Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Any one know how to use param X Y Z for butterfly and tank fish
somu_4uu
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:38:17 AM(UTC)

Any One can help me with flying butterfly...its isnt working for meSad ....its flying but its being static in a position....its seems X,Y,Z arnt working for Move Around Boundaries.......same is happening with Fire and Fish ....Ok donno if its only my problem or not but its not working for me......Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think
__Neon__
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:01:49 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I found this in another thread and thought I would post it here for you..these are directions given by WendyWould. She did a good job explaining it and i want to make sure she gets the credit she deserves for posting it.

This will be added to the Prop Editor Guide very soon:

Adding animation to creatures (fish/waterplants/butterflies):
-here is a list of all the Animation files for props that have animations:
Animation File: Related Prop:
butterfly_ani Butterfly
fishtank_fish1_ani Angel Fish05
fishtank_fish2_ani Angel Fish02
fishtank_fish3_ani Angel Fish03
fishtank_fish4_ani Clown Fish
fishtank_fish5_ani Danios07
fishtank_fish6_ani Yellow Fish02
fishtank_fish7_ani Yellow Fish03
fishtank_fish8_ani Rinabo_04
fishtank_fish9_ani Rinabo_03
fishtank_fish10_ani Clown Fish_02
fishtank_fish11_ani Oscar_02
fishtank_fish12_ani Rinabo_02
fishtank_fish13_ani Danios_06
fishtank_fish14_ani Angel Fish_02
fishtank_fish15_ani Clown Fish_01
fishtank_fish16_ani Angel Fish Big
fishtank_fish17_ani Rinabo_01
fishtank_fish18_ani Danios_05
fishtank_fish19_ani Oscar_01
fishtank_fish20_ani Danios_04
fishtank_fish21_ani Yellow Fish_01
fishtank_fish22_ani Yellow Fish_04
fishtank_fish23_ani Danios_03
fishtank_fish24_ani Angel Fish_06
fishtank_fish25_ani Danios_01
fishtank_fish26_ani Danios_02
lagoon_fish01_ani Angel Fish_Lagoon
lagoon_fish02_ani Clown Fish_Lagoon
lagoon_fish03_ani Danios_Lagoon
lagoon_fish04_ani Rinabo_Lagoon
lagoon_fish05_ani Oscar_Lagoon
lagoon_school03_ani School_Lagoon
angel_fish1_ani Angel Fish_01
blue_fish_ani Blue Fish
reef_fish_ani Reef Fish
manta_ray_ani Manta Ray
jellyfish_ani Jellyfish
sea_horse_ani Sea Dragon
sea_turtle_ani Sea Turtle
shark_ani Shark
fishtank_plant1_ani Aquaplant01
fishtank_plant2_ani Aquaplant02
fishtank_plant3_ani Aquaplant03
fishtank_plant4_ani Aquaplant04
…. There are 19 Aquaplants total that all follow the pattern above

How to create butterflies and free-reign sea creatures:
-have “Advanced” checked (upper right of Prop Editing Window)
-search for and create the desired creature. Note its animation file (from above list). Avoid ‘fishtank” creatures for this, they will be explained further down. Lagoon creatures are best. Sea Turtle, Manta Ray, and Shark, are all good choices.
-Script Tab: MoveWithinBoundingBox
-this script creates a 3D box for the prop creature to move around in. Set the size of this box with the first 3 Parameters. Parameter 1: X, Parameter 2: Y, and Parameter 3: Z. Place the prop creature in the center of this box, or let it move around and adjust size as desired.
-the fourth parameter (Param4) is the speed of the prop as it moves around the box. 350 is an average speed.
-the fifth parameter (Param5) is the Speed Jitter. It defaults to 0 but can be adjusted as desired.
-the last parameter (Param6), is the Turn Rate and determines how fast the prop moves when it changes direction. 7 is a good default setting
Adding animation:
-to add the animation to the creature as it moves in the box, enter the animation file name in the empty field of the State tab (it is located at the very top and looks like State:__________).
How to create a fishtank:
-find and create the Fishtank Glass prop. Place and Size it as desired (avoid reducing the scale X too much). Use a pencil and paper and note the X Y Z for Position, Rotation and Scale for the tank. This will make later steps much easier.
State (check the following): Collidable, No Z-Buffer (needed so you can see into the tank).
-search for any desired fish, but use “fishtank” in your search. Create the fish and, using the Tabs, input the same Position, Rotation, and Scale that you noted for your fishtank. If the fish look a little odd, it can be adjusted later. Use the above list and note the fish’s animation file name.
- enter the animation file name in the empty field of the State tab (it is located at the very top and looks like State:__________). If the fish has the same properties as its tank, it should now swim around automatically within the boundaries of the tank.
-fishtank gravel/rocks/anenomes do not have animation files but can be sized correctly by using the same X Y and Z notes from above
Plants:
-Search for and create any Aquaplant and find its corresponding animation file in the above list.
- enter the animation file name in the empty field of the State tab (it is located at the very top and looks like State:__________). For water plants, adding this file makes the prop shift away and up so always do placement last.
-Place the plant as desired.
somu_4uu
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:18:51 AM(UTC)

x___NEON___x wrote:
I found this in another thread and thought I would post it here for you..these are directions given by WendyWould. She did a good job explaining it and i want to make sure she gets the credit she deserves for posting it.

