Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
HELP ME PLEASE ,, WANT TO BE A DJ
_Lady_Yummy_HOI_
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2008 3:57:15 AM(UTC)

can someone help me ,, i want to be a DJ
"Yummy is so Yummy "

Frouk
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:26:31 AM(UTC)

Krylancelo_F said on the General Discussion Board

Quote:
Ask DJ_Sexecutioner or DJ_Scots_Paul, They'll be glad to help.

_Lady_Yummy_HOI_
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2008 5:33:52 PM(UTC)

yeah thank i know DJ scotspaul in real will go his place and ask ,,, and whats with the posion?
"Yummy is so Yummy "

london_lovely
#4 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 12:18:43 AM(UTC)

Frouk wrote:
Krylancelo_F said on the General Discussion Board

Quote:
Ask DJ_Sexecutioner or DJ_Scots_Paul, They'll be glad to help.

DJ_Scots_Paul is no longer a member of Utherverse and DJ_Sexecutioner has stopped being an Utherverse DJ. The events team should be able to help you though if you contact one of them.
london_lovely
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:02:32 AM(UTC)

Update: Bulletin posted by DJ_Bull today:

OFFICIAL DJ SITE FOR RLC
Hey everyone it's me and i need all my friends help....if you know of someone who has a stream and wants to be on the directory of rlc for all to see email DJ_Bull@djbulls.com put in the subject line DJ STREAM and give me the dj name and stream url........www.djbulls.com

REPOST!!!!!.............i only have 3 dj streams and i know there are way more dj's out there than that....DJ'S NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!
raziel13
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:36:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
What exactly is this stream we must have to be a DJ? Cause like her I am a DJ and have lots of music all types and would love to be a DJ on RLC!
Please reply if you can help get me going!!!

raziel13
DianaGER
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:26:50 AM(UTC)

Live streaming instructions: with Media Encoder (repost from soundsexe.com - tech forum)

You need to have an encoder and the software that you want to use for the music.
Windows media encoder can be downloaded here:
http://www.soft32.com/download_980.html

You can use windows media player to play your songs or winzmp or any other software you may have.

Once you have installed media encoder

You willhave a box called new session
click on broadast live event
Choose Audio
Click next
Choose pull from the encoder
Click next
choose an port number 8080 i believe is the default this is your internet port so should be the easiest to use.
(Note that the ip that appears may be an internal ip and not your external ip, do not worry about this)

click next
Choose multiple bit rates from the audio menu
choose the kbps from the list (we use 37 but we have 20mb broadband so you may have to lower this if you connection is slower, also take into account this will use your bandwidth so if you have a limited amount you may end up using it just for this)
Click next
Click next
Give your stream a title that will show
click next
click in the box if you want to start streaming now or uncheck and finish to stream in a bit.

if a warning box comes up click ok

(save your profile by clicking file save as... that way you can load it if needed although it tends to keep the last info put in.

So to stream you start encoding then start playing your tunes... all the sounds on that pc will be heard including your mic so check it all first.

OK now to get people onto your stream for this we use a bit of code to go on your profile... replace the words "your ip:your port no" these are shown on the encoder window on the connections tab. ( like i said before if this is showing a 192.168 ip no. this is an internal number to find out your external ip you need to go to a page like http://whatsmyip.org/ it will have it at the top of the page when you visit it.

The other thing that may need doing if this is the case is port forwarding. Your router (which is where the external ip ends as such needs to know which machine to forward the requests for people who want to listen. For this you need to go into your router settings by typing 192.168.1.1 into internet explorer. Then if you have never been here the default password is no doubt admin and password, then find your port forwarding section choose the port number and tell it what machine (your internal ip) to forward requests to. like i said you may not ha)ve to do this part see what happens first before messing to much.

<<<Code starts>>>
Listen To The Live Stream<br>
<EMBED type='application/x-mplayer2'
pluginspage='http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/ en/download/'
id='mediaPlayer' name='mediaPlayer' displaysize='4' autosize='1'
' showcontrols='1' showtracker='1'
showdisplay='0' showstatusbar='1' videoborder3d='0' width="320" height="320"
src="http://0.0.0.0:0000/" autostart='1' designtimesp='5311' loop='0'><br>
<a href="http://0.0.0.0:0000/" target="_blank"></a>
<<<code ends>>>

copy the code between the start and end into your profile in the music box is a good place. this will then stream on your profile when you are streaming your music.

