Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
clothing does not work for all ??
funqueen
#1 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 6:55:39 AM(UTC)

A while ago, I downloaded some nice clothing textures and used them.. To my surprise, my friends told me that
I was running around naked.. Then they explained to me that they have to have the same textures in their PC inorder
to view mine.. This was not explained in the how-to section (unless I missed it somehow).

But at the sme time, I saw some nice clothing , tattoos on others which I am sure I dont have on my texture files..

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THIS WORKS
Lena
#2 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2007 8:28:14 AM(UTC)

If you download  clothing or tattoo textures from the forums and put it in the male or female textures in your RLC files you will be the only one that sees it until others as well  download the textures from the forums and manually add it to the male or female textures,just the same way you did it.

We can see the clothing and tatts that is in customize cause when you install RLC  all the clothing, tatts,etc. get added..when there is an update then some of the things that people have added in  the forums gets put into the customize so we all can see it but not everything..

Hope this makes sense

Lena~
funqueen
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:39:33 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the explanation Lena
SAsmTOP
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:17:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hmmm...  this thread brings up a question I've been meaning to ask.  (Yeah, I'm a noob, and I'm full of questions  ;D)

Concerning the new textures...  I'm understanding from Lena's answer that if I design a shirt, for example, and wear it, only those I've independently delivered the shirt texture file will see what I'm wearing.  Others will see me shirtless.  (at least until someone decides my work's worth exporting to the world, anyway)  Ok, got that.

But what about skins?  I'm working on a male torso with more fur... and if I wear the (as yet not completed) new torso, what will others see?  Some default torso, or something really grotesque (like a pair of pants walking around with a hovering head)?
SAsmTOP, aka Master Satyr, aka Daddy Satyr, aka Satyr Scott, aka HEY DUMBASS!

...but never "Asshole"

Yona
#5 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 8:02:57 AM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=SAsmTOP link=1183125339/0#3 date=1184908625]Hmmm... �this thread brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. �(Yeah, I'm a noob, and I'm full of questions �;D)

Concerning the new textures... �I'm understanding from Lena's answer that if I design a shirt, for example, and wear it, only those I've independently delivered the shirt texture file will see what I'm wearing. �Others will see me shirtless. �(at least until someone decides my work's worth exporting to the world, anyway) �Ok, got that.

But what about skins? �I'm working on a male torso with more fur... and if I wear the (as yet not completed) new torso, what will others see? �Some default torso, or something really grotesque (like a pair of pants walking around with a hovering head)?
[/quote]

For every part someone does not have the texture for, the default texture is shown.
SAsmTOP
#6 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 8:56:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#4 date=1184943777]
For every part someone does not have the texture for, the default texture is shown.

[/quote]

But Yona, that's what I'm asking... IS there a default for a skin, and if so, what is it?   Huh

...but never "Asshole"

Nalu
#7 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 2:19:25 PM(UTC)

[quote author=SAsmTOP link=1183125339/0#5 date=1184947000][quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#4 date=1184943777]

[/quote]

But Yona, that's what I'm asking... IS there a default for a skin, and if so, what is it? � Huh[/quote]

i think default skin is

SkinTorsoMap=HFCT001_Ruby.jpg

Lena
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:12:02 PM(UTC)

[quote author=SAsmTOP link=1183125339/0#5 date=1184947000][quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#4 date=1184943777]

[/quote]

But Yona, that's what I'm asking... IS there a default for a skin, and if so, what is it?   Huh[/quote]

If you are taking about creating tattoos then if others don't have it all the see is the naked skin..so like for example if you create a back tatt and I don't add it to my textures then I just simply don't see the tatt..there is no default skin..only default shirts,pants..ect.
SAsmTOP
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:48:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=Lena link=1183125339/0#7 date=1185048722]
If you are taking about creating tattoos then if others don't have it all the see is the naked skin..so like for example if you create a back tatt and I don't add it to my textures then I just simply don't see the tatt..there is no default skin..only default shirts,pants..ect.

[/quote]

Lena, I'm talking about creating a SKIN (a torso) from photographs... not a tattoo, not an overlay... what is the default torso, if I'm wearing a custom job that has not been released in the wild, yet....

