Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Can I please clear up something about clothes!?
Sapphoria
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:26:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I know there are tons of discussions here on clothes.  And I have become very familiar with them and working with the myinfo file.  But two things please.

1.  it is correct that as it is now you can download textures, wear them and see them yourself but no one else can unless they have downloaded that particular texture?

and

2.  ummm, is that going to change because ---well---that seems kind of silly.  I mean why bother having new textures.  I realize you all upload new ones periodically but in the month i have been here, i have seen very, very few new pieces.

So, if i could find out how if i am doing something wrong OR find out what the plans are with clothes, that would be great.  Will there be a way to either upload clothes, or will they be added more regularly, or, or??  

Thanks!
JustASweetGuy
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:31:10 PM(UTC)

You are correct. As of right now, the other people have to have the textures on their computer as well to see them.

They are still redoing things, and I'm sure the way clothes are handled is somewhere in the list.

So you're not doing it wrong, but hang in there, they're always improving things.
Yona
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2007 9:18:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=Sapphoria link=1180852008/0#0 date=1180852008]I mean why bother having new textures. �I realize you all upload new ones periodically but in the month i have been here, i have seen very, very few new pieces.

So, if i could find out how if i am doing something wrong OR find out what the plans are with clothes, that would be great. �Will there be a way to either upload clothes, or will they be added more regularly, or, or?? �

Thanks![/quote]

To add to what Justasweetguy said, new textures are only made available for all when getting a new release. The last release was in the last week of April, the next one will be some time this coming week, when everything works out well. Not in every new release new textures are added, but most of the times that does happen. I can tell you, in the upcoming release you will find quite some new ones again.

We have a special Forum called Textures, there you can find a lot of new textures about every day, made by talented RLC members. They can choose to upload their textures through their profile. Then the art department looks into them and they decide which ones are added or not and when.
MrsWYLD
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:46:28 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I have a question..seems as tho' both my textures got screwed up and everything is in both files  so when i try to download an outfit or shirt it shows it in both textures file but i cant seem to get it to show up on screen so i cud wear it can u tell me where all shirts, pants, accessories, panties, stockings, sunglasses, faces, and skirts and whatever else goes in wut texture file ur help wud greatly be appreciated

thanx in advance,
Mrs Wyld
Yona
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:36:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
What do you mean with "both my textures got .." and with "everything is in both files" ?
MrsWYLD
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:25:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I mean all the sma textures r in both textures files when downloading certain outfits or clothing it says the way to download them is either redlightcenter>resources>female>attachments>textures ---- or ---- redlight center>resources>female>textures but when i checked the two texture files everything is exact;y the same now i figured that maybe things have to be moved out of one and left in the other bcuz i like to download outfits and once they r downloaded they do not show up on my avatar
that was my only option that i cud think of i dont know wut else to do.

Mrs  WYLD
JustASweetGuy
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:09:04 PM(UTC)

Well without going into specifics on editing your myinfo file here's essentially what you do to wear custom textures.

Skirts, hair, and any other attachments go in the redlightcenter>resources>female(or male)>attachments>textures
All others go in redlightcenter>resources>female (or male)>textures

Go into RLC and go into customize.
Leave it open then make any changes needed to your myinfo file.
Then save it.
Then hit don't show changes in RLC.
After seeing your texture, then open customize again and click show changes.

It has to be done in this order or it wont work properly.

Let us know if this helps.
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:30:42 PM(UTC)