underside in the texture file. Keep the wrinkles small. On a shirt, I put them just above the waist where the fabric sags against a waistband. On the red dresses there are wrinkles radiating from the places where the laces pull the fabric tight, although they're a bit big and look more like a deliberate frothy fabric.

For gentler folding, use a larger brush and lower exposure. The Steph / SummerBreeze wedding dress skirt has a lot of dodge and burn strokes layered on top of each other on each layer of the skirt texture, and when I drew in the shadow under each layer I selected only what was empty space in that layer and not empty space in the next layer down and then drew the shadow (with Paintbrush, Circle Fuzzy (05) and black at 15% opacity, I think) not just along the edge of the skirt but along inside it in the darkened parts and just outside it in the brightened to give the shadow varied depth and extent to match the folds in the skirt:

bullet45acp
#46 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2007 7:15:54 PM(UTC)

Thanks - I see it now..

Total brain fade...

Thanks,
Bullet
Shuqoyqa
#47 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2007 10:00:20 PM(UTC)

To save a lot of bumping, here are the "how to wear" and "textures for dummies" threads.

[quote author=blujns link=1170239907/0#0 date=1170239907]to wear right clik on the pic and save to My Computer:C program files  redlightcenter redlightcenter resources female textures OR male  then edit your ini file:

My Computer:C program files  redlightcenter redlightcenter  look for myinfo  
The new system is alittle different now .
HeadMap=
EyeMap=
TorsoMap=
LegMap=
headMapDecal=
eyeMapDecal=
TorsoMapDecal=
LegMapDecal=
HeadMesh=
HeadState=idle
1stPerson=False
Scale=1.1
EarRing=
Eyebrow=
Lip=
Nose=
Nipple=
Navel=
Genital=
FaceMesh=
FootMesh=
Hair=HM_
HairMap=
Glasses=
GlassesMap=
Foot=
SkinHeadMap=
SkinEyeMap=
SkinTorsoMap=
SkinLegMap=
ClothingHeadMap=
ClothingEyeMap=
ClothingTorsoMap=UFUT_(filename).png ----- female dresses read:UMUT_(filename).png
ClothingLegMap=:UFUL_filename.png
SexClothingHeadMap=
SexClothingEyeMap=
SexClothingTorsoMap=
SexClothingLegMap=
TattooHeadMap=
TattooEyeMap=  
TattooTorsoMap=this is where your tats go for the upper body
TattooLegMap=lower body tattoos
FootMap=

Clothes go in the clothing section and tat's go in the tattoo section , Hope this helps Smiley if any questions feel free to ask[/quote]

[quote author=RudyVasalino link=1170239907/0#1 date=1170245311]DONT FORGET.. when ya change the MYINFO file.. click at the top of the MYINFO BOX ~ FILE.. SAVE AS.... then click SAVE.. It will tell you the file ALREADY EXISTS do you want to replace it.. click YES NEXT  minimize your myinfo file.. in case your changes didnt work

After you put the cloths ya want on... in your MYINFO File..... and ya want to change them, ya gotta click CUSTOM ~ DONT CHANGE... (it should put you in the cloths ya want to wear) if it was done right, THEN if they are the right ones.. click CUSTOM ~ SHOW CHANGES..

The files names HAVE TO BE EXACTLY alike.. with the .png or .jpg at the end of them[/quote]

[quote author=Shuqoyqa link=1170239907/0#2 date=1170248793]I recommend making a copy of MyInfo.ini before you start mucking around with it. That way you can get the make-up, tattoos, outfit and hair you've already chosen back very easily rather than clicking away through Customise for another hour.

