Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Please Help...Regarding Screen Capture
Sapphoria
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:02:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have read thru the forums here and i have tried the - (minus) sign, that does nothing (yes, I checked in the my pictured folder, nothing there) and i tried the ctrl and print screen key on the keyboard--nope.  I decided to use a piece of software i have that does nice captures but of course as soon as you go away to another window, you're see-thru so the pictures are not coming out that good.  I love this feature and would really appreciate any help on how i can use the RLC screen capture.  I am running win xp home if that helps.  Thanks so much.
Count_Duckula
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:18:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hitting the "-" (hyphon)sign will take the pic, not the minus sign. It should create a folder inside your "My Pictures" folder labeled "Red Light Center" and puts the pics in there.  If you want to remove all the toolbars and convos and crap before you take the picture you hit the "=" sign 1st and you hit it again to return everything. Hope this helps.
JustASweetGuy
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:11:26 AM(UTC)

The big thing that alot of people miss is the fact that you have to click outside the chat box for it to work.

Click anywhere in the RLC screen outside of the chat box, then press the - (minus or hyphen) key. As Count_Duckula said, pressing the = (equals) key will remove all buttons, chat, etc... and leave just the image portion. Pressing it again will bring that stuff back.

Screenshots are a neat tool to save your favorite memories, but it's also an essential tool to use when situations come up in-world that need to be dealt with. Alot of times things can't be done because there's no proof, so screenshots are vital.
Shuqoyqa
#4 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2007 6:51:42 AM(UTC)

I was using Print Screen and the Gimp to make screenies at first, and wishing I had Photoshop's "New From Clipboard" option to speed it up. Once I found out about the {_/-} screenshot key it got a lot easier.

A few things I've found when screenshooting new textures and the prom:

1) When you press the {+/=} key to get rid of all those buttons, the chat is still there and if you hit return you can say stuff without seeing it. This has caused me to say -===wswwwew,.,,,,,...===== and the like a few times.

2) If you use = to get rid of all the buttons in a dance area the dance menu goes away too and you stop doing moves and just jiggle about.

3) If you use = outside the dance area then walk into it the dance menu will appear alone, without buttons and chat, so you can dance properly without as much clutter on your screenshots.

4) You can use the mouse-wheel to zoom all the way in to first-person view while on a dance area where the "1st" button goes inactive, thus getting pictures without the back of your own head in them. The view will be forwards in first-person and revert to previous angle when you zoom back out.

5) Taking a screenshot puts chat in general chat as if you'd spoken, but noone else sees it. This will spoil avatar actions like kiss and hug on your screen but not on other people's and the screenshots still work (possibly only because they happen before the 'chat' does).
Sapphoria
#5 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2007 9:20:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks everybody but i still cannot seem to make it work.  I am - and have been following these instructions.  But i get a message in general chat that says "screenshot failed to be taken".

If anyone has any ideas why its not taking them for me, I sure would appreciate it.
Yona
#6 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2007 10:57:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
[quote author=Sapphoria link=1180850524/0#4 date=1180974002]Thanks everybody but i still cannot seem to make it work. �I am - and have been following these instructions. �But i get a message in general chat that says "screenshot failed to be taken".

If anyone has any ideas why its not taking them for me, I sure would appreciate it.[/quote]

That might have to do with the drivers for your graphics card. Check to see if you have installed the right and most recent drivers for it.