Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
'superjump' made easy
JoeyRez
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:45:02 AM(UTC)

'superjump'

I think they should either take it away or, In the interest of keeping customers happy, make it as simple as a push of a button.
    How many of you think superjump should be made easy for everyone?
                                        (or at least for VIP members)

JoeyRez
DDCowgirl
#2 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2007 6:45:18 AM(UTC)

As stated in the previous superjump thread that you posted, The superjump is not an actual "feature," therefore there cant be an actual "push of the button" available. It is a glitch, a "bug" that people have figured out.
engagingrpg
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:36:09 PM(UTC)

I like the feature/bug. �I use it all the time. �It's nice to find places that are hidden. �It's also nice to get away from the crowd. �I don't know why some many people are scared of them taking it away. �Wheter it is a bug or a feature is irrelevant to me. �I agree with the original poster it would be nice if they made it easy. �It took a long time to figure out how it works. �I don't really think it is a bug though. �Stuff like that just doesn't mysteriously appear. �People have to write the code to do it (despite what the Terminator movies would have you believe). �The jump itself is far to complex to just be an accident. �The key sequence and timing is quite 'unique'.

Not only would it be nice to have the jump be easy. �But if you enter any given environment it would be nice if there was a button you could push to see the hidden places you can go to. �Perhaps even with guide arrows showing you how to get there. �I've never been a fan of Super Mario brothers. �But using superjump reminds me a lot of that. �I think they did it on purpose with the intent of providing that sort of experience. �But I can be wrong.  Every time I go to a new place within RLC I'm always thinking ok what is new, what is hidden, how to I get there.  After a lot of trial and error you can usually find several different things to do.
jonathan149
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:24:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I agree.
I had a very nice lady teach me how to do it.  It was not only fun to do, but was fun learning with her.  Since then, I have been teaching other new folks how to do it.
Yea! ;D I am glad we are not spoon-fed everything!  It makes it just that much more fun!
kira01
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:01:05 PM(UTC)

i likey it too ;D
#6 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 2:50:35 PM(UTC)

Bartlette84
#7 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 3:26:43 PM(UTC)

so how do you guys do it?  Smile  thanks for the bump dj illusion  ;D
engagingrpg
#8 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 4:39:58 PM(UTC)

My experience has been that you need to be vip. �When I'm not vip it doesn't seem to work. �The second thing is it still is inconsistent even if vip. �But hold down the space bar, the w key, and the min/max button all at the same time and release all at the same time. �Repeat until it works. �The length you hold down seems to matter. �Sometimes I release the w key last and that may help. �Lastly, you have to be somewhere that you can use it. �Since the locations are invisible, its trial and error. �The min/max key is part of the windows box. �Where you see the minus then the min/max then the x to close the window. �So every time you do this the window will shrink or expand. �It's the craziest thing ever. �That's why I don't think its a bug and was programmed in. �Especially since the vip seems to matter.
JustASweetGuy
#9 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 6:31:58 PM(UTC)

It's not a VIP only thing actually. I know several non-VIP that do it with ease. As far as how to do it, each person has their own technique and way to do it. The way you just described is not at all how I do it, but I have tried several other ways that worked for others in the past with no success. Just ask around, you'll likely get many different answers, so try em all and go with what works best for you.
engagingrpg
#10 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 6:37:38 PM(UTC)

Thanks very much for the info.  That's weird.  When I wasn't vip it wouldn't hardly work.  But as soon as I upgraded, presto, worked like a charm.  I have had people try to explain it and you do get different answers.  Most of which you can't hardly understand.  It definitely takes lots of practice.  I'd love to know of an easier way, if anyone can explain it clearly.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:58:23 AM(UTC)