Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Private Hosting
Cougar
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2022 11:56:30 PM(UTC)

Not sure if the is the proper place but I'm sure SG will move it for me if notSmile

At the time of the Photobucket fiasco, I moved all my textures to a friends server. He promised to be around forever, but has now left RLC and is drifting further and further away. I am concerned for my textures.

I would like to host on my own server, but need suggestions from others on what service they are using? I am considering a server and adding Coppermine.

Any input is appreciatedSmile

~Coug

PS I looked at using my own computers, I have two that are quite capable of it, but my net will not support it. I am rural and very limited to what is available for net.
Don't shop, just adopt. Support your local animal rescue, if you can't adopt, foster, if you can't foster, sponsor, if you can't sponsor, volunteer, if you can't volunteer, donate, if you can't donate educate! Give old blankets and towels! And PLEASE, ALWAYS spay or neuter your pet!!

Viegoth
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2022 12:53:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I've been using Amazon for a number of years now. It's probably a bit more pricey than a lot of the other options available, but reliability/stability/bandwidth are all pretty good with an AWS server. It may be more than what you're looking for, price wise, but it is an option. And I know there are server options for hosting Coppermine. There is even a pre-configured Coppermine package for it.

-Vie
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

VC Designs (Viegoth Customs)

Profile Message

-
1 user thanked Viegoth for this useful post.
Cougar on 12/7/2022(UTC)
MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2022 4:11:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
For photos I started using Smugmug just before the botophuckup disaster. I just never liked using them. Smugmug is not free but I think its worth it if you can afford it. Now that I've gotten into adding sounds to props, I still use Smugmug for my textures but I use Wix for sounds. Wix is free but I don't know how long it will take before I reach the free limit.
2 users thanked MR_DIZ_DMU_DRV for this useful post.
Cougar on 12/7/2022(UTC), PZWUMP_GJMC_Temp on 12/8/2022(UTC)