Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Creating an avatar, help!!!!
oliuk6666
#1 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 9:53:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I am having trouble when trying to create my avatar. Whenever I click on the various directional arrows (e.g the ones for facial hair) nothing happens to the avatar. I have managed to select the pants and shirt. For some reason, when selecting certain options, nothing will happen to the avatar preview on the right hand side until I select a different tab (e.g clothing, underwear, tattoos), then he will suddenly look different. It's as if the changes are being made, but they arn't visible to me until I use a different tab or something, very strange Eh? .

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile .

Oli x
s0phie_Rocker
#2 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 11:14:04 PM(UTC)

That is unusual, but there's also a skirt glitch identical to that...they recently tweaked the software for basics, and that may be affecting your view if you are still a basic member. However, you might trying clicking on the facial hair arrow, then click show changes. It will take you out of the customize menu, but you may actually be able to see it.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
"The Waste Land" T. S. Eliot

s0phie_Rocker
#3 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 11:15:58 PM(UTC)

oliuk6666 wrote:
I am having trouble when trying to create my avatar. Whenever I click on the various directional arrows (e.g the ones for facial hair) nothing happens to the avatar. I have managed to select the pants and shirt. For some reason, when selecting certain options, nothing will happen to the avatar preview on the right hand side until I select a different tab (e.g clothing, underwear, tattoos), then he will suddenly look different. It's as if the changes are being made, but they arn't visible to me until I use a different tab or something, very strange Eh? .

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile .

Oli x

Yes, Oli, and I think that the fact there are simply so many files loaded onto your computer for this program in combination with your PC's speed and your connection speed may have something to do with any delay in viewing, or viewing at all in preview. Someone tech-y needs to answer that.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
"The Waste Land" T. S. Eliot

oliuk6666
#4 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 11:36:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
s0phie wrote:
That is unusual, but there's also a skirt glitch identical to that...they recently tweaked the software for basics, and that may be affecting your view if you are still a basic member. However, you might trying clicking on the facial hair arrow, then click show changes. It will take you out of the customize menu, but you may actually be able to see it.

I am a VIP member. I will try what you suggested though Smile , thanks for the advice.

Oli x
Cecret_HTM
#5 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 11:40:17 PM(UTC)

HOW DO I MAKE MY AVATAR MY PROFILE PICTURE?Think Huh
iluvblueandu
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:10:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
i actually have the same problem i cant see tatoos, makeup, underwear or anything like that and people tell me i have it on... im not really sure how to fix it but i know its annoying
Enigmaofhate
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:06:36 PM(UTC)

Cecret take your cursor out of the chat box.Then press the minus key on your keyboard to take a pic of yourself.Be sure to position the camera right in front of you.After you take the pic go to your profile page.From there go to where you have put pics up.Upload that picture you took of yourself and click a check mark on that pics box.Make sure you set that pic to default and then you will notice it has now become your profile pic.Hope that helpsSmile
Xaoz
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 12:03:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
There are two possible reasons that you can not see a texture on your avatar, one is that you may need to update your graphic card drivers.

The other is that you have an older graphics card and need to go to options and check the enable older graphics card option.

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy