Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Can't see images in picture frames or signs
delco7
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 5:57:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi All,

I can't seem to get any images to display in signs or pic frames. I'm using the CachedWebLoadImage script, the link in the URL box, file caching is on ( or off, doesn't work either way), state is unlit. Huh Am I missing something here? Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Delco
RedOdile
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:05:44 AM(UTC)

I'm having the same problem.
Waving from another world with ausmate by my side. -12/2011
ALL_calls_me_BOB
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:25:13 AM(UTC)

delco7 wrote:
Hi All,

I can't seem to get any images to display in signs or pic frames. I'm using the CachedWebLoadImage script, the link in the URL box, file caching is on ( or off, doesn't work either way), state is unlit. Huh Am I missing something here? Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Delco

I don't think it works unless it been fixed in the last 24 hours......
delco7
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 10:29:57 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Ok, well that's comforting. I think. At least I'm not the only one.
__MysticRain__
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:16:54 AM(UTC)

Hi Everyone,

Here's a quick tip for covering those walls you don't like. You know, the ones with the Blogs, Comments and/or top 5 of your friends.
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Open your search list. Search for Sign_Generic. Size this sign big enough to cover everything you want to. Position it as well.

Next, find a picture on the web somewhere and take note of the exact jpg file address; including the http://

After you create the Sign_Generic and size it appropriately, Click on the script tab. Select CachedWebLoadImage type in the exact address, including the name of the picture file.

Click the lock button. You are all set to go. Feel free to share/repost this.

And, if you would like help with yours, please feel free to contact me. LadyMystcPhoenix
delco7
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:24:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
H Lady,
Thanks for that info. As stated in the OP, thats what I'm doing, but IT DOESN"T WORK!!!! -Smile
jolanta
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:11:03 PM(UTC)

delco7 wrote:
H Lady,
Thanks for that info. As stated in the OP, thats what I'm doing, but IT DOESN"T WORK!!!! -Smile

You are right, there seems to be a bug in that script, I also get a BLACK picture frame no matter what I put into as link.
(including .jpg in the link, it just dosn't work)

hugs
jola
masttt
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:28:03 PM(UTC)

ok guys having problems with the props soo try to use o prop sound like beach sound or other and it will works unless if u not doing well any steps cose for me its working very well and for information of all too i can have liva stream with it too and even surf on the web exanple if i want to chose another radio to listen Wink
x_Persephone_x
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 8:29:32 PM(UTC)

Are you putting the picture on the white side or the transparent one? I did it on the transparent side and it didn't show, so tried the white side, et viola! It worked! GL with it!
Garf_HOG_SOA
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:09:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I can add a picture to a sign with no problems, but it's offset for some reason so there's a thick black line visible along the bottom and on the left of the image and it looks kinda crap. Am I missing something? Is there someway of getting rid of this offset, or at least centering the image so the black line runs all the way around and forms a frame to the image? Or is it a case of resizing the image I'm using? Any advice on this would be appreciated Smile
Xaoz
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:17:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:
when you size the sign to fit your picture look at the dimensions of the jpg

if they are 450x600

1 by 450 and multiple by 600 this will give you the size the sign needs to be (in this case 1 x 1.34)

when you place the picture url in the script it should fit perfectly I always use sign_00 for this btw

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
Garf_HOG_SOA
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 6:19:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Cheers dude. Actually, I sussed it out m'self. It's not so much the size of the image that's important, it's the format that the image is saved in. JPGs don't support transparent backgrounds, so in order to avoid big black marks around your artwork you need to use images in either GIF or PNG format, with my preference being PNG because the image quality and colour definition is much, much better. I really don't know why I didn't think of it before because I naturally save my profile graphics in PNG format for much the same reason. Ce la :-P
sweetlikechoc
#13 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:25:26 AM(UTC)

LadyMystcPhoenix wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Here's a quick tip for covering those walls you don't like. You know, the ones with the Blogs, Comments and/or top 5 of your friends.
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Open your search list. Search for Sign_Generic. Size this sign big enough to cover everything you want to. Position it as well.

Next, find a picture on the web somewhere and take note of the exact jpg file address; including the http://

After you create the Sign_Generic and size it appropriately, Click on the script tab. Select CachedWebLoadImage type in the exact address, including the name of the picture file.

And, if you would like help with yours, please feel free to contact me. LadyMystcPhoenix

Thanks this worked first time for me Wink But writing out the whole code is a bit lenghty .... does anyone have an alternative please Thanks
WendyWould
#14 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:53:48 AM(UTC)

Medals:
LadyMystcPhoenix wrote:
Hi Everyone,

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

The above method works really well (thanks!)
Two things to add:
1. If you use sign_01.gml (just search it will come up) you will get a larger flatter image. This will work just as well as Sign_Generic, just go with your preference.
2. In State, flag "unlit" and the picture will be brighter. Again, just go with your personal preference.
SweetGuy
#15 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:59:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
sweetlikechoc wrote:
LadyMystcPhoenix wrote:
Hi Everyone,

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

Thanks this worked first time for me Wink But writing out the whole code is a bit lenghty .... does anyone have an alternative please Thanks

As of the UI change, you can now paste into the client, so copy the image url and paste it into the box.
MrStevenNight_
#16 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:15:28 AM(UTC)

question, how do we paste into the box?

Inked_Minx
#17 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:28:31 AM(UTC)

even when i do all the suggestions, nothing shows up,,and paste isnt working
"The liberty of the press would be an empty sound, and no man would venture to write on any subject, however, pure his purpose, without an attorney at one elbow and a counsel at the other. From minds thus subdued by the fear of punishment, there could issue no works of genius to expand the empire of human reason."
Thomas Erskine
Ms_JJ_x
#18 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:36:08 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Gabby_ wrote:
question, how do we paste into the box?

Since you can't right-click, to bring up your task menu, you have to highlight the box and then key-board short-cut, to paste into it, Gabby. Ctrl + V (hold Ctrl, then tap V)

Ms_JJ_x
#19 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:40:45 AM(UTC)

Medals:
sweetlikechoc wrote:
But writing out the whole code is a bit lenghty .... does anyone have an alternative please Thanks

Sweet, open your Notepad, paste all the URLs that you want into it, keep it open, log into RLC, create a sign(s) and then clone the blank sign, line them all up, then just zip the URLs into them, from your notepad. Saves a lot of time. Wink