"Don't Change" will copy the details from your saved MyInfo.ini file into the avatar you see in the customise window and running around, but because you (supposedly) didn't change ti doesn't bother telling anyone else about it. If you did change you'd (supposedly) have clicked "Show Changes", so that button shows everyone what you're now wearing in the customise window and also saves it to MyInfo.ini.
If you want to get the name of a particular texture or the hair colour line, you can log in, use Customise to get it on your avatar and click Save Changes to save it, then open MyInfo to see it. That's also what you have to do to change genders and check out a texture you've made for the other body type.
To show people your new texture, you have to edit MyInfo to include it where appropriate, save it, go into game, click "Customise" and "Don't Change" to copy it from MyInfo.ini to your view of your avatar and then click "Customise" and "Show Changes" to copy from your view to everyone else's view. If someone downloads it after that, you'll have to click "Show Changes" again for them to see it.

If "Don't Change" gives you the grey shirt with black ribbon at waist or crotchless blue three-quarter-length jeans, you've probably got the texture name wrong in MyInfo.

You don't actually need the old system's Decal lines any more. It's all done by the newer lines.

Some of them actually only appear if you're not using default, which is weird. You don't get a hair colour line if you have brown hair only if you have another colour, for example.

You can also deliberately wear underwear and outerwear the wrong way round or two layers of underwear but when you're showing both layers (little gold NUDE dolly) on the Legs textures, you get the "crotchless" look of that godawful default on the layer you're wearing underneath (in the SexClothingLegMap= line).

You can mix up the shoes too. There are two lines in there, one defining the style of your shoes and one defining the colour image used to colour them, just like clothing. Both are illustrated here. Skater works better than Daisies over that top, but the illustration's more obvious that way. The .msh file is the shoe shape and the .jpg is the colours.[/quote]
Shuqoyqa
#48 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2007 10:05:20 PM(UTC)

[quote author=Shuqoyqa link=1170239907/0#15 date=1171614237]Also link to my thread: http://bb.redlightcenter...aBB.pl?num=1166474747/90 because pages 7, 9 and 10 have some info that may help.

The first thing I'd check is the filetype extension. I got it wrong a few times choosing my texture from the thumbnail, clicking the filename and using ctrl-C ctrl-V to put it into the myinfo line and not adding the .png or .jpg required.

I think the clothes are all .png and the skins are all .jpg, but I could be wrong there. I did do Batgirl as .jpg the first time and it didn't work.

Next would be the directories. I occasionally have to move saved textures from the wrong gender's directory after a heavy download session.

Here are samples of myinfo for Leia:
Quote:
Foot=HF_Shoes1.msh
GlassesMap=
SkinHeadMap=HFCH001_NoMakeup_freckles.jpg
SkinEyeMap=HFUE_green.jpg
SkinTorsoMap=HFCT001_Ruby.jpg
SkinLegMap=HFCL001_Ruby_smooth.jpg
ClothingHeadMap=
ClothingEyeMap=
ClothingTorsoMap=UFWT_Leia.png
ClothingLegMap=
SexClothingHeadMap=
SexClothingEyeMap=
SexClothingTorsoMap=
SexClothingLegMap=
TattooHeadMap=
TattooEyeMap=
TattooTorsoMap=
TattooLegMap=
FootMap=
Skirt=HF_skirt_slit.msh
SkirtMap=HF_skirt_Leia.png

... normal Shuq look:
Quote:
Foot=HF_Shoes4.msh
GlassesMap=
SkinHeadMap=HFCH001_NoMakeup_freckles.jpg
SkinEyeMap=HFUE_green.jpg
SkinTorsoMap=HFCT001_Ruby.jpg
SkinLegMap=HFCL001_Ruby_smooth.jpg
ClothingHeadMap=
ClothingEyeMap=
ClothingTorsoMap=UFUT_poet_shirt.png
ClothingLegMap=UFUL_knots_and_laces.png

... and the nearest equivalent male outfit:
Quote:
SkinHeadMap=HMCH001_Spencer.jpg
SkinEyeMap=HMUE_blue.jpg
SkinTorsoMap=HMCT001_Spencer.jpg
SkinLegMap=HMCL001_Spencer.jpg
ClothingHeadMap=
ClothingEyeMap=
ClothingTorsoMap=UMUT_poetblack.png
ClothingLegMap=UMUL_knotslacesblack.png

Other things to check ... you might have created myinfo.txt and be editing that?

