Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Again, dear WO???
rolichan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:57:07 PM(UTC)

i have a question - why isn't there a requirement that the pictures of the outfits be made with actual RLC avatars? is there some reason why some designers won't use actual RLC avatars to sell their outfits?

i'm not a designer, so can't speak from experience - but i am truly wondering why it's okay for some designers to use images that don't reflect the actual product in the UV catalog.
9 users thanked rolichan for this useful post.
Debbie_Tan on 9/16/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/16/2020(UTC), LazTopCat on 9/17/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 9/18/2020(UTC), Tergiet on 9/18/2020(UTC), Warlock_W on 9/18/2020(UTC), Celendra_S1 on 9/18/2020(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 9/19/2020(UTC)
A_Seddy
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 5:04:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
All serious designers are allowing to "try before buy". If they don't just draw your own conclusions.
7 users thanked A_Seddy for this useful post.
Cougar on 9/16/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 9/17/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/17/2020(UTC), Cassey on 9/17/2020(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC), SaphyreRose on 9/19/2020(UTC), DarkLadyJADE on 1/26/2023(UTC)
Niki_Deus_PCD
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:49:29 PM(UTC)

Medals:
rolichan;1652631 wrote:
i have a question - why isn't there a requirement that the pictures of the outfits be made with actual RLC avatars? is there some reason why some designers won't use actual RLC avatars to sell their outfits?

i'm not a designer, so can't speak from experience - but i am truly wondering why it's okay for some designers to use images that don't reflect the actual product in the UV catalog.

JUST my opinion but the avi's are prettier, don't get me wrong, my rlc avi is gorgeous (yes, I have an ego) but from a marketing point of view, if the avi is prettier, people will tend to go for that outfit over one that is on a not so pretty avi. It's kinda like if you order stuff from Wish, if something looks good on their model, you are going to think *oh I will look good in that* and then it arrives and not so much a good look lol

Try before you buy is the only way to go and I have to say, I no longer buy from people who don't use the rlc avis, even though I know there are people who make theirs in Mudbox and port them over, but you can no longer tell who these are so....

It is truly sad that designers spend hours and hours on outfits only to have the market swamped by people who can buy a dozen outfits elsewhere (or sometimes get them full perm and free) and upload them for next to nothing or the standard 15 rays.

Designing is HARD!! and I have the greatest respect for our designers.
10 users thanked Niki_Deus_PCD for this useful post.
Cougar on 9/16/2020(UTC), Sandra_SD_SoF on 9/17/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 9/17/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/17/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/17/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 9/18/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/18/2020(UTC), Warlock_W on 9/18/2020(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC), Lindaatje on 9/19/2020(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 5:12:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well back in the day rlc did require to use rlc avi in your pictures. you was not allowed to use the avi's from other worlds like sl or imvu. back then they would remove that texture out of the catalog and out of the closets that everyone had got that outfit. now they do not care if what the avi looks or even if the person sales outfits with watermarks on the picture or on the clothing. yes i have reported designs for theft since that is what a watermark is. if the watermark is on the picture that is one thing but when it is also on the outfit too that is another ballgame. all WO did was ask if i am the one that made it orginaly. that is not the point who made it orginal take the DAMN watermark out off of the texture if you going to steal the damn thing first. WHEN Wo is informed of stolen textures regaurdless if it is for clothing or deco WO should have the other person or persons remove it from there catalog or properties till the issues is resolved. that will bring back some trust that we DO NOT have with ANY of Rlc staff. Again one of the questions i had asked in the town hall thread that rlc staff REFUSED to answer any of the questions i asked because it was to hard for them to answer more than 5 questions at a time. Sorry that is bullshit exucuse that they are to lazy to do there jobs.

I like to see rlc avi since the other world avi's can look nicer but i want to see what it will look like in this world not any other world avi or a pre fab one on some 3d program for avis.
7 users thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
rolichan on 9/17/2020(UTC), ASultryWmn on 9/17/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 9/18/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/18/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/18/2020(UTC), Warlock_W on 9/18/2020(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:11:32 AM(UTC)

Medals:
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL;1652659 wrote:
Well back in the day rlc did require to use rlc avi in your pictures. you was not allowed to use the avi's from other worlds like sl or imvu. back then they would remove that texture out of the catalog and out of the closets that everyone had got that outfit.

