Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Can someone help me - I'm new
IrishAmgrl
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:10:36 AM(UTC)

I signed up yesterday, but I was in a hurry and got called away when the introductory video was just starting. Today I tried to run it again but all I get is a message that says it can't validate me. When I put in my email address and pin number, the same message pops up. I am able to log in, but it doesn't go to the video.
So, I know nothing of how this works. I think I got my profile set up, but I don't know how to create my avatar or upload a picture of it. I'm not sure how to decorate my page or meet people. Can anyone explain it to me, or should I email the guide person who left the message for me? This is a bit frustrating.Brick wall Thanks for any help you can give me.
Gone_TYall
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:24:30 AM(UTC)

IrishAmgrl wrote:
I signed up yesterday, but I was in a hurry and got called away when the introductory video was just starting. Today I tried to run it again but all I get is a message that says it can't validate me. When I put in my email address and pin number, the same message pops up. I am able to log in, but it doesn't go to the video.
So, I know nothing of how this works. I think I got my profile set up, but I don't know how to create my avatar or upload a picture of it. I'm not sure how to decorate my page or meet people. Can anyone explain it to me, or should I email the guide person who left the message for me? This is a bit frustrating.Brick wall Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ok...step by step Smile

Did you received an email that confirms your registration?

You have to click the link that is in that email and that will validate you, I guess.

The avatar is created in world so you have to download the Utherverse 3D:

http://download.redlight...Live/UtherverseSetup.exe

To upload a pic in your profile is only possible after validation and it is My pics tab Smile

And yes click on your guide picture and send an email. He/She will help you for sure Smile

Hugs

No love can make me get rid of my wings.
Between love and wings, I prefer wings....at least I can fly anywhere when I want.

Quote:

Power makes everyone blind...even the most wise man.
A true leader always takes a break and returns to origins.

IrishAmgrl
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:34:03 AM(UTC)

I downloaded the software and I logged on. It shows me as a blonde. I tried clicking on customize, but it shows basic, and I tried clicking on hair, etc but nothing happens. How can I change how I look? And all I see when I'm walking around is the back of me. How do I see what I look like and how do I take a picture of my avatar to upload?
Lena_
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:41:42 AM(UTC)

Medals:
well you should be able to change your look in customize
it says basic cos you are a basic member
but customize should still work for you
you can look at the front of yourself by clicking outside the chat area and hitting the / key 1 or 2 times
you can also pan around yourself by using < > keys
to take a pic you can clear the screen of all chat by hitting +=(just tap it again to bring it back) key and then to take the pic hit the _-key
it will show you in general chat where your pic goes Smile

"You cannot dream yourself into a character;
you must hammer and forge yourself one."
Frenchy_EDEN
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:04:11 AM(UTC)

Remember to press the "Apply Changes" at the bottom of the "Customize" page

Or your changes are not applied