There is also a limit in windows preset to only allow 5 people to connect to you for live streaming to change this
goto
start
run
type regedit
click ok
click HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
click on software
click on microsoft
click on windows media encoder
click on encoder
click on max clients

then on the fight window double click the default and in the window type howmany again depending on how good your internet connection is we have 40 click ok and close the box...
DianaGER
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:29:59 AM(UTC)

Instructions for Streamwebtown.com (repost from soundsexe.com - tech forum)

FOR THE PURPOSE OF STREAMING LIVE YOU DO NOT CHOOSE A FILE CHOOSE THE DEVICE OPTION, THEN YOU CHOOSE THE SOURCE TAB AND TIXK YOUR AUDIO BOX, THEN CHOOSE YOUR SOUND CARD FROM THE PULL DOWN MENU.

DianaGER
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:39:34 AM(UTC)

Streamin through Listen2myradio (repost from: soundsexe.com - tech forum)

ok this site offers free streaming for up to 500 listeners but it has to use shoutcast instead of media encoder, we also had prblems getting it to pick up our dj software although it worked with winamp itself. Not sure how reliable they are or the uality.

http://www.listen2myradio.com

download winamp and also
dsp v1.9.0 can be found here... www.soundsexe.com/dl/shoutcastdsp.exe

ok now to set it all up.

First visit http://www.listen2myradio.com and make an account you will need this and as it take a little while there end to set up do this first.

Setting up Winamp Shoutcast.

http://www.listen2myradio.com

download winamp and also
dsp v1.9.0 can be found here... http://www.shoutcast.com/download/broadcast.phtml

ok now to set it all up.

1st step: Open winamp and press Ctrl and P at the same time!
Then it will open up something like this:

2nd: Go to the DSP/Effect menu on the left!

3rd: Now click on Nullsoft Shoutcast Source DSP pluggin v1.90 or supperior!
4th: The it will open the shoutcast source, witch should look like this:

Now that you've found out where the shoutcast pluggin was, let's go configure it in order to stream to L2MR server

1st: Let's start by choosing owr encoder! Go to the tab Encoder and select the one you should be better with! There, you will find, on your left, Encoder 1 to 6! For now, you will only need to configure the encoder 1! If you, in the future, need more than one stream (beware for your soundcard power), then you need to configure them as you wish
2nd: With the encoding allready setup, you need to tell to the DSP where to stream! So, let's go to the tab OutPut, as it's shown on the image above!
Under this tab, there's 2 submenus, one is the Connections and the other one is YellowPages! Let's start out with the connections, witch is the most important one, and the one that most confuses user's!

First thing we see on this tab is the OutPut box on the top left! Let's select the OutPut 1 to match the Encoder 1 that we configured earlier! On the OutPut configuration, we will need that e-mail on top of this thread! I will use the data on it for now, so you will use the one that is on you’re e-mail

On the address camp, we will insert 84.95.247.20 (check it on the e-mail example above) and on Port camp we will use the rest of the data given on the e-mail, witch will be XXXXX. Password field will be filled with your selected password for listen2myradio login Then select encoder 1, set the reconnection time you want and we are all set to start the stream
Under the yellow pages submenu, you only input info about your station ID

So, now that you have everything done, let's start the stream
Go to http://www.listen2myradio.com/login.php
Now, under the TURN ON/OFF menu, select on!
Refresh the webpage, and you will see that on the top middle of the site theres the info that say´s that your radio i
DianaGER
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:54:59 AM(UTC)

And like I have seen today, DJBull is back. Older members will know is awesome DJ work until a time ago. Now he will restart. I post here his message he send around. Best way is to contact him and he can explain you everything about the DJ Job in RLC, how to do and what you need.

DJ_Bull:
Hey everyone it's me and i need all my friends help....if you know of someone who has a stream and wants to be on the directory of rlc for all to see email
DJ_Bull@djbulls.com
put in the subject line DJ STREAM and give me the dj name and stream url........
www.djbulls.com
REPOST!!!!!.............
i only have 3 dj streams and i know there are way more dj's out there than that....
DJ'S NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!
xJennyGERx
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:38:08 PM(UTC)

Medals:
streaming with "listen2my.." will be the easiest way Kiss Kiss Kiss