Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How do you set it up so you can start from another location?
SirSpidertg_COTD
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:43:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have noticed people saying they can alter settings so when they log on they can start from different location from Transport. I would like to log on from Club Raven. I have followed instructions I have seen people give. Going to Utherverse files and to Configure, and changing trans to clubraven, have tried other locations too, but it won't save it. Can someone tell me where I am going wrong please. Any help would be much appreciated.
DianaGER
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:53:25 PM(UTC)

I would suggest before you do things like that read the Rules of Conduct, here the Part from the Red Light Center. In Virtual Vancouver is the same Rule included:

1. Modifying Client Settings.

Anyone modifying their configuration files using any means other than the provided interface (i.e, the Utherverse 3D client, and various web pages), will be deemed in violation. Utherverse provides a dedicated dimension, named the “Anything Goes Dimension”, which allows members to adjust the 3D client settings other than those outlined as explicitly illegal by Utherverse.

Approved 3D Client Setting Modifications in All Dimensions:

1) Modifying clothing textures to design new apparel.
2) Modifying textures to avatar skins for the purpose of user created skin art.
3) Exploration of legally accessible areas.

EXPLICITLY ILLEGAL

1) Modifying files to gain access to VIP areas.
2) Modifying files to be completely nude as a basic or VIP user. This includes nude on top or bottom, male or female, with the exception of avatar available outfits provided by Utherverse.
3) Modifying files to bypass restrictions.
4) Modifying files to impersonate staff and volunteers.

1st offense: earns a warning if the member is in the world, and email warning if the member is not currently logged in, or both.

2nd offense: results in kicking, optional banning (**) and optional cancellation of the account (*).
Should you suffer from accidental corruption or deletion of your files, the recommended course of action is to reinstall the software BEFORE attempting to log in.

The completely Rules of Conduct can be found here:

http://www.redlightcenter.com/rules.asp
http://www.virtual-vancouver.co...uver/rulesofconduct.aspx

About more informations and if you have more questions about this, feel free to contact:

worldops@utherverse.com
Tre_ZEN
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:09:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DianaGER wrote:
I would suggest before you do things like that read the Rules of Conduct, here the Part from the Red Light Center. In Virtual Vancouver is the same Rule included:

Anyone modifying their configuration files using any means other than the provided interface (i.e, the Utherverse 3D client, and various web pages), will be deemed in violation. Utherverse provides a dedicated dimension, named the “Anything Goes Dimension”, which allows members to adjust the 3D client settings other than those outlined as explicitly illegal by Utherverse.

EXPLICITLY ILLEGAL

2) Modifying files to be completely nude as a basic or VIP user. This includes nude on top or bottom, male or female, with the exception of avatar available outfits provided by Utherverse.

1st offense: earns a warning if the member is in the world, and email warning if the member is not currently logged in, or both.

2nd offense: results in kicking, optional banning (**) and optional cancellation of the account (*).
Should you suffer from accidental corruption or deletion of your files, the recommended course of action is to reinstall the software BEFORE attempting to log in.

About more informations and if you have more questions about this, feel free to contact:

worldops@utherverse.com

Whilst you make a good point DianaGER, the OP's request does not come under any of the regulations that you've just posted. They are simply looking to alter their entry point in world, to a club which is not VIP restricted. As such they are not attempting to gain access to a VIP area, nor are they trying to appear nude as a Basic member, or bypass any restrictions or impersonate anyone. Now if what is being requested is indeed against the rules of conduct, then I suggest someone points out the particular point in the rules where it says so, because I don't believe it does.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to help with the OP's request, because I don't know either.
CurvyBabe30
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:30:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
so is it against the rules of conduct to alter point of world entry Diana? I have seen a few people mention they do it, but unfortunately i don't know how either.
gariad
#5 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 12:37:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm interested in knowing how to do that, too. I'm a newbie, and up till now I've been able to switch from one legal region to another, but in the last two dyas, the system seems to want to keep me in transport. When moving through Gay Alley and hitting a veil (invisible barrier) or clicking on a door that allows me to enter the next legal section, I'm getting booted back to transport. I guess the program is suffering some glitches, or maybe a bit of overload. I have lost contact with friends that way. I would like to skip transport, and log in to a different legal region. How do I do that, please?
SG_GALS_CLUB
#6 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 1:30:06 AM(UTC)

Hi i had done that and that allows me to start from the street when i login instead of the Transport Center.

But i am not too sure about the location code of every place.

