Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Creating Ambience
MrTimms
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 3:52:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I haven't been around RLC for a long, long time. I used to be a top tier deco back in the day when the rays were worth it. Since my recent return, I tend to keep it to my own properties and maybe help a friend here or there. That being said, I'm still a perfectionist who tries hard to make my designs accurate, clean, as realistic as possible, creative, and let my work stand out as unique and well done.

Anyway, I forgot many things deco...

Isn't there a way to lower the lighting in an entire space, like a zaby, or more like, a zaby room, using a bounding box and adjusting the lighting down to create an overall dimming effect?

I want to put in drop lights like in a nice dimmed restaurant, but with the lighting effects visible, and, without the stock brightness bleeding out those effects, so the lamp and track lighting "LIGHT" stands out...Ambience!

Can anyone speak to that constructively and help me remember how that is done? Maybe there's a better way introduced since I recently returned?

I appreciate any helpful feedback.

Be well, be safe...Enjoy!

*EDIT*

I know how to modify the Ambient and Diffuse lighting values for an object in the state tab,

I guess my question is whether the bounding box is the means to do that for a whole space.

Guess I could have just tried it? Figured someone could set me straight before I dive off that cliff first.
ASultryWmn
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 4:07:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'm far from what you would call a pro deco person but I think you mean using a trigger box when you say bounding box. If so you are doing the right thing you just have to play with the position size of box and the numbers to get the effect and color changes you want. Sorry cant give more detail that's all I know.
MrTimms
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 4:12:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I thought it was done like making a cube for a dance floor "Dance" space. except instead of adding a script for dance, I modify the state tab lighting parameters. I forgot what "Cube" I use for either case, dance too.
MrTimms
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 4:18:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Trigger box, opened one, I think that's the ticket, thank you so much.
1 user thanked MrTimms for this useful post.
ASultryWmn on 12/2/2023(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 4:22:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
You're going to need a pro to help. I have only ever did 2 and both of them are up in the air. One making a 2 tone color change in a water fall and the other is casting a blue light down on dancers in a certain area.
SaphyreRose
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 02, 2023 9:18:34 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I'd visit the post by SifuPeter in regards to lighting.

He was and is a guru of decorating in this realm but not active due to real life work. He does pop in on occasion to make a post here and there.

Search his name and you will come across his posts and tools.

Hope this helps
To bring your relationshipto the forums? Go ahead skip along behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie on your neck a steak & lay next to starving lion! Better luck!~SR There is no marvel in a woman learning to speak, but there would be in teaching her to hold her tongue~ER I won because I actually made a float - and didn't leave it as a truck.
4 users thanked SaphyreRose for this useful post.
Viegoth on 12/4/2023(UTC), Mr_Traditions on 12/4/2023(UTC), divingA_WnC on 12/4/2023(UTC), ozzmosus on 12/4/2023(UTC)
Viegoth
#7 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2023 9:23:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Check the article in this post by SifuPeter.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
3 users thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Mr_Traditions on 12/4/2023(UTC), divingA_WnC on 12/4/2023(UTC), ozzmosus on 12/4/2023(UTC)
ozzmosus
#8 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2023 4:10:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Or Here.
Deco Light Matters

((WWG1WGA))