Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
live DJ controlling default music stream?
racerzack
#1 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 6:57:28 PM(UTC)

i'm curious... is there a way for a live DJ to control the default music stream within a club? in other words, the live DJ's stream would be heard by anyone entering the club without them having to go to the DJ's profile and listening to the DJ's personal stream.
Intervader
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2007 8:53:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
No, this is not currenty supported but it is an interesting idea
racerzack
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:52:45 PM(UTC)

yeah, when i first saw the stuff about being a DJ in RLC, that is how i thought it would work. i mean, in a real club you have one DJ who sets the tone for the night with his/her mix. this whole "listen to my stream" stuff is neat but it lacks the simplicity and "coolness" factor of controlling the default stream.

currently, a user walks into the club and hears music, so there's nothing to suggest he/she should "tune in" to someone else. and why should they? wouldn't that be like going to a real life club and blocking out the club's music to listen to someone's iPod? it takes away from the shared "club experience" if everyone listens to separate stuff.

obviously, an individual user can choose to turn off the stream and listen to their own mix or someone else's private stream. nothing will or should change THAT. but as for the shared stream -- having a live person control it without anyone needing to "do" anything would really make the RLC "clubs" be more of a realistic simulation. there could even be a DJ booth for the active DJ to be while spinning. then, when no one was in the booth, everyone would know the music was "canned"....