Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
I have huge problems with uploaded pictures and would love some help
0DKC_fighter0
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2022 2:13:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I was working on a huge arcade room with a huge quizz room upstairs but i keep have problems with many of the pictures or when i create some text to use as a question in paint.net program. After have uploaded the text to photobucket and copy the picture link from there and place it on a sign 01 in my place then it keep show black white. It did begin on this crap last night and beside of there it was all going fine but not it all keep getting fucked up. Even some pictures i had placed as a tv screen for a working game is showing crap black white and im getting so frustrated that im close to rip my hair off. I have used so braindeath many hours on this project to try make it great so i finally later could open it up for all to come and visit but now i dont think i even will be close to be done with this hell. I cant even print screen to show how it looks like because the picture i get is total black like if i just had captured a picture of a total black wall and nothing else. I dont know if any of you know any idea what to do here or would be able to help. Else i think i end up with closing it all down and that i would hate. I have worked day and night and almost gone no sleep because im alone with it all.
Brianna
#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 10:51:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I recommend using the Utherbucket located in your profile page.

Go to HOME and you should see tabs across the top of it, near the right side end you will see one labeled UtherBucket.

You can upload you images and textures there. I like it because it resides on the RLC servers.

It will store your images there and it also has a link you can copy to put into the prop editor.

I put every image and texture I use in RLC there. Ever since the Photobucket fiasco.

I also recommend you create your images as "web" ready. Use a factor of 8 to size them.

I typically use either 1024 X 1024 or 2048 x 2048 for high definition images. They look great.

If you need an aspect sizer I recommend using Aspect Ratio Calculator.

You can use it to determine the size of your image to the size of a prop like a sign.

The first column is your image the second one put in just one dimension and it figures it out for you.

For instance lets say you have an image that is 1024 X 640, you would put those in the W1 and H1 boxes.

Then let's say you want that to fit on a Sign 01 prop that is 20 units wide.

Enter 20 in the W2 box and it will calculate the H2 size. Then when you put your image on the prop it will fit nicely.

I usually set the "Common ratios" to no match. I use "Unpainted Canvas" props for signs most of the time so they don't flutter if you get them too close to another surface.

When you use this calculator keep in mind that you may have to change the W2 and H2 values from 200x100 for example to 20.0x10.0 due to the size difference used in the editor. It all works just play with it and it will become obvious what you need to do.

I hope this helps you out.
If technology was perfect, ...it wouldn't need US....

Brianna(SM) (a.k.a. DJ_Brianna(SM)) Owns WDGN_db_RADIO(TM) and the Club_Drakon(TM) franchise.
2 users thanked Brianna for this useful post.
Never_Lost on 6/20/2022(UTC), ASultryWmn on 6/20/2022(UTC)