Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Pictures in Zaby's
kimmykteach_ESQ
#1 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 12:55:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Smile Hello everyone! Quick question and I hope someone can help me out with this.. I've seen the picturefram and just plain frames. Can I put pictures in those? I would really like to but not sure how that works.... Thanks for taking time to read this and for whoever replys!
masttt
#2 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 1:01:27 PM(UTC)

yes you can but dont forget to copie the jpg url and put it inside and the good script Winkcheers
QN_Viper_Vixen
#3 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 1:51:27 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi

Could we have a little more detail please "good Script"? I have tried all the ones I think would apply without success, can we have details thank you very much
Caty_Edenflower_
#4 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 2:15:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
what you can do is cover them with a prop or justwait till they get the next stage in which will allow us to change these out incase you didnt guess this is from your profile page and everyone is supposed ot get it.
Love ya Caty

The _Ga_Peach_ awards The Best Bewbies in an Avi Pic Award goes to Caty_EdenFlower

I am the typo Queen so deal with it.Smile
Forum Whore and all around Pest
Politics is a contact sport with no rules.GAME ON!
'Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.'
QN_Viper_Vixen
#5 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 2:20:01 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hey Caty

Thanks but I am trying to put pictures on my walls and I can't get them to display. I just tried a photo from the net and I was able to get it to work,. problem is you know how the net changes so unless I can be sure about the url I may see photos ot the "loading" message.

you know I can't wait lol

thanks for the reply

V
masttt
#6 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 4:04:53 PM(UTC)

hi ok im going to try sorry about my english..
ok first u must find a url pic like this ( http://farm1.static.flic...254387060_62e4d2c80d.jpg ) the jgp must be there or you will never see the pic.
then you go to props edit /new prop and find Sign_00 or other, you creat then you go to propreties in script inside script you chose cachedwebloadimage and inside the options of that script u put the all url (carefull u must put exatly as the url is) the u activet the file caching who sey turn on/off this feature and after that you will see the pic ( remark dont put files to much big or they will get time to charge and open the pic a pic with 100 kb its moore then enf .
after that you can change the size of the pic inside the propsedit in scale and put where you want in position

i hope this can help you and can help the others as well any question you can send a pm or find me on rlc world

see ya all and good luck ...:dWink
masttt
#7 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 4:10:44 PM(UTC)

sorry i forgot for the problem about change net and not be hable to see the pic you put it on your profil pic then do the same process or creat a profil in a host file uplod a pic and get the url from the web of your profil if you have any problem with that just reply Wink
Ingot
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 4:48:41 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Another mistake I struggled with for awhile was if you had to "rotate" your sign or poster object, you might have turned the face to the wall.

Try flipping it around.
__L_e_o__
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:55:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Can anyone give the actual instructions to get these pictures to load, I've done this a number of times now, but no picture.

From the prop edit help

Quote:
Break it up into:

File Name: sign_nightcandy1.jpg
Directory: /repository/textures/rlc/street/
File URL: repository.redlightcenter.com (note http:// is optional).

Bears no similarity to what appears when using cachedwebloadimage

What am i missing ?

I have cachewebloadimage selected, filecaching is on, textures unlit in script (nothing else), and the URL is correct, and works fine elsewhere incl on my uther profile.
Visit me at and give me some good ratings at Leo403
WendyWould
#10 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:38:43 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Here is an updated instruction on loading pictures:
-Search for sign_01 and create it.
-flip it around so that the grey/blank side (rather than the clear side) is facing out, size and place as desired.
-Set Script to “CachedWebLoadImage.” In the Parameter field enter the Exact Link to the image (include http:// and always end in .jpg or .png).
-Check the File Caching option (Scripts Tab).
XX_Ross_XX
#11 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 5:00:08 AM(UTC)

Medals:
You need to download your Photo's to a place like Photobucket.com they attach a url to your photos and then it should be no problem attaching the Photo's
Inked_Minx
#12 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 7:46:50 AM(UTC)

still trying to get it to work with no results,,any updates?
"The liberty of the press would be an empty sound, and no man would venture to write on any subject, however, pure his purpose, without an attorney at one elbow and a counsel at the other. From minds thus subdued by the fear of punishment, there could issue no works of genius to expand the empire of human reason."
Thomas Erskine
Sir_Dreamalot
#13 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 8:45:13 AM(UTC)

Medals:
i found a way to put pics in my zaby and here is how i did it.
1. find a pic and save it to your comp.
2. upload it to your pics on your profile
3. click on it to get the larger version then right click on it. a menu will appear. click on properties. the url to that pick will be there. right it down including all the symbols.
4 in your zaby open propeditor and use either sign_00 or 01 and size it and place it.
5 click on scripts and choose catchwebloadimage
6 enter the url
7click on state and check texturesunit
8 close propeditor

i hope this helps and if you need help with your fireplace forget it i havent figured that out yet lol
Garf_HOG_SOA
#14 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:43:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Something worth remembering is that JPGs don't support transparent backgroungs so you might find that the image in your sign has a big black line along the bottom and down one edge. If you have the right software, save your pictures as GIFs, or preferably PNGs ( crisper images and more colours ). Then post them on a file host site such as photobucket. They provide you with the correct codes and URLs to paste in the script part of the prop editor ( use the direct link for this ).
Inked_Minx
#15 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 10:04:29 AM(UTC)

WhooHoo thanks a million Sir_Dreamalot...worked like...a dream..lol,,,thx again.
"The liberty of the press would be an empty sound, and no man would venture to write on any subject, however, pure his purpose, without an attorney at one elbow and a counsel at the other. From minds thus subdued by the fear of punishment, there could issue no works of genius to expand the empire of human reason."
Thomas Erskine