Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Can RLC be run from a USB thingy?
DharvaLove_MG
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:10:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I travel sometimes and have been having some computer problems. Can the RLC game be loaded onto one of those USB memory stick thingy’s. If so how big a one do I need? How? Can screen pictures go there? Thanks for the help.
Violator1200
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:15:16 AM(UTC)

Yes it can but it gets a bit technical...
DharvaLove_MG
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:51:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Technical? Darn!

Can you boil it down to a few simple steps.? That's how I got my profile done (three days for the basics.)

Pretty please, tell me how.

Aleks_VGF
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:43:41 AM(UTC)

Just checking the size of my RLC folder on HDD revealed its a bit bigger than 1GB there - So you should better get a 2GB USB device... - SD cards might be pretty cheap these days. Some Computers have slots for them.

I haven't tried using one myself but I guess with lots of RAM it should work OK for you, since USB devices seem slower than HDDs. - I'm no expert....

Installation shouldn't be too complicated if you are able to install something on a drive of your choice.
Wriqui
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:03:22 AM(UTC)

If you can get a bigger stick (You can get 8 to 16 gigs now for less than $100) there are ways to install an operating system on it. Simple conceptually, but you have to download a small software patch first. It includes a 'distro' that checks out the specs of the computer it is plugged into, and then configures itself to operate with that computer. You must of course, reset the boot-up order of the computer your stick is plugged into. Then the computer will treat your stick as its hard drive.
SATX_Cowboy
#6 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 5:06:04 AM(UTC)

Lexar has a relatively new line of USB Flash Drives which come with PowerToGo software by Creedo Technologies. This software allows you to install software to the USB Flash Drive and run it from a Windows-like Start Menu. Problem is it works well with Lexar/Creedo supported software, it CAN work with just about ANY software but to get it to install properly you almost HAVE to purchase a program called Argo Application Installer, but it's only $20 USD.

Links: Argo Application Installer

Lexar PowerToGo