Easy ok DJ_REBELCOWGIRL i am not disputing you but i am not aware of it ever being that way/UV doing that.

That if/when they were doing that DEFINATELY would be a sign of support to our
"HOMEGROWN CLOTHING DESIGNERS"

i do realize it is dificult to tread lightly on not upsetting the clothing market and
revenue that comes from it, but on the backside of that you have loyal TRUE RLC TALENTED MEMBERS that get discouraged and leave. There is no market without members and continuance of showing no support to our HOMEGROWN TALENT can only result in the continuing shrinking of the user base/market. Can you blame some of the hopeful loyal talented members here for leaving? Show some Support for RLC designers and give them a chance in a flooded with outside water market.

Peace
CALL CONGRESS reps/senators
GET Citizens United v. FEC OVERTURNED.END CORPORATE CONTROL
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

DON'T PLAY THE FORUM GAME WE ARE ALL BETTER THAN THAT

SUPPORT UV ARTIST/VENDORS/ENTERTAINERS AVI IMAGE BY Mizaki_Tanaka
REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHECK IF REGISTERED @ https://www.usa.gov/election-office
1 user thanked Silesa for this useful post.
Warlock_W on 3/8/2023(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 11:21:09 AM(UTC)

Medals:

READ YOUR TOS back when 3dsex/eros island had opened up years ago RLC had put out and was banning ppl for advertising IMVU, SL, 3dsex, etc.. said it was against there tos etc.. who said i dont support rlc?? if did not support rlc i wouldve left years ago like all the other top designers and service providers during the big perge of "curio". sorry i am not a fan of those other worlds due to my visial disablities. those other worlds are very hard for me to use due to NOT being able to see there icons or letters. in sl i have to cover my whole screen to get the same effect i have in rlc for the size of letters and it is still small for me in rlc to be honest.

what i do have issues with is RLC allowing some ppl to get way with shit and not others. When i personaly have reported someone stealing designs i have personaly made they didnt do a damn fucking thing to remove it out of world or off there profiles. When i reported a clothing designer for having watermarks on her clothing " no i didnt make it she found it on the net " she left the damn watermark across the damn picture and then uploaded the damn thing into world so you are paying for a fucking watermark on your clothing. to me that is THEFT!!! yes i can blame them for leaving because they do not support rlc and rlc IS NOT following there own damn TOS and supporting those of us that bring money into rlc to support rlc. sorry it is against TOS of service for almost 10 years since i have been in world to have WATERMARKS on ANYTHING you use in rlc. Rlc can be fined also. hell if you read the damn rules compleatly NONE of us are allowed to use TRADE MARKED or COPYRIGHTED work in rlc without writen permission by the owner. in other damn words if rlc really wanted to be a jackass to all the clothing designers or decorators they can remove or even ban them for using things like the SPORTS logos, DISNEY property, MARVLE property, WHISKEY, BEER, ETC.. all those are trade marked. now i know the apprentace was removed due to that very reason and they could no longer play it in world. now as far as djs go we have to pay for those rights to use it called royalties and we also have to follow the laws when it comes to tagging the music legaly. hell even sl if you do not have your songs tagged right sl will fine you as a dj.

it is not that damn hard to remove a watermark if you insist on using a watermarked design. it just takes a long time to do it. i personaly wont use the watermark design because if you just look a little harder you can find one without the damn watermark on it. the problem is rlc REFUSES to enforce the damn rules unless its on those they have issues with.

for example if you go to put an event on the event calendar it states you have to have all the details on there for it to be approved. this means who the dj is, the dance team if you have one, if you having games and who is doing it, who the sponsors are for the event if you have them, the time of the event, the loction of the event, what type of event ( aka wedding, party, or vww ) to get approved. yet i have sceen so many on the damn event calendar that has only a screen shot of the club put up on there and gets approved and yet those of us that have been in world a long time are denied all the time. now when it comes to vww of the day events. it states you have to have someone on site 24 hours and have things going on all of those 24 hours and you are not allowed to charge a cover fee AND YET 90% of the vww of the events dont have shit going on till after 6pm est that day and i have had some were you have to pay a cover fee in order to get into the club. the event calendar also says you cant have events at the same loction as vww of the day more than ( i think not quite sure on this part ) once ever 90 days on the same url property. Well i have sceen a few of the MC's or clothing designers have more than 1 event on the same url multi days in a row and yet rlc is letting that slide. It says on the events calendar you are not allowed to advertise a sale for your business and yet i know a couple of the clothing and decorators that have sale events on the event calendar that is getting approved also. so yes i can understand why the top designers are leaving because RLC DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE!!! it has got as bad as eros island right before it closed were it was all about the clicks running the world. if you wasnt in the right click you lost money and to hell if your shit was stolen or not.

