Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How can do we change the color of the walls in Zaby, can be put down hardwood floors?
Cherry_Muffin
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:52:15 PM(UTC)

How can we color the walls in our Zaby apartment?

How can we use textures for the floor and walls?

How do we know what textures are available in RLC files that we can use?

Thanks, Cherry
URL for Cherry’s Island vww://utherverse.vww/@189/@161363

My profile - http://www.utherverse.com/Cherry_Muffin

http://i451.photobucket....008/cherryMuffinDeco.jpg

ALL_calls_me_BOB
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:59:17 PM(UTC)

[quote=Cherry_Muffin]How can we color the walls in our Zaby apartment?

How can we use textures for the floor and walls?

How do we know what textures are available in RLC files that we can use?

Thanks, Cherry
[/quo

Some time when you make the props flat to (o) it will change the colors and you can put them on the floors and walls to change the color .
you just got to play with them a little until you find out what you want to do in the Zaby's....
Code:
wikdwildcat_JSC
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:12:08 PM(UTC)

Okay... I had to jury rig a way to color extra walls I put in my basic Zaby, so they matched the standard wall colors.

This was as easy as copying the image from the part of the site, where you select which one you want... I open that into an image program, do a color picker to pick up the right color... and then I save that to a small file, and put it in a png. I go back to my wall... and then set it to use that graphic file... it displays it like any picture... BAM... it's the same color as all my other default walls in the joint.

It's not too hard... if you can hang a picture in a Zaby... you can change the floor colors and all that stuff.

To CHANGE the wall colors totally...

Make new walls, and make em thin... use a simple image... say like a red square for example, and set that as the graphic that's displayed in them.

Size the walls section by section, to cover the default walls totally, and don't try to cover up the windows, or above and below the windows yet. Leave your doorways open too.

Okay... once you've done this... and you're satisfied with how things are coming along...

Make smaller wall sections for UNDER the windows... and OVER the windows...set them to show the same graphic that you used to color the rest of your walls.

WHEN you place each section of wall... put it flush against the wall, and move it so it 'just' disappears into the wall and becomes invisible... THEN... back it out, one point at a time, until it JUST becomes visible.

DO NOT make these walls collidable... because that may increase the lag issues in your apartment.

WHAT ALL THIS MEANS IS... you're building walls to cover your default walls, and colorizing them, and trying to make it LOOK to everyone, like you just 'painted' the walls you had.

You can use this same procedure to partition off a section of your Zaby, turning it into its own little room...

OR you can use this same idea, to remodel completely how the sucker looks inside.

GET READY... it's going to take you TIME to do this... So take your time on it and plan it out... toy with a small section and see what you can do.

IF you want to change how your floor looks... take the 'wall' you make, and shrink it from top to botton and stretch it from forward and back... and from left to right...Then just set it to display that little graphic square you made for it, the same you would do for a picture.:D

Just move that into whatever place you want to put it on your floor, sink it just under the floor... and raise it until your color JUST shows up clearly... BOOM... new floor.:D

Hope this helps.
The most dangerous animal on earth, is an intelligent, angry woman."
Xaoz
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 6:11:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
wouldn't it be easier to rotate the wall 90 degrees to the left or right of vertical? Or use a flat plane You can also use the sign_00 on your floors, I did that and got a nice cherry wood dance floor in one area...

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
Troevodkin
#5 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:59:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Myself at my own beach in my basic zaby. Fishtank gravel on the floor. Sign_01(with an image from imageshack or photobucket) on the walls. Some palm trees to make the corners a bit obscure Smile

WendyWould
#6 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:14:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Sign_h2 is best to use for flooring.
It is easier to size than sign_02 and starts facing the right way.
ALL_calls_me_BOB
#7 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 5:20:44 PM(UTC)

Troevodkin wrote:
Myself at my own beach in my basic zaby. Fishtank gravel on the floor. Sign_01(with an image from imageshack or photobucket) on the walls. Some palm trees to make the corners a bit obscure Smile

very nice .....and a good imagination ~~~
MMMoriah
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:35:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm trying to change the walls and floors in my Zaby. What script do I use to change it? Do I use a link to photobucket? I tried to paste it into the window but Prop Editor won't let me. Do I need to type out the whole url? Thanks for ur help!!

M