In other words, I'm talking about the first layer that gets applied to the wireframe, upon which everything else is layered.  

It seems, from circumstantial evidence, that with clothing (shirts, at least), if I wear an "established shirt" (one distrib with RLC), then change to a "local only shirt" (that I created), the rest of RLC sees the last thing I wore that is in the database... no matter what it was.  

EG:  I was wearing UMUT_mortalcombatice.png (a Mortal Kombat logo on a black t-shirt, distributed with the latest release 1.03), and I've "shown changes" so everybody else can see it.  I change to a custom t-shirt I'm trying to refine for release, so I'm the only one that has the file (call it UMUT_xxx.png).  I "show changes" like the dummy that I am, knowing (well, forgetting) that everybody else can't see it.  I can see the new t-shirt, but everyone else sees the mortal kombat logo t-shirt.  

The question is now, does the same rule apply to skins?  the last one I used that the server knows about, is the one that everybody else sees -vs- some default (ruby?)

...but never "Asshole"

Yona
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2007 3:04:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I am pretty sure the one Nalu mentioned is the default skin indeed.

When you put another skin on, which is also a texture, or a self made shirt etc., the people not having those textures, see the default skin, shirt and pants.

You say people saw on you the latest RLC texture you had on, keeps on showing when you change. That tells me, while you are in RLC, you change your file. Because you do it the wrong way, others keep on seeing you in the textures you had on. The way to do is, when you are changing while in RLC is, click customize. Edit and save your file. Then you click on Don't Change. You yourself will see your avatar with the new outfit. Click Customize again, Show Changes and the others will see your new outfit, when they have the textures, or see you in the default.
SAsmTOP
#11 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 6:34:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sorry, Yona, but I think we're just doomed to miscommunicate.   :D

Yes, I'm changing the file while in RLC, and making use of features (cheats? sidesteps?) that the Customize command won't give.  One thing I have a real problem with, on the Customize command, is that even though I ask for BOTH the system and user textures, I don't ever see the user textures, despite the HUGE number of files in resources/men/textures which I review regularly.  

For example, I VERIFY that I have "both sources" selected, and flip through the shirts... I only get 40 or so shirts, before they recycle.  (apparently I only see the HMUT shirts, not the UMUT shirts.)  And I NEVER see the shirt I'm now wearing, which was distributed as a User contributed shirt. (Evil Inside)

Besides, that's just SO bloody cumbersome, paging through - flip, pause, flip, pause, flip, pause, gag...  Tongue - when I know exactly what I want, by file name, and can pop it in place in 30 seconds.

When the myinfo is modified, I simply Customize, Don't Change, wait a mo, Customize, Show Changes, and voila!   Everybody around me can see the changes, right then and there.  I've been doing that since I found the procedures in here in these forums, with no problems.  

In fact, since there's not a Closet activated yet, I've built a number of myinfo files in a separate directory, and can grab an outfit, drop it in place, follow the Customize procedure outlined above, and be ready for casual/swim/sex as appropriate to the moment.  Wink

In some cases, I'll be in a particular "street outfit" and the folks will see me nekkid in the baths, and we'll teleport to the hotel or bordello (meeting up with a friend).  When I strip down at the hotel, I'm wearing other "sex ware" and even some experienced folks freaked I'd changed so fast, with no apparent lag.  (till I explained what I did, that is).

Anyway, what appears to be happening, at least with shirts, is that if I'm in a "system recognized" shirt, and change to a custom (that no-one else has), the system doesn't revert to a "standard" in all cases.  Sometimes, it leaves the last-worn shirt on my "announced attire" that other people see.  (I'm probably not using the buzz words you folks use, but since I don't have a clue what the proper terminology is, I'm making it up as I go.)

I have noticed, lately, that it's not consistent.  But I haven't figured out what/where/when/why yet.  Them pauses along the way do add up, making it time consuming to run through the clothing options and closets over and over...  *shrug*

(I suspect I'd make a good qa or tester of some sort, since I'm naturally one of those who tries to get the mostest with the leastest effort and delay.  And I love them illogical combinations!)