sorry what you said has nothing to do with what betty was asking of RLC to do. what she is saying if you going to show a picture of something being warn on the avi either A) say it does not come with it in the description ( something rlc said should be filled in ages ago ) or B) say that you can buy it on the other outfit that has the item. eithe way write up what comes with it and not out of the picture. I know if i am expecting to have stockings as part of the outfit due to it showing in the picture and it doesnt come with it i will get mad also and ask for a refund or the stockings to be put in it as the picture shows and resend the full outfit. other wise have a picture saying the stockings or the item doesnt come with it. The clothing designers that give a shit will write a description of what comes on each of there outfits and even give credit for the hair and make up they are wearing on the avi to who they got it from. now for those of us that are older than the uvc closet when we had our things custom made and had to put each line in even for our skins then those should still work but some are not thanks to rlc tech department fixing that glitch since those outfits we had custom made back in the early days of rlc.

sorry if what i say doesnt sugar coat what you said but again it is my opion just like yours is yours. Betty was asking for rlc's help to fix that issue if all the do is notife the designer and have them put a description in saying the stockings are not with that outfit and/or rlc contact them and ask them to change the picture to show the stockings are not there. that way ppl are not getting ripped off and pissed. it is not that hard for rlc to look in the clothing closet to see who has done what. it is called the backend after all. if they need a staff member that is all they do is go down each of the many many pages in the clothing closet each week to watch for things like this or investage reports of theft i am sure they can find any of the clothing designers or texture makers in rlc willing to help do this for them if there normal staff do not have the time to do it for rlc. That feature alone would bring back a lot of the clothing designers that left due to theft of there work.

again what do i know right?? ive only been in rlc now for almost 10 years loyal and what have i got from rlc for being in world so long??? what some free property?? it sure has not been loyalty from them when i report my textures being stolen.

Blessed Be,
Rebel
4 users thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/17/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 9/18/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/18/2020(UTC), Warlock_W on 9/18/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:08:20 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Rebel i hope you do not consider my post combative and i do very much so
understand your passion on this subject. i am hoping you will see this issue from
a different angle and could help with your frustration with UV on it.

i do not believe that from the start RLC/UV purposely planned on the flooding of
our clothing market from other "grids" (those here longer than you and i can shed light on that '07 '08 people)

It is a now an ugly term to say "it is what it is" that it is like that now (flooding outside designs into our market)

But you have expressed your appreciation and loyalty to UV. Their viability is important
for them to continue to provide what we appreciate they provide. It IMO is not wise to
do something rash that could potentially put the clothing market in turmoil.

Consider part of UV's revenue has evolved to count on that revenue to remain viable and be here for us at a reasonable cost.

Brian at the first round table meeting understands the issue and is the one i quoted as
coming up with the term "HOMEGROWN DESIGNERS" IMO Brian in no way is unsympathetic of our
talent here as yours, he is not dumb or greedy he knows how precarious and imminent it is to find a good resolve/purdant way of both promoting our own talent while not upsetting the market. Doing something drastically/quickly is not wise IMO.

But staff being reasonable and showing some signs/intentions of resolving the issue moving away from/find balance from the lopsided it has evoled into they need to do also in a timely manner, not keep pushing it back or never getting to it.

