Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Profile Help
NastyBoy3
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:29:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello, can anyone tell me how to add music to my profile? I've been able to add a background using the "pimp my profile" gig, but it's pretty lame.
Can you use real programs like Dreamweaver to make pages with html or css? How do you make a cool page? Do people make cool mysapce pages and link em?
Any help would be appreciated, I'm a newbie!

Ty,

Nasty

http://www.utherverse.co...e.aspx?MemberID=91569516

PresleyMonroe
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:14:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
You can use CSS style sheets to "pimp your profile" that's all other sites use. Or if you don't create your own CSS style sheet google "Thomas myspace editor" that's ok for a quick fix.

Or you can completely redesign your profile using DIV layers.. Everything is dependant upon how experienced you are in design.

Do you want to add a background, change the tables and fonts.. etc? Because that is just CSS and Thomas myspace editor will do it for you Smile

As for music.. You can go to playlist.com which seems to be the most popular or dizzler.com (i think that's the url) I use myflashfetish.com myself, it has nicer players.

Hope that helps ya to start off Tongue

NastyBoy3
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:04:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Thanks,

Helped me get music on the page. The other things I wanted to change were, to put my own pictures in as backgrounds, and maybe change the backgrounds of the text boxes so the type is more readable. I'll play around with the methods you mentioned, but if I can't get what I want, I'll take the time to play with it more. I do a bit of graphic design, but not a lot of web work. I have the CS3 suite, heard Photoshop works well for this. Not sure how deep I want or need to get.

Thanks for the help,

Nasty
PresleyMonroe
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 2:06:44 PM(UTC)

Medals:
You're better using Thomas myspace editor at this link because that gives you the option to chose a background, change your tables, add images to your tables etc..

When you talk about photoshop do you mean creating your own images instead of searching for background images, etc? Because Photoshop is an image editing tool (I dont mean that to sound patronising) so you can create your own background and upload it..

So for ease of use, use thomas myspace editor, that's my opinion anyways.

katlucious
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:39:30 AM(UTC)

After you use thomas myspace editor and get the code, where do you paste it, tried a few places and won't work
Lena_
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:06:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
katlucious wrote:
After you use thomas myspace editor and get the code, where do you paste it, tried a few places and won't work

you paste it in the about me section of your profile and make sure you jit changes at the bottom of the screen Smile

"You cannot dream yourself into a character;
you must hammer and forge yourself one."