Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Trying to do a running fountain. Ideas and what I have done thus far
Fawnie_
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 11:45:45 PM(UTC)

Medals:
So ok i put in a fountain played with size of it. Now i want to make it look alive not dead.

So i start playing witht he emitter and all the png/jpgs listed. I play with scales and all the technical parts.
I put in water and all i can get is squares jumping around upwardly i got them to go sideways but .. how
in the world can i get them to move down ward if the x y z is not letting me move past 1.0 i think it was.
or -1 thing was as i got the things to turn sideways i could in no way get them to turn upside down so
that it looked flowing.

Now Im not sure if its possible and it does have a shimmer affect but its not what i really want.
The emitter is fun to play around with im sure ill use it other ways.

Another question would be If i found a shimmering sort of water animated pic some place on net hosted it
on my own host then link it to a url as image on webpage .. what is the settings i need to allow it to
use the animation showing. ? I tried to figure it out but just didnt work or click.
If i could get this to work i wouldnt need to try to force the emitter to do something i dont really want.

Any help is appreciated. I was even thinking of using animated fire .. but i saw that i cant make a .gif show up
can you not do animated in jpg... im not fully aware of possibilities as i have an old version of psp.

I would be happy to help others set up some fun things once i figure out how the animation could be attached
like on a sign .. Thanks thanks thanks for any help or advise.
Fawnie_
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:45:33 PM(UTC)

Medals:
guess i could bump this to have mod move it to zaby forum section
Saint_PFA
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 7:02:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I got bubbles to FALL downward, using the attach emitter, and it worked for all the other textures as well.
you just set x and z to zero, and make y -1.
but I can't find a texture that simulates water, but that will make it flow down.
cwa131
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:12:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I didn't like the shower available to small. So I created one. Trick in making water fall is the patameters below.

Shower water
Water

Texture File: aqwl_01b.jpg

Particle Life: 4
Emitter: 9999
Particles per sec: 75
Speed: 200
Start Scale: 0.2
End Scale: 0.2
% Life Fade In: 10
% Life Fade Out: 10
Enable Fade: Y
Alpha Scale: 0.3
Spawn cube X: 90
Spawn cube Y: 75
Spawn cube Z: 0
Normal X: 0
Normal Y: -1
Normal Z: 0

For a fountain you would need one pushing water up a little then one from that point flowing down. (up and down is controlled by normal y: 1 for up -1 for down. Spawn cube changes spread. Particle life the distance. Hope this helps.
Jaybium
#5 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 12:54:25 AM(UTC)

TakenbyTrux wrote:

but i saw that i cant make a .gif show up
can you not do animated in jpg... im not fully aware of possibilities as i have an old version of psp.

you can animate a jpg, however, it still will not show or animate here. i've not got any of mine to do this. =/
Inked_Minx
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:10:37 AM(UTC)

thanks for the tip cwa,,,really helped me with my fountainSmile
"The liberty of the press would be an empty sound, and no man would venture to write on any subject, however, pure his purpose, without an attorney at one elbow and a counsel at the other. From minds thus subdued by the fear of punishment, there could issue no works of genius to expand the empire of human reason."
Thomas Erskine