The reason i am appreciative of your post Rebel is yes we do need to keep this issue in the forefront and IMO the end product of it is people like you valued most by UV remain here. People like you Rebel ARE UV's best assets and i mean that sincerly, just saying yes push on UV but easy and try to see it from all sides, the same side we are all on IMO, not the flood water's side....Give them some time to pump out some of that water out without sinking the ship

Smile

Peace

Brandy_GB
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:28:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
RLC DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE!!! <-- I have only played 6 years off and on, and I don't recall a time when they did. I could be wrong though. I do feel like as long you are paying your monthly fee, then all is well for them. If we all cancelled that fee, maybe they will care about their paying customers or maybe it will be too little too late and it will go the way of the the dinosaur as it surely seems to be doing.
2 users thanked Brandy_GB for this useful post.
VenusEnvy on 9/18/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/18/2020(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:36:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Silesa;1652692 wrote:
understand your passion on this subject. i am hoping you will see this issue from

i do not believe that from the start RLC/UV purposely planned on the flooding of
our clothing market from other "grids" (those here longer than you and i can shed light on that '07 '08 people)

It is a now an ugly term to say "it is what it is" that it is like that now (flooding outside designs into our market)

But you have expressed your appreciation and loyalty to UV. Their viability is important
for them to continue to provide what we appreciate they provide. It IMO is not wise to

Consider part of UV's revenue has evolved to count on that revenue to remain viable and be here for us at a reasonable cost.

Brian at the first round table meeting understands the issue and is the one i quoted as
coming up with the term "HOMEGROWN DESIGNERS" IMO Brian in no way is unsympathetic of our
talent here as yours, he is not dumb or greedy he knows how precarious and imminent
it is to
find a good resolve/purdant way of both promoting own own talent while not upsetting the
current viable market. Doing something drastically/quickly is not wise IMO.

But staff being reasonable and showing some signs/intentions of resolving the issue moving away from/find balance from the lopsided it has evoled into they need to do also in a timely manner, not keep pushing it back or never getting to it.

The reason i am appreciative of your post Rebel is yes we do need to keep this issue in the forefront and IMO the end product of it is people like you valued most by UV remain here. People like you Rebel ARE UV's best assets and i mean that sincerly, just saying yes push on UV but easy and try to see it from all sides, the same side we are all on IMO, not the flood water's side....Give them some time to pump out some of that water without sinking the ship

Smile

Peace

Hun theft is theft REGAURDLESS if they planned it to happen or not. It is here now and they need to come up with a way to combate it now or rlc WILL keep loosing members. i was not invited to ANY of the round tables because they asked for active in this or that. Well they have yet to have one for business owners or DJs or promotions, or dance team owners, or club owners. i found about the round tables AFTER they happend thanks to kendrink posting about it yet nothing has yet to be said about what happend in them.

i have offered to help rlc as a staff member for behind the sceens from helping with the awards department, wg department, uv collage, etc.. and yet NOTHING!!! i have offered to help the tech department with glitches and fixes since i do have more than 1 computer and they are all dif sizes etc.. and yet nothing. SNAKEEYES is the only one i ask for help from since he takes the time to work with my learning disablity and is willing to explain things to me in non tech terms to were i can understand what he is telling/asking me. I have asked 69 questions in the townhall chat that NONE of rlc staff to this day has answered including kendrink, brian, sg, events team, tech team, wo, or any other departmant. So im sorry if i was to run my streaming company or any of my other companies i have here in rlc and the other wrlds all of my clients would leave to find some one who would answer there questions in a timely fashion. hell most of rlc WILL NOT speak up because they know it WILL NOT do any good. They think brian doesnt give a shit and we are only about money in his pocket. yes i fill like a damn number and not a person due to the staff. Some of the things ppl are asking for is for staff to answer in a timely fashion. to let us have a say on the way things move forward since the world numbers are in the shitter now compaired to were it was even 7 years ago. put new things were we the ppl can see it in world as they work behind the sceens for improvements. hell at the very least let us know what they are working on and give an eta when to expect it. hear us the members of rlc. some of us are kinky as hell so it is not like we can not help with ideas on how to improve the sex scripts. There are some of us that make custom textures let us help take the load off the staff on the redesign of the company. there is some of us that make movies let us help make new training videos to put out there. there some of us that know how to work with ppl with special needs let us write up how to guides if they are needed. there are some of us that thanks to rlc have learned things we would never got a chance to do other wise and let us put back into the world to build it back to were it was at least 7 years ago and help bring it into the future of gameing. So stop bitching and bulling me because damnit rlc needs to get there heads out of there ass and fix these low numbers. If they would read the ideas and questions i put in the townhall thread and finaly answer the damn things now a month and half later shit might be going forward. sorry i shouldnt have to come into a damn 3d world to be bullied and a lot of that shit is going on in this world and when you report it the damn staff says put them on iggy. well shit fix the damn iggy were the assholes stop crawling off your damn iggy list for what ever damn reason they keep getting removed.

