Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
All Torso Textures will NOT need to be resubmitted
Tony
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:12:04 AM(UTC)

New layout is posted:

http://bb.redlightcenter.com/np...BB.pl?num=1189109387/0#0

Board Moderators please make this thread non-sticky now.

We have a new improved UV layout for both the male and female torso that will greatly simplify making over the shoulder straps and necklines for avatars.

All of the user submitted torso skin/tattoo/underwear and clothing textures will have to be resubmitted to work with the new layout.

This post is a heads up! We will use the new avatar format in a release either at the end of July or in August.

We have a new automated process to update the old format textures so no resubmission will be necessary. There seems to be a bug with the User submitted texture website that we are trying to fix now.

I am working on revising the howto templates for you and will post soon.

We will also provide 2 LODs of the models in .obj format for Photoshop CS 3 users so they can paint directly on the 3D model.

We will provide 2 LODs of the models in .obj and .3ds format. Based on my early testing of Photoshop CS3 Extended it does not have the ability to allow you to paint directly on a 3D model and have that propagate back to the original texture map. It well could be that I am missing something so if there are any CS3Extended users out there that know better please post with a How To.

#2 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:18:44 PM(UTC)

Yona
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:36:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=tony link=1183651924/0#0 date=1183651924]All of the user submitted torso skin/tattoo/underwear and clothing textures will have to be resubmitted to work with the new layout.
[/quote]

I assume, and some artists who made them and asked me about this hope, you mean the user submitted textures that are not in the current RLC release? So that it's not expected from them they have to do those too (again)?
Tony
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:53:52 AM(UTC)

Yes all torso textures: skin/tatoos/underwear/clothing will need to be reworked and resubmited for both male and female models.

I will post the models in .obj and probably .3ds formats as well so you can use a 3D painting tool if you wish.

The new layout also has separate UV areas for each arm so arm tattoos can be unique now.
Ferron
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:02:04 PM(UTC)

Three questions...

First, Where will you be posting this new UV template?

Second, Can you post just the new torso texture without the UV overlay , and  a second texture of just the UV overlay?
  I use Paint.net and Gimp and make templates where the two are on seperate layers. I use the skin texture as a background and the UV wireframe as an overlay, with the work on the layers in between.

Third, Can you post a UV overlay for the male and female heads?
 I tried a full head mask texture before, but wanted to leave the ears out, but got a coloured strip running up the back of the ears and could never find out where it was picking it up from on the texture map. Also , like with the legs, borders don't run where they look like they're going to run.
SAsmTOP
#6 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 6:39:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Any indication when the new UV templates and LODs will be available?  Also, like another comment here, I'm interested in the head UV templates.  Any ETA on those?   Huh
SAsmTOP, aka Master Satyr, aka Daddy Satyr, aka Satyr Scott, aka HEY DUMBASS!

...but never "Asshole"

tony2x
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2007 11:45:16 AM(UTC)

Hi hope this is right place, could i get a texture for a dog coller, please
SAsmTOP
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2007 3:58:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=tony2x link=1183651924/0#6 date=1186080316]Hi hope this is right place, could i get a texture for a dog coller, please[/quote]

Tony: I can help you out with this...  I dropped you a line via PM on social, so let's get in touch.
SAsmTOP, aka Master Satyr, aka Daddy Satyr, aka Satyr Scott, aka HEY DUMBASS!

...but never "Asshole"

Tony
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:55:04 AM(UTC)

Hello again.

We have done some more work and have created a clever automated process to reconfigure old textures to the new layout.  

This means you will not have to resubmit previously created torso textures we will convert them all.

We are also spending more time to do some more extensive cleanup and alignment of the UVs for the different level of detail models.

This is going to take some more time so I will only post the finished product when it is ready.
Tony
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:01:36 PM(UTC)

[quote author=Spookee link=1183651924/0#1 date=1183663124]Will any user be able to download the OBJ formatted files?[/quote]

Yes.

I finally was able to check out Photoshop CS3E and so far I don't think it is a suitable tool for 3D painting on a model. I am still using Deep Paint 3D and Photoshop 7 for this purpose.
tt1207
#11 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 9:27:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
so what you mean?
I have few texture in 'My Textures' but the status is still ON HOLD, so what should i do?
Steph
#12 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 9:35:38 AM(UTC)

So we're still getting new maps for future use, we just don't need to re-work all the bits we have already?
DinahDiamond
#13 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 9:44:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Yep, pretty much Stephie Smile Smile
#14 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2007 8:29:04 PM(UTC)

Shuqoyqa
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:19:30 AM(UTC)

Willowthorn, here's the button:

[size=36]My textures[/size]

Smile

To staff: I've just resubmitted a few textures, because your automated process makes a bit of an arse of the edges and we get clear strips along all the seams. I think what's happening is that the edge of the polygon goes through the middles of the pixels and if it cuts off 63% of a pixel that pixel only goes 37% opaque, and then the map back to the avatar reads a 37% opacity pixel (and averages it with the empty one next to it, if it's a 512x512). The fix is pretty simple on opaque textures: duplicate all the edge pixels at 100% opacity "outwards" two or three pixels. Horizontally on the vertical edges then vertically on the extended horizontal edges ought to do it, except at the shoulders where a little extra work is needed.

The red, emerald and purple dresses and the JB minidresses are replacements for remapped textures that had clear strips (change red to glitteredred, emerald to glitteredemerald and purple to glitteredpurple and remove the "_fixed" from the JBs). The Stephanie, camo and knots_and_laces_red are for textures that got left out of the patch.

Will the other ones that used to be in show up again in future patches or did they get dropped altogether?
HeVN
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:13:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Shuqoyqa, Willowthorn's question wasn't "how do i upload my textures", it was "how do they get in the game".  There's no submission process, and no info on how they choose what to include in the default texture file.  It would be nice to know.

Kudos to you for fixing up seam-lined textures.  Hope they get into the next patch.