If you're already in-game when you edit myinfo.ini you need to customise and click "don't change" to load the info from myinfo.ini into your avatar. Customising and clicking "Show Changes" saves the avatar you already had into myinfo.ini

The way the programme was made, the Customise "next" and "previous" buttons cycle through the textures that were issued in the patch, not all the textures in your directory, so ones downloaded from the forum will not appear when you click through. You can only get them via manually editing myinfo.ini, saving that from Notepad and using the "Don't Change" button.

I hope that helps.[/quote]

[quote author=Shuqoyqa link=1170239907/0#17 date=1172214176]Another bump.

Step one: get myinfo.ini open in Notepad.

You can do this either by going through My Computer => C:/ => C:/Program Files/RedLightCenter/RedlightCenter, right-clicking the myinfo.ini file and choosing "Open with ..." and then clicking on
Notepad ...

... or by going to Start => All programs => Applications => Notepad, and ctrl-O (or alt-F O or click File and then Open) to get the "Open file" window up, at the bottom of which are two boxes, one for filename and one for file type. Click the "files of type" box and choose "all files (*.*)", so you can see things other than directories and .txt files, and click through as above to get to the RedlightCenter directory and double-click myinfo.ini (or click it once and press return or click it once and then click the Open button).

Step two: make the necessary changes. Examples of relevant lines can be found in the first post of this thread and in various places in the sticky and in my thread.

Step three: save it. Ctrl-S will do this, or you can click File and click Save.

Step four: if you're not in RLC, start RLC. If you're already in RLC, click the Customise button and then click Don't Change. This will copy the info from myinfo.ini (which you just saved in step three) onto your avatar in your view so you can see whether it worked. If you're happy with it, click Customise again and click Show Changes. This will copy the info from your avatar into myinfo.ini and also change the way your avatar appears to everybody else in RLC.

If someone downloads the textures you're wearing after you do all that, you need to repeat Customise => Show Changes for them to see it.

Sidenote: If you change stuff in Notepad and then want to change your shoes in RLC, do the Customise => Don't Change => Customise as above, then change shoes, then Show Changes. Note that this will not change what's in the Notepad window, so after changing stuff that way you should reload the .ini file. Otherwise you'll keep saving the version with the wrong shoes.[/quote]
Shuqoyqa
#49 Posted : Friday, June 01, 2007 10:06:55 PM(UTC)

SLP's "Textures for Dummies" thread:

... and he said:
Quote:
please feel free to save any of these your like and then print out ..... this will make it easy for you to use later

if you have any problems after following all the steps ....

try again in case you have missed something

if you still have problems .... look me up and im happy to find a way to voice chat with you and take you step by step
SAsmTOP
#50 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:27:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I may be posting this in the wrong thread, but it seems related...  if not, just shoot me, after all, I'm a noob.  ;D

In the varied instructions (great job, btw), I've noticed many references to the myinfo.ini

Being a programmer, geek, and generally nefarious person, I've already been into it (even as a greenie), and pretty much had figured it out already.

BUT, here's the question:

Is there a way to do multiple tattoos on a body part?  For example, multiple small tattoos on the front of the torso?  At the moment, the tattoos in question are in individual files, which is fine... but if I duplicate a tag ident line in the myinfo file, with the png files listed one per line, only the first tattoo shows up.

An obvious solution would be to edit (combine) the tattoos together, and use that file.  Which I did, and then realized nobody else could see it.  (Why would they...? I've got the file!)  I was doing this as a noob greenie (yes, I cheated), and hadn't yet figured out submitting textures, and all that fun stuff.

It seems redundant to combine tattoos that exist, then sending the combined file back, if there is a way to display multiple overlays of tattoos.... but then, I may be asking for the moon.

Just stretching the limits, and probably asking for something guaranteed to drive your programmer folks stark raving bonkers...  :Smile
SAsmTOP, aka Master Satyr, aka Daddy Satyr, aka Satyr Scott, aka HEY DUMBASS!