again Silesa please stop all we are trying to do is get WO to see this damn thread and get the others that support the stop of theft in this world to say he WO do something about the theft!!! You of ALL the people should have been the next person to say hey WO stop ppl stealing things from others since you have bitched and bitched in the forums about someone stealing your sitv to use as there own. So get on board girl or step out of the way and let those of us with passion and willing to speak up to fight to get the stealing to finaly stop and it will take BRAIN to give a shit about his work and get his passion back.

4 users thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/17/2020(UTC), VenusEnvy on 9/18/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/18/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/18/2020(UTC)
Silesa
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:50:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL;1652696 wrote:
Silesa;1652692 wrote:

talent here as yours, he is not dumb or greedy he knows how precarious and imminent it is to find a good resolve/purdant way of both promoting our own talent while not upsetting the market. Doing something drastically/quickly is not wise IMO.

The reason i am appreciative of your post Rebel is yes we do need to keep this issue in the forefront and IMO the end product of it is people like you valued most by UV remain here. People like you Rebel ARE UV's best assets and i mean that sincerly, just saying yes push on UV but easy and try to see it from all sides, the same side we are all on IMO, not the flood water's side....Give them some time to pump out some of that water out without sinking the ship

Smile

Peace

Hun theft is theft REGAURDLESS if they planned it to happen or not. It is here now and they need to come up with a way to combate it now or rlc WILL keep loosing members. i was not invited to ANY of the round tables because they asked for active in this or that. Well they have yet to have one for business owners or DJs or promotions, or dance team owners, or club owners. i found about the round tables AFTER they happend thanks to kendrink posting about it yet nothing has yet to be said about what happend in them.

i have offered to help rlc as a staff member for behind the sceens from helping with the awards department, wg department, uv collage, etc.. and yet NOTHING!!! i have offered to help the tech department with glitches and fixes since i do have more than 1 computer and they are all dif sizes etc.. and yet nothing. SNAKEEYES is the only one i ask for help from since he takes the time to work with my learning disablity and is willing to explain things to me in non tech terms to were i can understand what he is telling/asking me. I have asked 69 questions in the townhall chat that NONE of rlc staff to this day has answered including kendrink, brian, sg, events team, tech team, wo, or any other departmant. So im sorry if i was to run my streaming company or any of my other companies i have here in rlc and the other wrlds all of my clients would leave to find some one who would answer there questions in a timely fashion. hell most of rlc WILL NOT speak up because they know it WILL NOT do any good. They think brian doesnt give a shit and we are only about money in his pocket. yes i fill like a damn number and not a person due to the staff. Some of the things ppl are asking for is for staff to answer in a timely fashion. to let us have a say on the way things move forward since the world numbers are in the shitter now compaired to were it was even 7 years ago. put new things were we the ppl can see it in world as they work behind the sceens for improvements. hell at the very least let us know what they are working on and give an eta when to expect it. hear us the members of rlc. some of us are kinky as hell so it is not like we can not help with ideas on how to improve the sex scripts. There are some of us that make custom textures let us help take the load off the staff on the redesign of the company. there is some of us that make movies let us help make new training videos to put out there. there some of us that know how to work with ppl with special needs let us write up how to guides if they are needed. there are some of us that thanks to rlc have learned things we would never got a chance to do other wise and let us put back into the world to build it back to were it was at least 7 years ago and help bring it into the future of gameing. So stop bitching and bulling me because damnit rlc needs to get there heads out of there ass and fix these low numbers. If they would read the ideas and questions i put in the townhall thread and finaly answer the damn things now a month and half later shit might be going forward. sorry i shouldnt have to come into a damn 3d world to be bullied and a lot of that shit is going on in this world and when you report it the damn staff says put them on iggy. well shit fix the damn iggy were the assholes stop crawling off your damn iggy list for what ever damn reason they keep getting removed.

again Silesa please stop all we are trying to do is get WO to see this damn thread and get the others that support the stop of theft in this world to say he WO do something about the theft!!! You of ALL the people should have been the next person to say hey WO stop ppl stealing things from others since you have bitched and bitched in the forums about someone stealing your sitv to use as there own. So get on board girl or step out of the way and let those of us with passion and willing to speak up to fight to get the stealing to finaly stop and it will take BRAIN to give a shit about his work and get his passion back.

