Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Talking To You
SupaGJ
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:12:39 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hey all,

I'm a new member, been roaming around RLC for a few days. Is there anythin special you have to do to get people to talk to you? I private people, say "Heya, howz it goin?" and nobody even replies or if they do its 1 word answers like they're not even interested.

Any help would be apprciated as I would like to start talkin to people, makin friends etc.

Thanks.
Lightpulse
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:19:07 AM(UTC)

SupaGJ wrote:
Hey all,

I'm a new member, been roaming around RLC for a few days. Is there anythin special you have to do to get people to talk to you? I private people, say "Heya, howz it goin?" and nobody even replies or if they do its 1 word answers like they're not even interested.

Any help would be apprciated as I would like to start talkin to people, makin friends etc.

Thanks.

SupaGJ,

It's considered inpolite to PM people who are not already your friends in RLC.

Try saying 'hello everyone' in General Chat in RLC Transit or in the street and you should get some responses Smile

SupaGJ
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:23:03 AM(UTC)

Medals:
i have, ive tried that as well, wen to clubs, the RLC street. said "heya everybody, howz it goin?" and got nothin back.
Lena_
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:29:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I don't find it to be impolite to PM me if I don't know you
that's how some get to know others cos they don't want to talk in GC
it does take time and just be a bit patient
if ya see me say hello Smile

"You cannot dream yourself into a character;
you must hammer and forge yourself one."
sweetlikechoc
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:37:07 AM(UTC)

Wink aww .... Sorry to hear your having this issue. Ive been here in RLC 2 years now , When i first came there were less peeps online 75 compared to what there is now, and it was much easier to make friends.

I guess peeps get immursed in their PMs and wot not , But keep trying make your self a regular in a smaller setting with less people occupying and im sure you will get a responce . Dont give up im sure theres lots of people in the same situation as you ... its just finding them,

Maybe you could try the welcome centre as a lot of new members go there esp to meet new people.

ill look out for you in world Wink

Good luck .
Anastasya
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:44:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
SupaGJ wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks.

Nice way to become friends is profile coments (compliments) send some messages... so next time you see those people in world i'm sure they'l smile at you Smile

Welcome to RLC
The_Lady_Artemis
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:55:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Agree with Anastasya. If I see that you have read my profile, and make a complement on it...You will get my attention. It's like going into a club in real life. The best way to "break the Ice" with a girl is to complement her on something. Clothes, hair, laugh...something that is HERS. We all know it's just a load of BS, but it makes us feel attractive. In RLC, the board is much more leveled. We can make new outfits, or hair, but someone has already done that. So we make our profiles unique. Be creative, or funny, or both! A sense of humor goes a long way!

Oh...and when I do look at your profile, and your snapshot is a prick. Forget all the above...I am no longer interested in meeting anymore pricks!

Just my $.02

Gigs
Seminole_Jim
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:02:09 PM(UTC)

Wow... I'm agreeing with 2 females on this topic (Gigabyte,and Anastasya); I myself just signed up with this site, or rather it found me somehow (LOL) <haven't quite figured that one out yet>? But let's assume that this program were just another type of IM, only it's different 'cuz you actually see you're self walking talking with someone else. How would you act/display yourself when 1st entering the chat room? Whether it's AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, or any other type of instant messenger? Of course it will take a little bit of time/ patience to actually get to know others. But rest assured this one may have a bigger payoff than other "chat rooms".

xXxSeminole_JimxXx
Sedna__
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:49:08 PM(UTC)

I am really sorry to hear about these problems. My personal opinion is that the population of RLC became huge with alot of different personalities and it can cause lacks in communication. I know wonderful pp here also kind of communities Smile
So I hope you won't give up and you will find alot of friends here Smile
Best regards,
RuinedLife
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:36:11 PM(UTC)

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Ask a question in Gen Chat. Even if you know the answer, ask anyway. There is normally someone that will answer and strike up a conversation. Talking alot in gen chat gets you recognized, even if you talk to yourself, lol.

2. Use humor. Make fun of yourself and lol alot.

3. On your profile at the top is Calendar. This shows the events that are happenning for the day. Show up at the events and say, "Hey didn't I see you at _____"

4. Read profiles and find people who have listed something you know about...besides sex, lol. Strike up a convo with people who have similar interests.

5. This is not for everyone, but join a House or Family. When you join a House or Family, you gain instant friends. Make sure you look into the house deeply before you join so you know what you are getting into.

6. Pick one club to hang out in. People tend to frequent the same places, so exposing yourself to the same group of people will get you recognized.
I admit, I don't have an answer for everything. I do however have an opinion on everything. Just ask me.