Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
First Person versus Third Person perspective...
Medb
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:48:39 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I don’t know how I managed to do this, but yesterday the perspective of my avatar changed so I was seeing things in the first person rather than the third, which is what I am used to. This made things much more real – it actually felt like I was seeing and doing the things my avatar was, as opposed to just watching.

When I began to dance with someone and tried various other things[!] however, the perspective returned to the third person once again. I wondered if it was possible to maintain the first person perspective at all times? It would make the whole experience much more realistic and I think attract a lot more VIP members. The whole first-person experience is, after all, what most people crave. If this is already possible and I have simply missed it, please forgive my lack of knowledge – I am very new to the world of RLC so everything is still very much of a learning curve.
Sedna__
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:51:49 AM(UTC)

Hi
Right now you can manipulate your view with the scroll button of your mouse (uhm I am hungarian not sure this is the right word) but same function with the K and L key...actually zoom in and out
I hope it helps
_Trixie_
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:53:29 AM(UTC)

Medb wrote:
I don’t know how I managed to do this, but yesterday the perspective of my avatar changed so I was seeing things in the first person rather than the third, which is what I am used to. This made things much more real – it actually felt like I was seeing and doing the things my avatar was, as opposed to just watching.

When I began to dance with someone and tried various other things[!] however, the perspective returned to the third person once again. I wondered if it was possible to maintain the first person perspective at all times? It would make the whole experience much more realistic and I think attract a lot more VIP members. The whole first-person experience is, after all, what most people crave. If this is already possible and I have simply missed it, please forgive my lack of knowledge – I am very new to the world of RLC so everything is still very much of a learning curve.

Good question. I know you used to be able to stay in first person mode, but I've noticed since the last patch that I get booted out to 3rd person when I interact with something. Not sure if that's here to stay or not...
_CindeeMCD_
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:38:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The first and 3rd person view tab is gone...I asked some higher ups about it and it is definately gone. Use the k and l keys, just as stated above...to zoom in and out..make sure to click outside the chat box first.