Acknowledged and agree Rebel i am sure staff sees it or will see it, just saying easy and careful topics like these are known to turn into a gripe fest by some who obviously have no intention of anything productive or positive and not so sincere on what they are really motivated by.

Peace

Bad_Timmy
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:38:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:

Before UCS, when independent UVD ruled the roost they were pretty ruthless about denying suspect textures from being loaded on their platform. Then along came Utherverse's in-house clothing system and it quickly flooded with textures from SL - particularly skins. Most of the old long gone "revered" designers were simply grabbing SL textures and loading them up. All the "new" skins from dozens of designers looked the same. All it did was crash the market. So.. the "good old days" were no better than today, where 90% of the avatars in world look like oiled up tanning booth victims.

6 users thanked Bad_Timmy for this useful post.
xHard_Luckx on 9/17/2020(UTC), Silesa on 9/17/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 9/18/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/18/2020(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC), Tergiet on 1/27/2023(UTC)
xHard_Luckx
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:05:24 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Bad_Timmy;1652755 wrote:
Quote:

Before UCS, when independent UVD ruled the roost they were pretty ruthless about denying suspect textures from being loaded on their platform. Then along came Utherverse's in-house clothing system and it quickly flooded with textures from SL - particularly skins. Most of the old long gone "revered" designers were simply grabbing SL textures and loading them up. All the "new" skins from dozens of designers looked the same. All it did was crash the market. So.. the "good old days" were no better than today, where 90% of the avatars in world look like oiled up tanning booth victims.

I remember those days. The skins were popular but looked crazy. I think there still might be one or 2 of those "oiled up" skin bots in fuckland.
2 users thanked xHard_Luckx for this useful post.
Cougar on 9/18/2020(UTC), Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC)
Cassey
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:33:23 PM(UTC)

Medals:
A_Seddy;1652637 wrote:
All serious designers are allowing to "try before buy". If they don't just draw your own conclusions.

I do not know about programming in here, but what if you had to "Preview in client" before a purchase would be allowed?

3 users thanked Cassey for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/17/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 9/18/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/18/2020(UTC)
Celendra_S1
#14 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 4:32:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Once again Betty and others raise the same valid points that have been raised over and over again about the outfit system and state of the
design world in here.
And once again World Ops and Brian have done nothing about the situation.

Frankly, I've about given up. This topic has been raised over and over again by many designers, most of who are now gone, and nothing has changed.
There have been empty promises but no action.

Like locusts the "bulk uploaders" (they aren't designers) will strip-mine this place for rays and when those dry up they will move on to their next location.
Meanwhile the legitimate designers who actually give a crap about the community here will be long gone, because real artwork is a helluva lot of work and they are being flooded out by the uploaders so their work can't even be seen.
Most of them have already left.

RLC management has a vested interest in allowing the situation to continue as they get a cut of every clothing transaction - 15% I believe.
That and there is an upload fee charged for every texture uploaded.
The more clothing is uploaded and changes hands, even if it is all alt sales, top 20 gaming and mangled garbage with missing parts, the more rays go back to them.
I don't see anything changing any time soon.

I don't have problems with people using Mudbox (or other 3d tools) OFFLINE to help them design but they shouldn't be permitted in the catalog pics.
And outfits not matching the image should be removed.

As far as prettier avis, actually I think the Mudbox ones are mostly hideous. Most of the ones in the Top 20 are just UGH.

I'm one of the oddballs (maybe the only one) who uses RLC bots for my catalog pics and have created them from skins and hair I bought or received as gifts in here. I don't think they're ugly at all.

Caveat Emptor - let the buy beware.

Cel, who makes her own stuff and is continually discouraged.
3 users thanked Celendra_S1 for this useful post.
Stormy_temptress on 9/18/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/19/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 9/19/2020(UTC)
Niki_Deus_PCD
#15 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 6:15:03 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Celendra;1652808 wrote:
Once again Betty and others raise the same valid points that have been raised over and over again about the outfit system and state of the
design world in here.
And once again World Ops and Brian have done nothing about the situation.

