Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How to Stream in RLC
Jay-1
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 03, 2006 6:32:47 PM(UTC)

I have created a small video to help new DJ's and others wishing to stream live content into the world using windows media encoder. This tutorials main focus is on the audio, but I think you will get the idea. Please use the following settings to connect to the server

Server Name: � � Stream.Redlightcenter.com:8080
Publishing Point: �DJ_????? Please email Bullriider

User Name:       � DJ_?????
Password:       � � Please email Bullriider

Please also note that by connecting to the server you are responsible for the content that you upload.
If you have any other problems, feel free to email me at

jasonw@redlightcenter.comCool

Jay-1
#2 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2006 12:28:07 PM(UTC)

Also please note that anyone wishing to listen to the stream can do so at Http://stream.redlightcenter.com:8080/DJ_"Whatever_DJ_is_playing" �For now you can just copy and paste the link or what most DJ's have been doing is adding the link into there profiles. That way users can click the Dj's profile and then click the link. This should be changed soon as i'm trying to add a static link to the server inside all of the nightclub venues. The when you are in Blu's, Fevers, etc. you will just be able to click a link on the wall �Wink

*Update*

There are now links to all of the DJ's on Bullriiders page WWW.DJBull.org
Jay-1
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2006 3:55:05 AM(UTC)

This is just a query about the stream, this example is for windows media player. But is that the only way to stream on RLC. See i use OTS DJ for mixing & streaming. And this uses winamps dsp_sc.dll shoutcast plugin to do so.
Milleniumgirl
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2006 8:44:27 PM(UTC)

Huh Ok...I'll ask the dumb question. Will this allow me to run audio in my store in the Retail District? I know nothing about streaming audio on the internet, but was really hoping I'd have a way to have music in my store.  Huh
Jay-1
#5 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 1:50:12 PM(UTC)

As for the OTS DJ. I might ask Bullriider to make a post here. He has it working with the software and unfortunately i do not have a copy. The in store music is a good idea but currently is not supported. I will check and see if this can be done though.

Jay
JustASweetGuy
#6 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2006 5:13:17 PM(UTC)

I wanted to also mention, that any new Dj's that will be broadcasting through this stream can also have the stream play directly from their page.
Check out http://www.utherverse.com/balhem for an example.

Any Dj wanting the embed code to put on their profile can contact me from my profile at http://www.utherverse.com/sweetguy, or click the Sweetguy's Codes button on Balhem's profile.

This currently only works for Dj's broadcasting through a stream that is playable in Windows Media Player, any source outside the RLC streams might not be compatible with this code yet. I'm working on getting more codes for other players.
DJhippie
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:14:35 PM(UTC)

When entering bitrates - remember that it is YOUR upload stream that is the limitation on the quality - I have a 1024/128 DSL connection - so I do not use the 135 kbps setting under multiple bit rates (actually I run a single of 64)

So it is important to know your upload speed, when DJ'ing

For help on SAM feel free to contact me

/djhippie
DJhippie
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2006 9:59:09 PM(UTC)

I'm sorry to come across like a bitch but I think there's too much emphasis placed on the stream in RLC. I only have a 256/64 connection, it's all I can afford. I don't listen to the music because it spends way too much time buffering and I only get about 5 seconds worth of song. I come in to dance and talk to my friends and all I see in GC is an add for the DJ or comments about the music in some form or another.

I know my complaints are insignificant, I'm not a member of the pack, I'm not VIP, I'm not one of the "popular people" and I'm not an old face, I've only been here for a little over a month. I'm just your average idiot that'll spend hours in RLC to get away from real life but everyone seems to forget how to have a real conversation and tends to focus on two silly little computer graphics having sex!

I've had my say (probably in the wrong section), I'm sorry but it's what I feel. Feel free to blast me or ignore me either here or in RLC itself.

Thank you.
Dr_Mindbender
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:40:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:
as jay had said if you are running OTSDJ and need help configuring it shoot me an email at djbull@bresnan.net........be more than happy to get with ya and walk ya through it
blue_boy
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2007 4:54:54 PM(UTC)

[quote author=bullriider link=1165195975/0#8 date=1166535609]as jay had said if you are running OTSDJ and need help configuring it shoot me an email at djbull@bresnan.net........be more than happy to get with ya and walk ya through it[/quote]

Where do i get OTSDJ ?  And how good quality can i stream on i am currently on a 10/7 Mbit connection.

BB
blue_boy
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:23:38 PM(UTC)

[quote author=Blue_Boy link=1165195975/0#9 date=1168127694][quote author=bullriider link=1165195975/0#8 date=1166535609]as jay had said if you are running OTSDJ and need help configuring it shoot me an email at djbull@bresnan.net........be more than happy to get with ya and walk ya through it[/quote]

And how good quality can i stream on i am currently on a 10/7 Mbit connection.

BB[/quote]

I got the demo and voila it is a full working version .. lol
Mindbomb
#12 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2007 11:23:05 PM(UTC)

Can anyone tell me how to set this up?
For shoutcast dsp, through winamp?

WME won't work for me, and I'll show what happens when I try..

I don't even have ISS on my pc.  

Mindbomb
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:05:37 AM(UTC)

And also on my other PC, I get this message with windows media encoder.

I'm really in a shitstorm of problem's here, and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank's.
Jay-1
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:46:23 PM(UTC)

The stream rlc is not valid anymore. You would have to use your DJ stream name in your case DJ_Mindbomb. Please email Bullriider if you have not already to set up one. So if you just replace the "publishing point : RLC " with publishing point : DJ_Mindbomb " that should work and ask you for a username and password. Username will be DJ_Mindbomb and password is whetever you had sent to Bullriider.

hope that helps.   Wink

Mindbomb
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:03:40 PM(UTC)

wow, that explains alot.   Thank's much for your help.
Very much appreciated.  
bearfan
#16 Posted : Monday, February 05, 2007 8:48:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Could some of the current DJ's post there setups? I'm trying to get my laptop setup so I can start DJing. Right now I'm trying to get virtual DJ to work and I'm having problems. I've got windows media encoder setup and can stream if I use files as source but I haven't figured out how to stream from winamp, media monkey, or virtual dj.

If anyone has tips maybe we need a post describing how to setup the various software tools. That way everyone can get up to speed quickly.

Thanks for your time,

bearfan
aka DJ_Grif