Cheers!

...but never "Asshole"

Yona
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:53:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
You telling you can select the content, RLC, User or Both, you are VIP. And you saying you see a huge number of files in that folder, makes it seem like you have installed the Full (VIP) version. Just to be sure, when starting RLC, check to see in the top left corner if it says BASIC or VIP just in front of the version number. When it says VIP, you should have indeed all those user made textures and should be able to see them in user content. Then you can try, when in says VIP, to start the Uninstall, when that screen pops up, choose Repair. When that is finished, try again and see how it works then. When it still would not work, I'd advice you to download the Full version, to save your own textures and ini files somewhere outside of the RedLightCenter Folder, uninstall RLC, delete the RLC folder in Program files and install the Full version. See how it works then. After that you can copy your own saved files to the appropriate folders. It seems to me it has to do something with the install, nobody else has reported this problem.

Let me know how and if this works. When this part would work and after that it would happen others see you nude, then please quit the program right away, and send the debug.log and myinfo.ini to techsupport@redlightcenter.com with a clear brief description of the problem.

They are working on making the selecting of textures easier. No estimate yet when that will be in place.
SAsmTOP
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:14:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#11 date=1185731618]You telling you can select the content, RLC, User or Both, you are VIP. And you saying you see a huge number of files in that folder, makes it seem like you have installed the Full (VIP) version. Just to be sure, when starting RLC, check to see in the top left corner if it says BASIC or VIP just in front of the version number. When it says VIP, you should have indeed all those user made textures and should be able to see them in user content. Then you can try, when in says VIP, to start the Uninstall, when that screen pops up, choose Repair. When that is finished, try again and see how it works then. When it still would not work, I'd advice you to download the Full version, to save your own textures and ini files somewhere outside of the RedLightCenter Folder, uninstall RLC, delete the RLC folder in Program files and install the Full version. See how it works then. After that you can copy your own saved files to the appropriate folders. It seems to me it has to do something with the install, nobody else has reported this problem.
[/quote]
Yona, I've done all this, several times, for several reasons.  Yes, I'm VIP, yes I've got the VIP (full) version, yes, I've verified that all the files are there... and yes, I've Repaired the installation several times.  In fact, there's been two clean installs (meaning uninstall, wipe remainders, clear registry, then reinstall) since 1.03 on my machine (for various tedious reasons).

[quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#11 date=1185731618]Let me know how and if this works. When this part would work and after that it would happen others see you nude, then please quit the program right away, and send the debug.log and myinfo.ini to techsupport@redlightcenter.com with a clear brief description of the problem.
[/quote]
Miscommunicating again...  I'm not complaining of being nude...

• if I'm wearing a custom (meaning not released at large), I expect to be nude...  oddly, sometimes I'm not, though.  (if I figure out any consistent reason for this, I'll be happy to pass along my notes)

• if I'm wearing released clothing (whether user contributed or not), everybody can see it, every time.  But, up until last night, I couldn't see it in my "wardrobe" (through customize).  Somehow it fixed itself, independent of changes on my part.  (at least under the particular conditions I was in at the time, within RLC - haven't tried it since)  *sigh*

I'm still going to do it manually... the customize thing is just WAY too cumbersome, and not flexible enough, and my way, I can just look at thumbnails... Wink

...but never "Asshole"

SAsmTOP
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:21:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
interesting experiment, for further pondering...

There are various "blank" files in the .../resources/male/textures directory...

I grabbed one... and modified my info file, like this:

SkinHeadMap=HMLM_blank.png
SkinEyeMap=HMLM_blank.png
SkinTorsoMap=HMLM_blank.png
SkinLegMap=HMLM_blank.png
ClothingHeadMap=HMLM_blank.png
ClothingEyeMap=HMLM_blank.png
ClothingTorsoMap=HMLM_blank.png
ClothingLegMap=HMLM_blank.png
SexClothingHeadMap=HMLM_blank.png
SexClothingEyeMap=HMLM_blank.png
SexClothingTorsoMap=HMLM_blank.png
SexClothingLegMap=HMLM_blank.png
TattooHeadMap=
TattooEyeMap=
TattooTorsoMap=
TattooLegMap=
Hair=HM_Hair_Ponytail.msh
HairMap=HMLM_blank.png
Glasses=
GlassesMap=HMLM_blank.png
Foot=
FootMap=HMLM_blank.png

... just to see what would happen.