Frankly, I've about given up. This topic has been raised over and over again by many designers, most of who are now gone, and nothing has changed.
There have been empty promises but no action.

Like locusts the "bulk uploaders" (they aren't designers) will strip-mine this place for rays and when those dry up they will move on to their next location.
Meanwhile the legitimate designers who actually give a crap about the community here will be long gone, because real artwork is a helluva lot of work and they are being flooded out by the uploaders so their work can't even be seen.
Most of them have already left.

RLC management has a vested interest in allowing the situation to continue as they get a cut of every clothing transaction - 15% I believe.
That and there is an upload fee charged for every texture uploaded.
The more clothing is uploaded and changes hands, even if it is all alt sales, top 20 gaming and mangled garbage with missing parts, the more rays go back to them.
I don't see anything changing any time soon.

I don't have problems with people using Mudbox (or other 3d tools) OFFLINE to help them design but they shouldn't be permitted in the catalog pics.
And outfits not matching the image should be removed.

As far as prettier avis, actually I think the Mudbox ones are mostly hideous. Most of the ones in the Top 20 are just UGH.

I'm one of the oddballs (maybe the only one) who uses RLC bots for my catalog pics and have created them from skins and hair I bought or received as gifts in here. I don't think they're ugly at all.

Caveat Emptor - let the buy beware.

Cel, who makes her own stuff and is continually discouraged.

In no way do I think the RLC avis are ugly, like I say, mine is gorgeous and beats the imported ones hands down, but I do think that some of the SL ones are very pretty.

I attempted to go shopping for myself last night for the first time in a couple of months, I went through 50 PAGES and I was dismayed by the number of times I thought "Oh i like that one" only to notice the avi and realise it wasn't one of ours (won't buy from the "bulk uploaders" ). There were SOME of our designers there but not many at all. In the end I just gave up looking.
3 users thanked Niki_Deus_PCD for this useful post.
Silesa on 9/18/2020(UTC), rolichan on 9/18/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/19/2020(UTC)
Stormy_temptress
#16 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 10:56:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I Agree 100% with what Betty and Celendra have said, this has got to stop. I have always used an avi from RLC, namely, Tassica's and I always credit her in my catalogue description. I love her skins and hair, but I cannot compete with these "bulk Uploaders". 1. because I would not cheat and 2. I dont have the time. I enjoy creating from scratch, I do get my inspiration from internet images etc and on the rare occasion when I do get into the top 20 it's through my own hard work, not from stealing other people's work. So, Plz stop these thieves and give those of us who love designing a chance

Stormy
"Glitz & Glamour"
Everything's mine!!

Click Here!!
4 users thanked Stormy_temptress for this useful post.
Cougar on 9/19/2020(UTC), DJ_REBELCOWGIRL on 9/19/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/19/2020(UTC), Scr_karenWFF_KMT on 1/27/2023(UTC)
DJ_REBELCOWGIRL
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 8:52:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
to those designers that do make there own custom designs i can say i am loyal to a handfull and they know who you are. so please dont leave or i will have to go around nude all the time.
6 users thanked DJ_REBELCOWGIRL for this useful post.
Stormy_temptress on 9/19/2020(UTC), Debbie_Tan on 9/19/2020(UTC), Pytch on 9/19/2020(UTC), Cougar on 9/19/2020(UTC), F1_Designs on 10/19/2020(UTC), Tergiet on 1/26/2023(UTC)
EMP_Reldra_CNV
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 1:32:49 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I would like just RLC hair. And if it;s not vailable with the outfit, to show where it is. Usually thta is what catches my eye, but the hair is from a program or3ns life or somewhere else. That has stopped me from buying countless outfits.
1 user thanked EMP_Reldra_CNV for this useful post.
Tergiet on 1/26/2023(UTC)
ASultryWmn
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 11:46:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Here is what I don't understand. Some designers have beautiful model for clothing. Then I see that model avatar for sale. Why the sam hill it bald headed or come with some BS hair slapped on it's head?? If you can put some decent looking hair on to show off clothing and advertise the avatar with nice hair style, What the hell happens to the hair should we buy the avatar? I been disgusted with the plastic looking hair here and tits that don't move a very long time.