For beginner, read my blog post on it
Detailed info

But for you SpiderTig,
I think u did not close your RLC client before changing the settings.
You must close it then edit the files and save. Then finally open the client

Have fun,
Frenchy
SweetGuy
#7 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 7:48:30 AM(UTC)

Medals:
DianaGER wrote:

Anyone modifying their configuration files using any means other than the provided interface (i.e, the Utherverse 3D client, and various web pages), will be deemed in violation.
Utherverse provides a dedicated dimension, named the “Anything Goes Dimension”, which allows members to adjust the 3D client settings other than those outlined as explicitly illegal by Utherverse.

EXPLICITLY ILLEGAL

worldops@utherverse.com

Diana is correct. Modifications of this sort are considered in violation of the rules, especially of the part above in red. Doing so is altering the configuration files in a way to bypass the intended workings of the software, and are not provided as an alterable option either through the websites or through the client itself.
jolanta
#8 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 11:02:00 AM(UTC)

Since I'm not stocked to any code of silence.

I think you should discuss that issue on your Protector meetings. Don't need to mention any names, but I´ve seen plenty senior volunteers starting up in the WC and ending up in the pool. So I presume the rule has changed lately since its done or was practiced as long as I have been on. Sadly I can't say I have ever done it because I didn't know how to.
I think you cause some confusion to some members when not following it in the volunteer program (sorry to break to code of silence)

hugs
jola
Xaoz
#9 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 3:42:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
SweetGuy wrote:
DianaGER wrote:

Anyone modifying their configuration files using any means other than the provided interface (i.e, the Utherverse 3D client, and various web pages), will be deemed in violation.
Utherverse provides a dedicated dimension, named the “Anything Goes Dimension”, which allows members to adjust the 3D client settings other than those outlined as explicitly illegal by Utherverse.

EXPLICITLY ILLEGAL

worldops@utherverse.com

Diana is correct. Modifications of this sort are considered in violation of the rules, especially of the part above in red. Doing so is altering the configuration files in a way to bypass the intended workings of the software, and are not provided as an alterable option either through the websites or through the client itself.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but the way that reads is that so long as you enter in an Anything Goes Dimension, a user may change their entry point by modifying their configuration files. The reasoning behind this is that it does not violate one of the four explicitely illegal activities.

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
SweetGuy
#10 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 4:35:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
jolanta wrote:

I think you should discuss that issue on your Protector meetings. Don't need to mention any names, but I´ve seen plenty senior volunteers starting up in the WC and ending up in the pool. So I presume the rule has changed lately since its done or was practiced as long as I have been on. Sadly I can't say I have ever done it because I didn't know how to.
I think you cause some confusion to some members when not following it in the volunteer program (sorry to break to code of silence)

hugs
jola

You might remember that this bug happened to all members who had been part of QA, as it placed them in the WC upon login. The members who weren't part of QA never had this happen.
jolanta
#11 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2008 5:37:26 PM(UTC)

SweetGuy wrote:
jolanta wrote:

hugs
jola

You might remember that this bug happened to all members who had been part of QA, as it placed them in the WC upon login. The members who weren't part of QA never had this happen.

Okay, I didn't knew that. My bad.

hugs
jola
Xaoz
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2008 12:48:41 AM(UTC)

Medals:
jolanta wrote:
SweetGuy wrote:
jolanta wrote:

hugs
jola

Okay, I didn't knew that. My bad.

hugs
jola

It was annoying as hell, I would forget and hit home and get dunked in the pool at the WC! ;d

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
Braxin
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:40:02 AM(UTC)

The OP wanted to alter their configuration file to enter the world in a spot other than the transporter. Seems to me this would be covered under item 3 of the Approved modifications. No disrespect intended but we need a rule clarification from a Staff member. Seriously, is RLC going to start sending warnings and start banning people for not wanting to run to Raven's when they first log in? Wink
jolanta
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:04:57 AM(UTC)

Braxin wrote:

The OP wanted to alter their configuration file to enter the world in a spot other than the transporter. Seems to me this would be covered under item 3 of the Approved modifications. No disrespect intended but we need a rule clarification from a Staff member. Seriously, is RLC going to start sending warnings and start banning people for not wanting to run to Raven's when they first log in? Wink

Lol, don't count on that. Just listen to the highest rank person that gives an answer. ROC is not updated at all and we all know it.
Just try to see if ROC allows german language in Bordello, nope it dosn't however Staff say its language free zone.
For some questions you wont even get a clear and straight answer.....

hugs
jola