(was kinda hoping to make myself invisible...  which would be cool, as a party costume:  go as the invisible man without makeup - just clothes walking around)

What I got was a bald head, hairless torso, and no legs or feet.

Head skin apparently has a default, as does torso skin, but not leg skin?

and no, I didn't try having sex that way... that might have just been TOOO disturbing... Wink

---   hmmm... looking at the coding on the file... maybe I picked the wrong blanks for the various torso parts...

more experimentation... will report back.

...but never "Asshole"

Yona
#15 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 2:23:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=SAsmTOP link=1183125339/0#12 date=1185740096
[list]
  • if I'm wearing a custom (meaning not released at large), I expect to be nude... �oddly, sometimes I'm not, though. �(if I figure out any consistent reason for this, I'll be happy to pass along my notes)[/quote]

I forgot to mention that in my previous posting. Have you ever tried, in Options, to flag Two Pass Texturing? That works better for some graphics cards.
  • SAsmTOP
    #16 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 4:15:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    [quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#14 date=1185830599]I forgot to mention that in my previous posting. Have you ever tried, in Options, to flag Two Pass Texturing? That works better for some graphics cards.[/quote]

Ummm...  don't have a problem, there... Smile

...but never "Asshole"

SAsmTOP
    #17 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 4:18:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    Regarding the invisible man...

tried selecting file prefixes appropriate to the class of the tag, tried various combinations of "blank" files, in different ways.

Nada...

Still a bald torso, hovering in space...  

*pondering*  Huh

...but never "Asshole"

Yona
    #18 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:39:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
    [quote author=SAsmTOP link=1183125339/0#15 date=1185837328][quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#14 date=1185830599]I forgot to mention that in my previous posting. Have you ever tried, in Options, to flag Two Pass Texturing? That works better for some graphics cards.[/quote]

Ummm... �don't have a problem, there... Smile
    [/quote]

But, have you tried having that flagged .. and do you then still have the problems you meantioned with something not being able to see some textures? Because for some this option solves that.
    SAsmTOP
    #19 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:52:22 PM(UTC)

Medals:
    [quote author=Yona link=1183125339/0#17 date=1185982752]But, have you tried having that flagged .. and do you then still have the problems you meantioned with something not being able to see some textures? Because for some this option solves that.[/quote]

*sigh*  I haven't mentioned any problems that would apply to that setting.

Yona, I'm not having a problem getting a texture to show up... I'm having a problem getting a texture NOT to show up (or a blankfile to work properly).

Yes, I'm operating "outside the boundaries" and trying to do something backwards, silly, and downright unplanned for with the software..... but that's my nature, to see how I can work "around the edges" and produce interesting effects that are "surprising".  For the most part, I follow the rules... and as best as I can see, I'm not doing anything to the server, or to other peoples clients that will cause problems in any way.  (just call me a warped power user... ok?  :Smile )

The "planned for" method of changing clothing is by using the Customize pane.  Unfortunately, it's inadequate, slow, and downright exasperating (at least for me).  Yes it's being addressed, and there's improvements planned, etc...    I've simply found a faster way, that doesn't conflict with the software.  That faster way allows me to 'tweak' things, to get "unplanned for" effects...  (For example:  Put a texture for a pair of pants in the TattooLeg field, get nekkid, and you're wandering around with your equipment hanging out your fly!)

My way, I can achieve a complete, four-layer change of look (skin, outerwear, underwear, and tattoos) with 8 clicks and about 30 seconds total (assuming I'm changing to a pre-prepared outfit).  Can that be achieved with Customize that easily or quickly?

Who knows... maybe some of the things I find will help the programmers find bugs they're looking for...  Then again, somebody out there might not LIKE what I'm managing to do, and will proceed to fill the loophole I'm exploiting.  *shrug*

Cheers...

...but never "Asshole"