Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages123>»
Missing smoke3a.png
Ingot
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 6:59:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Ok, I finally got around to rebuilding my hot tob. I put boards around the top to make it taller, and put in an new water level. All works fine, BUT...

I went to play around with a dummy property and attach an emmiter (as per the instruction) so I could get wisps of steam, and the texture "smoke3a.png" isn't there. There's not a place to type it in, instead there's a drop down list that seems to show every texture in the game EXCEPT smoke3a.png.

Is anyone else working on steam or smoke, and if so can someone share their emmiter script settings?
8inchdevil
#2 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:16:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I''ve found the same problem - done almost exactly the same, came to adding steam but the required texture (smoke3a.png) and its not there on the drop-down list!!

Hopefully it'll get sorted in the next patch tho!!
StanRoss
#3 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:24:47 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I found the same thing as well
CFM63
#4 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 5:02:26 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Ingot wrote:
Ok, I finally got around to rebuilding my hot tob. I put boards around the top to make it taller, and put in an new water level. All works fine, BUT...

I went to play around with a dummy property and attach an emmiter (as per the instruction) so I could get wisps of steam, and the texture "smoke3a.png" isn't there. There's not a place to type it in, instead there's a drop down list that seems to show every texture in the game EXCEPT smoke3a.png.

Is anyone else working on steam or smoke, and if so can someone share their emmiter script settings?

yeah same problem here also. Appears as if everyone is in the same boat.
RedBaby_
#5 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:41:36 PM(UTC)

adds name to the list of folks having this problem....

Anyone got an answer per chance? Smile
'At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.' ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

My Profile Smile

Ingot
#6 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 10:37:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Even if we get it working (which it still isn't) I think we may need a discussion about settings. The particle system is bizarre, and every time you tweak it, you have to leave and come back in to make sure you're seeing what you did.

It might be nice as we work on this (WHEN they get it fixed) to share common settings as we find them. "Wisp of steam", or "smoking item on the grill" could be discussed and set up with standard numbers if we shared the settings.

Ingot
#7 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 11:14:51 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Ok, I got mine working, but not many people will be able to do it.

I had left one smoke-emitting dummy on my grill. The parameters on it were wrong, it makes ugly smoke, but I was able to clone it, put it in my hot tub, and reset the parameters to the same as the instructions.

I now have steam in my hot tub, anyone that wants to get naked with me is welcome!

Rhiannon_Nicks
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:14:22 AM(UTC)

they seem to have messed up a lot of parameters and made things worse, Like fire they wont let it get large enough
Finn61
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:42:17 AM(UTC)

Medals:
BUMP! >Sad

Still not able to make smoke...
__Neon__
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:57:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
steam apparently isnt available at this time..
alot of people have been using the emitter labled "cum" scaled out to cover the hottub..as distasteful as it may sound it actually doesnt look too bad...

smoke and fire can be found by using the sign_01animated then under script use animated texture...the dropdown box will give you the option for explosion..i think explosion 8 is the nicest looking one for actual smoke and you CAN scale it to size...as well as make a larger fire now this way as well by using the fire.spr which is also scaleable unlike doing it the other way by using the dummy model.

hope that helps..if you need more, shoot a pm Smile
2 users thanked __Neon__ for this useful post.
Zen_Dissonance on 7/8/2012(UTC), _Allessandra_ on 4/2/2013(UTC)
RedOdile
#11 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 4:56:32 AM(UTC)

x___NEON___x wrote:
alot of people have been using the emitter labled "cum" scaled out to cover the hottub..as distasteful as it may sound it actually doesnt look too bad...

That's what I did. I used the instructions in the guide, but instead of smoke, I used cum. I know it doesn't sound too good, but I think it looks great.
Waving from another world with ausmate by my side. -12/2011
Troevodkin
#12 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 5:13:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
RedOdile wrote:
x___NEON___x wrote:

That's what I did. I used the instructions in the guide, but instead of smoke, I used cum. I know it doesn't sound too good, but I think it looks great.

Works perfectly well for me. Thank you, people Cool

Jaybium
#13 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 10:48:40 AM(UTC)

Troevodkin wrote:
RedOdile wrote:
x___NEON___x wrote:

Works perfectly well for me. Thank you, people Cool

now this may sound a little creepy Troevodkin ... but how do you make your cum look so great?? i tried that for steam but it well...looked like steamy cum balls lol!!!
__Neon__
#14 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 10:51:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
LMFAO!! It did look kinda funny like that !! How much did you scale yours out to Troevodkin? I wouldnt say ours looked like "steamy cum balls" ( still cracking up over that description!) but it did look like ....bubbles....( im so not going to try to describe this...cum bubbles and steamy cum balls are just too much for my zaby crazed mind to take right now..Shocked
Jaybium
#15 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 10:53:16 AM(UTC)

x___NEON___x wrote:

quiet you! Tongue
__LEVI__
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:44:38 AM(UTC)

Location: Between heaven and hell... ....In my own happy place
If you use red hookahs and attach the script for hookah smoke it looks just like steam

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Masturbation is a form of stress relief. So go fuck yourself and calm down.
__Neon__
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:25:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
shameless bump
Troevodkin
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:05:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well, my cum is of superior quality, but that is a completely different issue ;d

I just followed RedOdile advice and followed the instructions in "How to decorate your zaby", just replaced cum for smoke.

Particle Life: 5
Emitter Life: 5
Particles Per Sec: 9
Speed: 50
Start Scale: 1
End Scale: 3
Fade In: 50
Fade Out: 50
Enable fade: 0.5
Alpha Scale: 0.2
Spawn CubeX: 600
Spawn CubeY: -50
Spawn CubeXZ: 600
NormalX: 0
NormalY: 1
NormalZ: 0

No clones, just one dummy in the center of the tub at water surface level.

I used a hookah to make the smoke coming from the cigarette in my ash tray:

However, the hookah must be activated to start smoking. It also covers a very small area, so many clones would be needed. Imagine your hottub filled with multiple hookahs (even if you make them invisible). And when you are in a hottub with somebody and want to click and launch some action sequence, don't tell me you want to offer the other person a smoke Cool
4 users thanked Troevodkin for this useful post.
Connemara_BBB on 11/19/2011(UTC), Ice_Pss_Kendra on 1/28/2012(UTC), Chy_HAMC on 6/28/2014(UTC), Penycat_FTMC on 4/22/2016(UTC)
__Neon__
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:44:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:
thanks Troevodkin..i had just started to play with the scaling when i decided to read the forums again....works like a charm
hots8
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:37:50 AM(UTC)

Jaybium -

Set the "scale" for the cum.png to about 2.5 or higher, and it will look like steam