This will be added to the Prop Editor Guide very soon:

Adding animation to creatures (fish/waterplants/butterflies):
-here is a list of all the Animation files for props that have animations:
Animation File: Related Prop:
butterfly_ani Butterfly
fishtank_fish1_ani Angel Fish05
fishtank_fish2_ani Angel Fish02
fishtank_fish3_ani Angel Fish03
fishtank_fish4_ani Clown Fish
fishtank_fish5_ani Danios07
fishtank_fish6_ani Yellow Fish02
fishtank_fish7_ani Yellow Fish03
fishtank_fish8_ani Rinabo_04
fishtank_fish9_ani Rinabo_03
fishtank_fish10_ani Clown Fish_02
fishtank_fish11_ani Oscar_02
fishtank_fish12_ani Rinabo_02
fishtank_fish13_ani Danios_06
fishtank_fish14_ani Angel Fish_02
fishtank_fish15_ani Clown Fish_01
fishtank_fish16_ani Angel Fish Big
fishtank_fish17_ani Rinabo_01
fishtank_fish18_ani Danios_05
fishtank_fish19_ani Oscar_01
fishtank_fish20_ani Danios_04
fishtank_fish21_ani Yellow Fish_01
fishtank_fish22_ani Yellow Fish_04
fishtank_fish23_ani Danios_03
fishtank_fish24_ani Angel Fish_06
fishtank_fish25_ani Danios_01
fishtank_fish26_ani Danios_02
lagoon_fish01_ani Angel Fish_Lagoon
lagoon_fish02_ani Clown Fish_Lagoon
lagoon_fish03_ani Danios_Lagoon
lagoon_fish04_ani Rinabo_Lagoon
lagoon_fish05_ani Oscar_Lagoon
lagoon_school03_ani School_Lagoon
angel_fish1_ani Angel Fish_01
blue_fish_ani Blue Fish
reef_fish_ani Reef Fish
manta_ray_ani Manta Ray
jellyfish_ani Jellyfish
sea_horse_ani Sea Dragon
sea_turtle_ani Sea Turtle
shark_ani Shark
fishtank_plant1_ani Aquaplant01
fishtank_plant2_ani Aquaplant02
fishtank_plant3_ani Aquaplant03
fishtank_plant4_ani Aquaplant04
…. There are 19 Aquaplants total that all follow the pattern above

How to create butterflies and free-reign sea creatures:
-search for and create the desired creature. Note its animation file (from above list). Avoid ‘fishtank” creatures for this, they will be explained further down. Lagoon creatures are best. Sea Turtle, Manta Ray, and Shark, are all good choices.
-Script Tab: MoveWithinBoundingBox
-this script creates a 3D box for the prop creature to move around in. Set the size of this box with the first 3 Parameters. Parameter 1: X, Parameter 2: Y, and Parameter 3: Z. Place the prop creature in the center of this box, or let it move around and adjust size as desired.
-the fourth parameter (Param4) is the speed of the prop as it moves around the box. 350 is an average speed.
-the fifth parameter (Param5) is the Speed Jitter. It defaults to 0 but can be adjusted as desired.
-the last parameter (Param6), is the Turn Rate and determines how fast the prop moves when it changes direction. 7 is a good default setting
Adding animation:
-to add the animation to the creature as it moves in the box, enter the animation file name in the empty field of the State tab (it is located at the very top and looks like State:__________).
How to create a fishtank:
-find and create the Fishtank Glass prop. Place and Size it as desired (avoid reducing the scale X too much). Use a pencil and paper and note the X Y Z for Position, Rotation and Scale for the tank. This will make later steps much easier.
State (check the following): Collidable, No Z-Buffer (needed so you can see into the tank).
-search for any desired fish, but use “fishtank” in your search. Create the fish and, using the Tabs, input the same Position, Rotation, and Scale that you noted for your fishtank. If the fish look a little odd, it can be adjusted later. Use the above list and note the fish’s animation file name.
- enter the animation file name in the empty field of the State tab (it is located at the very top and looks like State:__________). If the fish has the same properties as its tank, it should now swim around automatically within the boundaries of the tank.
-fishtank gravel/rocks/anenomes do not have animation files but can be sized correctly by using the same X Y and Z notes from above
Plants:
-Search for and create any Aquaplant and find its corresponding animation file in the above list.
- enter the animation file name in the empty field of the State tab (it is located at the very top and looks like State:__________). For water plants, adding this file makes the prop shift away and up so always do placement last.
-Place the plant as desired.

[color=brown]Thank U x_Neon_x.......but actually I followed this manual to make my fish tank and flying butterfly ...but still its dont fly as my desire location or in any place....Its just static and well behave butterfly...Smile))));d .....So what i did I place them in around some vase and plants ....;d
somu_4uu attached the following image(s):
somu_4uu-10-23-2008-3-36-48-.jpg (235kb) downloaded 141 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try and register.
radius611
#4 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 12:34:08 PM(UTC)

Embarassed I also used that and I can't get the fish or bird to move from the area. Its just turning. Any ideas?