Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How do you become a guide
MusicLove
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:11:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
How do you become a guide on RLC??
XENI
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:59:14 AM(UTC)

Here is some info on becoming a guide.

The requirements to become a guide are:

VIP member for 30 days
In good standing (all applicants are screened and subject to a behavioral review)

Guides are brought in in groups, and not individually. Just because you didn't make one round doesn't mean you are out of the running. While this is the first step in the volunteer process, being accepted as a guide is no guarantee that you will be promoted. Be patient, as there are no set times for new groups to be brought on. Sometimes it comes sooner than others, sometimes later.

Send an email to: guideapps@rlcresource.com and they will send you an application.
Nightgirl
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2008 10:41:51 PM(UTC)

Too true. I applied a few months ago and haven't heard a thing since. No acceptance, no rejection, nothing. So don't hold your breath.
XENI
#4 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 10:09:19 PM(UTC)

bump
RuzSkullen
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:29:27 AM(UTC)

wow, I should try this
Forum Whore Events Manager
DruJestyr
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:35:04 AM(UTC)

Nightgirl wrote:
Too true. I applied a few months ago and haven't heard a thing since. No acceptance, no rejection, nothing. So don't hold your breath.

When you send into getting in your application make sure you send it to the right place. If you have and you still did not get the auto response, try sending it again.

click if you dare

Makes Forum Whore Cards for fun!!!!
SweetGuy
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:09:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
If you did not apply directly to Tones or myself, or send an email to the above address (thx Xeni) then you will likely need to reapply. A few months ago the guide program underwent some changes, and this includes new Community Supervisors. Unfortunately any applications prior to that point did not get transfered in the process, so these ones will need to reapply.

We are working to streamline the application process and hopefully eliminate these problems in the future. Having one central address to handle applications is the first step in this. When sending an email to guideapps@rlcresource.com you should receive an auto-reply stating we received your email. Once we receive your completed application you should get a thank you email.

While we would like to keep everyone up to date on their status, the amount of applicants makes it nearly impossible to do that. Your application will however be kept on file and be considered in future rounds unless specifically denied (which a letter will be sent informing you of this).

So we encourage any who have applied prior to Tones and myself being brought on to assist with this to reapply.