...but never "Asshole"

SAsmTOP
#51 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 4:33:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Is there a separate female skirt template? And the link, please, if so? Thank you.
SAsmTOP, aka Master Satyr, aka Daddy Satyr, aka Satyr Scott, aka HEY DUMBASS!

...but never "Asshole"

dart4cover
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:38:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Not sure what everyones plan is, but a group of us that play in RLC all share our files toghether.  So we all see each others stuff.  I am not concerned what others see, but, like, if we are playing, we see what we need on each other, and it is pretty cool. Just drop the files in the correct location at each PC, and it is real easy to find each other. Plus you may be naked to your friends, but everyone else see's you with default clothes on, smile.
dart4cover
#53 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:24:06 AM(UTC)

Medals:
with these templates i cant seem to make a long full length coat, any ideas of how we could have one implemented because id so love to walk around fully gothed up with a long full length black coat!

KnightDJ1
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:48:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
t is a great walk through but I am still to comp stupid do you have a email or contact of a member who enjoys doing it for someone else ME!

KnightDJ1
Shuqoyqa
#55 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:37:21 PM(UTC)

SAsmTOP: you can get two in by putting one into the underwear (SexClothing) line instead of underwear. Beyond that, I'm afraid you're stuck with sharing 65C3 combination files.

I haven't seen a UV map for the skirts, but they're pretty simple things and they follow the old Leg map, more or less. Front centre is in the centre, with right hip on the left and left hip on the right. The top 8 pixels won't appear in a Long skirt texture in use, and I think it's the top 32 of a miniskirt texture that don't show up.

You can't get long coats, cloaks or capes at present, and men still can't wear skirts or kilts. It's my opinion that the wings and skirts should be in a separate directory that both genders use. Capes could go there too. They'll have to scale for avatar scale anyway, and the backs of the shoulders aren't all that different.

Quick walk-through plus example of layers in use on male torso here, female waistline vertices marked up and example shown under the grids here and sicklittlepig's thread still exists here.

Also: a My Textures button.
Ohio_Rider
#56 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 6:04:48 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm guessing this tutorial needs put in the trash can since the texture mapping has totally changed since 10/2006.  Wasted two hours today figuring all this out just to find out the PSD Tony posted doesn't have the right mapping.  

So anyone got a similar PSD file with the new mapping and UV coordinates on it I can get?
Miss_Heels
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:34:57 AM(UTC)

any templates for shoes? Can i just use the ones installed on the attachments/ textures dir as a template? Thanks
KnightDJ1
#58 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 2:34:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Great for you computer geeks for us soso it is GREEK!

I still need help for textures I need
Father_Guido
#59 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2008 2:11:34 PM(UTC)

Undecided Help,  Huh
This is all greek to me. I am trying to make a Father Guido Sarducci costume. I couldn't find anything on the forums about how to do the mustache or hat. I tried to do the mustache and my result is below. I also tried to do the priest collar. I decided to try a simple one first and elaborate later but that result was much worse. The alpha channel stuff is really confusing. I tried to just put a priest collar on the HMUT_blacktop file (yes I renamed it). I was gonna save it and ask for help with the alpha channel stuff after, but as you can see below the result was disastrous. I also saw a thread that explained how to wear the textures that you create a couple of days ago but I can't find it now. I am using Paint Shop Pro 5.

Shuqoyqa
#60 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2008 3:23:39 PM(UTC)

The new UV maps are in threads at the top of the Textures forum.

Regarding the Alpha Channel: I know noone that uses this. I've never even tried. I use the Gimp, which has pretty much the same tools (except that polygon-select one) but is free and puts them in different places. Rather than using the alpha channel, I just make the actual image translucent and transparent as appropriate. It works with layers beautifully (see link above for just how many layers I sometimes use) and new layers are transparent by default, so if you open the new_male_torso file, add a layer, paint in it, turn the base layer (the UV grid) invisible and save as .png it'll produce what you need just like that. For fancy stuff, it's often easier to make something opaque in its own layer, then turn that layer translucent using the slider at the top of the layers window. You can also use this to see the grid through existing layers, then turn them back to opaque to save.